Team ''Hyperking''

Team Hyperking

Intro:

Welcome. Let me presentate team Hyperking. A team based around the sweeping capabilities of Mamoswine and the walling capabilities of Slowking. The name stands for hyper offense in the form of Mamoswine, and King refers to Slowking. Thanks for the comment or rate.

~Marcel

Team Building Proces

So I'm going to build a team based around Mamoswine. As good as its type offensive is, so bad is it defensive. First I needed a Pokémon which could support Mamoswine with either Sand or Ice.

Tyranitar directly got my attention. In the lead spot, it can set up sand in the first turn of the match. It's able to set up Steal Rocks -which is very important- as well. It has something to stop early game entry hazards and statupping (hi ninjask and skarmory, im looking at you two) in the form of Taunt. So TTar it is.

Hmm. Those two share a lot of common weakness. Water, fighting. They both are physically based, so I needed a wall that can take water and fighting attacks, with a decent special attack. Some Pokémon passed the revu, but I encountered a lot of Machamp leads which always haxed my bulky water to death. So I came with an idea that works suprisingly well. Its Slowking! It has an ability which prevents confusion, and being slower then Machamp, it cant get hurt badly by Payback. Slowking, join the crew.

Hmm. Im staring to an gaping grass weakness. Otherwise from that, most things are covered pretty well. Tough, some kind of statustakers would be aprreciated. Since my crew is so slow, with Jolly TTar as the fastest Pokémon, they would definetly enjoy some para-support as well. I think I know what I need..

I need an Celebi! It takes grass-attacks. Spread status with Thunderwave. Give me an double-resistance to fighting and water attacks and with Natural Cure, I dont have to fear status that much. It helps me with Breloom as well, which could easily beat TTar, Mamo and Slowking when it comes in on TTar on Slowking. Celebi walls that to an extent.

However, this has some gaping weaknesses as well. Having no steel really asks for trouble. Scizor, with Bullet Punch, or even worse: the Swords Dance-set can easily set up on Celebi and Slowking, and OHKO TTar and Mamo with Bullet Punch, while Celebi and Slowking fall to a singly U-turn.

Lucario can set up on Slowking, Jirachi and TTar as well, and outspeeds Mamoswine. Lucario definetly can break through my team. Conclusion: I need something that can counter Scizor, Lucario and take Outrages. Well, the Pokémon I choose doesnt counter them, but works really well toghether with the Pokémon I already have in my team.

Heatran does a good job. Scizor and Lucario won't use an fighting attack on Celebi or Slowking, since that means they get paralyzed or take a huge blow from Slowkings' Surf. They have to U-turn or set up a Swords Dance to have enough power to put a dent in them. Thats where choice scarf Heatran can come in. It has a 4 time resistance to bug. A resistance to dark. It outspeeds and one shots Lucario and Scizor with Fire Blast, or at least put a big dent in anything that has the guts to come in. Dragon Pulse on Heatran prevens incoming dragons to ruin my fun, or pick off dragons who are locked into Outrage.

After that, a lot of threats are covered. Tough, there are still some threats left: Tyranitar can be a pain, since it can OHKO every of my Pokémon. Pokémon who spam Toxic can be annoying as well, since only my Heatran resists it.

I need something that can really pose a threat to every team. Something with recovery and stat-up move's which helps me versus stall-teams. Something that can pick of Dragon Dance TTAr and Salamence. A Pokémon that has a resistance to toxic..

Now with more Scizor. Scizor takes toxics and can come in on Tyranitar's Crunch. It poses a threat and with the right EV's, it can take down entire stall-teams after the Rotom/Gyrados is down. Scizors typing fits well in this team. It doesnt mind Toxic as well, which could be a pain with 4 Pokémon vulnerable to it.

