Team Boto (4th Gen wifi Team)

Overview: This is my revamped team for the OU tier, which I posted months ago and I just wanted a quick rate before I start my battling career. So just give me a rate and any changes in that I should have.

Roserade @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
Nature: Calm [+SDef, -Atk]
Ability: Nature Cure
-Spikes
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power Ice
-Rest

Overview: Spiker Roserade is one of my favorite spikers in the OU metagame because of its good speed stat and it can take down Swampert and Gliscor leads with ease and because it smells nice.

EV's: The EV’s are to give Roserade some
special and physical bulk so it can set up without being OHKO’d be some neutral attacks.

Moves: Spikes is the move that makes this set a spikes set [Duh]. Energy ball is for STAB while hidden power Ice is to take out dragons on the switch and for Gliscor leads that come out to taunt and prevent me from setting up.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Nature: Relaxed [+Def, -Spd]
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar

Overview: Swampert is one of the best leads in the current metagame with its one weakness and many resistances and immunity to electric attacks. Swampert physical bulk really can wall a lot of pokemon while Swampert can still dish out hits with a STAB earthquake.

EV's: The EV's are to maximize Swamperts HP and physical defense making it a big check for physical Tyranitar and other pokemon.

Moves: Earthquake is the main STAB attack for pokemon who don’t resist it. Ice beam is for lead like Gliscor and for scarfed Flygon who can’t take me out with one outrage giving me time to OHKO it with Ice Beam. Roar is to max out the entry hazard damge that both Swampert and Roserade put out there and turn 2HKO’s to OHKO’s with Dragonite and Gengar.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Leftovers
EV's: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SDef
Nature: Bold [+Def, -Atk]
-Wish
-Surf
-Protect
-Hidden Power Electric

Overview: This is my wish support. This pokemon is really a bulky water and can absorb a lot of hits for some of my frailer pokemon. And really can absorb a grass knot for Swampert and other hits like an ice beam for Dragonite.

EV’s: The ev’s in HP is to make it a leftovers number. The max defense is to make sure Vaporeon can take hits. The rest are dumped on special defense so Vaporeon can take hits in the special department.

Moves: Wish+ Protect is to give Vaporeon a prolonged life in the battle and the move wish itself is to heal its teammates. Surf is the main attacking move that can do a lot even without Special Attack EV’s. Hidden Power electric is for Gyarados since I didn’t have a counter for it until now.

Gengar @ Expert Belt
EV's: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid [+Spd, -Atk]
Ability: Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Fire
-Substitute

Overview: Gengar is one of my favorite special sweepers right from Gen 1. Gengar can get great coverage with this move set which why I put expert belt on it.

EV’s: The EV’s are again very straightforward. These are for max speed and max special attack

Moves: Shadow Ball is Gengar main STAB attack that hits very hard with 120 Base power after STAB. Focus Blast is to hit Tyranitar and when I’m behind a sub, Tyranitar will try and go for the pursuit and I get a chance a focus blast will OHKO it as long as it doesn’t miss. [Focus blast misses at the most crucial times]. Hidden Power Fire is to hit scizor on the switch in or when I’m behind a substitute. And substitute is basically to protect myself from a hit since Gengar is very frail.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EV's: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Naïve [+Spd , SDef-]
Ability: Nature Cure
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Ice
-Explosion

Overview: Heatran is just a beast with a choice scarf and naïve nature making it out speed almost all of the OU metagame. Plus with Heatran decent bulk and massive special attack making him a great revenge killer. This pokemon works well with Roserade since he can absorb a fire or ice move and instantly become a threat.

EV's: The EV’s are very straight forward giving Heatran max speed and special attack.

Moves: Fire Blast is the main STAB attack and can OHKO a lot of pokemon after a flash fire boost. Earth power is for other Heatran. Hidden power ice is for Dragon Dance Dragonite, which Heatran is my main counter for in the long run since I resist outrage and dragon claw. Explosion is to take out any threats to my team in anyway.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
EV's: 224 HP / 80 Atk / 204 Spd
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SAtk]
Ability: Inner Focus
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Roost

Overview: Dragonite I probably on of my favorite dragons of all time because of its respectable bulk and its massive attack making it a very nice bulky set up sweeper.

EV's: The EV’s in HP are to make it a life orb number but still giving it enough bulk to set up. The Ev’s in attack so I can still put a dent in pokemon without a Dragon Dance. The EV’s in speed are to out speed base 115’s after a dragon dance.

