Team NOOB (Wifi/RNG'd)

Hello all and welcome to my very first RMT. This is the very first team that I have made as I am new to competitive battling. This team is meant to be an offensive team although I'm willing to make any changes that will help me out in battle and achieve victory.

A quick note, this team is to be used for WiFi battles, so please, NO rotom form recommendations or a simple "switch it with that poke". I refuse to use hacks of any sort and I don't believe in the oxy moronic idea of legal hacks though I can RNG like a pro and have a poke within minutes(literally) but move tutor moves are a bitch to get. All pokes are shiny and have perfect IVs with special sweepers having minimum attack stat bar mixed attackers. Hidden Powers with max IVs are easily attainable.

Now, without further ado, I present....TEAM NOOB.

Lead
Starmie@Choice Scarf
Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/ 6HP
Natural Cure
-Surf
-Trick
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Standard TrickScarf Starmie. Locks the opponent into stealth rock and proceeds to spin. If I do see a thunderbolt or any other attack coming I switch to my T-bolt counter (more on him later) or any poke that resists to force a switch. If I do switch out, Starmie comes back as a revenge killer later on in the match or as a present giver to walls (read Trick a scarf on blissey). So far it has give so-so results as I was using a LO Starmie before w/Scarf on Gengar.

Stealth Rock'er/ Bulky Water/Phazer
Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed 252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk
-Roar
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

Standard Mixpert and T-bolt counter for starmie as I stated above. Helps to phaze out setup sweepers with roar pretty well. I seem to use this guy A LOT more than ALL of my other team members. Pretty reliable in most situations. Don't know what else to say besides reliable.

Wall Breaker
Salamence@Life Orb
Naive 18 Atk/240 SpA/252 Spe
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Draco Meteor

Ok, for all the talk I hear about this guy, he's been rather underwhelming from my experience with him. Always gets KO'ed one way or another and fails to take out many Pokemon. SURE he deals damage. It's just that he hits hard from both sides but just not hard enough from either. Sort of like a balanced team losing to other teams b/c it's trying to do 2 things at once. Multi-task fail for this guy. He has helped out in a few situations but is WAY too predictable. Causes all Scizors to switch out. Thinking of using DDmence.

Scout/Switch Inducer
Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant 248 HP/252 Atk/10 Spe
Technician
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Super Power
-Bullet Punch

Standard scizor. Don't know what to say about this guy except that U-turn works about half the time in getting it's job done. It's simply too slow to take a hit and come back later and with his rising popularity, most pokes have an anti Scizor move which just makes things worse. Maybe a scarf flygon?

Special Sweeper/Swampert Check
Gengar@Life Orb
Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/6 Def
-Shadowball
-Thunderbolt
-Energyball
-HP Fire 70

Speaking of anti-Scizor moves, this guy actually managed to live through SD Scizor's bullet punch that had bad IV's and messed up EV's Bullet Punch and proceed to KO. Standard sweeper made to kill all that are slower than it. So-so results w/HP Fire as most scizors proceed to bullet punch.

Late-game sweeper
Metagross@Life Orb
Adamant 112 HP/252 Atk/12 Def/132 Spe
-Agility
-Eathquake
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt

This guys a beast and Zen Headbutt just works much better than Thunderpunch. I've managed to sweep a few teams with this guy and he really does work as described. Don't know what more to say.

So far I've only lost a few times with this team to the same guy who will remain anonymous. Breloom, Tyranitar and Kingdra all gave me trouble. Against a DD"ed kindgra, I was expecting my Metagross that was fighting it to get KO'd as Zen HB failed to KO but the flinch saved me and gross had an Agility. I have a lot of trouble with Sub/Setup sweepers since roar on swampert means he goes second and if he's already damaged, chances are that he yelp in pain rather than roar.

A SubCM Raikou of the guy that beat this team a few time gave this team boatloads of trouble as it carried HP Grass so swampy was out.

I'm looking to replace Gengar, Salamence or Starmie as they haven't given the best results in battle. I'm trying to build an Agiligross team but I'm willing to overlook that for a chance at victory.

Few last words. Despite all the negative commentary in the descriptions, this team has gotten me quite a few wins as well so maybe I'm just not using my pokes to their best or my prediction isn't good. Maybe it's just the fact that people I'm facing were all new to comp. battling as well.

All help is appreciated.

EDIT: I read somewhere that rotom forms ARE usuable on wifi without hacks. This is my soul silver save file and I use GTS to trade with myself, but if rotom forms are hack only (too much conflicting info from google) I would appreciate the heads up.

Hey I got your VM but don't have time for a full rate. Seeing that this team is for wifi, I don't tihnk you need a stall-breaking Mence. Instead, try DDMence, who offensive teams have large amounts of trouble checking. They'll usually switch in a scarfer with dragon or ice move to truy and revenge it- this is an ideal opportunity for Metagross to set-up.

