Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

- Natascha

Gay, but weak.
- The Sandman
I hate being hit by this, but I love using it. Airshotting a demo for fair stun as he flies into you is the best thing ever. So is stunning a Heavy ready to ninja your combo.
- The Wrangler
Totally retarded. No reason not to bring it with to your nest. Takes a 6-sticky det to destroy pretty much, and wrangling rockets lets you edge edgers. Honestly, giving the Engineer the Rocket Launcher would be more balanced.
- Crit-a-Cola
For suicide picks. At least Valve gave it to the class that's made for suicide picks.
- Mad Milk
As a Scout main I admit it's stupid. Even in the TF2 Beta I stick with it.
- The Battalion's Backup
Gay, and legal in CEVO + TWL. We'll definitely have fun with that on Viaduct for week 2, since most other comp players don't really know what it does.
- The Fists of Steel
God damnit. Worse for Snipers than Bonk! Scouts lol. Counters sniping, stops ubers, stops caps, stops cap reverts, extends overtime..... and makes you reload.

EDIT: My Scout buddy :3

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's talk the beta!

No-crit get 25% damage instead: Not sure how I feel about this one yet because I never have used any of these weapons. But if valve come give them some other downside and spread them around I see no reason why removing the no-crit wouldn't be wonderful. (I play of no-crit servers anyways, we could use some actual downsides).

Vita-saw can see enemy health: This is cool for the medic, but I think the bonesaw deserves this. Than the OP saw's can have "-can't see enemy health" as a downside. A subtle buff.

Quick-fix: Too good, honestly this thing is amazing, essentially you HAVE to kill the medic or backstab the heavy because you cannot kill them unless your entire team gangs up on him. This could be a new standard for comp play.

Dalokohs: The removed cool-down is nice, but I'd still like to see a "sugar rush" ability to move faster when the Heavy is over-healed.

Fists of Steel: Could be balanced now, the extra item switching and range nerf should prove to be helpful.

Equalizer: The weapon that really only deserves no crit. Stopping the medic call is a godsend.

Mad Milk: Still incredibly useful, and a move in the right direction.

Backburner: Someone has to stop nerfing pyro damage seriously! But airblast is a saving grace, I really only used it when I had no choice, so the option still existing should be great. BB could actually be viable now.

Detonator: Make it easier to jump somehow, and make it consistent, that is all.

Sydney Sleeper: Still a dumb weapon anyway.

No random crit changes: More crits? Fantastic. Ullapool Caber sucks now, the others are meh, and it adds even more luck. Doesn't help that every single beta server is 32-man 2fort.

Vita-Saw: Eh.

Quick-Fix: It's usable, but it's an ass-wiping weapon. Using the normal Medigun actually gets results when you Ubercharge.

Dalokohs: Fun for constantly eating.

Fists of Steel: The weapon switch speed is stupid. Give it no resistance against headshots.

Equalizer: Now less annoying.

Mad Milk: Haven't gotten it. Seems less borked, but still easymode Scoot.

Backburner: asdf I hate this thing. Remove the damage buff and it's balanced.

Detonator: Too laggy to use properly. Seems potentially useful.

Sydney Sleeper: Even more of a creep-and-snipe weapon. Hooray!

Coulda sworn I posted already lol. Anyway The Detonator is gonna be the biggest thing to come out of the beta. They just need self-damage reduction and client-side jumping. Maybe it'll finally fix the Pyro in 6v6.

Coulda sworn I posted already lol. Anyway The Detonator is gonna be the biggest thing to come out of the beta. They just need self-damage reduction and client-side jumping. Maybe it'll finally fix the Pyro in 6v6.
I don't think the detonator itself warrants more pyro use in comp, I'd much rather have the mobility/damage of the other classes over the gimmick airblasts or occasional kill from pyros popping out of shithouse in blands.

The pyro will quickly fall into the niche that the heavy occupied, where it's so gay that only teams that have their backs against the walls or will do anything to win will use it.

Gravelpit C sez hai. :v

The Pyro's never going to have a real niche in 6v6. Might as well make it useful for pubs, highlanders and the rare utility the airblast gives it.

I don't think the detonator itself warrants more pyro use in comp, I'd much rather have the mobility/damage of the other classes over the gimmick airblasts or occasional kill from pyros popping out of shithouse in blands.

Pyro rollout is way faster in the beta, so Backburning at mid is easier. Airblasts make it easier, too.

IMO Detonator isn't as well-tailored for pubs where you take more Sticky and Sentry Rocket damage. Same deal with the Gas Jockey set.

Lakeside is pretty fun lol. Played Frontier before, thought it was a little too crazy. Definitely a big Demoman map.

Anyone get any of those RIFT items? IMO waaaaay too much to craft lol... I'd never really ever use the weapons seriously anyway.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah RIFT items are just too crazy to be worth crafting. If they drop, yay, but otherwise not worth it. This is someone who is obsessed from collecting TF2 weapons, they just aren't worth it.

I could see the worth in medieval mode, volcanic shard and axtinguisher pyro. But why bother when you could have two rakes and just clean up by yourself?

i have the metal to craft it but man, i don't like the direction that the saxton hale shop is taking tf2. i mean there are already so many items you have to pay real life money for, and you can't obtain them by any other means...

sounds like basic whinging but yeah i played tf2 because of the free updates and good customer service by valve, but now i'm not so sure

yeah, not trying to sound like a whiny old man or something, but i think i preferred tf2 before trading. new weapons and hats were fine when they were more unique, but sometimes i find myself sat in trade servers and im just like what the fuck am i even doing trading hats, theyre completely meaningless.

i uninstalled tf2 last week, this was one of a couple reasons :>

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I haven't played TF2 more than a couple times since trading was even implemented. Shit just confuses me now and stuff. :(

One thing I like about TF2 after trading is...

Caber + SJer. RIFT items are still stupid though : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)