tennisace's ~*magical mystery tournament*~ - Won by Tachycardia

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ok here are the seeds:

1FLCL
2Shuckleking87-
3Zebraiken-
4Sweet Jesus-
5Tachycardia-
6FireMage-
7Annoyer-
8Raseri-
9Fusxfaranto-
10Incon-
11atomicllamas-
12D4RR3N-
13Finchinator-
14scorpdestroyer-
15skylight-
16Audiosurfer-
17Treecko-
18Lasagne21-
19CBTerrakion-
20Soulgazer-
21BROStime-
22Sidfrid-
23Infernis-
24JirachiCelebiMew

I was going to have it on challonge.net but it wouldn't let me do a 3 way final. I'm only doing 24 since I didn't get as many signups as I anticipated so w/e. What I did for the wildcards was I took the list of them and randomized them on random.org. Here's round 1:

1 FLCL vs 24 JirachiCelebiMew
2 Shuckleking87 vs 23 Infernis
3 Zebraiken vs 22 Sidfrid
4 Sweet Jesus vs 21 BROStime
5 Tachycardia vs 20 Soulgazer
6 FireMage vs 19 CBTerrakion
7 Annoyer vs 18 Lasagne21
8 Raseri vs 17 Treecko
9 Fusxfaranto vs 16 Audiosurfer
10 Incon vs 15 skylight
11 atomicllamas vs 14 scorpdestroyer
12 D4RR3N vs 13 Finchinator

I'll get a drawing up of the bracket real soon, it's kinda complicated and I'm fairly bad at drawing so we'll see how it goes!

edit: bracket - http://goo.gl/ilPTmP

Deadline is 1 week from today.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
5 Tachycardia vs 20 Soulgazer :>
8 Raseri vs 17 Treecko This one gonna be close
10 Incon vs 15 skylight
11 atomicllamas vs 14 scorpdestroyer Porygon or go home~

Last edited:
7 Annoyer vs 18 Lasagne21 - fuck
8 Raseri vs 17 Treecko
10 Incon vs 15 skylight

we see each other all the time on IRC so should be able to get this done (is what skylight and annoyer said for botw)

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
predix

No upset. FLCL, 2-0. JCM puts up a fight in the second but ultimately gets crushed by the might of Fire Gem Clefairy.​

Shuckleking87 johns until the day after the deadline, and when they finally play, Infernis claims victory despite Shuckleking87's unorthodox tactics.​

GL. Be prepared for Diglett, Magnemite, and Gothorita shnenanigans. I think you should definitely forfeit as soon as the battle starts, though.​

Sweet Jesus prays to Sweet Jesus and haxes the bro out of BROStime. It's alright, though, since he has his lady to console him after his loss. ;]​

Soulgazer chokes on a dong larger than tennisace's head when he unintentionally sacks his win condition late in the third game, but somehow manages to pull it out, 2-1.​

Seems like a pretty tight matchup. CBT takes the first one cleanly and pulls away in the second before FM roars back with a couple of crits and solid plays, and then CBT seals the deal in the third one by team matchup.​

ANNIE ARE YOU OKAY
ARE YOU OKAY, ARE YOU OKAY ANNIE

Annie skips to victory, 2-0.​

8 Raseri vs 17 Treecko

Best match of the round, by far. Taking Ras with a last-second crit on an otherwise worthless mon, 2-1.​

Two really underrated players stepping up to the plate, though Ajax takes it in two. Audiosurfer puts up a good, tough fight, though.​

10 Incon vs 15 skylight

Incon returns from his stint at PO to stumble to the queen of innovation, with her award-winning sets Rocky Helmet Musharna and Flame Charge Magmar. skylight wins in a close series of games thanks to a surprise set or two, 2-1.​

atomicllamas begins the match with an absurd amount of hax and then never looks back.​

D4RR3N drops the first game on a combination of sheer luck and misplays, but recollects and wins the next. Finch wins the third cleanly.
imma make predicts every round and keep a record of what i predicted (0-0, where first is how many you got right and second is how many you have wrong). everyone else should too, i think it'd be pretty fun to see who wins predix!