Another thing you can do for Salamence is change the moveset. Keep the EVs, but change the movelist to:

-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Brick Break
-Roost

Roost helps him stay alive longer so he can break stall better, and Brick Break can 2HKO Blissey.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with the change to a DD mence since with no Latias arond very few things can check it.
I also think that Explosion could be an option on Metagross to soley deal with pokemon such as Kingdra but really, Tyranitar and Breloom should not trouble Metagross when he has set up.

I am not sure on the Starmie lead, I think that Swampert in the lead spot may work best and Starmie culd run a LO sweeper set. This allows it more atttacking freedom and the ability to trick a scarf onto Blissey is not needed much when Metagross can freely set up on most Blissey (provided that it avoids Flamethrower)

Then again I don't play Wifi that muhc so maybe my advice sucks lol

Actually I heard that Rotom is usable on Wifi however an AR code is needed for its use. (thats what I heard anyway)

Have a Nice Day!

True ginganinja. You can use Rotom with AR but most people just disconnect because it is 100% illegal! lol For now Rotom isn't usable in WiFi. I'm sure this'll change in the next generation! Anyways I couldn't stop my self from rating a team with an amazing title. It's a great team but it definitely doesn't deserve the title NOOB! haha
Explosion on Metagross can work just to get rid of something that won't die! You don't really have a hard care counter to Swampert. Gengar won't be switching out too much with Scarftars running around! If you see that as a threat in your opinion then explosion can go over Zen Headbutt. I really don't like the idea of a Scarfed Starmie as a lead but it's very distinguish so go for it!
How about an offensive Zapdos over Gengar?
It attracts Tyranitars and Pokemon's such as Gliscor and Flygon who'll put a stop to Agiligross most of the time! Of course Swampert can take care of Flygon and Gliscor! Especially Tyranitar in WiFi ; 90% it comes to wall/kill Zapdos! Run Hidden Power Grass on Zapdos for Swampert! Also since Metagross is a late game sweeper just keep two main attacks. Earthquake and Meteor Mash and of course Explosion! Always a good idea to have an extra plan! haha But most of the time Swampert will end up getting hurt in Salamence's outrage over your opponent's team! Oh yeah, like the guys above me said! DD Salamence will work better at attracting Ice Shard / BP users !
I still think Starmie's a bad idea! >_> If you want, use it but I would suggest using an Offensive Suicune over Starmie to get rid of Gyarados which can be a huge threat if if Swampert is down! In my opinion Swampert always falls for the element of surprise (HP Grass that is) in WiFi and dies! Even with one DD it still does decent damage to most of your Pokemon so Suicune will work great!
Anyways nice team and good luck!

Thanks for all the input everyone. DDmence worked like a charm in my latest battle.

I have a few more things to say if your willing to read this far ahead. I have HP grass zapdos and moltres(Perfect IVs of course with min attack) from my first run through of the game.

And I love suicune. Period. No if ands or buts. I have a bold one with HP electric (perfect IVs of course) and was thinking of getting an offensive one this time, but am not sure if I should get a modest or a timid natured one. I'm thinking modest since its not going to be outrunning anything anyways.

I can't restart my Soul Silver anymore because i'll lose the stupid event only walker courses. I do have access to a restartable Platinum with a perfect Cresselia and Darkrai (I'll finish RNG'ing the rest later, gotta find seeds, from there easy sailing).

Timid Suicune with Life Orb can do 41% - 49% to 188 HP / 0 SpD Bold Vaporeon and can 2HKO 100% of the time if Modest.Timid and 216 Speed EVs let Suicune outrun all Pokémon with base 80 Speed and below. Modest is okay in my opinion!
Once the stupid event only walker course is in your Pokewalker then you're free to restart anytime! The stupid event only walker course will always be in the Pokewalker!
Good Luck!

Actually, the first time I restarted the game, I lost all courses including yellow forest T_T. And with winners path now out as well and yellow forest event over...I'm stuck >_<.

Also concerning my team, I'm seeing a lack of taunt for the subCM'ing pokes. Stall is rare but just one poke is deadly. It's why the trick scarf is needed IMO. Roar out with swampert, and if they switch into back to the same starmie tricks or attacks depending on the poke. Still...it's frustrating to see so many people using "legal hacks" w/HP grass pokes, my poor swampy.

Explosion is an option but then again, this is ingame. But if someone here has a legit European platinum version and is willing to give me quite a few of them TM64s I'd appreciate it.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You get a free Explosion in Soul Silver Heart Gold just by buying a Rage candy Bar in Johto and giving it to a guy in Kanto after the powerplant is restored, then again it does not give you heaps of them though. Regarding Suicune I really siggest Timid if you are running a Offensive varient.

You could drop Starmie for an Offensive Suicune and run a Gliscor over a Swampert in the lead spot. Gliscor is an excellent Stallbreaker with taunt can can set up Rocks as well. It is also a decent switch in to T-tar and Lucario. With Taunt you can prevent the Substitute + stat uppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)