Team Inexpugnabilis

Inexpugnabilis

As some of you might know, I recently made it to the semifinals of the DPP OU Tournament hosted by ENZO and Steven_Snype. While all of the teams I used in that tournament were effective, this one in particular. As with most stall teams, it tries to cover as many threats as possible. I think this team does that fairly effectively, with very few threats that put me in a corner, and I have yet to encounter a Pokemon that can sweep my team clean. It also uses some uncommon Pokemon on stall, such as Roserade and Hitmontop.

---

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Stealth Rock is obviously necessary for any stall team to function. It's the most effective entry hazard available, hitting every Pokemon for at least 3.125% damage on the switch in, and hitting some of the most threatening Pokemon for a good 25% damage, and makes players avoid going to a Rock-weak Pokemon early in the game, which means that MixDragonite becomes much easier to deal with, as in the lategame it's not all that threatening anymore, as one Draco Meteor makes it easy to deal with. Heatran also usually manages to get up Stealth Rock against quite a lot of common leads, but unfortunately any Earthquake will force him out. However, Aerodactyl is easily dealt with by Hitmontop, bringing him down to 1 HP with Stone Edge, and finishing him off with Rapid Spin, also removing Stealth Rock. Against a Swampert, I can switch to Roserade, force him out and set up Spikes, or switch to Gyarados and then back to Heatran while they switch to a Grass- or Electric-type and set up Stealth Rock. Hippowdon is dealt with the same way, switching to Gyarados and then back to Heatran. Against Metagross, I switch to Gyarados, and then to Rotom in case of Explosion.

Later in the game, Heatran is an effective counter to most special attackers. SubRoost Zapdos and Life Orb Jolteon are easily counter by Heatran. While Blissey will fall to Zapdos with two layer of Toxic Spikes up, or when it simply has Toxic in its moveset, Heatran is immune to Toxic and takes 26.4% from a SubRoost Zapdos's Thunderbolt. He can simply Lava Plume to break its Substitute, and it will eventually burn when Zapdos has to Roost. I can also choose to Roar Zapdos out, which is great when the opponent switches. Heatran also is a great counter to Calm Mind Jirachi, who can otherwise be a great annoyance to stall teams. Jirachi won't be able to break Heatran with anything other than Superachi's Hidden Power Ground, which doesn't even KO. That way, I can scout for the Jirachi's set, and deal with it accordingly. SubCM sets are Roared out, while WishCM sets will be eventually burned by Lava Plume.

As for the moveset, Lava Plume is my main STAB move, having the benefit of accuracy, PP, and more importantly, a 30% burn chance. Earth Power provides coverage, and works great when predicting an Infernape or something like that switching in. Roar phazes out sweepers who could be troublesome, and racks up entry hazards damage. I've been considering Protect over both Earth Power and Roar lately, as it allows me to scout what Scarf Flygonand other Choice users will do and act accordingly, while also providing me with more Leftovers recovery.

---

Roserade @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Knot
- Rest

Roserade provides the ever-important Spikes, hitting grounded opponents for good damage every time they switch in. He also completes my defensive Fire / Water / Grass core, and takes care of most offensive Water-types. He actually gets quite some opportunities to set up. He also beats Starmie one-on-one, meaning that I can send out Roserade against Starmie to set up Spikes, and reserve my hazards, forcing him to use Rapid Spin, while I OHKO with Grass Knot. Life Orb Ice Beam doesn't even 2HKO Roserade, meaning that even if he decides to Ice Beam twice, I can set up a layer of Spikes and Grass Knot for the KO, Resting off the damage later while I killed his spinner.

Roserade is also my main counter to offensive Grass-types. While Blissey deals with them well, Substitute variants pose a problem for Blissey, being unable to break 101 HP Substitutes, and Blissey doesn't enjoy Leech Seed either. Roserade has great special bulk as well, 4x resists Grass-type attacks, and can usually KO them with Sludge Bomb because they'll rarely be at full health. Even a combination of LO Seed Flare and a Hidden Power Fire after a special defense drop from Shaymin won't KO, while I KO back with Sludge Bomb.

