VGC Team MGardevoire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the first time you place a team on this forum and not very good with English.
I need some advice for my team, works well but I think he can improve.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 108 HP / 124 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

I chose this mega initially to try something different from the usual types steel I was used and I realized that does a lot of damage, and the use in more situations than other mega.

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 124 SpA / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl
- Protect

With intimidate and wow can hold off m.kanga without too much difficulty and I preferred to give blaze to prevent the backlash of Flare Blitz but do too much damage.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

set classic amoonguss, I gave him a nature that decreases the speed because so much is already slower than her but at least that gives me greater aid is involved against the trick room.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

a classic set that too, I chose it because of various intimidate present in vgc.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

rotom I chose it primarily for talonflame but I noticed that even defeats Landorus-t with a single Hydro Pump.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

sincerely Garchomp I entered because I did not know who to put, and I wanted to avoid another pokemon with intimidate to avoid getting too much difficulty against Bisharp and Milotic.

Serapis

Losing my way to Victory
This is my first time posting a team to this forum and I am not very good with English. I would like some advise for my team. It works well enough, but I think it can still be improved.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 108 HP / 124 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

I chose Mega-Gardevoir initially because it was something different from the Steel types I was used to playing with, however I have recently come to realize that it does a lot of damage and is a very useful Mega in a variety of situations.

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 124 SpA / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl
- Protect

The combonation of Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp allows Arcanine to fend off the very present Mega-Kangaskhan. Overheat was selected as a no-recoil Fire STAB that can still deal a lot of damage.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Classic Amoonguss set, with a speed decreasing Nature so it can help combat Trick Room teams as much as possible.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

Another classic VGC set; Bisharp is on the team to take advantage of opposing Intimidate.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Rotom-W was selected primarily as an answer to Talonflame, but it also works well against Landorus-T with Hydro Pump.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Garchomp was just kinda tacked on because I didn't really know what else to add. I tried to avoid another Intimidator so that I wouldn't struggle quite as much with Bisharp and Milotic, thus Garchomp seemed better than running a Landorus-T of my own.

Alright, I edited your initial post into nice English and all that, so you can update your original post with it if you like. Also, when making an RMT you should include more details about each set like why the moves were selected and what the EV spreads do. Furthermore, it's worth mentioning what each Pokemon brings to the team. I'd be willing to edit anything you add as well if you'd like.

Hopefully you can fix that, but until then I'll just make some basic suggestions:

Shadow Ball Gardevoir isn't very good, just in general. Because you have Amoonguss support I suggest you run Trick Room in that slot. Trick Room is great for gaining momentum and allowing Amoonguss to really destroy opposing teams with Spore abuse while Gardevoir racks up big damage with Hyper Voice. If Trick Room doesn't appeal to you, then I would suggest using HP Ground. Your current team doesn't like Heatran that much (though you aren't really weak to it) and having a way to hit it with Gardevoir is always nice.

I would run Flamethrower over Overheat on Arcanine. Although Flamethrower lacks the instant power that Overheat provides, Overheat doesn't get any notable OHKOes that I can think of and since Arcanine is a bulky Pokemon that can often stick around on the field for multiple turns the reliability and re-usability of Flamethrower makes it the superior option in my opinion.

With Bisharp I feel as though you should be running a Focus Sash set, assuming you end up keeping it at all. While Life Orb can certainly be good, Bisharp loses the insurance that the Sash provides and becomes a less reliable Pokemon overall. Making LO Bisharp work takes a lot of experience and skill and it's not something I would recommend to newer players. While we're on the topic of Bisharp though, I feel that Aegislash would be a better fit for your team. Defiant is nice and all but considering you only have one physical attacker outside of Bisharp itself I don't believe it benefits you that much. Aegislash offers great support with moves like Wide Guard and is also valuable as a switch in to Kangaskhan. The addition of a bulkier Steel type just benefits your team all around. If Aeg interests you, the two viable sets are a fast LO one and the 252 HP/100 SpA/156 SpD Quiet Weakness Policy one (and Lefties Sub, I guess). The one notable downside here is that you gain a 5-1 physical special split, but I'll go into that later.

Resto-Chesto Rotom-W is kinda outdated. Although it is cool as a concept, the power creep of 6th Generation really makes it less efficient. Sitrus Berry is Rotom-W's best item by far, but you already have that used. If it was up to me, I'd use Safety Goggles on Arcanine to strengthen your Breloom and Amoonguss matchup and shift the Sitrus Berry over to Rotom but that's up to you.

Ah, finally onto Garchomp. While Garchomp itself works just fine, I personally prefer Terrakion for this type of role. Your current team has 1 EQ immunity in Rotom-W and Ground isn't that important as an offensive type (don't get me wrong, it's good but not essential). Terrakion offers what I believe to be the superior Fighting STAB and also a nice Rock STAB. While it definitely improves your matchup against Kangaskhan and Charizard, it does weaken your matchup against opposing Aegislash. You could keep Bisharp, or run Aegislash to counter Aegislash (both of the sets I suggested do this to a certain extent). If Sharp is kept you should run Lum Berry on Terrakion (unless you keep LO on Bisharp, in which case Terrakion should run the Focus Sash).

That's all I can think of for the moment. Hope I was able to help!

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello catastor97 , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)