Team PBR(Gimmicks included)

Team Preview
--------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​
Introduction
I have always wanted to make a team, that is unexpected,yet effective, and this is what i came up with.It has given me pretty good results until now, so i hope it gets even better. BTW the nicknames are named after people from the forum were i started playing pogeymanz. Enjoy!

medlingmage21 (Suicune) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

This is a pretty effective lead almost no one uses, countering heatran leads,setting up on swampert leads,severely denting metagross leads, and raping the rising gyarados leads.I used to run scarf celebi in here, but i ditched it since this fixed the previous gyarados/heatran weakness my team had.Thanks a lot to gouki for sugesting me to use this. This is named after the guy who made me stop being a nub.

GL (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Rock]

This pokemon is quite certainly the biggest gimick i have, and thus the most effective.Setting up with this lucario is extremely easy since most people expect SD lucario.CM luke is capable of raping any blissey not carrying seismick toss or thunder wave, getting rid ofthose smart ass rotoms who think the can oustpeed, 2hko-ing most bulky waters after a CM,and finally getting rid of gyarados easily, who most of the time troubles lucario, oh and it also dents salamence if the switch is predicted, along with many other flying types. Its named after my account in that other forum :D

Hasire (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 142 Atk/252 Spd/116 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Thats right, another fucking gimmick. Tyranitars main job is to bring sandstorm in to help lucario sweep, while also getting many surprise kills. Just so you guys notice how beastly this is, it outspeeds base 100 pokemon, free kills ftw. It also sets up rocks to help lucario sweep even easier.Named after a guy that loves sandstorm.

GMX (Rotom-h) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick

Gimmick number 3. Rotom does a fairly good job at surprise killing, and not only that but its always a great adition to the team for his resistances and him countering several pokemon, like scizor who can screw around with CM lucario once it is low in health. Trick is to screw around with stall. Its named after a friend who goes by the name lunar fang atm, he also helped with the team when i first built it.

Bosgod (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP/252 Atk/56 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This pokemon is not a gimmick, but it is still pretty useful. He revenge kills pretty much all psychic type pokemon, scouts, and pretty much destroys dragons locked into outrage.Named after a friend f mine who i greatly admire since he is pretty good at pogemanz ._.

Kingkatimari (Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 Atk/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Mixmence is a pretty good pokemon, getting rid of stall most of the time, and denting a great part of the metagame, not to mention he is easily the best pokemon that can open a sweep for lucario.Named after my BFF <3.

That is pretty much all. please rate!​

You should probably change Salamence's set to the "New MixMence" set because the "New MixMence" set can acomplish important OHKOs on pokemon that could not be OHKO'd by using the set you are using. Here is the "New MixMence" set:

Salamence @ Life Orb | Mild
84 Atk / 216 SpA / 208 Spe
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast
~ Outrage

Firstly, some false info you posted:

Special Lucario cannot defeat Blissey, unless the user is frankly, an idiot, or using a gimmick of there own. 47% of Blisseys carry ST, and 38% of them carry T-Wave. Add in the 29% that carry Flamethrower, which will decimate Lucario, even with Calm Mind Boosts, before it can defeat Blissey, and there are very few Blissey that will lose to your Lucario, most of them low on the ladder.

Blissey will run over your Lucario, and wall 2/3rds of your team.

Specs Rotom is not a gimmick. It's used rarely, yes, because Scarf can be more useful. However, Specs Rotom can be decimating when used right. I suggest you change it to a Rotom-C, and make it a lead, as Specs Rotom-C can counter the top 10 OU leads. I use that with great sucess.

Your Tyranitar is... bad. Sorry, but NO T-Tar should be running a set with BoltBeam and Superpower. Lanturn, the only BoltBeam resist you are likly to see, is weak to EQ. If you MUST use Boltbeam, use EQ over Superpower.

However, scarf sets should also maximise power. I would suggest running the set suggested on the site for a CB set, that way, you are less vunerable to being walled by Blissey if Salamance and Scizor fall.

Suicune can be moved to a mid-game position. It still counters what it needs to, and dragons won't like it either.

you do realize that choice scarf limits you to one move only dont you? superpower actually aids that tyranitar in a few ways:

hits blisseys harder than EQ would, and since blissey is obviously a problem to the team,

i made that tyranitar so it could at least dent blissey, it also
doesnt make him set up bait against other tyranitars, more specifically cursetar, who has given issues to my team. and lanturn is a fairly uncommon pokemon so why bother changing one move that weakens a potential pain in the ass to the team, to a move that weakens a rather uncommon pokemon? I apreciate your rate tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)