The moveset and EVs of Roserade have changed a lot. First, I used Toxic Spikes over Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm over Grass Knot. However, I noticed that Roserade rarely got the chance to set up both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and if I had to choose I almost always went with Spikes. Therefore, I decided to drop Toxic Spikes for Sludge Bomb, which allows me to hit Grass-types hard, KOing them after Life Orb recoil or entry hazard damage. I also dropped Leaf Storm for Grass Knot because I didn't want to lower the power of Sludge Bomb when using Leaf Storm, nor did I want Roserade to become setup fodder. I'm considering Hidden Power Fire over Sludge Bomb to hit Forretress hard, but Sludge Bomb has been working very well for me and not being able to OHKO Grass-types like Shaymin and Celebi sucks. I started out with an EV spread of 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Def to outspeed 36 Speed Celebi, Zapdos, and Jirachi, as well as 252 Speed Jolly Tyranitar. However, the extra bulk I have with this spread allows me to beat the likes of Starmie and Shaymin much more reliably, which is why I changed it.

---

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Blissey on a stall team is no surprise, it can take on a lot of special threats and provides my team with Wish support, which especially helps my Hitmontop and Rotom-W if I want to keep the advantage against opposing stall. I chose a Wish Blissey over a Cleric Blissey because of multiple reasons. First of all, Wish is in my opinion one of the best moves on defensive teams. You can Wish while they switch to their Blissey counter, switch to the counter to the Pokemon they send out, and lose no health at all, while they take entry hazard and Life Orb damage. Second, using Wish Blissey lets me use Stone Edge on Hitmontop instead of Rest. That way, I can use Stone Edge when I expect a Gengar switching in for the 2HKO, eliminating one of the largest threats to my team. Finally, being able to heal Rotom-W, and to a lesser extant Heatran, is very helpful seeing as Rotom-W gets rather easily worn down and it's one of the key players on my team.

Blissey does a good job at beating most special attackers. With Toxic, Wish and Protect it can outstall pretty much of all them that aren't Steel-types, and Heatran usually takes care of them. With Blissey, Heatran, and Roserade I have pretty much every special attacker covered. Gengar is the only one that can cause it some trouble, but I can usually play around it.

I'm using Protect over Softboiled because it allows me to Toxic stall more effectively, as well as scouting for Choice users. For example, if Tyranitar comes in I can Protect to see if he uses Pursuit or Crunch, and Toxic stall or switch to Hitmontop depending on the result. Seismic Toss provides consistent damage, and I use it over Flamethrower because it allows me to actually beat Heatran. While Explosion might KO me, Protect can avoid that. Even if he KOes me, Heatran is down meaning that he won't be able to pose a problem anymore. I have been considering Flamethrower though for allowing me to hit Gengar, but I'll probably stick with Seismic Toss.

---

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Roar

Another standard on stall, checks a lot of physical attackers rather easily with Intimidate, and absorbs status with RestTalk. He deals with most, if not all, Fighting-types rather easily. He's my first switchin into Lucario, with Close Combat not 2HKOing. However, some carry Stone Edge for Gyarados, so I usually switch to Hitmontop after, bringing them down to no Attack boosts, and with the threat of Close Combat I can force them to attack so I can switch back to Gyarados to bring them down to -1. Infernape, who can normally threaten stall teams with its mixed attacking stats, is also taken care of by Gyarados. Waterfall OHKOes while standard Infernape can't 2HKO with either Stone Edge or Grass Knot.

Gyarados is also one of the best phazers there is for stall teams. Simply alternating between Rest and Sleep Talk allows me to outstall whole teams once Suicune, Rotom-A or Celebi is gone. Offensive teams usually only have Suicune to take on Gyarados, which means once I bring in Gyarados, I can Roar the first time while they switch to Suicune, forcing them to take Stealth Rock and Spikes damage, and when Infernape or Lucario is brought back in, I can Waterfall as they will predict something or switch to Suicune again. That way, they will have effectively taken around 60% damage.

