SM OU Team M-Gallade Soul-Heart

Hello,

I'm Khira, and first of all I'd like to say that English is not my first language, so forget about the mistakes I'm going to make. I would describe myself as a new average player, even if I've been playing the showdown for a few months that I started recently.

I recently felt that I could try to form a team, I played a little bit, I changed some things, I played it again and now I feel I could use some advice. I will try to make this publication conform to the guidelines of the forum and, as it seems to be a habit.

Before explaining the sets in detail, I would like to talk a little about how this team came out: I wanted to form a team with the lord of the layer: M-Gallame. I tried to use it in many ways to the Pokémon, which set was better suited to the team, and they helped me in that. Finally I decided to take the team with that set and more or less being clear about the role they played me.

The team

TA03_Mega-Gallade_(3).png

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

This set is not recommended by smogon, but for now I'm enjoying playing it that way. The idea is to make some space for M-Gallade to organize with sword dance, after which he can easily make holes in the enemy team. It has a decent speed with a cheerful nature allowing it to deal with many different threats. I tried some small adjustments, but I look for the explosive power of the melee as zen headbutt or close enough for M-Gallade bar, for the moment I stay with Ice Punch that Knock Off, has saved me many.

Landorus_Therian_anime.png

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 188 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

At first it took Landorus-T as the typical defensive with that hidden ice power for the threats of other Landorus-T. But they measured the idea that Tapu Koko and Hawlucha and the seed is full in the game. That's why I'm in the Z fly, to control Hawlucha a little better because it can do a lot of damage to the team, we also get a turn with U-turn and we can put our rocks in the opponent's field, there is nothing different.

EP928_Greninja_Ash.png

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Ash-Greninja has a very good power in his Ash form and for that I need to get the form to exploit his full potential, because if his form is not worth much. It also acts as my emergency button against Hawlucha. Specs Ninja is a very threatening set in general and puts work in almost every game. At the beginning of the game, he establishes Spikes and can fire a nuclear Hydro from time to time. So many offensive teams. They just have a good change and make the prediction very easy. Most of the time you can blindly send Heatran while sending Magearna or Tapu-bulu. It acts as a secondary sweeper in most games, particularly against offense. If I see that the opposing team has a lot of mounth, then setting up a peak layer becomes a priority since I can press my opponent to get fogged or punished with each change. Dark Pulse is the movement that is used mainly to clean the last game.

Magearna_F19.jpg

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Fleur Cannon is Magearna's strongest and most breakable attack, making a great effort for anything that does not resist him. Magearna is a natural control for Tapu Lele, Mega Diancie and Clefable, so it only makes sense to have Iron Head or Flash Cannon to eject them. Iron Head may seem strange in a particularly offensive Pokémon, but it allows Magearna to have 1v1 Calm Mind Magearna and Clefable. Hidden Power Fire so that Magearna can threaten Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn. However, Ice Beam is an option for OHKOing Landorus-T on the switch. Volt Switch turns Magearna into a great pivot, as it allows him to gain momentum against Pokémon that he can not normally break, such as Toxapex and Chansey for M-Gallade to take advantage of.

Tyranitar-Pokemon-go.jpg

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Stone Edge is the most spaced move on the set, hitting even Pokémon who resist Rock for massive damage. The lack of changes in the metagame to powerful Rock-like movements increases its power. Crunch is the secondary movement of STAB from Tyranitar and hits many threats in a neutral way, which makes Tyranitar even more difficult to pass safely. The search turns Tyranitar into a fearsome trapper, since any target weak to Dark or less voluminous and neutral will be seriously damaged if OHKO is not performed when disconnecting. Notable goals include Latios, Alolan Marowak and Tapu Lele with option of choice. The final moveslot is quite flexible. Earthquake allows Tyranitar to defeat certain Pokémon that resist their STAB attacks. In previous occasion Z Stone Edge took more drangon dance, but discard the idea.

alfabetajuega-pokemon-go-zapdos-070817.jpg

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

The unloading is a great STAB defensive attack, which punishes intruders and hopefuls to increase the likelihood of paralysis, such as Latios and Volcarona. Roost keeps the Zapdos healthy, necessary for a defensive Pokémon. The heat wave can be used to puncture several types of steel and grass that Zapdos can handle with good results such as Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn and Tapu Bulu. Defog is a good choice; Zapdos has a decent showdown against some Stealth Rock users like Excadrill, defensive Landorus-T and Ferrothorn.

