Pet Mod TeraMax [Phase 3 - Slate 1: Gen 8 Home]

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Voting is over, congratulations to...myself?!
Tera Rework:

Two major changes to Terastilization. If a Pokémon terastilizes, it's STAB bonus from types other than the terastilized type will be nerfed to ×1.25. In addition, the boost from same type Tera will go from x2 to x1.75.

Pokémon who undergo Terastilization takes ×0.75 from Max and G-Max Moves.

Pokémon holding a Wishing Stone cannot Tera.

I really didn't bother doing anything complex. You still have the big surprise factor since there is no indication who can Tera or how, but the raw mechanic itself is not as powerful. If a Kingambit wants to run Tera Fairy, it can get a goober Tera Blast but its Sucker Punch isnt that big anymore. I gave it some unique counterplay to Dynamax as well, but if that is seen as too strong I can remove that.
With Dynamax and Tera set in stone, we will now have to design and form our metagame around these two factions. Dynamax has gotten some key restrictions in place but its still a pretty powerful mechanic. Tera got its raw output nerfed, but it can still flip the script if necessary, making how you team build important. That being said, we will now be moving into Phase 2 of this Pet Mod, but before then, I will give a 12 hour window for people to discuss expectations for Phase 2, their feelings on how Phase 1 has commenced, and that if us the community has done a good enough job to rescake these dominating features for an OU slyle metagame.

The Dynamax rework seems to have slightly addressed Dynamax's issue of being too unpredictable, especially since the item restriction will limit various options mon have to just end up games on the spot. However, it might still make certain mons a bit too much, and there are a couple of Gigantamax forms who might end up seeing some nerfs as a result. Still, it does give me the impression that the dynamax and especially the Gigantamax forms will make the meta somewhat similar to gen 6 in the way that each team can wield a dynamax form of its own like if it were the team's mega mon.

The Terastalization rework is the one I am most excited about. It definitely keeps the imo most healthy aspect of Tera being the ability to fully customize a team against multiple threats while also decreasing the potential for it to drive mons into an unhealthy state. I do like how thanks to the added defensive buff of Tera against Dynamax the two mechanics can serve to check each other.

Overall I think it would be best to wait for coding and playtesting to take place in order to see what currently works in the meta rather than go blindly buffing or nerfing stuff just yet. Perhaps a couple of room tests?

to theorymon briefly about the gmax forms, i do want to stress that all the ability changes or g-max move effects outlined in my proposal should just be taken as suggestions, because there is one that i kind of didn't think too hard about until just now, which is g-max lapras with ice scales:

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Dynamax Lapras: 207-244 (22.3 - 26.3%) -- 14.4% chance to 4HKO

yyyeah that's probably gotta change. now granted, g-max mons can't set up beyond using max moves (so at most one stage at a time), and they also lose all their status moves for max guard which means no recovery unless you're alcremie or snorlax, which is why i figured giving mons like corviknight permanently doubled HP was fine (oh boy, max knuckle and max airstream off of 87 attack!), but still i think the best uses of the gigantamax forms in particular will be defensive ones. it's hard to overstate just how fat mons like copperajah, duraludon, coalossal, snorlax, and orbeetle become, especially with abilities like copperajah's stamina or coalossal's earth eater. wish support and hazard control will probably be valuable in keeping them alive.

conversely, i don't think the ones for offensive mons will do especially well, because the stat resetting, item restriction, and overall weaker max moves just really eat into their raw power. sure, i could run g-max cinderace, but banded pyro ball hits harder than g-max fireball and you lose libero and can't use boots or pivot, so why would i? the best offensive users will still probably be things that can exploit max geyser with swift swim or things like that. to that point i suspect the reduced damage tera mons take from dynamaxed pokemon will prooobably not be necessary, but we'll see.

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Disclaimer: I couldn't find anything regarding on Dmax/Gmax Pokemon's HP changes and immunity to phazing, so in this post I'm assuming that both still remain with the mechanic changes.

Gonna echo what I said on Discord. Regular Dynamax and Terastal will remain the same in most cases, the only difference being that both mechanics are easier to check and less game deciding, more in Dynamax's case. Dynamax requiring an item and removing set-up is also a huge blow to offensive Pokemon. I will say that Terastal got off pretty easy. Sure, the power drops are significant but not super impactful as giving up an item for a mechanic that lost its flexibility. Terastal will still be strong since changing type match-ups is what gives the mechanic so much of its strength.

