Team Smalls UU

DO NOT POST, THIS THREAD WAS UNACTIVE, YOU BASTARDS

Team Intro:

Hey, guys. I'm back with another RMT, this time for the UU tier. I've been slowly trying to move away from Offensive-Style for a couple of days, and have been trying to get into more Balance. This team is meant to keep my opponent guessing, and whilst doing that, make them lose. I think this team can be much better, though, and that's why I'm posting it here.

Pictures, I guess:

Team in Detail:

Rapidash (M) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spe/252 Att/6 Def
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- Hypnosis
- Flare Blitz
- Megahorn
- Will-o-wisp

Despite being hardly used, this lead still packs a decent punch in Platinum. With Wide Lens boosting Hypnosis' accuracy, it almost always gets the sleep. Most leads, like a "suicide" Armaldo or Solrock, get a sleep and switch. Flare Blitz and Megahorn are nice for coverage in UU. Will-o-wisp is useful, as always.

Venusaur (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 226 HP/252 SpA/32 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Att)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Hidden Power Psychic may seem wierd, but it provides the best coverage, and allows for Venusaur to counter fighting types really well. Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm provide solid STAB moves, and Sleep Powder is just filler. This is the bread of my team, providing an average of about 2-3 kills a game. Counters just about everything my team needs to counter, like Blastoise and Miltank.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 200 Att/252 SpA/56 Spe
Nature: Rash (+SpA, -SpD)
- Megahorn/Earthquake
- Hidden Power Grass
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Nidoking is great with Venusaur, taking out its counters, like Muk and the Nidos, and Venusaur taking out his. This thing is a great wall-breaker, with Megahorn hitting all the Special Walls in UU for Super Effective damage, and just knocking up everything else with this great coverage, like Altaria and Mantine. I'm unsure of the EVs, and of Megahorn, so help me with that.

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/6 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Att, -SpA)
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

The team's revenge killer. I don't think there is anything in OU remotely like Technitop, so, if you don't play UU, this will be hard to relate to. Hitmontop can revenge kill popular threats like Sharpedo and other frail sweepers, and take out Reversalers and friends. This is so bog standard, there really isn't anything to talk about. Cleans up Late Game.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spe/6 SpA
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Att)
- Reflect
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

This Rotom is just amazing. Most opponents suspect either Trick-Specs or a LO variety, but this suprises 'em with putting up a Reflect and inflicting a burn. The attacks provide good STAB coverage, and actually do something. Also useful for Ground attacks aimed at Nidoking and Venusaur.

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/104 SpA
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Att)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Softboiled

Newest member to the team, Calm Mind Clefable really helps me handle some special threats. I haven't really tested this one too much, so help me here. Bolt-Beam provides excellent coverage, and I just Softboil off the damage from onslaught.

Thoughts:

This team really needs some work, but it works over half the time. Venusaur and Nidoking sweep while Clefable and Rotom support, having Technitop revenge kill when needed. I'd really not like to use Steelix, so please don't request me to use him.

Issues:

Rotom: Annoying to deal with, any kind. I usually can't revenge kill, so I have to out-stall with my Rotom, or have Clefable or Venusaur do something.

Swellow: I haven't seen one yet, but I know I have got a rather large weakness to it, due to my lack of Steelix or Probopass. : /

Drapion: Venusaur can try, but this thing really hurts my team with its massive defenses.

Give Top SE over bullet punch. Every ghost there is laughs at bullet punch, and ghosts are pretty damn scary in UU.

I like your Rotom set. I use the same with sub over reflect, and it works great.

Rapidash is as a solid a lead as ever, but folding to scarfers will get old pretty fast. I ran the same set for a while and it wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't much fun either.

Fable set is standard for good reason.

Crushking is a great wallbreaker set, though megahorn could probably be dropped for EQ since the only thing it hits anymore is Claydol, who takes more from ice beam anyway.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for your time, I just wanted to say Hitmontop does have an OU counterpart. Scizor has technician and now has STAB bullet punch making it one of the best revenge killers out there.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Swellow should not be a problem ever, as long as you have Rotom with 252 HP, it can never hope to 2HKO with Guts boosted Brave Bird. Swellow is the least of your worries.

Secondly, it's easily taken out by Fake Out followed by Mach Punch from Hitmontop. Swellow is just so not a problem for this team.
-----------------

Your team would love to have some Stealth Rocks though. I like the use of Clefable, but instead of the current set, I'd like to see something like this implimented instead.

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/104 SpA
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Att)
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled

This Clefable tries to patch up the weaknesses you complained about. Drapion will never OHKO Clefable. Switch in on the Swords Dance, take the Crunch (It does 64.97% - 76.9% to your Clefable after the Swords Dance and with Life Orb), and Paralyze it. I guarantee that you will see him as a far easier threat to take down from that point forward.

Fire Blast is for Rotom. It's the strongest move that Clefable has to hit Rotom with, and can 2HKO all but 252 HP versions (It's a 3HKO then). If it's an offensive Rotom, it can't hope to survive two Fire Blasts. If it's a defensive Rotom, it can't do enough damage to Clefable to be effective. Stealth Rock further kills any hope for an opponent to sweep your team with Swellow, as well softens up Pokemon who might just avoid your Venusaur's wrath.

This should work far better than your current Clefable.

---------------------------

I'd like to see Return or Double-Edge replace Megahorn on Rapidash. The latter hardly ever comes in handy, while the two former moves stop Rapidash from being set up bait for the ever common Ninetales. Ninetales can easily rampage through this team, even with Hitmontop (although it will do enough damage to stop the sweep, it won't kill). Ninetales is too big of a threat to just let sit there and set up on your lead.

----------------------------

Nidoking having HP Grass is rather redundant. You have Venusuar to soundly counter the opponent's Water / Ground types. I'd rather you use both Megahorn AND Earthquake on your mixed set because that allows you to hit a broader scale of Pokemon. As well, HP Grass does pitiful damage to Lanturn who would otherwise wall the set without Earthquake and hit you for Super Effective damage with Surf.

I liked your team specially the rotom, its quite an inersting moveset, finally somehting new and outstading. Your opponent will not expect it at all, a nice surprice hit.
I would switch Close Combat for Stone Hedge or else Hitmontop would be countered with lying types which seem like a problem to your team, however, rotom can probably can take care of them.
On clefable ditch one of the attacks for Thunder Wave, for a parahax chance and lets you go first. Annoying mos of the time.
I would like Nido to go with Megahorn for things like Hypno or Cresselia (if you ever think you can battle with this team in OU) but EQ will hit things like Muk and the Nidos harder, remember that there are lots of Posion types on UU so I would go with EQ, it also provides a STAB Attack.
Nice coverage all around your team, all you are missing is a nice Stealth Rock Support for an aid at killing sashes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)