Conclusion

The team is very weak to the fairy type, but with Megearna we can control it if we do not lose it soon. It is a very important pivot against the fairies for the team.

You also have to be careful with the fight. We can control Koko + Lucha with Landorus-T and Z fly to Hawlucha.

Ice can also do them some damage, so we should take that precaution.

The team is also immune to various types. To go closing I'm playing it and I'm proud of it. And if you could give your opinion and help, you will be very grateful. In principle I would not like to change pokémon of the team, I like them a lot. Thank you !

Hey Khira! The you have there is pretty nice, with it only having a few flaws that can be improved by just a few set changes here and there. There are a lot of set selections that I do agree with, but some that I disagree with as well, I am going to go over those and explain in my changes why I do not agree with them.

Overview:
First things first, the team is a solid team. The inclusion of the Mega Gallade + Choice Band Tyranitar core is really creative and something I can see working as well. You also have a reliable remover that shuts down almost any physical attacker that the rest of your team is threatened by. But there is one (major) issue I have with the team: The team has no
resist, nor does Landorus-Therian have Hidden Power [Ice], leaving your team relatively weak to the likes of Zygarde. That is pretty much it. However, that issue needs to be covered in some way.​
What is your team weak to?
:
This is one of the three commonly used Pokémon you are weak to, or at least annoyed by. As already explained in the overview, the team is weak to it because of the fact that you do not run coverage move for it on your Landorus-Therian, that being your main check to it. Sets that win are Sub-Toxic, Choice Band, and Dragonium Z.
: Tapu Lele is more of a nuisance rather than a weakness since you can outplay it with Tyranitar + Magearna and if that goes wrong, you can still trap it with Tyranitar to kill it. It can passively threaten your team if it runs Taunt, however, as it disables the Zapdos from removing the hazards (assuming they are up).
: Heatran is very similar to Tapu Lele in terms of taunting the remover but with a twist. Heatran's versatility plays a relatively huge role as Groundium Z as well as Grassium Z both beat the team sooner or later, since Tyranitar is pretty much forced in and gets nailed with the Z-Move afterwards. If its not a Z-Move set it can at least keep the rocks up versus Zapdos, regardless if it is Taunt, Toxic, or both.
How can you improve the team?
Minor changes:
> (
) : First things first, I simply do not understand the purpose of this set. It is a dfensive Flyinium Z set, but what is it supposed to counter? Hawlucha? Well, you have a Zapdos, and that is exactly why I do not get the set. Hidden Power [Ice] is also needed, so that is why I am going with the set of Stealth Rock|U-Turn|Earthquake|Hidden Power [Ice].
> (
) : I think relieving the Ash-Greninja is going to be a huge plus for it in terms of support with Spikes. It is a lot more flexible and can nuke Pokémon like Mega-Sableye on stall, and if not that then at least pressure it out which would mean that you can start setting Spikes. Being that flexible also has its uses versus offense as it is not locked into anything and can hit more Pokémon at the same time. Set is staying the same, by the way.
Conclusion:
The team before was pretty good too! There were only a few minor tweaks the team needed to better deal with some Pokémon. Pokémon like Heatran are still nuisances/threats to the team, but I think that change needs to be covered with quite a few changes to the team, which I could send to you in private if you wish, but I really do not think much else needs to be done for the most part. With that being said, good luck in your future endeavours!

Resources:

Last edited:
patlop2307 Thank you very much for the tips and information. All the help is like a drop of water to prepare the equipment well and see possible dangers. A strong greeting and thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)