G-Max on the other hand is really interesting. They work like Megas in a way and open up some unique strategies. The only drawback is, again, the inability to hold an item. However, unlike D-Max, you can select a dedicated Pokemon and instantly G-Max it, again like a Mega. Changing abilities and keeping 3/4 of the original movepool is honestly what makes this mechanic so much better than regular D-Max, although not all of them are created equally.

Here are the Pokemon that are the best imo. I'm gonna talk about some dexited Pokemon, assuming that they will be added to the mod due to their G-Max formes. I will also use all moves that they have access to in NatDex, idk if anything of this is applicable.

:venusaur-gmax: - Leech Seed effect on a strong attacking move is great and with Flower Veil making it immune to Burns is pretty great against Scald. Just sad that it needs to be a special attacker to function with its G-Max move. Swords Dance can still work with Power Whip, EQ and Knock.
:blastoise-gmax: - Cannonade giving this thing Leftovers is nice and with Bulletproof it is a good answer to Gholdengo and it can generally holds in own in that match-up.
:pikachu-gmax: - Huge Power replaces and with Volt Crash being stronger and having no recoil, Pikachu has a niche imo. At the end of the day, it's still Pikachu but it can tank a hit, hits stronger with Volt Crash and having great moves in Knock and Espeed is useful. Probably a meme pick, but it has potential.
:kingler-gmax: - Another meme pick, but having Anger Shell and actually having decent stats unlike Klawf, this Pokemon can do some damage. Foam Burst also gets boosted by Sheer Force which is phenominal. It's still rather slow with 75 base speed, so even +1 isn't fast but I think against a weakened or unprepared team, this will do pretty well.
:lapras-gmax: - Thank God, this does not have Aurora Veil effects. However, strong Freeze-Dry and Ice Scales is pretty nasty. It does not have recovery and it is weak to Stealth Rock which will hold it back, but it can solidly check Pokemon despite that and is a nightmare for Water-types.
:snorlax-gmax: - Ngl, this is the best imo. Snorlax always had longevity issues and Replenish can actually replace a "useless" item with a good one. Gaining a form of recovery after using your strong STAB is great and combine this with Curse, Rest and Sap Sipper, which annoys Amoonguss, Ogerpon and Rillaboom. With the Dmax bulk, I think that this Pokemon will outclass Blissey in 90% of all teams.
:garbodor-gmax: - This Pokemon gets annoyed by Steels pretty hard, but having a Pokemon that spreads Poison so easily is phenominal. Knock Off and Spikes are also great support options for it. This one's really niche but has potential.
:rillaboom-gmax: - Drum Solo is stupid strong and with Grass Pelt, this Pokemon can set-up on many Pokemon. It cannot abuse Grassy Glide as well as it wants to due to it loosing the ability, but it can still work late game, or Rillaboom can focus on SD breaking with its strong new STAB. Although, regular Rilla is better most of the time.
:cinderace-gmax: - The issue that this Pokemon has is its Stealth Rock weakness, but I think the Gmax forme has more value than Rillas Gmax forme. Protean is great and all, but it cannot fully abuse it anymore. Fireball is great for an SD set since it can hit Unaware Pokemon like Clodsire, Clefable or Tera Dozo and Dirge, while Heatran does not want to switch into it either.
:corviknight-gmax: - Gholdengo. The reason why you'd want to use this Pokemon. Okay the added bulk and Iron Barbs is also great. Missing Leftovers is pretty nasty for it, but gaining the ability to remove hazards in a desperate situation is nice and you get extra bulk.
:coalossal-gmax: - Gaining an immunity to EQ is extremely good against Pokemon like Clodsire, Dragonite, Gliscor and Ting-Lu. Volcalith also making the target weaker to Fire is also great against those Grounds (ik Dnite isn't Ground shut up), or against neutral Pokemon.
:hatterene-gmax: Unlike Grimmsnarl, which really prefers Light Clay, Hatterene makes better use of its G-Max. Gaining more special bulk with Light Screen is nice if it wants to use it for its own purposes but Light Screen and status absorption is great team support. It can use the effects of Magic Bounce until the late game, until a point where it can set-up a Light Screen and make one of its teammates sweep.

I don't want to touch on the other Pokemon because they either suck, smth like Appletun or Sandaconda, their G-Max doesn't improve them in a meaningful way, like Charizard or Gengar, or their base forme is better with the freedom of an item, Urshifus and Melmetal for example.