Now I got the 6 Pokémon together, I have to find out the best move-sets and ev-spreads. Throwing 6 Pokémon together doesn't make them a team. The move-sets and ev-spreads from every single Pokémon has to be in harmony with the other teammates. Let's take a closer look to every individual and see how it helps the team and especially, how it helps Mamoswine.

At a glance:

Closer look
The lead

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
*** Thusk
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

• Taunt
  • Stealth Rock
  • Counter
  • Crunch
TauntTar works like a pro. The sand helps to break sashes and profts 3 of my other Pokémon. Negates lefties from the likes of Blissey, Celebi, etc.
It sets up the sand for Mamo and prevents my opponent setting up too much entry hazard. Mamoswine does not like them. Totally shuts down Skarmory and Rotom: Mamoswine's number 1 counters.
Taunt helps to break stall. Prevents setting up entry hazards etc. Stealth Rock is very powerfull since it cripples Pokémon like Salamence and Gyarados which always are a great offensive threat. Stealh Rock reduces the amount of switches, which makes life easier.
Counter works really, realy well with Taunt. Pokémon like Swampert, Hippowdon and Bronzong always fall for it. First Taunt when they attempt to set up rocks, then Counter on the obvious Earthquake. They will always attack since they don't fear TTar at all.
The EVs and nature are kinda random. Jolly/max speed since I like to outspeed as much as possible. HP to survive Gengars' Focus Blast and random Surfs from Starmie and co. It works kinda akward combined with COunter, but most Pokémon can be finished with Crunch after TTar countered an Earthquake or something compared to that.
Item Lefties, since Focus Sash only can be vital versus Infernape, but nowadays most Ape's do Fake Out on the first turn, so the effect of Sash is negated anyways. Lefties turns soms 2HKO's into 3HKO's, most notably: Swamperts' Earthquake.
Let me tell you how it deals with the most common leads;

• Azelf
    - Crunch, the sandstorm takes it down after the sash.
  • Swampert
    - Taunt on turn 1 while they use Stealth Rock, Counter for the kill or if
  • not, finish with Crunch. If they EQ on turn one, set up rocks on turn 2 and switch to Celebi.
  • Metagross
    - Always a pain. Usually Taunt. If they EQ on turn 1, switch to Heatran to blast it to death.
  • Aerodactyl
    - Crunch 2HKO's, while they use Taunt on turn 1 for 99% of the times.
  • Jirachi
    - Immediatly switch to counter#1: Heatran
  • Infernape
    - Immediatly switch to counter#1: Slowking
  • Roserade
    - Problematic. I stay in with TTar and go for Taunts, and hopefully Sleep Powder misses. If it hits my TTar with Sleep Powder, I usually go to Heatran to Fire Blast it.
  • Tyranitar
    - This thing is a fucking pain, luckily enough I do not see this often in the lead spot. I usually Taunt with TTar, after that I switch to Scizor of Mamoswine, which works most of the time.
  • Ninjask
    - Taunt it
  • Heatran
    - Taunt it, switch to Slowking and switch back to TTar to dodge the Explosion.
  • Gliscor
    - Well this is funny. They always Taunt me on turn 1, thats what Gliscor does. They set up rocks on turn 2, and then I opt for Counter. They EQ on turn 3 and I counter it back for the OHKO.
  • Machamp
    - Slowking walls this to an extent.
  • Hippowdon
    - Taunt it with TTar, then Counter or set up rock.
  • Bronzong
    - Taunt will completely shut this down
  • Crobat
    - They taunt on turn 1 as I try to set up rock. They U-turn on turn 2, as I counter the U-turn for respectable damage on ''something''.