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
8 Raseri vs 17 Treecko
10 Incon vs 15 skylight

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
contacted firemage, we will be playing a week from tommorow (blame firemage for the long wait)

1 FLCL vs 24 JirachiCelebiMew- sry jcm but its flcl
2 Shuckleking87 vs 23 Infernis- infernis only was able to win against me last minitour on hax
3 Zebraiken vs 22 Sidfrid- zeb owns
4 Sweet Jesus vs 21 BROStime- bros hasnt played much lately, and sj uses cool gimmicks
5 Tachycardia vs 20 Soulgazer- underrated af
7 Annoyer vs 18 Lasagne21 - gets activity win since annoyer will likely john and lasagne only appears when annoyer is asleep
8 Raseri vs 17 Treecko -raseri is overrated
9 Fusxfaranto vs 16 Audiosurfer- similar skills, but fusx is kinda unpredictable
10 Incon vs 15 skylight - v good match, but i think nica prevails
11 atomicllamas vs 14 scorpdestroyer - similar skill levels, team matchup will decide this
12 D4RR3N vs 13 Finchinator- cased/meeps ghosting will net him win

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Flcl wins game one and jcm rage quits :/

Shuckle master has this unless it comes to activity

Zeb wins in a close match

Sweet baby Jesus wins via hax or activity

Tight match up, soulgazer has this unless he gets distracted by genitals

Probably the best match this round (besides Scorp and I) FM pulls through.

Annoyer beats lasagne, unless it is past his bed time, lasagne may get the activity win.

8 Raseri vs 17 Treecko
Raseri 6-0ed me, and I beat treecko in the danger zone, raseri wins via the transitive property.

9 Fusxfaranto vs audiosurfer
Fusx is highly underrated, audiosurfer got an unlucky draw.

10 Incon vs 15 skylight
I know nothing of incon oO.

11 atomicllamas vs 14 scorpdestroyer <-- this is going to be a really tight match, gl scorp :), edit:cbt predicted my win, I lose now.

D4RR3N is a very good battler, I think he has this one.

Also scorp and I are in contact.

Last edited:

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
2 @Shuckleking87 vs 23 Infernis — shuckleking overcomes expert belt ninjask by walling it with shuckle
3 @Zebraiken vs 22 Sidfrid — zeb wins by using THE LEGEND
4 @Sweet Jesus vs 21 BROStime — sj gets the activity win
5 @Tachycardia vs 20 Soulgazer — who is soulgazer lol
6 FireMage vs 19 @CBTerrakion — cbt wins through his extensive knowledge of the inner workings of firemage's mind
7 Annoyer vs 18 @Lasagne21 — annoyer will probably use some joke team and lose, aka. all of this teams
8 @Raseri vs 17 Treecko — depends on who cares the most about this match
9 @Fusxfaranto vs 16 Audiosurfer — fusx wins with assist liepard
10 @Incon vs 15 skylight — easy decision tbh
11 @atomicllamas vs 14 scorpdestroyer — close
12 D4RR3N vs 13 @Finchinator — finch has the based god casekace ghosting him so no chance for d4rr3n

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1 FLCL vs 24 JirachiCelebiMew - a victim of countless Copycat Roars, jcm will still struggle against the fearsome tactic and lose out in round one
2 Shuckleking87 vs 23 Infernis - the 87th king of the Shuckles will douse Infernis with his Shell Smashing friends
3 Zebraiken vs 22 Sidfrid - in the biggest upset of the round, former NU tier leader Zebraiken will hax his way to the W
4 Sweet Jesus vs 21 BROStime - BROStime better beware, no amount of training will prepare himself for Sweet Jesus's odd gimmicks and will lose by blindside
5 Tachycardia vs 20 Soulgazer - Soulgazer's heart rate will surpass healthy limits, and Tachycardia will take his first victim
6 FireMage vs 19 CBTerrakion - fire is weak to rock
7 Annoyer vs 18 Lasagne21 - lasanga is weak to boku no pico
8 Raseri vs 17 Treecko - this should be really fun, but it's too bad that I test all of my teams against him (´・ω・`) but I guess if I lose, at least it will be against the biggest loser of them all ♥
9 Fusxfaranto vs 16 Audiosurfer - Fusxfaranto will blind Audiosurfer with his Blingee charms
10 Incon vs 15 skylight - skylight's knowledge of the current metagame is her only hope of surpassing a historical threat
11 atomicllamas vs 14 scorpdestroyer - his scorps will be destroyed (and atomicllamas beat me in some minitour a while ago)
12 D4RR3N vs 13 Finchinator - coin toss for me; I've never played either of them, but worst come worst, meeps will ghost finch for the win tbh imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)