I'm excited for the mod and its meta, this stuff really looks interesting.

Changing abilities and keeping 3/4 of the original movepool is honestly what makes this mechanic so much better than regular D-Max, although not all of them are created equally.
just want to address this point because i think it's a misconception - my intent was that the rest of the movepool still becomes max moves for g-maxes. i think quite a few of them would wind up too powerful if they were allowed to retain their standard movepool.

G-Luke

Utilizing said time that we have, I wanted to address certain things.

just want to address this point because i think it's a misconception - my intent was that the rest of the movepool still becomes max moves for g-maxes. i think quite a few of them would wind up too powerful if they were allowed to retain their standard movepool.
How does this work for PP? Are these Pokémon stuck with 3 PP moves? And more importantly, how can G-Max Replentish be coded? It relies on being abke to replace the Wishing Stone as an item, but for coding purposes said item is most likely going to be treated ala Mega Stone, Z-Crystal or Primal Orb. So how will you be able to code that while still maintaining Replentish's effect?

max moves inherit the original move's PP, so i don't think PP is an issue. regarding g-max replenish, i believe the way item-manipulating effects are coded into showdown should allow for snorlax's wishing stone to be destroyed by g-max replenish; the wishing stone would just need to have an exception in its onTakeItem function similar to the ones that disallow mega stones from being removed on their users in items.ts. have onTakeItem return false for wishing stones unless the species is snorlax-gmax (and if possible only if the effect is specifically from g-max replenish, but i know for certain the first part should work).

(edit: that may not even be necessary; the clearItem function might be enough to remove its wishing stone, after which it just needs to receive a sitrus berry)

G-Luke

Phase 2

We will be moving forward to phase two of TeraMax. This Phase will be based around balancing the existing Pokémon around the mechanics at large.​

Available Pokémon in Dex
Galar Regional Dex
Paldea Regional Dex + 7 Star Raid Pokémon (pre-home)
Hisuian Zoroark

The starting Banlist is as follows
- Miraidon
- Koraidon
- Zacian
- Zamazenta-Crowned
- Zacian-Crowned
- Eternatus
- Moody
- Arena Trap
- Shed Tail
- Last Respects
- Shadow Tag
- Sand Veil
- Snow Cloak
- King's Rock

All Smogon wide clauses apply

With context with what Pokémon are available

Slate 1: Quickbans

:ss/flutter-mane::ss/iron-bundle::ss/palafin::ss/annihilape::ss/darmanitan-galar::ss/dracovish:

These Pokémon are the most notorious Pokemon to debut within their given generations, and we want them to be balanced in order to get a chance at playing in our metagame.​

Restrictions

:Flutter-Mane:
- Must remain 570 BST, and all stats must be odd
- Must be part Ghost
- Can only have Protosynthesis as an ability

:Iron-Bundle:
- Must remain 570 BST, and all stats must be even
- Must be part Ice
- Can only have Quark Drive as an ability

:palafin::palafin-hero:
- Must be part Water
- Must have Zero to Hero* as it's sole ability

:Annihilape:
- Must keep one of its typings
- Must keep Rage Fist* in it's moveset

:Darmanitan-Galar:
- Must remain 480 BST
- Must keep it's abilities*

:Dracovish:
- Must remain Water / Dragon
- Must keep Fisheous Rend* in it's moveset

*You are free to modify or alter these elements to balance them.

This slate will continue until October 19th, after which we will have 24 Hours of vetoes and we move into voting. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
:sv/flutter mane:
Name: Flutter Mane
Type:

Abilities: Unchanged
Stats: 87 / 57 / 57 / 107 / 135 / 127
New Moves: Taunt, Roost
Removed Moves: Calm Mind
Justification: I think Flutter Mane typing is nice for the meta, but its biggest issue was both 1. Its ability to use Calm Mind to just bypass mons that would otherwise check it, and 2. its incredibly minmaxed stats. This attempt at nerfing Flutter Mane essentially keeps its role of fast fairy type while heavily reducing its firepower, as well as increasing its bulk to make it are more versatile mon like it is in VGC.

:sv/Iron Bundle:
Name: Iron bundle
Type:

Abilities: Unchanged
Stats: 56 / 92 / 134 / 124 / 60 / 104
New Moves: Defog, Roost, Spikes
Removed Moves: None
Justification: I love bundle but mon was sort of crazy with its hard hitting stabs and inmense natural speed. Decided that out of the two things I liked about bundle the most was its great dual stabs, its speed is nowhere as absord as it was before, but it makes it work thanks to outspeed key mons like Chomp, Zapdos and other without being too oppresive. Added moves are imported from Delibird's surprisingly good support movepool.