The sweepers

Mamoswine @ Life Orb *** Cuddles
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

• Stone Edge
  • Ice Shard
  • Earthquake
  • Superpower
''Whait Marcel, why the fuck do you run Adamant?! You know it can outspeed Adamant Lucario when you run an Jolly nature, right?''
Yes, I fucking know, it could... But aside from some max Speed Heatran, the extra speed didn't help me a single time. Ice Shard from Jolly Mamo doesnt nail the kill on Breloom. So far, any Lucario I encountered runs Jolly, and the ones who run Adamant shit in their pants when they face Mamo and run away. The extra power from Adamant, which no-one expects, did win me a lot of games! Adamant turns so much 2hko's into ohko's, you gotta try this.
The move-set is pretty self-explaining. Ice Shard works great combined with an Adamant nature. Stone Edge KO's most Gyarados' after Stealth Rock damage and is my best shot vs Rotom. Earthquake coming from Mamoswine is the strongest Earthquake in the game, which hits like a truck. Superpower is just.. a filler I guess. Helps me vs some levitating Steel-types, and OHKO's Blissey, which is usefull in some situations.
Life Orb gives me the power I need. Mamo is the best Life Orb user in the game as well, since it doenst take residual damage from Hail or Sandstorm.
Having an electric resist is quit usefull.

Scizor @ Life Orb *** Stryke
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/48 Spd/212 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

• Superpower
  • Swords Dance
  • Roost
  • Bullet Punch
As in many teams, this is the glue for my teams. Great priority, overal bulk, nice typing, great Pokemon!
Scizor uses a lot of Mamoswine counters as set-up fodder.
Superpower and Bullet Punch provide good coverage. Roost and Swords Dance help me to set up versus pretty much every wall, especially bulky Waters like Swampert and Vaporeon.
The EVs and nature are ''the best in town''. The speed EVs let me outspeed a lot of Pokémon, including 84 speed Magnezone (which is pretty common, or at least worth investing the ev's) and Skarmory. The rest dumped into HP and Sp. Def to have the bulk it needs to set-up on a lot of Pokémon.
Life Orb vs. Lefties always gave me headeache, since I got the feeling that I need Lefties when I use Life Orb, and Life Orb when I use Lefties. So.. I stay with Life Orb these days. Maybe someone can advise me about this?

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
*** Diablo
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP/228 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

• Explosion
  • Fire Blast
  • Earth Power
  • Dragon Pulse
Heatran.. when I first saw you, I was like:''muwahah wtf 4x ground weakness and a weakness to Water, slow as fuck and looking ugly.''
I could not think that this became the Pokémon which would have a place in every team of me. It works. Nice overal bulk. Nice typing for this Steel-centered metagame. Nice move-pool. It actually sweeps very often. Enough said.
Heatran takes those nasty Will-o-Wisps who are aimed on Mamoswine.
Explosion if for Blissey, bulky waters and stuff I don't want to deal with. Fire Blast hits like a fucking truck. It's so powerfull it 2HKOs most Gyarados and Salamence after Stealth Rock and Sandstorm Damage! Earth Power doesnt have much use. It's supposed to kill Heatran, but most Heatran switch anyways. And.. Earth Power is a horrible attack in general since it gives too much Pokémon the possibility to set up, namely Salamence, Gyarados, Gengar (fuck you SubGar).
The EV's are effective. Enough speed to outspeed 405 (with the scarf), which is a ''magic'' speednumber. Max Sp. Att. for an high damage-output. Rest dumped into HP to help it's already good natural bulk.

The walls

Slowking @ Leftovers
*** Brainwash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

• Slack Off
  • Surf
  • Hidden Power Electric
  • Calm Mind
Slowking is very underestimated. I always loved Slowking, but it never fits in any of my teams. Originally I had Flygon in this spot, but Machamp gave me huge problems. Thats where Slowking, the best Machamp counts kicks in. Beeing this slow, Payback hits for a mere 25% damage! And Own Tempo prevents confusion! Yes, I fucking love walling Machamps with this.
Can take on all faster Fire-move users like ScarfTran and Infernape, who can stop Mamoswine cold.
Surf and Ice Beam are for obvious reasons. Grass Knot suprised some Starmie's and Swampert, and prevents being walled by bulky waters. Tough.. staying in vs. Suicune and try to kill it causes troubles, since Grass Knot does a mere 32% to it. Maybe someone has an alternative for Grass Knot? Slack Off is a great move, I like direct recovery (who doesn't). I decided to change Grass Knot/Ice Beam to Calm Mind/HP Electric.
The EV's and nature are a bit suprising. With this, Slowking has the perfect balance between Defense and Sp. Defense. Maybe someone has a better spread?
Lefties for recovery.

