Team help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I am pretty new to competitive pokemon battling and I created a team that does ok but I feel like it can be so much better. I want to post it and hopefully get some feedback on how it can be improved.

Pokemon: Espeon
Item: Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
Moves: Reflect, light screen, psychic, baton pass
EV's: 252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid

Espeon is used as a possible starter to reflect spike set ups while setting up screens. It is also a pretty fast psychic user which is a plus. I have baton pass as an escape from pursuit users just in case I run into one.

Pokemon: Infernape
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Overheat, U-Turn, Mach Punch, Close Combat
EV's: 252 Atk, 4SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty

Infernape is used for type diversity. I have him as a counter for popular stall pokemon like ferrothorn and chansey. I also use him as a scout sometimes using U-turn.

Pokemon: Scizor
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Moves: U-Turn, Bullet Punch, Pursuit, Superpower
EV's: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SpD
Nature: Adamant

My main purpose for scizor is to outspeed pokemon like landorus. I have absolutely no idea how to counter them effectively so having a steel type with priority was my first thought. The choice band is for obvious purposes but I hate getting locked into moves

Pokemon: Latios
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Moves: psyshock, draco meteor, surf, thunder
EV's: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid

Latios is my #1 sweeper. He is very fast and has some good moves but most of my moves don't kill unless they are supereffective even with the life orb. I have thunder as a rain team counter but this doesn't work as often as I'd like.

Pokemon: Garchomp
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Moves: Stealth Rock, Outrage, Earthquake, Swords Dance
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly

Garchomp is used as a physical dragon sweep as well as setting up rocks. He has focus sash so that he can take a hit from a rival dragon and possibly kill with outrage. He is mainly on the team as a dragon-killer.

Pokemon: Rotom-W
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Moves: volt switch, Hydro pump, Will-o-wisp, Pain split
EV's: 232 HP, 56 SpA, 220 Spe
Nature: Modest

Rotom is on the team because of his typing. He is immune to ground attacks and can scout with his volt switch. He also is a rain counter.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi
Rule 3 said:
Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it. The standard description length required is three to four lines, if you need more insight look on the detail part, check out the RMT Archive.
Your thread is breaking that rule. You need at the very least three lines of description per Pokemon. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)