Team Rising Sun

~TEAM RISING SUN~

Overview
:

Team Strategy:

Gengar leads of destroying as many things as possible. Once Gengar dies the fun begins. Tangrowth is sent out and sets up Sunny Day. Heatran will switch into fire attacks. If they start to use Stealth Rock, Donphan must be switched in to Rapid Spin. If they switch in something that is uncapable of hurting Charizard, switch him in for a surprise and start Substituting as they switch. Continue to Belly Drum and sweep. Gastrodon is an amazing tank that helps elimanate most of my threats. It also lures out Grass type moves which I will then switch to Charizard and setup.

Team Analysis:

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Counter
- Hypnosis

I love this set so much. First off you Counter an obvious physical attack from leads like Weavile. If you think they won't attack you or they would use a special attack, use Hypnosis and start using Shadow Ball. Once you're not at full HP and you think they will attack you, use Destiny Bond and you will both go down.

Tangrowth (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 240 HP/76 Atk/176 Def/16 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun
- Power Whip
- Rock Slide

After Gengar goes down Tangrowth comes in and sets up the Sunny Day. Sunny Day stops Hail and Sandstorm so it sets up Charizard to set up. Power Whip can make swift work out of Bulky Waters and mainly Swampert and Gyarados which can stop my Charizard from sweeping. Rock Slide helps agaisnt Flying types.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Fire Blast

Overheat is absolutely deadly under the sun. Earth Power is used for anything that Overheat won't affect such as Flash Fire pokemon or things that 4x resist it (don't see these often). Anything else and you should use Overheat. Explosion for Blissey. Fire Blast is for the last slot if you don't want to drop you special attack from using Overheat and want to attept a sweep.

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
- Stockpile
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

This set is very destructive as it can catch the opponent off guard. You start off using Stockpile to raise your defences and scout what you're opponent is about to use. Recover once you're about half HP. After you're defences are high enough, you can use Counter/Mirror Coat to surprise your opponent and Recover of the damage.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

Donphan has two major roles in this team: get rid of Stealth Rock and Ice Shard to finish off low HP Pokemon. It is also my main physical wall.

Charizard (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake

The core of my team. Once Stealth Rock is gone and Sunny Day is up, it's time to unleash Charizard. This will sweep so easily if you're enemy is not prepared for it. Switch into a something that is unable to hurt it and Sub as they switch. Then Belly Drum and sweep. But Swampert just ruins this set. I am never able to OHKO it and it just uses Roar.

Threat List:
Tyranitar - Gastrodon, Tangrowth and Donphan counter it.
Gyarados - Tangrowth can switch in and wall it.
Infernape - Gastrodon can walls it and OHKO with Mirror Coat if it dares to Grass Knot.
Azelf - Lead Gengar takes care of lead Azelf. If not then Gastrodon walls it.
Rhyperior - Tangrowth walls it and maybe Donphan.
Electivire - Gastrodon walls it the best. Donphan and Tangrowth can also wall it.
Heracross - Gengar and Gastrodon.
Salamence - Gastrodon walls it.
*more to come

sorry man but i cant agree
1st will gastrodon survive grass knot?with a 4x weakness its unlikely.
gengar can easily be taken out with a max speed jolly alakazam.
with these two gone infernape with stone edge will destroy chari,while its other movesgrass knot,close combat and flamethrower will run through the rest

Actually the standard mixape: 252 Sp Atk / 24 Atk / 232 Speed with Life Orb, Grass Knot will only do a maximum of 95.77% damage. And that's without any Stockpile boosts. Then you can OHKO back with Mirror Coat but it has to be on the same turn so your gona have to predict.

As you mentioned with Swampert it can easly beat your Charizard who is the core of your team. I would recommend not using him until late game or until your sure that your opponent does not have a swampert.

Overall it's a great team!

OK I'm starting a new RMT so please close this.

Please do not give me a refraction for creating 2 RMT, I already told the mods to close this.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can't ask for this to be closed just so you can post another thread. That is because you made this yesterday. Oh, and you've had your share of bumps already, so don't bother bumping this or replying to this message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)