Celebi @ Leftovers
*** Pryze
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/218 Def/40 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

• Thunder Wave
  • Recover
  • Perish Song
  • Grass Knot
Celebi is such a usefull supporting Pokémon. It's my direct switch to Blissey, and spreading Paralysis always helps me. The main goal of Celebi is luring in Heatran, Paralyse it. When the Heatran is Paralysed, Scizor has less trouble to sweep! Yes, this definetly works.
Cripples rest/talk Rotom with Leech Seed and Thunder Wave. Beats and cripples most Mamoswine counters, namely bulky waters.
Thunder Wave as mentioned before is to slow down the opponent. Recover gives me back half of my health in one turn, which helps me to outstall most Gyaradoss and bulky water, combined with Thunder Wave. Leech Seed supports, great move since Blissey dislikes it. Grass Knot is the 120 power STAB move, helps to beat the above mentioned bulky waters. I decided to change Leech Seed for Perish song, since it helps me countering Breloom and bulky stat-upping threats.
I never doubt about the EV's, since I used them with succes since 2007. They must be good.

Overview

Defensive Threats

Blissey
- Celebi takes them all day long. Mamoswine likes to come in on Thunder Waves and Protects. Scizor makes it set-up fodder.
Bronzong
- Heatran, Celebi, Slowking, Scizor and even TTar can shut down the most with Taunt
Celebi
- Celebi cripples it. Heatran and Scizor can come in after Celebi paralyzed it.
Cresselia
- TTar completely shuts it down. Celebi can wear it down with Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. Scizor makes it set-up fodder.
Donphan
- Celebi and Scizor uses it to set up.
Dusknoir
- Erm, it isnt powerfull enough to pose a threat.
Forretress
- TTar completely shuts it down. Scizor sets up. Heatran counters most. Celebi counters most. Mamo can 2HKO most.
Gliscor
- Mamoswine beats it. Scizor set-up on the Gliscor's without Taunt.
Gyarados
- Celebi
Hippowdon
- Celebi. Scizor uses it as set-up fodder.
Jirachi
- Heatran. Mamo beats the bulky and most CM' ones.
Rotom-A
- Can be problematic since it walls Celebi, Scizor and Mamswine. Tough, on paper.. It doesn't give me much problems in battles as TTar and Heatran can deal most.
Skarmory
- Heatran. TTar shuts it down completely.
Snorlax
- Uwhm. Scizor and Mamoswine deal a ton of damage with their strong Life Orb boosted Fighting attacks.
Suicune
- Celebi. Scizor beats most Suicunes.
Swampert
- Another Scizor set-up fodder. Celebi is the #1 counter. Slowking beats it as well.
Tentacruel
- This lady's and gentlemen, with Vaporeon, is the best set-up fodder for Scizor. Mamoswine survives an Surf as well and Earthquake always OHKO's it.
Tyranitar
- It dies from: Mamoswine, Celebi's Grass Knot, Scizor. Scizor can revenge it as well.
Vaporeon
- Scizor sets up easily on it. It can't touch Celebi neither.
Zapdos
- Tyranitar is my best answer, but the combo of Mamoswine and Heatran beats it mostly.