The moveset and EV spread is fairly obvious. I'm using a physically defensive spread because I need it to take on physical attackers more reliably. While a more specially-inclined would be cool to help against Heatran, Blissey can usually take it out with Seismic Toss.

---

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Hitmontop is my team's Rapid Spinner, which is in my opinion an absolute necessity for stall teams. Stealth Rock really hinders Gyarados and having to take entry hazards every time I switch to a counter is very hindering in general. Hitmontop was the best option to do that for this team, as together with Gyarados he can counter virtually every physical attackers, thanks to Intimidate being such a great ability. He is also almost guaranteed to get the spin off thanks to Foresight, and with offensive teams usually sacrificing their lead to get Stealth Rock up, I can usually play my battles without having Stealth Rock up.

Within Gyarados and Hitmontop, I can cover pretty much every phyiscal attacker. Most physical attackers that give Gyarados trouble are taken care of by Hitmontop, and vice versa. Hitmontop gets a lot of opportunitites to switch in thanks to this. For example, if Blissey uses Wish, I can switch to Hitmontop, Intimidating the physical attacker, and let Wish heal off the damage. I can then Rapid Spin while they switch, or Foresight + Rapid Spin if they have a Rotom-A.

The moveset is fairly standard. I'm using Close Combat over Low Kick because Low Kick hits a lot of things not hard enough, and I usually don't mind the defense drops because they usually switch out while I use Close Combat so I switch out after that regardless. I'm using Stone Edge over Rest for good coverage and to hit Flying-types hard, but mainly to hit Gengar on the switchin. Gengar is the main threat to my team, so if I can hit him with a Stone Edge on the switch, that makes my life much easier. I can then either decide to take the Shadow Ball and proceed for the KO, or Stone Edge next time I expect Gengar to switch in. I'm using a physically defensive currently, but I've been thinking about using 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD with a Careful nature. However, it's not really all that helpful besides avoiding the 3HKO from Choice Scarf Rotom-A so I can spin easier, so I'm probably gonna stick with this spread.

---

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Choice Specs Rotom-W is not commonly seen on stall teams, but I simply love this set. While RestTalk Rotom-A is an effective spinblocker, it's nothing more than a spinblocker. This set allows me to keep pressure against bulky offense teams. I can often bring everything in 2HKO range of Thunderbolt with hazards damage, so I can send Rotom out against Skarmory or something similar to get a guaranteed KO. My opponent then has to decide what Pokemon to sacrifice.

Rotom-W also gives me an edge against opposing stall teams. He doesn't have any real counter on standard stall teams besides Blissey, but they will be wary to switch in when I can Trick them to make them useless. Together with Hitmontop, I rarely ever have trouble with opposing stall teams. If they have a Tyranitar, I can double switch to Hitmontop to get a free Rapid Spin off, and I can almost always keep the hazard advantage.

Thunderbolt is Rotom's most powerful so it's a must. Hydro Pump is the second most powerful without a Special Attack-lowering effect, which I prefer because of it's better offensive typing and ability to provide a lategame-sweep. Shadow Ball is my secondary STAB move, and hits Grass-types like Celebi and Breloom hard. Trick is obvious for crippling Blissey. I'm using a Timid nature instead of a Modest one because I prefer the Speed over the extra power, and being able to outspeed Suicune and Heatran is pretty much necessary in my opinion.

Reserved for Threat List.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Roserade (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Knot
- Rest

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Roar

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

I don't think you can take 100% credit for this, its the most common style of stall on pokemon online...

This style of stall originated with Pokemonisfun's team: Roserade/Bronzong/Rotom-W/Blissey/Gyarados/Hitmontop

There are also variants with Cresselia over Bronzong, but most common are the variants with Heatran.
- Bluestars Torment Variant:
http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?5775-TormenTeam&prefixid=ou

- And the pure stall variant:
http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/rate-my-team/190170.htm

Well, I have never seen those teams before and I made this team myself, but they do look very similar... I guess we had the same ideas. Wow...