Moves: Dragon Dance is so Dragonite can set up and get a massive attack raise. Dragon Claw is a STAB move that I prefer more that outrage because I would get locked in making scarfed Heatran a problem if it carrying the hidden power Ice. Earthquake it to take care of Heatran that is not scarfed which I will out speed easily. Roost is to gain health back form Dragonite’s damage taken while it was setting up and to gain health from Dragonite’s 2x weakness to stealth rock.

Hey Maloman, got your message. This appears to be a really solid team, covering pretty much every threat, so there really isn't much to change. Stall can be a little annoying to face, sure you can absorb Toxic Spikes with Roserade, but Spikes + Stealth Rock will wear down the team, especially against dedicated Stall cores such as Rotom-H | Skarmory | Blissey or a simple core of Roar Gyarados and Blissey. These types of Stall based cores will cause you to switch back and forth trying to break through their defenses, as they make you eat more and more hazard damage.

Now I have 2 solutions in mind for this, you can try them both out at the same time, or try them out one by one. Firstly, I'd like to bring your attention to Subsplit Gengar. Now, Subsplit Gengar is a pretty potent threat against the majority of the Stall teams. IMO, it'll work better on this team due to Spikes and Stealth Rock being a huge aid in dealing with Blissey. Subsplit Gengar applies pressure on the common Stall team, causing switches again and again, as the opposition tries to absorb repeated Shadow Balls and Focus Blasts, and when Gengar is at low HP, it'll just Pain Split, to remain healthy and continue to wreck destruction upon the opponent. However, keep in mind that Subsplit Gengar works best against Heavy Stall teams, Semi-Stall teams tend to be a little problematic. This is because they carry a check to Gengar in Vaporeon, who doesn't take an incredible amount from Gengar, and can Roar it out, and CM + Wish Jirachi, who takes about 38% from Gengar's Shadow ball, and can set-up Calm Mind, while staying healthy via Wish.

The second solution is, Mixed Dragonite over your current Dragonite. The plus side is, you don't have to hide behind a Substitue, you just send it in and begin ripping through walls with Dragonite's excellent Mixed Attacking stats and powerful mixed attacks in Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Superpower, while staying healthy with Roost. Mixed Dragonite can cause serious damage against Heavy Stall teams and Semi-Stall teams alike, with entry hazards and a recovery move in Roost to back it up. The only downside I can see is that you lose your end game set-up sweeper. IMO this isn't a huge deal, since the pros of deterring Stall teams actually outweighs this relatively minor con.

Here are the two sets (I highly recommend that you at least try Subsplit Gengar over your current set, since it actually performs better on an entry hazards team):

Movesets:

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split
---

Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 116 Atk / 200 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Roost / Thunderbolt
---

Again, if you're gonna test these suggestions, you can either try both sets on your team at the same time, or try out each set one by one.

Other than that, solid team, GL!

EDIT: It says Heatran's nature is Natural Cure, when it's meant to be Flash Fire, and Vaporeon's ability is listed as Leftovers, when it should be Water Absorb

Hey, I got your message.

I agree with TLK that stall can be a problem and he gave some good solutions. I have some other suggestions you might also try as well as TLK's, though these are a bit more unconventional.

The first is using Choice Band Dragonite. Choice Band Dragonite is extremely powerful and can 2HKO every OU Pokemon bar Heat Proof Bronzong. Stall often has a hard time playing around it because of its pure power. Against offense, it also provides you with a back-up revenge killer with an extremely powerful ExtremeSpeed.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

The second is Infernape. It threatens a lot of common stall Pokemon like Blissey, Infernape, Skarmory. I have 2 sets in mind: Specially-based mix with Hidden Power Electric or Nasty Plot. Hidden Power Electric is a great move on Infernape as stall teams send out Gyarados against Infernape almost always. Nasty Plot Infernape as after 1 boost, not much can avoid the KO. +2 Focus Blast actually OHKO's 252/0 Blissey, but Close Combat is still an option if you can't find the time to setup.

Infernape @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Electric

---

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe OR 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Nature: Timid OR Naive
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Focus Blast / Close Combat
- Grass Knot / Vacuum Wave

GL!

I would recommend changing hp ice to dragon pulse on heatran cause it also hits kingdra. I would also change rest to sleep powder on Roserade because it can shut down a pokemon and allow a free set up of spikes

I would recommend changing hp ice to dragon pulse on heatran cause it also hits kingdra. I would also change rest to sleep powder on Roserade because it can shut down a pokemon and allow a free set up of spikes
But then I would lose a good set of recovery to just switch out and come back in with full health and if spikes are spun away I can set up more. plus with all the entry hazards I can easily defeat it after two switch ins since this is an entry hazards team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)