Team X (Meh Offensive Team)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk|252 Satk|192 Spe
Niave Nature
-Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat​

Never understood why LeadApe didn't run max speed so it can have a chance at outrunning some other leads, I know Infernape doesn't need to run max speed in all cases but, *Sigh* oh well. Close Combat is physical STAB and Fire Blast is for special.​

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk|252 Spe|24 Satk
Niave Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance​

So.......one of Platinum staples found their way onto my team. The EVs allow me to OHKO full health maximum HP, minimum Special Defense Impish Skarmory, and the Fire, Ground, Dragon combo isn't resisted by anything in the game.​

Azelf @ Life orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 Atk|252 Spe|136 Satk
Niave Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Flamethrower​

MixZelf is epic in a whole new way. The only thing that walls this little guy is Heatran but by then he'll have done enough damage. Ice punch kills dragons, Zen headbutt is a 2HKO with SR damage to Blissey (Haven't run calcs yet but that's what I've seen on Shoddy), Grass Knot OHKO's Swampert, and Flamethrower is for that Grass/Fire combo.​

Jolteon @ Salac Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP|252 Spe|252 Satk
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
-HP Ice
-Subsistute
-Baton Pass​

Jolt with Salac Berry? WTF? So basically this guy Sub spams until Salac activates and passes it to one of my sweepers, especially Heatran, but you'll learn more about him later.​

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP|252 Atk|4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamicpunch
- Ice punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk​

I hate offensive teams with all fragile sweepers so I tried this guy. Not much else to say about this guy. Kinda......self explanatory.​

Heatran @ Expert Belt
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- HP Grass​

OK, for me ScarfTran doesn't hit hard enough and SpecsTran wasn't fast enough. I hate how both had great coverage but can't use it to thier fullest potential thanks to choice items. I met both halfway with Wise Glasses, Max Special attack and a Salac Berry boost from Jolteon. It sweeps until Scarftran comes in and threatens an Earth Power. If the opponent isn't prepared for him he'll hurt you badly.​

Although the possibility is somewhere around .01%, there's a chance that you might come up against a lead Dragonite that might look like this

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Agility

If you already see the problem, then don't read below, but because I might need to explain myself...
Infernape's Fake Out is not very productive against Dragonite, since it does not flinch him/her and deals a very small amount of damage. Dragonite is resistant to both Close Combat and Fire Blast, which means Infernape really doesn't stand a chance in OHKOing him, barring chance of hitting a critical. The only flaw in this set up is Infernape's Focus Sash, but without it, Dragonite can Agility and OHKO with Earthquake. For Heatran and Jolteon, Dragonite kills with Earthquake as well, and with an Agility boost in, Dragonite outpaces both Jolteon and Azelf. As for Outrage, it comes to pracitcality and whatnot, since I could switch that moveslot for Dragon Rush instead, which is less accurate but should be able to OHKO both Azelf and Machamp (well, maybe not Machamp, but that's why I stuck on a Yache on Salamence) without having to stay locked. Ice Beam is specifically for Salamence, but then again, putting on Blizzard lowers the accuracy but ensures OHKO. I didn't bother putting EVs, but maximum attack, maybe Brave nature and enough Speed EVs to outpace Jolteon after an Agility boost, and the rest into HP. Though I doubt it would completely devastate your team, there's a chance that it could, and even still, a chance to tear through your team.

Although the possibility is somewhere around .01%, there's a chance that you might come up against a lead Dragonite that might look like this

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Agility

If you already see the problem, then don't read below, but because I might need to explain myself...
Infernape's Fake Out is not very productive against Dragonite, since it does not flinch him/her and deals a very small amount of damage. Dragonite is resistant to both Close Combat and Fire Blast, which means Infernape really doesn't stand a chance in OHKOing him, barring chance of hitting a critical. The only flaw in this set up is Infernape's Focus Sash, but without it, Dragonite can Agility and OHKO with Earthquake. For Heatran and Jolteon, Dragonite kills with Earthquake as well, and with an Agility boost in, Dragonite outpaces both Jolteon and Azelf. As for Outrage, it comes to pracitcality and whatnot, since I could switch that moveslot for Dragon Rush instead, which is less accurate but should be able to OHKO both Azelf and Machamp (well, maybe not Machamp, but that's why I stuck on a Yache on Salamence) without having to stay locked. Ice Beam is specifically for Salamence, but then again, putting on Blizzard lowers the accuracy but ensures OHKO. I didn't bother putting EVs, but maximum attack, maybe Brave nature and enough Speed EVs to outpace Jolteon after an Agility boost, and the rest into HP. Though I doubt it would completely devastate your team, there's a chance that it could, and even still, a chance to tear through your team.
Okay I see what you mean, but like you said, the chance of me encountering this specific Dragonite is slim to none.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 48 Atk|252 SpA|208 Spe
Niave Nature
-Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

Never understood why LeadApe didn't run max speed so it can have a chance at outrunning some other leads, I know Infernape doesn't need to run max speed in all cases but, *Sigh* oh well. Close Combat is physical STAB and Fire Blast is for special.
The reason Infernape doesn't need to run Max Speed is because it's in its' own speed teir. 64 Atk|252 Satk|192 Spe allows ape to out run all base 100s everything from 330-346 doesn't make appearances in OU so its wise just to beef up Close Combat, the old Ape had to run more but with Garchomp gone it no longer needs to outspeed it.

Heatran @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
Expert Belt has more uses than Wise Glasses in most situations since Heatran can hit so much for Super Effective, Switching items is more beneficial but would require a change from Dragon Pulse to HP Ice or Grass, to get more Super Effective hits.

The reason Infernape doesn't need to run Max Speed is because it's in its' own speed teir. 64 Atk|252 Satk|192 Spe allows ape to out run all base 100s everything from 330-346 doesn't make appearances in OU so its wise just to beef up Close Combat, the old Ape had to run more but with Garchomp gone it no longer needs to outspeed it.

Expert Belt has more uses than Wise Glasses in most situations since Heatran can hit so much for Super Effective, Switching items is more beneficial but would require a change from Dragon Pulse to HP Ice or Grass, to get more Super Effective hits.
Oh Ok so thats why max speed isn't necessary. OK, I'm going to change his EV spread. And I might try HP Grass if I can ever find a Heatran with it.

Your jolteon should have charge beam if you want to pass sp. atk boosts
Good idea, I just need to find a good time to use it. Normally Jolteon's subs break as soon as they are used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)