Offensive Threats

Azelf
- TTar crunches, Scizor Bullet Punches. Heatran resists most of its attack and fire of an scarfed Fire Blast.
Breloom
- Celebi can;t touch it, but Breloom cant touch Celebi neither. Doesnt have much time to set up anyways.
Dragonite
- Can cause trouble when predicted properly. Heatran can come in on anything except Earthquake and kill it with Dragon Pulse after it took Stealth Rock damage.
Dugtrio
- Celebi, Scizor, Slowking
Electivire
- I have to be carefull, because after the Motor Drive boost, it can take down my entire team. Tough, didnt gave me much trouble so far..
Gallade
- Celebi, Slowking
Gengar
- Do not give this thing a chance to set up a sup! Scizor beats the ones who don't pack HP Fire.
Gyarados
- Celebi
Heatran
- Slowking
Heracross
- Heatran has to come in on a resisted attack, which can be lured with Celebi. Could be problematic.
Infernape
- Slowking!
Jolteon
- Mamoswine beats the most. Heatran comes in on Signal Beam, HP Grass, Shadow Ball etc.
Kingdra
- I usually just hit it hard as I can with whatever is out. I think Mamo outspeed the most and OHKO with EQ. Celebi walls the most.
Lucario
- Heatran revengekills it if they manage to set up.
Machamp
- Slowking
Magnezone
- Mamoswine/Heatran beats it most of the times. Celebi can cripple it and actually beat it with Grass Knot/Leech seed!
Mamoswine
- Celebi does a good job.
Metagross
- Scizor sets up on the most. Celebi can cripple most versions.
Porygon-Z
- Heatran and TTar, and even Scizor can handle this.

Raindance
- TTar can change the weather. Slowking and Celebi are, with their bulk and resistance to water, very good Rain Dance team counters.
Salamence
- Scarf Heatran comes in on obvious Fire / Dragon moves which are aimid on Scizor, Mamo and Celebi. Slowking can take some hits from mixed ones as well. If it Draco Meteors followd by an Outrage, it gets a kill on pretty much every Poké, but then it will die to an Dragon Pulse from Heatran or an Ice Shard from Mamo.
Scizor
- Can fuck me over, but Heatran prevents that it sweeps my team.
Starmie
- Tyranitar can this. Scizor sets up, Celebi takes it down as wel.

Sunny Day
- Heatran, Tyranitar and Slowking all are very good counters to Sunny Day abusers. They resist fire attacks and TTar can control the weather.
Togekiss
- Mamoswine can beat this.
Tyranitar
- It dies from: Mamoswine, Celebi's Grass Knot, Scizor. Scizor can revenge it as well.
Weavile
- Scizor and Heatran (watch out for Low Kick)
Yanmega
- Scizor or Heatran walls it, depending if it has HP Ground or Fire.
Zapdos
- Tyranitar is my best answer, but the combo of Mamoswine and Heatran beats it mostly.​

Typechart

Oh and sorry for double posting, but maybe put thunder wave up on slowling instead of ice beam or grass knot. Then again taunt gyrados will wreck it, but it's an option.

Unfortunately, Crocune and other bulky boosters are going to wreck this team, toss Perish Song over Leech Seed/Recover on Celebi.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Hm, I'm getting the feeling that you would like a sweeping Slowking more. Why? You are still able to check Mixape, and after a few boosts it can become very powerful and annoying to take down.

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Slack Off

Your current set doesn't really do much other than take hits from Mixape, so why not keep that trait and sweep?

P.S. Suicune is better, but it's ultimately your decision. :P

Def. gonna try that set. And Suicune.. hmm. Suicune doesnt wall Machamp that well.

Unfortunately, Crocune and other bulky boosters are going to wreck this team, toss Perish Song over Leech Seed/Recover on Celebi.
Well, Suicune has the potential yes. Celebi stops the most, and Scizor can set up when they rest/sleep talk.
I change Slowking tot the Calm Minder with HP Electric. That, combined with Slowkings already skyhigh Sp. Def. def should beat bulky water statuppers.
Perish Song over Leech Seed on Celebi sounds good as well. Leech Seed isn't that usefull at all. Definetly gonna try that.

Thx for the point. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)