Team Alphawolf Dynamite!

Okay, so let me start off with a little backstory...
I'm somewhat new to Smogon (this is my first post, albeit I've been here to see pokemon evaluations for a good year), but not new to pokemon. The last RMT I made was on Serebii and "was the best team the forum saw in a long time". Well anyways, on with the team~

THE TEAM AT A GLANCE

THUNDURUS @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EV's: 220 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 32 Spe,
Ability: Mischievous Heart
-Taunt
-Thunder Wave
-Volt Charge
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Okay, so this guy is pretty awesome in general. He completely shuts down any pokemon who wants to set up entry hazards, paralyzes any anti-leads, and then flies off into the sunset. 32 Speed EV's give it enough speed to outspeed Jolly Breloom, and OHKO it with HP Ice. This guy also does a decent amount of damage with Volt Charge, 2HKOing just about everything that doesn't resist it. And if I somehow let a Volcarona or Haxorus get to +6 or something, this guy is there, waiting to paralyze it with a +1 priority Thunder Wave.

CHANDELURE @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp,
Ability: Shadow Tag
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Yeah, call me a noob, but I use Scarf Chandelure. Basically, come in on a weakened pokemon, trap it, and KO it. This is especially useful on those stingy battlers who love engaging in switching wars, since I don't run Stealth Rock they have nothing to lose. Also a nice counter to SkarmBliss (if anyone uses that, now its FurreCent or ChansClops, the former easily countered).

REUNICLUS @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Atk,
Ability: Magic Guard
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast

If you run stall, you will not beat this guy, because the only way to beat it is to hit it with strong, super effective attacks. It is completely immune to entry hazards and status conditions that cause passive damage. It has as much physical bulk as Swampert, and can set up in a heartbeat. Factoring in STAB boost, Focus Blast and Psyshock have the same power, so I normally choose the move based on weather the opposing pokemon has lower Defense or Special Defense.

CLOYSTER @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def,
Ability: Skill Link
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Ice Shard
-Shell Smash

I saw the move Shell Smash when on Serebii looking through the Attackdex, and immediately thought of Cloyster. I've considered running Baton Pass with Ninjask and have him pass into Cloyster. A base 125 STAB Ice type move? A base 125 move that covers Ice types? Priority that covers Thundurus and Scarfchomp? A move that sharply increases attack and speed? Why wouldn't you use him? Steel types give Cloyster trouble, but that's what Chandelure is there for.

STARMIE @ Life Orb
EV's: 252 Spe, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Def,
Ability: Natural Cure
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Well, 4 out of 6 pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock, and one happens to carry a Focus Sash. I need a Rapid Spinner, but I also want a Sweeper, so I just threw in Rapid Spin on the 4th slot of a general BoltBeam Starmie. Nothing is new here, hits everything but Lanturn and Shedinja for at least neutral damage, Natural Cure lets it take status, so if I see a Thunder Wave or Spore coming, I switch into Starmie. Any Spinblockers are taken care of by Chandelure, unless the Spinblocker is a Chandelure, which is just a bad idea with Starmie being able to hit it with Hydro Pump.

ABOMASNOW @ Choice Scarf
EV's: 252 Spe, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 SpD,
Ability: Snow Warning
-Blizzard
-Focus Blast
-Giga Drain
-Toxic

What? Abomasnow? Choice Scarf? Borderline tier? WHY?!? Well, it counters Sandstorm and Rain teams, whom I really dont like. Once my opponent finds out I don't run weather, they don't mind sending out their Drizzle/Sand Stream pokemon to do some tanking. When this happens, it is normally weakened by Thundurus and can't take an Energy Ball from Chandelure. So once I trap and KO it, I send out Abomasnow. Hail is hardly ever used, and my Sash Cloyster happens to be part Ice type, so it isnt affected. Toxic is a filler move that I hardly ever use, Giga Drain keeps Abomasnow alive for a bit, and Blizzard just hammers everything. Focus Blast handles Steels nicely, and that's my team.

So, tell me what you think!

Well this team certainly does look very balanced and I see no outstanding weaknesses. The only thing I do not understand is why you never explain the purpose of choice scarfing your Abomasnow. I'm curious to know what all Abomasnow sets you've tried to experiment with. Also, have you tried experimenting with Hidden Powers over Toxic?

9/10

Well this team certainly does look very balanced and I see no outstanding weaknesses. The only thing I do not understand is why you never explain the purpose of choice scarfing your Abomasnow. I'm curious to know what all Abomasnow sets you've tried to experiment with. Also, have you tried experimenting with Hidden Powers over Toxic?

9/10

Ditto

9/10
Ive tried SubSeed, Life Orb, pretty much everything... Hidden power Fire make my Abomasnow slower then Scarftran, so thats a no no... And as for the Starmie, that was a typo. It should be 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)