:sv/annihilape:
Name: Annihilape
Type: Ghost/Fighting
Abilities: Vital Spirit, Inner Focus / Defiant (HA)
Stats: 85/125/90/50/90/80
New Moves: Rage Fist* - 80 bp physical move, power doubles if user is damaged by the target (payback clone)
Removed Moves: None.
Justification: I really doubt Annihilape is any sort of broken without Rage Fist, so i made a somewhat more situational clone of the move. Allows for easy counterplay to setup ape like Whirlwind, Toxic or Haze. Decreased speed and incremented attack to make it more of a wall breaker.

:sv/Palafin::sv/palafin-hero:
Name: Palafin-Zero | Palafin-Hero
Type: Water | Water / Fighting
Stats: 100 / 70 / 72 / 53 / 62 / 100 | 100 / 100 / 135 / 83 / 92 / 60
Abilities: Zero to Hero (Adds the fighting type as well as changing its stats.)
New Moves: Superpower
Removed Moves: Bulk Up, Close Combat
Justification: Vaporemons Crab reference. Made Palafin into less of a straight offensive pressence, now its more of a very serviceable tank, especially with the speed nerf. Great bulk and movepool might make it a common dynamax recipient, but its power has been decreased to the point that defensive answers are significantly easier to find.

:ss/Darmanitan-Galar: :ss/Darmanitan-Galar-Zen:
Name: Darmanitan-Galar | Darmanitan-Galar-Zen
Type: Ice
Stats: Unchanged
Abilities: Gorilla Tactics (Deals x1.3 extra damage to Dynamaxed / Terastalized Pokémon, but deals x0.8 damage if it is Dynamaxed / Terastalized itself ) / Zen Mode (H)
New Moves: Ice Spinner
Removed Moves:
Justification:
Gimmick killer to have at the back. Otherwise you have a nice scarfer to throw out powerful physical attacks.

Last edited:
:ss/dracovish:

Name: Dracovish
Type: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Strong Jaw/ Sand Rush
Stats: 90 / 85 / 80 / 110 / 75 / 65 (-5 atk, -20 def, + 40 spa, -5 spd, -10 speed
New Moves: Trailblaze, Ice Beam
Removed Moves: Scald
Justification: With the overall Tera Nerf, Dracovish is a lot less powerful with Tera. Combining that with an attack drop makes it a lot more favorable to face. However I will throw a few things in dracovishes way to not completely ruin it, Being Trailblaze, and a somewhat large special attack buff, to encourage mixed sets. I feel like with the bulk drop and the slight attack nerf, there will be more variety in dracovish sets (and more sand usage)
Now is 75 BP

:sv/annihilape:

Type: Ghost/Fighting
Abilities: Vital Spirit, Inner Focus / Defiant (HA)
Stats: 85/115/70/70/80/115
New Moves: none
Removed Moves: Shadow Claw
Justification: Still very potent as it is a ghost Fighting type, but now it has to rely on middling bulk to use its ghost stab, but other than that, still a strong mon.

BP now is capped at 200 . Yes this is the vaporemons change but I don’t care it works and it is good

:sv/palafin: :sv/palafin-hero:

Name: Palafin
Type: Water
Abilities: Zero to Hero
Stats: 90 / 55 / 67 / 63 / 57 / 90 || 90/145/92/116/82/90
New Moves: Agility
Removed Moves:
Justification: an overall all stats down will inhibit it, along with the fundamental change to zero to hero to encourage more stationary sets rather than banded wave crash jet punch

Now switches inbetween forms each time Palafin enters the field

:ss/darmanitan-galar: :ss/darmanitan-galar-zen:

Name: Darmanitan-Galar
Type: Ice
Abilities: Gorilla Tactics / Zen Mode (HA)
Stats: 105/140/55/30/55/95
New Moves: Agility
Removed Moves:
Justification: Make zen mode viable… anyways this nerfs the (considerably) more broken form, and buffs the (considerably) worse form. It’s simple but it works

boost is now 1.3x. What more do you want

After Activation, the transformation lasts for the remainder of the game

:sv/iron-bundle:

