team sweeping stall (UU)

(opens curtains)Hello shoddy Raters and welcome to my Rmt...This is my second rmt and i would say my team are getting progressively better

MY first team was an Empoleon sweep team so i decided to show my variety by doing a UU stall team

The idea of the team is a basic stall team which can easily sweep when the chance arises. IT has served me well in the shoddy battle UU ladder but im at a stand still with a CRE of 1300 so i need your help raters..so anyway..i present to you..team SWEEPING STALL

at a glance

in detail

Froslass @ focus sash
Ability : Snow cloak
Nature : Timid
EVS : 252spd/252spatk/4def
-Spikes
-Destiny bond
-Taunt
-Ice Beam

Froslass, the Whore we all know and hate, i had to use her...Her main job is to set up spikes, ruin other leads...and take a pokemon down when she's done and dusted... taunt ruins most leads but it uses are limited as most lead attack first expecting a taunt. Ice beam is really for donphan/sandslash later in the match as they try to spin (if im still alive at this point). And destiny bond lets me go out with a bang! Froslass fits the bill for the lead position on this team..i love her!

Drapion @ chesto berry
Ability : Battle armor
Nature: Impish
EVS: 252hp/252def/4hp
-toxic spikes
-whirlwind
-knock off
-rest

Now what stall team is complete without t-spikes. I dont think there i team ive made without them and there a reason for that - there just awesome. Knock off screws over everything(FUCK you gastrodon) and whirlwind rack up spikes damage + poisons stuff (unless i make him bring a poison type in, which happens quite alot frankly) and when they think theyve beaten me..i rest and start the cycle over again..drapion is also my physical wall to an extent

Registeel @ iron plate
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adament
EVS:252hp/56atk/40def/160spdef
-Curse
-Iron head
-Rest
-Sleep talk

Now the fun/stall begins...Registeel himself walls half the metagame(the special side at least) and is my missy check. He easily finds time to get in and curse away..boosting his other defence to make him an unbreakable wall...and iron head the fuck out of everything..rest + sleep talk keep him alive and sleeping Lol

Meganium @ big root/leftovers??
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Calm
EVS: 252hp/96def/160spdef
-Leech seed
-Reflect
-Energy ball/substitute/protect
-synthesis/substitute.protect

At this point i thought ' i have spikes and stealth rocks, so let take advantage by making switches happen' and leech seed does this alot. So i limited thos spot to scpetile and Meaganium..And keeping to the stall theme of the team..i choose meganium..reflect helps with the teams weaker defence as most of the team is specially defensive. ALthough im confused for the last 2 moveslots. HELP ME!

(i wanted the blue version but, oh well;P)
Gastrodon @ splash plate
Ability: Sticky hold
Nature: Careful
EVS: 252hp/80atk/176spdef
-Curse
-Amnesia
-Waterfall
-Rest

Alongside Registeel, This is my second sweeper,my second curser, my much needed fire resist, and well a geat pokemon. I choose gastrodon over Quaggy as with Amnesia i have a chance to survive a grass attack (with quaggy there would be no chance) and in my opion a better stat spread...waterfall is a great stab move as the only pokemon walling it is toxicroak (his usage is steadily decreasing) So when rating i beg of you..dont advise Quaggy here..you will be ignored

Porygon 2 @ leftovers
Ability : trace
Nature : Bold
EVS : 200hp/252def/56spatk
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-recover
-tri attack

To round the team off I knew i needed a special sweeper and i choose porygon 2 for his ability: Trace..i mean come on ..it an amazing ability...the moveset is well standard...i really wanted to use recycle but for some reason it wont let me..so tri attack is filler..and the status chance is good (if i get it) not much more to say here i guess

SO theres the team- Rate/hate/Steal do what you want with it..i understand tehre some gaping weaknesses and i've tried to fix them..but end up making a worse weakness somewhere else...i have a CRE of 1300 with this team..id love to get further with it

one last thing..this is an odd request but could you actually rate this team out of 10? id love to know how exactly this team fairs on paper anyway..thanks and GOODNIGHT AMERICA (closes curtains)

hello

Those plates aren't worth much (Registeel is holding Iron Plate and Gastrodon is holding Splash Plate) so I suggest dropping them.

Give Registeel Leftovers. Which provides the much needed recovery even during sleep. I Also suggest another EV's spread: 252 HP, 40 Atk, 216 SDef
A Cursing Registeel greatly appreciate the Toxic Spikes support so that he could beat bulky pokemon like Milotic, so you provided that perfecly with Drapion.

I suggest a Quagsire over Gastrodon, beacause he has a better ability and access to Recover. I don't suggest using another curse set but the bulky water set.

Quagsire @ leftovers/ relaxed/ water absorb
252 HP, 96 Akt, 160 Def

- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

--> Like I said before this works much better then Gastrodon. Moveset doesn't need to be explained. It just works like an UU Swampert with Recover instead of Stealth Rock.

If you want to use the Sub Seed strategy then you might consider Sceptile instead of Meganium. With better speed and a various supporing movepool he could be hard to take down.

Sceptile @ leftovers/ jolly/ overgrow
216 HP, 40 SAtk, 252 Spe

- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power (Fire)

--> Just the Sub Seed variant from the analysis. You can get in a fast sustitute and stall with Leech Seed. Like you have done Spikes and Toxic Spikes support is a great support. HP fire is For Grass and Steel types while Energy Ball is for STAB.

On Porygon2 You could replace Thunderbolt with Discharge and Tri Attack with Toxic. This might seem unnecessairy but Toxic Spikes doesn't affect Flying and Levitating foes. Discharge is so you have a higher chance of paralysis on Steel foes.

Hope I helped!

I would suggest your give Registeel and Meganium Leftovers instead of those silly items you requested.

Also, your Gastrodon wants Life Orb instead of Splash Plate.

-Terywj

Hi

I would agree with Black Scizor that Gastrodon has to be replaced, but I think you should consider using a defensive Poliwrath instead of Gastrodon. I have tried Poliwrath on a few of my stall teams and it works brilliantly although it does miss out on instant recovery but it has access to Bulk Up,Encore and Haze.

I would also consider replacing Registeel with Umbreon, which has Wish and Heal Bell to keep your team healthy and access to Curse so you can sweep.

Lastly I would suggest getting Stealth Rock on your team so you can deal better with Flying types. I would suggest using:

Dophan@leftovers
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Ice Shard

This Dophan lays and spins Stealth Rocks and also can counter Honchkrow a problem to this team. Hope I helped.

okay, first, Blackscizor i told you i dont want to use Quaggy for 2 reasons, 1, i prefer sticky hold over water absorb, 2, stats spread..gastrodon has a way better 1 in my opion...and i prefer the defences given by meganium over sceptile..although i will try him after school (7:50 where im from) im gonna change gastrodon now i think....maybe to deccy'd polywrath(what is the set btw) but it need to resist fire anyway..help me!

P.S. gonna use t-wave over tri attack on porygonj 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)