(TBF) Smogoff CAP Good Cores

and so, dear smogoffers, we reach the end of our mammoth undertaking. when i first started this thing back in the heady days of my youth (jesus fucking christ it's been over 4 months lmao) i was a different person. as i have grown and learned more about myself over this time, i hope you have too.

without further ado, allow me to introduce our special guest for this evening!

Name: Bramble

Photograph:
View attachment 344633

Concept:

Ability:
Normalise

Type: Normal

Stats: 80/110/100/80/90/110

Height: 16 hands (standing up)

Weight: 500kg

Colour Group: White (I guess?)

Gender Ratio: 50-50

Egg Group: Field

Movepool:
Level-Up
1 - High Horsepower
3 - Baby-Doll Eyes
3 - Bite
7 - tackel
11 - High Horsepower
12 - Odour Sleuth
21 - High Horsepower
25 - head butt
28 - Stomp
31 - High Horsepower
33 - Double Kick
33 - Mega Kick
41 - High Horsepower
49 - Charm
51 - High Horsepower
56 - ExtremeSpeed
61 - High Horsepower
67 - Triple Axel
71 - High Horsepower
79 - Blaze Kick
81 - High Horsepower
84 - Anthrax
91 - High Horsepower
95 - High Horsepower
96 - High Horsepower
97 - High Horsepower
98 - High Horsepower
99 - High Horsepower
100 - High Horsepower

TM/TR
- Rest
- Stomping Tantrum
- Substitute

i've already had at least 2 requests from zoomers wanting to host another smogoff cap; while i admire their passion, i would highly advise against this. maybe some day we shall exercise our creative juices again...

for posterity: horse thread #1 & horse thread #2. open with care!

thanks for the horseries (horse memories), everyone. it's been a wild ride... (horse pun)

View attachment 344635
Well, well, well, what do we have here... This thread is DEDICATED to Smogoff CAP cores that have the holy horse, Bramble! Feel free to post your epic cores here and make sure they're HOT.
Posting Guidelines
  • Any person can post a core in this thread. The cores are broken down into four categories: offensive cores, balanced cores, defensive cores, and weather cores. When posting your core, please make sure to state which one of these categories your core falls under.
  • Although the way your core works may be obvious to you, this may not be the case for others. As such, when posting a core, please make sure to explain how the core operates and any other details you think are important to include. The explanations don't have to be essays; as long as your post has some substance and conveys the main idea behind the core, it's all good. Here are some things you may like to include when explaining your core:
    • Offensive Core: Should your core be an offensive one, such as Clefable + Dragapult, you could explain how those two Pokemon work together to break down their similar checks and any other synergistic traits. You could also mention any weaknesses the core has and any partners you believe work well with the core.
      • Here is a good example of what we look for taken from the ORAS iteration.
    • Defensive Core: Should your core be defensive, such as Seismitoad + Corviknight, you could explain their typing synergy allows them to cover problematic Pokemon for one another, or any other synergistic attributes you feel are relevant. You could also mention any weaknesses the core has and any partners you believe work well with the core.
      • Here is a good example of what we look for taken from the ORAS iteration.
  • This goes without saying, but do make sure your post includes the sets your core is using. In addition, please try to include an explanation of any EV spreads deviating from the standard 252 / 252. Replays are also very helpful and highly encouraged when posting cores.
  • Please do not post a core that has more than 3 Pokemon because cores bigger than this can restrict building immensely.
  • Please be respectful of the cores people post in this thread. If someone posts a core that you think is ineffective or just plain bad, there is no need to jump at their throats. With that said, constructive criticism is welcome and encouraged - simply be nice!
Core Selection Process
  • This thread is being run by SlowAndBruh. I will carefully monitor the cores posted in this thread. When the time comes, I will discuss the posted cores together with the Smogoff mod team and decide which ones will be featured in the archive.
  • While the selection of good cores can often be subjective, we will take into consideration a variety of aspects before deciding which cores are featured in the archive. This includes quality of explanation, effectiveness of the core in the current metagame, and so on. We will carefully discuss everything and seek feedback from others to ensure the selected cores are of high quality.
  • When we decide which cores will be featured in the archive, we will try to announce them and provide brief explanations behind why certain cores were selected and why certain cores weren't. This feedback can potentially help give people a clearer picture of what we are looking for.
  • If a core is originally rejected from the archive, we can definitely provide some tips on how a set or spread can be tweaked so the core meets the standards we look for.
  • Just like with anyone else who posts a core, please feel free to bring up any concerns you might have with our posts and/or the cores we select! However, please be sure to be polite, and if it is a simple question/concern, we'd prefer it being directed to us in a PM.
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA
Well, get your cores posting!

Here are some sets:
Bramble @ Leftovers
Ability: Normalize
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
Anthrax
High Horsepower
Substitute
Rest
Bramble @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Spd
Extreme Speed
High Horsepower
Blaze Kick
Triple Axel/Bite
Bramble @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Spd
Extreme Speed
High Horsepower
Blaze Kick
Odor Sleuth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)