Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252Hp, 252Atk, 4Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Assurance

The goal with Donphan here was to setup and get rid of entry hazards. With its bulky physical nature, this is easily achieved. Along with the blessings of Donphan is a good base attack stat, which can hinder opponents with STAB Earthquake and Assurance for the ghost types that love to block Rapid Spin. So some opponents would be flighty when it comes to Donphan. Also with the prevalence of Sturdy's awesome new effect, Donphan gets a built-in focus sash, guaranteeing Stealth Rocks.

Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4Hp, 252Atk, 252Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- HP Fire

Oh boy, this is my total hard-hitting Pokémon. Adaptability gives Basculin 2x boosts to all water-type moves. Also, since this is a Rain dance team, water-type moves are also doubled in power during rain. So with Rain dance up, Basculin's wimpy 40BP Aqua Jet turns into a fearsome 160BP. But that is just priority. Waterfall goes from a decent 80BP to a wicked 320BP. Many Pokémon would not favor switching in on such high power moves, and for the few lucky ones that can, their special defense is probably lacking. This is where Ice Beam and HP Fire come in. HP Fire is for those walls who can live Waterfall, notably Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Scizor for 5x damage, and Ice Beam is for coverage.

Cofagrigus @ Damp Rock
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252Hp, 252SpA, 4SpD
Nature: Quiet
- Rain Dance
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- HP Fighting

When most people see Cofagrigus, they think "WALL!" Well, wrong sir! Cofagrigus's exceptional bulk makes it an effective special sweeper and rain dance user. With Nasty Plot, Cofagrigus can hit many Pokémon hard for neutral damage, which can scare the opponent. There aren't many Cofagrigus's out there with an offensive set, and this one would be certain to obtain a kill.

Kabutops @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252Atk, 4SpD, 252Spe
- X-Scissor
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

The goal for Kabutops is to be the replacement sweeper after Basculin's dead. With swift swim and rain dance up, Kabutop's speed turns from an below average 259 to a blistering 518. Many Pokémon even with Choice Scarf, would fail to outspeed this killer. Choice Band also boosts the attack power significantly from 361 to 540. Many Pokémon would not want to switch into Kabutops, and for the ones that would try to revenge kill, Kabutops great defense stat would hinder the attempt, as most priority moves are physical.

Accelgor @ Choice Spec
Ability: Modest
EVs: 4Def, 252SpA, 252Spe
Nature: Hydration
- U-Turn
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- HP Fire (?)

Ah, the mighty Arabian carpet bug. It's blistering base speed allows it to run effectively without a Choice Scarf, being able to outspeed most of the metagame. Giga Drain has received a base power boost from the migration of 4th to 5th Gen, resting now at 75BP. This is Accelgor's method of recovery. U-Turn is for baiting or escaping a bad matchup as Bug Buzz is to hit Grass, Psychic, and Dark types hard. HP Fire I put on for those pesky steel types that seem to be common in 5th Gen and also for ice types. Hydration becomes useful as its ability activates during rain. All status problems get healed during the rain, which makes Accelgor immune to damaging/hindering effects at the end of the turn, which in turn make Accelgor a threat.

Shuckle @ Damp Rock
Ability: Careful
EVs: 252Hp, 4Def, 252SpD
Nature: Sturdy
- Toxic
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Knockoff

My completely bulky and trusty turtle. My team seems to be more physically bulky than specially bulky, so Shuckle seemed to be a valiant option due to its massive 230 base SpD. Shuckle is certain to get a Rain Dance up due to its massive bulk. Knockoff is to remove and leftovers or choice items on opponents for easier kills later in the game. As for Toxic is to dish out residual damage to foes that choose to stay in and Rest is to recover and regain the focus-sash that is built-into Sturdy.
=========================================================================
So, that's basically it. Feel free to give some feedback, as I sure do need it since this is my first team. Thank you for your time!

awesome team! however bulky Gyarados can wall unless you PP stall him to death with Shuckle

btw loving the avatar

Idk how Gyarados would stall me, since this team is at most UU since Donphan's presence.
tiers are not balanced yet heck you might even find a guy using a magikarp just pointing out some things lol but it does not matter but if u ever come across a bulky gyarados you´ll remember my post

´´put´s serious look on his face´´

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252Hp, 252Atk, 4Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Assurance

The goal with Donphan here was to setup and get rid of entry hazards. With its bulky physical nature, this is easily achieved. Along with the blessings of Donphan is a good base attack stat, which can hinder opponents with STAB Earthquake and Assurance for the ghost types that love to block Rapid Spin. So some opponents would be flighty when it comes to Donphan. Also with the prevalence of Sturdy's awesome new effect, Donphan gets a built-in focus sash, guaranteeing Stealth Rocks.

Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4Hp, 252Atk, 252Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- HP Fire

Oh boy, this is my total hard-hitting Pokémon. Adaptability gives Basculin 2x boosts to all water-type moves. Also, since this is a Rain dance team, water-type moves are also doubled in power during rain. So with Rain dance up, Basculin's wimpy 40BP Aqua Jet turns into a fearsome 160BP. But that is just priority. Waterfall goes from a decent 80BP to a wicked 320BP. Many Pokémon would not favor switching in on such high power moves, and for the few lucky ones that can, their special defense is probably lacking. This is where Ice Beam and HP Fire come in. HP Fire is for those walls who can live Waterfall, notably Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Scizor for 5x damage, and Ice Beam is for coverage.

Cofagrigus @ Damp Rock
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252Hp, 252SpA, 4SpD
Nature: Quiet
- Rain Dance
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- HP Fighting

When most people see Cofagrigus, they think "WALL!" Well, wrong sir! Cofagrigus's exceptional bulk makes it an effective special sweeper and rain dance user. With Nasty Plot, Cofagrigus can hit many Pokémon hard for neutral damage, which can scare the opponent. There aren't many Cofagrigus's out there with an offensive set, and this one would be certain to obtain a kill.

Kabutops @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252Atk, 4SpD, 252Spe
- X-Scissor
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

The goal for Kabutops is to be the replacement sweeper after Basculin's dead. With swift swim and rain dance up, Kabutop's speed turns from an below average 259 to a blistering 518. Many Pokémon even with Choice Scarf, would fail to outspeed this killer. Choice Band also boosts the attack power significantly from 361 to 540. Many Pokémon would not want to switch into Kabutops, and for the ones that would try to revenge kill, Kabutops great defense stat would hinder the attempt, as most priority moves are physical.

Accelgor @ Choice Spec
Ability: Modest
EVs: 4Def, 252SpA, 252Spe
Nature: Hydration
- U-Turn
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- HP Fire (?)

Ah, the mighty Arabian carpet bug. It's blistering base speed allows it to run effectively without a Choice Scarf, being able to outspeed most of the metagame. Giga Drain has received a base power boost from the migration of 4th to 5th Gen, resting now at 75BP. This is Accelgor's method of recovery. U-Turn is for baiting or escaping a bad matchup as Bug Buzz is to hit Grass, Psychic, and Dark types hard. HP Fire I put on for those pesky steel types that seem to be common in 5th Gen and also for ice types. Hydration becomes useful as its ability activates during rain. All status problems get healed during the rain, which makes Accelgor immune to damaging/hindering effects at the end of the turn, which in turn make Accelgor a threat.

Shuckle @ Damp Rock
Ability: Careful
EVs: 252Hp, 4Def, 252SpD
Nature: Sturdy
- Toxic
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Knockoff

My completely bulky and trusty turtle. My team seems to be more physically bulky than specially bulky, so Shuckle seemed to be a valiant option due to its massive 230 base SpD. Shuckle is certain to get a Rain Dance up due to its massive bulk. Knockoff is to remove and leftovers or choice items on opponents for easier kills later in the game. As for Toxic is to dish out residual damage to foes that choose to stay in and Rest is to recover and regain the focus-sash that is built-into Sturdy.
=========================================================================
So, that's basically it. Feel free to give some feedback, as I sure do need it since this is my first team. Thank you for your time!
I don't like accelgor's set, i don't think choicing it is a good idea, i don't like accelgor, much, but if it works, use it./

Ok, first things first. If you are using Donphan, then this is a UU team, and you should use better Pokemon available in UU as the majority of your team is RU. On to the rate.

Assurance sucks on Donphan, replace it with Ice Shard for priority or Head Smash to rape Flying-, and Ice-types, otherwise its fine, although I do suggest an EV spread of 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Def as it allows Donphan to take physical hits slightly better.

Basculin is horrible in any tier, and is outclassed by nearly every single water-type. Since this is a UU team, I would suggest Qwilfish for Toxic Spikes and Swift Swim or Milotic for some phazing and bulkiness as the majority of your team is rather frail. Even Azumarill is a better idea, retaining access to Aqua Jet for priority and hitting much harder, especially with Choice Band.

Choice Band Kabutops is not that good in my opinion and is outclassed by Swords Dance variants. Replace X-scissor with Swords Dance and watch Kabutops rip through teams. Again, there are many better Bug-types than Accelgor... Yanmega outspeeds after one Speed Boost, or can hit much harder with unresisted coverage due to Tinted Lens, Venomoth has Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, and Baton Pass, Escavalier has ridiculous attack and can 2HKO even resisted switch-ins, and Heracross absorbs status with Guts and is a good revenge killer with Choice Scarf.

As for Shuckle, it generally sucks without proper team support, and it doesn´t do much for your team. It also bears a weakness to Stealth Rock. I would recommend Rain Dance Ludicolo, it can be either a sweeper or a SubSeeder with Rain Dish, and it provides nice resistances to Water and Grass.

Also, Cofagrigus is majorly outclassed by Dusclops and Dusknoir in UU due to their superior defensive stats.

To be honest, if you want this team to be successful in UU, you must change the majority of your team. Even for RU this is not a very good team with inadequate synergy, variation, and support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)