Team Panzer [First RMT]

This is the first team I've made, so any constructive criticism or suggestions are greatly appreciated. So far it's worked pretty good for me, but I have lost quite a few times & I would like to improve.

Bear with me if I can't get the format and crap right :|

At a Glance;

Weavile [Jolly] @ Focus Sash
4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe

- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Taunt

This guy has worked wonders for me so far; he can stop popular leads dead in their tracks. Fake Out takes care of other Focus Sash users, like Azelf and Aerodactyl. I then Ice Punch or Night Slash, depending on type to knock them out before they manage to set up or KO me. If they do manage to somehow survive a Fake Out / Ice Punch, I'm given another turn by Focus Sash to try and knock them out. If I can't knock them out, I usually Taunt and let them take me down to 1 HP, then switch to an appropriate counter.

Code:
Damage against popular leads:
Ice Punch vs. [I]Aerodactyl[/I] [I](4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe) [/I]- 109.3% - 129.1%
Night Slash vs. [I]Azelf (4 HP/252 S.Att/252 Spe) - [/I]99.3% - 117.8%
Ice Punch vs. [I]Gliscor (252 HP/4 Att/252 Spe) - [/I]108.5% - 128.8%

Forretress [Relaxed] @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Att / 252 Def

- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Nothing special here, just a generic spinner and hazard setter. What I like about Forretress is that it has access to all of the entry hazard moves, but Toxic Spikes doesn't do much to help my team, so I went for straight-up damage. I usually switch him in on things like Swampert, where they don't have moves that can especially hurt him, and proceed to set up. Relaxed nature with 0 IVs in Speed gives Forretress 76 Speed, which is ideal for Gyro Ball use.

Infernape [ Naive ] @ Life Orb
64 Att / 252 S. Att / 192 Spe

- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Overheat
- Grass Knot

As frail as he is, Infernape does a great job at murdering defensive tanks. He can out speed a majority of the metagame, and hit hard with Close Combat, Fire Blast, and Grass Knot. If they switch into a 'Tran on a Fire Blast, it's almost a guarantee that I will KO him first unless he's scarf'd (which happens to be most of the time now ;-;), or he's holding a Focus Sash. When I'm against a pokemon that I can't afford to take a miss on, I usually Overheat for the KO and switch out.

Gyarados [ Jolly ] @ Leftovers
156 HP / 96 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

This guy is amazing, and he's usually the reason why I win battles. I usually switch him in on a Skarm or something that can't harm him, Taunt, and DD on the switch. I find that Attack doesn't matter as much when you've been DD'd once or twice, as there's not much that can switch in on a Waterfall / EQ without getting a chunk of their life taken out ( And I probably get to go first again the next turn, which gives me a KO ) With Jolly nature, this bad boy out speeds an unscarf'd Jolteon and Gengar, who would usually destroy my team. After 2 DD's, providing they don't switch right after the taunt, Gyara hits 574 Speed, which if I calculated right out speeds Starmie. One problem I have with this set is that by foregoing Stone Edge for Earthquake, I lack the moves necessary if they switch in an opposing Gyara. If that comes, then I usually taunt and switch out to Rotom.

Rotom [ Modest ] @ Choice Specs
252 S. Att / 252 Spe / 4 S. Def

- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Shadow Ball

The main idea behind this guy is to switch him in on Fighting moves, which are pretty common when they're directed towards Weavile. I then trick on whatever they do, whether they switch or try to stay in and lock them to a move. From there, I can either switch to something I know the move isn't going to hurt and set up, or go kamikaze on the team until it faints. Rotom also functions as a Spin-blocker, which is incredibly useful when it takes 4 turns for Forretress to fully set up 3x Spikes / SR.

Snorlax [ Careful ] @ Leftovers
168 HP / 120 Def / 220 S. Def

- Curse
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Protect

If by chance my Gyara hasn't been boosted with DD, I usually switch this fatso into a special attacker. Protect helps me determine what type of build they're going with, and Curse boosts Lax's otherwise lacking Defense stat to help him be much bulkier. Thick Fat helps take care of the omnipresent Fire and Ice attacks. I choose Body Slam over something like Return because the chance for paralysis greatly helps my survival chances, letting me set up much easier.

That's it, thanks for reading!

Threat List:

- Snorlax takes care of it easy, but I have to be careful for Will-o-Wisps flying around and Trick, as both cripple Snorlax.

- Weavile can 2HKO it with Ice Punch, but if Weavile's already dead, this guy can twave and set up on the rest of my team.

- My Gyara can't do anything to this guy, it doesn't matter which set is this. As you can see from the chart, I'm destroyed by Rock attacks, so if it carries Stone Edge that's a big problem. I can switch into Rotom and Tbolt, but I'm not quite sure if I can survive if it manages to DD on the switch.

- I hate this bastard with a burning passion. Sandstorm completely screws up my Weavile, Stone Edge can KO Gyara and Weavile, Crunch can KO Rotom, and Infernape has trouble taking it down with Close Combat. Curse screws up my chances of KOing this dude, and I've lost more than a few times to this guy.

- Words can't express how much I hate No Guard and Dynamic Punch. Rotom can usually counter Dynamic Punch, but they always just have to be carrying Payback as well, so I usually have to take a KO to switch in safely.

- It out speeds Gyara unless he has at least 2 DD's up, and if he's not it usually tbolts for the KO. Hydro Pump puts a dent in just about anything, regardless if it resists. I usually either manage to switch to Weavile & Fake Out - Night Slash, but if I'm confident I switch in Snorlax to Crunch and hope a parahax doesn't kick in.

More to come as soon as I remember.

I hate Machamp, too. I need to rely on a flying type to get rid of him. Gyarados does have acess to Bounce...but Eathquake and Waterfall have such good coverage...

Tyranitar? It's 4x weak to fighting, right? The team I'm using has one, and SubPunch Breloom and Machamp make me cry. Anything with good defense and earthquake is also a threat. Maybe a less frail Fighting type than Infernape can do the trick.

I would take out overheat on infernape and put hp ice to revenge kill dragonite and non-scarfed flygon.

I hate Machamp, too. I need to rely on a flying type to get rid of him. Gyarados does have acess to Bounce...but Eathquake and Waterfall have such good coverage...

Tyranitar? It's 4x weak to fighting, right? The team I'm using has one, and SubPunch Breloom and Machamp make me cry. Anything with good defense and earthquake is also a threat. Maybe a less frail Fighting type than Infernape can do the trick.
The only ones that come to mind are Machamp, Heracross, and Gallade, but Infernape has is such a great check on Blissey that I just can't take him out x-x.

I would take out overheat on infernape and put hp ice to revenge kill dragonite and non-scarfed flygon.
Weavile destroys Dragonite, unless it's carrying Extremespeed + Focus Sash. As for Flygon, my Infernape isn't carrying max speed EVs, so if I opt for that I don't think I'll be able to outspeed a Flygon anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)