Hmm ok, well here is your rate:

This team seems to have problems with Sub Split Gengar, some Rotoms, Dragonite, Gyarados, Metagross and SD scizor.

To solve this I recommend using Energy ball on Roserade, allowing you to break Rotoms subs and 3hko Rest talk rotom.

I think a bulky Rest talk Rotom would be better for your team giving you a solid answer to Gyarados, Metagross and Scizor.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Bold
252 Hp/252 Defence/4 Sp.def
- Thunderbolt
- Wil-O-Wisp/Shadow Ball
- Rest
- Sleep talk

If you want you can use Bronzong over Heatran, which allows you to handle Dragonites at the expense of beating things like Wish Calm mind Jirachi and Sub Split Rotom.

I also recommend Ice beam on Blissey for Gengar, Gliscor and Dragonite.

Thanks for the rate. I'll try all your changes, though I will probably miss Specs Rotom.

And I guess I should explain how I made this team. I started out with Blissey + Gyarados + Hitmontop to cover as many threats as possible, with Blissey taking on special threats and double Intimidate takes on the physical side. I added Heatran + Roserade for all entry hazards (though I dropped Toxic Spikes later) as well as covering the special threats Blissey couldn't, and completing the FWG core. I then added Rotom for spinblocking. :(

Hey Tomahawk, this is a pretty good team already! I don't have many suggestions tbh. Only problem I see is that I would use a Scarf on Rotom to outspeed things like Subsplit Gengar, DDers at +1 and opposing Rotom. It is just the moveset and ev spread like yours but only difference it the item.

Just like George told, I would go for Ice Beam on Blissey, probably using it over Toxic, to hit Ghost types for damage, which you with your current moveset cannnot do. Only problem with Ghost types is that most carry Pain Split, so you're most likely going to switch anyways. Since you lose Toxic on Bliss, maybe you can use Toxic Spikes > Spikes on Roserade. Spikes gives damage when you switch in, but Toxic Spikes helps with the stalling (which your team is based on). Only problem with Tspikes is that if a non-levitated poison type switches in (like your Roserade), it will vanish. I want to note that when I used Tspikes I could even defeat Choice Scarf TTar with my Scarfed Rotom locked into Tbolt. Tspikes also helps vs opposing things like Bliss, but unfortunately doesn't hit things like Cress etc.

That's it! Your team looks good already so not many adjustments. Maybe you didn't like my suggestions, since normally I don't rate stall teams tbh, but since you asked it (and also helped me with my teams) I at least tried it. Hope I helped you with your team!

Nasty Plot Infernape isn't as common as it once was, but it can grab a boost as it scares off Blissey and then 6-0 you with ease, since Gyarados needs to be at extremely high health to live a +2 Grass Knot. Try changing the EV spread to 248 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD with a Careful nature; now you can always live the aforementioned GK, even after SR damage. This spread also lets you counter Heatran easier. The loss of physical bulk shouldn't be too big a deal since you've got double Intimidate in conjunction with Hitmontop.

This is more of a preference thing, but I think Rotom would function alot better with a Scarf set. The loss of power isn't that big a deal with hazard support, and the speed is really good for acting as a backup check to the metagame, so if one of your walls goes down to a crit / surprise set / etc, Rotom can come in to keep you from getting swept (for example: if Blissey dies and they reveal Agility Empoleon, you now have a way to check it; currently you'll get swept in this situation). It also helps deal with Gengar if you catch it on a double switch.

The last thing I'd change is Protect over Earth Power on Heatran. You don't need to hit other Tran, you've got Blissey and Gyarados; Protect is incredibly efficient at racking up residual damage, gaining Leftovers, and scouting the intents of choice users. Nice team, gl

Thanks for the rates guys. Scarf on Rotom seems like a solid idea, though I will probably miss the power of Specs. The EV spread on Gyarados seems like a good idea as well, I'll give it a try, just like Ice Beam. I've been using Protect lately and it has been working well, thanks!

