Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Someone also needs to remind me, or someone with a better computer to record our next pubstomp. Is audio saved from the mic's too using the TF2 record? I find audio is half the fun.

Also if someone has a spare black box I wouldn't mind doing a 1:1 trade with anything on my first page. I want to craft the lazer rocket, and my obsessive compulsive video game nature won't let me craft it even though I will never use it.
Just a week or so ago I finally got all the rocket launchers, and i was so happy. I did have to craft the Original though

I wish my poor english let me understand everything that you said guys :<
I only understood something like Eviolite Chansey, things about classes and someone complaining at Mr.Esc for playing Magic ("at least the hats are worth the money" he said), that's the only reason I don't use my mic
EDIT: can we discuss about classes?, I keep hearing that the Pyro is the worst class, that all they do is die, etc :<, I have seen godly Pyros, those who reflect 4 rockets in a row and those how are like snipers with their flareguns. And still, everything I hear is "Pyro is only w + m1", "The Pyro is slighty underpowered compared to the other classes"
Pyro needs more weapons, another shotgun would be nice :/

It is abundantly clear that while despite the ubiquity of the soldier class in every single game, their usage of the Shooter which is Reserve is sorely limited to noobs and dumbheads. I have little doubt in my mind that were the class of the pyromaniac granted access to this most confounding shotgun, its usage would increase dramatically across the board of TF2 game modes, as the blasting of air in which the pyro partakes is truly one of the most entertaining aspects of the game, and the relinquishing of the Reserve Shooter to these most flame-obsessed folk would allow for even greater fun thanks to the usefulness of minicrits on any target who has recently experienced the joy of a crisp blast of air. In short, give the pyro the fucking reserve Shooter

Also if someone has a spare black box I wouldn't mind doing a 1:1 trade with anything on my first page. I want to craft the lazer rocket, and my obsessive compulsive video game nature won't let me craft it even though I will never use it.
You can have my mangler for free if you're still after one - I have no use for it

Quick PSA to any and all newer players. Please do not fucking paint your Gibus. It looks astoundingly ugly. It's just depressing seeing so many Gibus's painted bright yellow. THAT DOES NOT COUNT AS A LEGITIMATE HAT, GUYS. Thank you for your time.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
not that I did or anything...

I actually have a pale pink paint can but have yet to use it and I tried trading it with little luck. In terms of paint colours the only ones I see as useful are the team spirit ones (except for cream spirit), because they blend better with the character.

So finally trying to use the soldier laser rocket has been decent. I still feel that it's OP although the slower reload is certainly noticeable. If they reduced the shots back to four and had the standard reload speed I doubt anyone could possible complain.

I've been thinking through some ideas for weapons that can expand playstyles. The advanced weaponiser mod for things that could work. I feel that the engi could use a wrench that focuses on more power building power at the cost of higher metal costs to place, upgrade, and heal. The spy knife in the AW mod that allows for a cloak on a backstab could be very fun to use when a spy only needs to take out one target in a group.

Personally I went with that "Waterlogged Labcoat" paint for my V. Vintage Tyrolean. I'd tried to use the White paint to make it match the Medic's colors, and what do you know, a couple weeks later they release the "This matches the Medic's colors" paint. Still makes him look like a boss though.

But yeah, I rarely ever use the Gibus or the Towering Pillar anymore. I don't know what it is, but a Class-free hat just doesn't have the shine that a class specific hat does.

I've actually got all the hats I want for each character, save the fact I seriously want to get a Pocket Medic for the heavy and give it the Title and Description
"My Little Friend: Say hello to him."

Lately I've been playing just the Saxton Hale mod. For some reason I am downright addicted to that mode. While I tend to use the Soldier with the Laser set there, I don't actually see how unbalanced it is because A: I'm a terrible shot, B:Hale and co. have far more health than the rocket would kill at, and C: I have this penchant for trying to shoot him with the fully charged shot while using Directors Vision. (Tri-Beam-HA!)

I'm starting to time my airblast better and I was able to kill 4 guys deflecting 3 rockets in a row, but I'm still bad at it =_=, and THANK YOU SO MUCH for creating the Direct Hit Valve!, 80% more speed?, how the fuck I'm supposed to bounce that?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lately I've been playing just the Saxton Hale mod. For some reason I am downright addicted to that mode. While I tend to use the Soldier with the Laser set there, I don't actually see how unbalanced it is
Huh? Perhaps it's because I haven't played in that mod for a while but I'm surprised that set doesn't go back to default like some of the weapons do on that mod.

In terms of just the Hale mod alone

1. The soldier has been known to just rocket jump onto an unreachable part of a map (or just very difficult it depends on how good the map is)

2. From there the soldier can taunt (which gives you limited crits in this mode) rocket until he runs out of ammo and would be forced to jump down.

With respect to just Hale mode the laser set is probably worse. Then again I stopped playing once the servers became a dumb stall fest with Hale purposely dicking around, and mic assault if the Hale capped the point over trying to build up his stun against the last scout.

Yeah the players in that mode are pretty selfish. Spies, camping soldiers, wrangler engis all trying to be the last one up to kill him. Uber's a lot more powerful.

I remember this one time.

I reflected a point black direct hit

it was amazing
You racist pig.

As for minigames, I like dodgeball (tfdb_) and prop hunt (ph_) a lot more than saxton hale modes, as nothing is more fun than escaping a herd of flaming pyros as a control point or airblasting a crit rocket right back into someone's face

I <3 Saxton Hale, so much fun. I absolutely suck and tend to do around 750 DMG a go, but it's fun. I hate playing as him, though.

Note to self: Try dodgeball, get good at Pyro airblast. PROFIT!

Quick PSA to any and all newer players. Please do not fucking paint your Gibus. It looks astoundingly ugly. It's just depressing seeing so many Gibus's painted bright yellow. THAT DOES NOT COUNT AS A LEGITIMATE HAT, GUYS. Thank you for your time.
My clan requires the gibus to be orange lololololol

We'll be playing tomorrow. I might not make it back in time for 4pm EST, but that's the time we will be aiming for. Starting at 5pm EST at the latest.
MrE will have no excuses now.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't see any Team Fortressing going on, I'm about to say fuck it and go LoL instead. :chaos:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)