Tearing Shit Up (An Undefeated UU Team)

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Well, with all this commotion about the new face of UU, I thought I'd try my hand at it. I created this team in less than two minutes, yet it has held an undefeated record on Shoddy's UU ladder. Most of the Pokemon were those I had previously been using to great success on the OU ladder beforehand.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Own Tempo
Jolly
252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 Spe
~Spore
~Thunderwave
~Stealth Rock
~Spikes

This is my lead for just about every team I make; it just works too well. It's essentially a more appropriate and useful Butterfree. First I Spore the lead, then I T-Wave the switch. I have now effectively crippled 1/3 of the opponent's team, at which point I get Stealth Rock up. Since I will undoubtedly be faster than whatever is Paralyzed, I'm guaranteed at least one layer of Spikes. The Paralysis usually grants me a full layer of Spikes on top of Stealth Rock. Even if Smeargle only gets SR and 1 layer of Spikes down, he's completed his task.

Raticate @ Flame Orb
Guts
Jolly
18 HP/ 252 Att/ 240 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Facade
~Suckerpunch
~Me First

I first started using this in OU several months back. I found that it took care of just about every non-Steel Pokemon. The gist of this is to come in on something that will either switch or is near death. If they're going to switch, use Swords Dance. If you're going to kill a weakened Pokemon, then use Facade. Now, turn 2 comes along and this thing has the Attack to match Garchomp (without even getting in Swords Dance) and even higher speed. Facade is the weapon of choice here, firing off 210 Base Power Facades from a 393 Attack stat. That spells trouble for everything. Suckerpunch is handy for those few Pokemon who are likely to outspeed it, but also for the Ghosts who think they're walling me. Me First is probably only ideal on 1 Pokemon- Raticate. Me First allows me to use the opponent's move before they get a chance to use it, only at 1.5x the power. This is on top of Raticate's Guts boost and whatever other boosts he may have gotten from Swords Dance. In OU this was handy for getting the surprise KO on Lucarios trying to Close Combat me. I'm not quite sure what it's use is in UU though, but if you think there's a better option then speak up. That goes with Swords Dance, too, because I've been primarily using only Facade and Suckerpunch.

Relicanth @ Life Orb
Rock Head
Adamant
6 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
~Rock Polish
~Waterfall
~Head Smash
~Earthquake

I think this is a cool toy, and even though I only picked him for the team because I'd never used him before, it's proving quite handy. There's usually something on the other team that's afraid of this guy, so when they switch, I Rock Polish up. Then I choose the appropriate Super Effective attack. If there is none, and Head Smash isn't resisted, they get hit by that. Apparently it's more powerful than a Salamence Outrage (so I read in the analysis). This guy is not to be messed with. Since I'm fairly new to UU, despite this team's success, I am not familiar with UU Speed Tiers. I just put 252 EVs in Speed (which beats ScarfTran that I definitely won't be seeing in UU). Also, HP EVs are pretty pointless on Life Orb users anyway.

Honchkrow @ Choice Scarf
Super Luck
Naughty
252 Att/ 32 Sp Att/ 226 Spe
~Night Slash
~Drill Peck
~Superpower
~Heat Wave

This guy is super. Super Luck that is.... heh. 383 Attack, combined with powerful STAB moves, Superpower, and Heat Wave to deal with counters, proves a deadly combination. With Super Luck increasing the chances of a Critical Hit and Night Slash's high Crit rate anyway, nothing is safe. This wreaks massive damage, even without the Crit. Drill Peck lets me pick off Fighting Pokemon, Superpower is just great for Revenge killers anyway, and Heat Wave hurts Steels, notably Steelix. Again, I wasn't too sure with Speed Tiers so I went with my OU sense to beat 350 Speed.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Rivalry
Adamant
6 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
~Earthquake
~Suckerpunch
~Ice Punch
~Thunderpunch

This was something I tried back when Garchomp was still OU on my Sandstorm team. Since Blissey isn't in UU and no one bothers to change the gender of any Pokemon, Rivalry becomes more attractive. Earthquake from this guy is actually less than 1% less powerful than Life Orb Adamant Garchomp. Again, I'm thinking OU, but Suckerpunch was always handy for netting kills against Starmie, Gengar, and Azelf, so I kept to it. Ice Punch/Thunderpunch offer great coverage, though in UU Stone Edge and something else might be more beneficial. Megahorn isn't necessary since its poor accuracy and Ice Punch puts weak Pokemon in KO range anyways (due to SR and Spikes, thanks to Smeargle).

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Modest
52 HP/ 252 Sp Att/ 206 Spe
~Agility
~Charge Beam
~Ice Beam
~Hydro Pump

Not only has KD24 helped me become a better player as my old tutor, but he created this thing, too, which I slightly modified. For the third time, I'm still thinking OU and went with enough Speed EVs to outspeed 3/4 of Scarf base 100ers (Flygon, Salamence, Celebi, Jirachi- most of which run some HP EVs). Saying that I'm sure I could take some Speed away and increase bulkiness. The way this works is come in on something that definitely won't like to see this and use Agility as they switch. If the Pokemon they bring in can't do to much damage to this, I take advantage of this and try to get as many Sp Att boosts as possible from Charge Beam until it gets risky. After 2, it's pretty much GG. Ice type is probably the most useful attacking type since alot of Pokemon are 2x/4x weak to it. Hydro Pump hurts Regirock pretty badly even in Sandstorm. This is easilt my new favorite Poke. It is way dangerous, so don't underestimate!

Mainly I'd like help with better EVs and get feedback on Speed investment, as well as possible better moves more suited for UU. Thank!​

I can't give a full rate, but you have a pretty big ground weakness. It can foil Smeargle's job by switching into a T-Wave (not that they are expecting it, but it can happen), and Relicanth, Lanturn, and Nidoking are all weak to ground.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
True.
I'm considering replacing Relicanth for something a bit more on the Defensive side. There really isn't a need for so many sweepers when a few will do. Plus Relicanth @ Life Orb is kind of strange, you know, putting Life Orb on something with such high Defense.

Perhaps something like Mesprit would be more appropriate?

I think your Smeargle lead is quite useful, however you might have some troubles against lead Honchkrow, which I personally use.

It has Insomnia so that might be a bit of a problem.

Without a Scarf on Smeargle, you are going to lose to all Froslass with taunt, so you could consider Scarf Tricking and then Spore. Also, Ursaring outclasses Raticate in Status + Facade, with 130 Atk, higher defenses and Quick Feet taking Ursaring's speed beyond Raticate's maximum.

As for Head Smash out-damaging Outrage, i made a mistake in it; a CB Head Smash out-damages a Life Orb Outrage; but a CB Outrage out-damages a CB Head Smash. Consider Hydro Pump on Relicanth to 2HKO Steelix, because Waterfall can't manage it.

Raticate

Attack (After Guts): 392

Speed: 322

Urasaring

Attack: 359

Speed (After Quick Feet): 343

-----

So basically, Raticate gets Follow Me, Sucker Punch, and a higher Attack
while Ursaring gets Close Combat/Earthquake and higher Speed.

Defenses don't really matter since you're not switching into any attacks anyway; you'd die too quickly.

Anwyway, why not try Rock Polish Torterra? It fills a similar role but is a bit bulkier and can provide switches into Lanturn (Ice Weak)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)