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey,

With a team like this that doesn't rely on Toxic Spikes, but rather residual damage, you'll need what I like to call a strong "finishing" mon, usually a Scarfer or DD'er with a good speed stat, or even priority. This way, throughout the match you consistently wear the opponent's team down until you're at the finishing stages. Most people expect a Flygon, but in this case, I think Rotom-w w/Choice Scarf is a very acceptable finisher.

The order of business here is to not reveal Rotom-w, who acts as a spinblocker currently, but I feel that the element of surprise by revealing to your opponent you actually have a Rotom-w and not Flygon (the most common last mon imo) is good, in addition to the fact that spinning against your team is difficult if played right. However, Forretress and Starmie can be dealt with a lot better, and the way I feel to go about this is using HP Fire > Sludge Bomb on Roserade, so you won't be constantly switching Blissey into Gengar since you can actually hit it now. Additionally, this change means you can beat the two most common spinners in the DPP metagame, Starmia and Forretress both with Roserade, who is not threatened by any of them. On that point, a lot of the troublesome grass types you mentioned are only threats if they are offensive, so the next course of action, logically, would be adding Ice Beam > Seismic Toss on Blissey, as a lot of other raters have mentioned.

To nitpick, run 4 Def instead of 4 HP so you take less hazard damage, and running W-o-W on Heatran over Earth Power is defintely something to consider because strong physical attackers like Lucario and Dragonite can become annoying, and having that additional status to play helps in certain cases as those. While you sacrifice coverage on opposing Heatran, Gyarados and Hitmontop handle it pretty well, since not many run HP Electric, and if they do Rotom-w can come in and clean it out. The changes I'm suggesting are kinda leaning toward the Stath method, none of them are really urgent, but are things to consider to make your team run smoother.

Hey Toma, nice team and like I said before congrats on reaching semi's.

This is a really nice set up for stall, I think I've used pretty much the same team before. If you go with ScarfRotom as other people have suggested you will patch up the Infernape / LO Starmie issues. However, there are two other issues which would be a concern.

First off, Dragon types, since your only resist is Heatran and he is outsped and OHKO'd by every OU dragon. MixNite looks like a big problem if it catches Gyarados with Draco Meteor.
DDNite or CBNite look even worse though, since your only real way of getting rid of it is to flick between Gyarados and Hitmontop until you can Roar it out or Stone Edge it. Flygon could also be an issue, but since you'll normally have the hazard advantage it looks like less of a problem.

The second thing is DD +Taunt Gyarados. Its never really going to sweep you clean, since it has difficulty setting up safely without potentially letting a check come in for free, but when its partnered with LO Starmie as is fairly common it could definitely pose problems.

My main suggestion is just to use a specially defensive Skarmory over Roserade. You lose the ability to set up hazards against Electric's, but the benefits look to me to outweigh the negative. Defensively, Rose looks like the least important member since all the things it counters are covered pretty comfortably by Blissey/Heatran/Rotom. Skarmory+Heatran will also deal very comfortably with Grass types so you're not gaining any weaknesses there by replacing Roserade.

Apart from that, I'd just suggest using more balanced EV spreads on both Gyarados and Hitmontop. I personally like to run Careful nature and a small investment in SpDef on Gyarados especially, since its usually the first switch into Dragonite / Kingdra etc. Using increased special defense on Hitmontop is also very useful for when you're trying to Rapid Spin, to avoid the opponent switching in a Heatran or similar on the Foresight and threatening to OHKO.

Again, nice team, hope this helps :)

Definitely a solid team, threats are covered well. Although, basically all variants of Dragonite will cause you some problems along with some others which has been pointed out.
I would like to make some nitpicks though.

Firstly, I second bubbly's suggestion of using Skarmory over Roserade. I have some personal bias towards GSC pokes but I think Skarmory would fit better for a couple of reasons.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Skarm, although a shaky check to Dragonite at best, is a good initial switch. Between Heatran, Skarmory and Gyarados, you can have a little game of prediction against a MixNite user with the odds slightly in your favour. Heatran only falls to Superpower, Skarmory to Fire Blast and Gyarados to Draco Meteor, and each of them takes next to nothing from the other two moves. You can kind of switch around between the three, eventually get a few drops on Nite and sent it flying out, switch to Rotom/Top, etc. Of course this is not the best way to deal with Nite even for a stall team, but things would be better than with Roserade who absolutely cannot touch Nite with GK / Sludge Bomb / HP Fire and is unable to act as any kind of pivot against it. Aside from MixNite, Skarm has a fighting chance against all other Dragonite variants.

