Done Teambuilder improvement (user sets)

Hello! I have a proposal to improve teambuilding speed. To be clear, the teambuilding speed has already been improved one time when sample sets were added. But not always there are sample sets or they are good, especially if we look at lower tiers like Doubles OU.

DPULT2.png

I'm sure PokemonShowdown! could do better to avoid having to copy sets from other teams, so I'll introduce my idea: "User sets"

DPULTsamplesets + usersets.png

The sets could be taken from a box in the teambuilder, or directly from the new cloud.

Thank you in advance, I'm not sure this is something possible but I think it could be a really good improvement for every user on PS!

This is a really neat idea!! I'd like to give some of my thoughts here, not to push your request in any particular direction:

Implementing this with only "your own" information (i.e from a "special" box in your teambuilder as you said) sounds like a really neat shortcut that could save lots of time and adds tons of customizability. I guess you'd need to have a separate box per generation though. This approach is also easily shareable between friends by simply dumping the box to a paste or equivalent and sharing the link. I'm not sure if boxes can be uploaded to the PS teams database today but that would be even more awesome and likely make it easy to share. Love this approach.

If by "from the new cloud" you mean automatically selecting samples from publicly shared sets through a PS database, I'd be a bit more skeptical. I think it would be difficult to gather a high-quality but small list of sets from user submissions without manual intervention. So my worry with this approach is that a there will either be a lot of questionable or similar sets, or very few sets depending on the Pokémon and the generation. I'd also guess this is more of a technical overhaul as well than the first option. Of course, I could be wrong!

Either way, really excited to see where this suggestion is headed :)

Last edited:
I'll introduce my idea: "User sets"

View attachment 567178
The sets could be taken from a box in the teambuilder.

Thank you in advance, I'm not sure this is something possible but I think it could be a really good improvement for every user on PS!
This has now been implemented! If you create a Box in some format, all sets from that Box will now be available as import buttons when building teams in that format.

As an example, I created a Box for [Gen 9] OU containing various stall sets, including two Alomomolas named "Ghost Whirlpool" and "Scald Pivot". When teambuilding for [Gen 9] OU, I can now see import buttons for these Alomomolas when clicking "Import/Export":
1712860320486.png
1712860264860.png

Some notes:
  1. Box sets are retrieved per format, so only sets from your Boxes in [Gen 9] OU will be shown when building a [Gen 9] OU team.
  2. The import button will use the nickname of the Box set. So an Alomomola named "Ghost Whirlpool" will show up as an import button called "Ghost Whirlpool".
  3. The nickname of Box sets are not part of the import. This is done so that you don't accidentally send out an Alomomola nicknamed "Ghost Whirlpool" into battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)