Team 1337N355 (a UU RMT)

Well, I've recently started playing UU, and so far, my team works quite well. They haven't had much battle experience yet, but, I've noticed some good synergy between them so far.

Team at a Glance:

In Depth Look:

Monkees the Ambipom@Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Ability: Technician
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP

Moves:
Fake Out
Low Kick
Return
Taunt

Standard Lead Ambipom. I use Fake Out first turn against anything that isn't Ghost Type, and then Taunt after that. If there is a Ghost Type lead, I use Taunt first. After the Taunt, I usually either attack or switch, depending on what I'm facing. Low Kick is there for good damage against Steels and Rocks, and Return is a good STAB attack against anything that doesn't resist it.

Burn Her! the Mismagius @Leftovers
Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate
252 Spe, 208 Sp. A, 48 HP

Moves:
Calm Mind
Hidden Power (Fighting)
Shadow Ball
Substitute

A SubMinding Mismagius. I rely on her to be my Ghost/Psychic killer, and she works really well with Ambipom. She makes an excellent Special Sweeper, with Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting being really good special attacks against a lot of what she faces. I generally Sub up before Calm Minding, giving me protection for my boost. After the Calm Mind, Mismagius proceeds to destroy many Pokemon in her path.

Topper the Claydol@Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Levitate
252 HP, 144 Def, 114 Sp. A

Moves:
Earth Power
Rapid Spin
Shadow Ball
Stealth Rock

Claydol, IMO, is one of the best Spinners in the game. He is immune to both Spikes and Toxic Spikes and resists Stealth Rock. When Claydol comes in, you can bet it's either to spin away my opponent's Stealth Rock, or to set up my own. Earth Power provides a very good STAB attack, and is it's main attacking move. Shadow Ball is there for some extra coverage, and can be a good attack to have with you.

Rotisserie the Blaziken@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Ability: Blaze
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Sp. D

Moves:
Flare Blitz
Superpower
ThunderPunch
Blaze Kick

Standard Choice Band Blaziken. This Blaziken is very good at revenge killing and dealing lots of damage to a lot of things. Flare Blitz provides a powerful STAB attack, and is the main attacking move. Superpower is another very powerful STAB attack, and provides good coverage. ThunderPunch is helpful for taking out Waters that would be switched in. Blaze Kick is usually only used when Blaziken is low in health, providing a good STAB attack with Blaze kicked in, and can also be used if I don't want recoil damage from Flare Blitz.

Mana the Mantine@Leftovers
Calm Nature
Ability: Water Absorb
252 HP, 252 Sp. D, 4 Spe

Moves:
Hidden Power (Flying)
Ice Beam
Surf
Toxic

Ah, Mantine. Mantine has always been one of my favourite Pokemon, and I managed to find a place for it on this team. This Mantine uses the standard Special Wall set. Mantine makes an excellent Special Wall, with the highest base Special Defense of any Water type, tied with Kyogre, I figured I`d put that Special Defense to good use. This Mantine can really soak up blows from the Special Attack side, and deal good damage back. I normally use Toxic the turn it comes in, to get some helpful Poison on whatever I'm fighting. After that, I just attack with it. Hidden Power Flying provides Mantine with a decent STAB attack for it's Flying typing. Ice Beam is there because, well, it's Ice Beam. I need something to take out Dragons! Surf is the STAB attack from it's main typing.

Spaghetti the Tangrowth@Leftovers
Impish Nature
Ability: Leaf Guard
252 HP, 228 Def, 28 Spe

Moves:
Sleep Powder
Power Whip
Knock Off
Leech Seed

Tangrowth acts as my Physical attack absorber. He usually uses Sleep Powder the turn it comes in, to sleep anything that my opponent might switch to. After sleeping my opponent, I use Knock Off, removing their item and can sometimes find out the move set of my opponent. Power Whip provides a powerful STAB attack, and is his main form of attacking. Leech Seed is good for regaining health and forcing switches.

Well, that's my team guys! I'm willing to swap out any of my teammates to make this team better, and I would really appreciate any advice you could give to a user who is new to the UU battling scene!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi,

This is a nice team first up, but I see a huge gaping weakness: NP Mismgius, especially Thunderbolt versions. After an NP, it OHKOs your whole team, and your only way of beating it is a speed tie with your own Mismagius. So, I suggest dropping Claydol for a more Standard Registeel, who sets up rocks, but provides you with an excellent Special Wall, who can take on Mismagius quite easily, along with other monstrous special attackers like Alakazam:

Registeel@Leftovers
252 HP, 100 Atk, 156 Sp Def
Careful
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch(for Dugtrio)/Iron Head
- Seismic Toss/Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Since you now lose your Physical Wall and Rapid Spinner, I recommend replacing Mantine with a Physically Defensive Blastoise with Rapid Spin. It provides you with a solid counter to physical threats like Arcanine:
Blastoise@Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
Bold
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Yawn/Roar

It seems like you depend on Tangrowth to check a lot of physical threats like Rhyperior, Tangrowth and Leafeon, so I recommend giving it Synthesis, a much more reliable form of recovery. Replace Leech Seed with it.

Also, your team is quite weak to stall, especially ones with Registeel. Hence I suggest changing your Blaziken to a SD Stallbreaker set. You could change the nature to Jolly to outspeed positive base 80's, but that's up to you. The set is Swords Dance/ Flare Blitz/ Thunderpunch/ Stone Edge.

Nice team, and gl.

Your team is good, but it has a glaring weakness to any ghost types. Spiritomb will cause this team hell, it is a decently popular lead in UU, and your lead can only Taunt it. Spiritomb will only be mildly effected by taunt, it will destroy Mismagius, and it block's Claydol's Rapid Spin and can hit with super effective move's. Any team with a Spiritomb, especially as a lead, will ruin you. I suggest finding a way around that with a Special Attacker like Sceptile, and replace Tangrowth for a standard Bulky Milotic. This way you can have a counter to Physical Pokemon like Rhyperior, Recover when they switch out, and proceed from there. Spiritomb won't do much to a Special Sceptile, Choice Spec's Leafstorm will dent it extremely hard, and if it will-o-wisp's it won't ruin your main attacking stat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)