Other than Dragonite, Skarmory also helps against some threats that are more problematic, most notably Metagross and Gengar. Rotom is currently your only reliable answer to offensive Metagross (agility variants or banded ones) and the concern is that it has no recovery and is vulnerable to pursuit. You'll be a little worse off if Rotom gets smacked by zen headbutt from Metagross than if Skarmory directly switches into thunderpunch. Skarmory also stands better against SubSplit Gengar than Roserade. With brave bird on Skarmory you can have more breathing room against opposing Breloom, especially if stealth rocks are up on your side, while still maintaining scope on Shaymin.

The last reason is that Skarmory can spike against more threats than Roserade (Scizor, Snorlax, Tyranitar, Flygon, etc) and it gives you a third phazer. Losing Roserade seems to open up a weakness to electric types but the only ones that can get past Blissey are SubRoost Zapdos and SubCharge Rotom, both which are comfortably checked by Heatran (I don't really see SubCharge Rotom with Hydro Pump).

The other thing I would like to suggest is to change Rotom's set. This set is rather unconventional, but I think it would see good practical use in your team.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SAtk / 216 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Yes, Rotom-H > Rotom-W, that was not a mistake. I kind of thought about how your team would play with opposing stall teams and against the commonly used Forretress, Heatran is obviously your best answer but you'll need more if you wanted to save your hazards at any point.

Rotom-H would be better than Rotom-W for this purpose as your opponent would be less inclined to stay in with Forretress against Rotom-H, but if it does you'll just burn it with WoW. That or the Tyranitar switch-in. You have absolutely no problem if some Heatran gets a flash fire boost as usually it doesn't have explosion (or hp electric) if used in a stall team.

Rotom-W has to either lock itself into T-bolt and risk getting pursuited or double switch out if you do not switch into payback. If Rotom-W switches into payback, then Forretress beats it one-on-one if you continue to stay in (I've also seen rapid spin used against Rotom-W predicting its switch out) and it would be difficult to maintain your hazards. If it's Rotom-H taking the payback instead, things will probably play out differently since whatever the case you can double switch as no one using a Forretress really clicks rapid spin even when facing a low-health Rotom-H (unless you have revealed all moves bar trick).

You don't really need overheat as Scizor is checked by Gyara/Tran, Luke by Gyara and WoW ruins Metagross anyway. With hazards support and the likely life orb recoil, you probably would not need Hydro Pump for Infernape. HP Ice is there to help against Dragonite, so unless Rotom falls, Dragonite will never sweep this team.

Hope I helped, good luck with your team!

You better hope Infernape doesn't use Hidden Power Electric and its two stabs, or else you're 6-0'd almost right off the bat lol. But anyways this looks like a pretty decent team. It's a little weird how you're trying to stall yet you have a specs rotom and some weaker players, but I trust that you can make it work. However I'd go ahead and change your rotom to either a scarf rotom or a bulky leftovers rotom. I know that specs + spikes is probably working alright but I think that this defensive team could use some speed for gyarados, infernape, etc. and bulky rotom would be just a more reliable spin blocker (sub wisp discharge shadow ball) since it'll stay alive longer obviously and ttar won't be able to pursuit it right away. Consider brick break on hitmontop and energy ball on roserade both for the same reason: consistency. I don't think sludge bomb really helps you that much because heatran can handle the leech seed shaymins without earth power, and the offensive ones cannot get past blissey and will eventually die late game. I would just use a hidden power or stun spore, or even toxic spikes. Also, if you find recover starmie annoying, you could try a yache on roserade with energy ball ohkoing starmie (unless it doesnt have ice beam then you're ok). This aint my kind of team but it looks really cool, and props for using htop. GJ dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)