ORAS UU Team Blastoisinite

Hello there everyone! I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for a lot of time. I have played on all tiers, from Ubers to PU, and I have found UU to be my favorite. This is mostly due to the fact that it my favorite Pokemon, Blastoise, is in this tier. It also happens to be a very balanced tier, which is nice. I've been laddering UU mostly with this team and this is my very successful team. A bulky offensive team. I would want experts to see how my team is doing, and how it can improve. Suggestions are very much welcome. So, here it goes...

The Pokemon

244.gif
Burrrrn (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

The physical wall breaker of the team. Choice Band Entei maximizes is Attack stat to take down special (and some physical) walls. Sacred Fire is the main move. It spreads burns by a high percentage and has that sweet 100 Base Power. Flare Blitz is even more powerful, it is there when I need the full power to break down a bulky opponent. It is also a great revenge killer and Banded Extreme Speed is quite powerful. Stone Edge is filler for super-effective damage. EV spread is standard to maximize power and get good speed.

169.gif
The Dark Knight (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Crobat is my support pokemon and pivot. Its typing gives it a good number of double resistances, especially for the fighting type. I was choosing between Crobat and Salamence (due it Salamence's mighty Intimidate), but I chose Crobat for its awesome speed. The EV spread is used to outspeed imporant fast threats such as Mega Pidgeot, while the rest is invested in bulk. Brave Bird is the STAB move which packs decent power. U-turn is one of its biggest assets, used for gaining momentum. Taunt cripples passive opponents. Roost and Black Sludge are for recovery and longevity.

407.gif
Emily (Roserade) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Roserade spreads Spikes, which is good for additional chip damage. I chose Giga Drain over Leaf Storm for yummy health and it doesn't force Roserade out. Sludge Bomb is good for hitting Fairy types and and non-steel Grass resists. Sleep Powder is always good for catching checks on the switch, although 75% Accuracy isn't the best. EV spread is also standard to maximize power and speed.

031.gif
Queen Cersei (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

One-half of my bulky special wallbreaking core, Nidoqueen packs good bulk and high power. Stealth Rock is standard for most teams, and Nidoqueen is my woman for it. Sludge Wave is the most powerful move, it is also good for hitting fairy types and Chesnaught. Earth Power also a powerful move that gets good supper-effective coverage and great neutral coverage. Ice Beam is OHKOing for Salamence and Gligar. The EV Spread gives 243 speed and is used to outspeed Adamant Honchkrow and 242 speed creepers. The rest is invested in bulk. Not sure if I could move some EVs to HP as added bulk is nice, but that good speed tier is too sweet to give up. Thoughts?

553.gif
I'm Shiny :D (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Choice Scarf nets Krookodile excellent speed, making it a good revenge killer and a late-game cleaner.
I chose Krookodile as my scarfer due to Psychic immunity as my team has 3 Poison types. Coverage Dazzling Gleam hurts though. Being a physical attacker also helps balance out my offense. Knock Off is a spammable move, and a great move in general. Earthquake is Krookodile's most powerful STAB, although Ground immunities are pretty common. Pursuit damages Psychics and Ghosts that would want to switch out. Stone Edge is for filler, hitting flying types such as Mega Pidgeot and Mega Aerodactyl.

009.gif 009-mega.gif
Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

The star and main-event of my team. Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon and I want to use it to its fullest. Mega Blastoise is a bulky and very powerful special attacker. Scald and Dark Pulse are standard moves for Mega Blastoise. Aura Sphere hits Snorlax, Abomasnow, and Porygon2 among others. Rapid Spin is awesome for my team as it doesn't interfere with Spike-stacking. EV spread is pretty much the same as Nidoqueen. One cool thing about Mega Blastoise is that it is also pretty much the only offensive spinner in the UU tier.

showdown.png

MT Famous is my name on Pokemon Showdown!, and this is how I'm doing right now.

Thank you for reading and rating. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Good day for you all!

Attachments

Blastoise is my favorite pokemon as well ! Regarding the team it seems a bit ice weak, mamoswine does really heavy damage to it so why not put something like snorlax, doublade or mienshao ?

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey man, this is a really cool team you have here. Just echoing what SWB said that this team is extremely weak to ice and also has an extremely hard time switching into Scald from any pokemon. I can also see that it's almost impossible for this team to switch into Mega Pidgeot at all. So, I'll put out a suggestion to help this team.

So first off, I'd like to recommend a mon that could fix all those weaknesses. I'd put Porygon2>Crobat, this helps with Mamoswine (bar knock off), Mega Pidgeot (T-waves it), and eats scalds from Vaporeon (traces water absorb). Porygon2 has been increasingly popular in the meta because it can work both as a physical and special wall, which really helps most teams. And it really fits will on this team because you have 2 fighting checks in rose and nidoqueen, although I'd mess with the EV's on Nidoqueen to better take CC's from Hera/Luke

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Tri-Attack/Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

That's the biggest problem I spotted, and I hope it fixes it with P2.
Good luck with your team!

I'm There

Banned deucer.
That's a pretty good team you have. But your team really get's destroyed by powerful fire types due to how mega blastoise get's worn down easily. I would suggest a vaporeon or suicune over crobat to deal with fire types like chandelure and entei. Other than that the team looks really solid.

Yep, I also felt those flaws as my team struggled with Mamoswine and Mega Pidgeot. Thank you guys for the comments and suggestions! I would certainly try that Porygon2 set out to give my team some special defensive backbone and a solid Mega Pidgeot switch-in. Now I just have to move Nidoqueen's EVs to the HP stat to takeon fighting types better. Any suggestions for the best spread? Thanks! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)