Team Infermance Gen V

I have a team here that needs rating. Here it is.

Infernape Life Orb
Ability:Blaze
EV:Atk252 Spe252 SpA4
Nature:Hasty
Moves:Close Combat
Overheat
Stone Edge
U-turn

The metagame houses many dangerous steel types because of their amazing type resistance. Scisor, Jirachi, metagross the list goes on so for an effective sweeper in this steel heavy metagame Infernape came first to mind. Its huge move pool can easily make it an ideal pokemon for me to base my team around. Overheat is to takeout those many steel types and grass types that are sometimes there to take out Jellicent. Close combat can OHKO an evoilite chansey one of the best walls in the metagame. Finally stone edge and U-turn are there to cover any unknown threats that may appear. Infernape is used usually as a late game sweeper unless it is brought out early because it is seen salamence is a better option for the late game sweep.

Salamence Life Orb
Ability:Intimidate
EV:Atk252 Spe252 Hp4
Nature:Jolly
Moves:Dragon Dance
Outrage

Roost
Earthquake

As a bulky physical sweeper salamence has great synergy with Infernape. Unfortunly sometimes I find it very hard to set up and sweep with salamence as I have come across teams that have basically all pokemon with move that can counter salamence. Salamence is great pokemon to help sweep through some of infernapes threats taking them fast and effectively. I choose Roost because this pokemon generally needs to switch in a lot to take out threats while staying alive through most of the game

Bronzong Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
EV:Hp252 Atk84 Def80 SpDef92
Nature:Sassy
Moves:Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Hidden Power
Earthquake

I needed a wall to help take those dangerous hits and help wear down some of the some threats. Bronzong was an ideal choice because of its typing and all round defense stats its the kind of pokemon that basically come out take any hit with ease. Because of this I find it to be a very effective lead. Generally bronzong comes out first to set up a quick stealth rocks and then stay in to take out the opponent or switch out to pokemon who better deal with the threat.

Jellicent Leftovers
Ability:Water Absorb
EV:Hp248 Def216 Spe44
Nature:Bold
Moves:Will-O-Wisp
Surf
Recover
Taunt

As bronzing cannot take on all the threats by itself Jellicent is there share the load with wall and taking out threats. Jellicent also loves the water types that switch to deal with infernape because of its water absorb ability. Jellicent overall bulkiness allows it to switch in immediately to dangerous leads such as darmanitan, cloister and fortress to stop there immediate attempt to sweep or laying all there traps. Taunt has saved me many time from the stopping sweepers and nullifying walls and trap users. Will-O-wisp deals with those non-gut user physical sweepers.

Chansey Eviolite
Ability:Natural Cure
EV:Hp252 Def252 Spe4
Nature: Bold
Moves:Wish
Protect
Toxic
Seismic Toss

Overall the team needed a wish user and probably some extra support for the gaps bronzong a
jellicent couldn’t fill. I first chose latias but after constantly having severe problems with dark and ghost types I decided to go with chansey because of its amazing hp and bulkiness it can easily switch in and take the hit heal any pokemon on the team such as bronzong which needs chansey because it lacks a recovery move. Chansey very easily outstall most walls and stop sweepers so its a great back up in case bronzong and jellicent are having a hard time.

Zoroark Life Orb
Ability:Illusion
EV:SpA252 Spe252 Hp4
Nature:Timid
Moves:Night Daze
Focus Blast
Grass Knot
Flamethrower

Finally I needed a revenge killer and someone to takeout pesky ghost and psychic types. I chose zoroark because of its illusion ability copying infernape it can trick threats to stay in so they fall easy prey to zoroark. Most of the moves on the move set can be learnt by infernape so if it revenge kills sometimes it can lure out one of infernapes threats and can wipe out that one out as well. The moveset is also very diverse so that it can cover 11 out of the 17 types.

When I've tested it out some ghost (gengar) and dark (tyranitar) type pokemon became problems and sometimes cloyster, machamp, thunderous, dragonite and swasbuck sweep most of my team. Any advice and pokemon or set changes would be great thanks.

most of the threats to your teamare fighting so i suggest mach punch over stone edge on infernape. sawsbuck is relatively frail and after a shell smash so is cloyster. tyranitar is 4 times weak to it

Agreeing with chaotic tyranitar, Mach punch > stone edge on Ape. Also, on Salamence, run Fire blast over Roost. One of the only things Mence has over Dragonite nowadays is a higher special attack stat. Fire blast destroys physical walls like Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory. If you want more survivability, run a Dragonite with exactly the same moveset as you have now, and maybe replace Outrage for Dragon Claw so dragonite can stay alive longer. Also change the item to leftovers / Lum Berry if you are going to switch to Dragonite.

On Jellicent, try running Cursed Body instead of Water Absorb as Chansey can take water attacks, as most of them are special. Also, the problem with Zoroark is that you have to play around with your team carefully, as once Zoroark falls into your 6th slot on your team, with entry hazards up, it will be very easy to tell if the pokemon is a Zoroark or not. I would suggest changing Zoroark to something like a Life Orb Starmie. It outspeeds Thundurus and can destroy it with hydro pump. It also outspeeds Gengar, hits t-tar hard, and can wreck Dragonite with ice beam.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin / Recover

Rapid Spin would aid salamence mainly, and stop you from getting destroyed by Toxic Spikes. Recover aids Starmie's survivability. I would use Rapid Spin for the aforementioned reasons.

The only good Infernape is Nasty Plot MixNape which wrecks Defensive cores (i.e. Jellicent (Grass Knot) + Ferrothorn (Fire Blast) and Skarmory (Fire Blast) + Blissey (Close Combat) )
So I suggest you run it over your current set

Some quick tidbits:

Mach Punch or HIDDEN POWER ICE over Stone Edge on Infernape. This will help solves either or your issues. Dragonite likes preying on Infernapes a lot, knowing it normally doesn't run HPIce anymore.

Go for the power boosting nature on Salamence. At +1, you're either going to still be outsped by faster Scarfers, or you outspeed everything that isn't Scarf.ed There's not much of a middle ground. Landorus is still going to fuck you, you know?

Also ditch the Roost, if you desperately need to come back to heal, you have the Wish option. Fire Blast is in fact superior.

On Bronzong I hope you picked Ice.

On Zoroark I like Dark Pulse better. While you might lower accuracy, you could also miss. And it's not like DP doesn't have a benefit as it can flinch.

And are you really sure you need GK? I like a mix Zoroark option such as Sucker Punch. Imagine Latios one on one against what seems like an Infernape. It could very well Surf or go ahead with the Dragon Move. Zoroark is of no use if it has to take the attack first.

I suggest this set over your current salamence, as a guy that uses salamence on most teams, I know what works and what doesn't:

name: MixMence
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Brick Break / Earthquake
move 4: Roost / Outrage
nature: Rash / Naive
item: Life Orb
evs: 116 Atk / 216 SpA / 176 Spe

And replace Zoroark with this, a REAL revenge killer (and the best one in the game IMO):

name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Close Combat
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: X-Scissor
move 4: Earthquake
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)