Name: Iron Bundle
Type: Ice/Steel
Abilities: Quark Drive
Stats: 66 / 80 / 114 / 124 / 60 / 126
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Steel Beam, Steel Wing, Shift Gear, Rapid Spin, Light Screen, Reflect
Removed Moves: Hydro Pump, Flip Turn, Rain Dance, Water Pulse, Whirlpool,
Justification: Makes it unable to touch steel and fire types, but still has silly bundle shenanigans available. Rapid spin was added to give it something after losing its main stab, along with screens to make it a usable screener

:sv/flutter-mane:

Type: Ghost/Fairy
Stats: 55 / 55 / 55 / 115 / 165 / 125
New Moves:
Removed Moves: Moonblast
Justification: stab move fail, removing the most spammable stab of flutter mane + stats down in a way that forces it to invest weird on certian sets

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/flutter mane:
Type:

Abilities: Protosynthesis
Stats: 85 / 55 / 77 / 121 / 117 / 115
New Moves: N/A
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: Very harsh nerf on Flutter Mane, taking its coveted Fairy-STAB and minmaxing, but it has a lot of coverage and can still sweep with Booster + Calm mind

:ss/flutter-mane:
Type: Ghost / Flying
Stats: 65 / 65 / 65 / 125 / 125 / 125
New Moves: Defog, Air Slash, Bleakwind Storm
Removed Moves: Calm Mind
Justification: I expect most Flutter Mane subs will keep the typing the same, so I don't necessarily think this is the best idea but it's different. Flutter Mane loses a little speed and power and has a "worse" typing (in the sense that Ghost / Fairy is absurdly good), but it does have Max Airstream access now, which is something. Calm Mind removed to make sure it can't snowball too hard, and it now has a Stealth Rock weakness, but it is actually a surprisingly potent Dynamax user - Mystical Fire into Max Flare activates Protosynthesis, and Max Airstream boosts its Speed.

:ss/iron-bundle:
Type: Ice / Water
Stats: 66 / 94 / 124 / 80 / 70 / 136
New Moves: Liquidation
Justification: Swapping IB to physical does a lot to fix it. Has to go mixed if it wants to run a (much weaker) Freeze-Dry, and the power drop from Hydro Pump to Liquidation is really significant - Ice Beam to Ice Spinner is less significant but still a hit too. Bulky Waters are a lot more able to check it now.

:ss/palafin::ss/palafin-hero:
Name: Palafin-Zero | Palafin-Hero
Type: Water
Stats: 100 / 70 / 72 / 53 / 62 / 100 | 100 / 130 / 97 / 106 / 87 / 100
Abilities: Zero to Hero
New Moves: None
Removed Moves: Taunt, Bulk Up
Justification: The drop to Attack in combination with the loss of some of its best tools turns ol' Finny into more or less a straight up breaker.

:ss/annihilape:
Type: Fighting / Ghost
Stats: 110 / 115 / 80 / 50 / 90 / 90
Abilities: Perish Body
New / Changed Moves: Rage Fist (caps at 200)
Removed Moves: Drain Punch
Justification: This one's wild. Annihilape is now significantly less capable of doing its usual bullshit where it clicks Bulk Up and Drain Punch and ends games, because Perish Body means it can't set up and it loses its easy recovery move. That along with a Rage Fist nerf should hopefully keep it in check.

:ss/darmanitan-galar:
Name: Darmanitan-Galar | Darmanitan-Galar-Zen
Type: Ice / Fire (both)
Stats: 105 / 140 / 55 / 30 / 55 / 95 | 105 / 30 / 75 / 140 / 75 / 115
Abilities: Gorilla Tactics (Solar Power clone for Attack and during snow and hail) / Zen Mode (H)
New Moves: Ice Spinner
Justification: Gorilla Tactics is now kind of bad and Stealth Rock completely fucks it over. But, hilariously, if you want to run Zen Mode, you can switch in with rocks up to instantly transform.

Type: Water / Dragon
Stats: 90 / 90 / 100 / 70 / 80 / 75
Abilities: Water Absorb / Strong Jaw / Sand Rush (H)
New / Changed Moves: Fishious Rend (doubles in power when moving second instead of first, Payback rules)
Justification: Nothing complicated. Vish still has its insane power, but now it needs to be outsped to have that power, so it's inherently much easier to play around. Also, since it's Payback rules, no boost if the opponent switches out.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Type:

Stats: 90 / 90 / 100 / 80 / 90 / 55
Abilities: Water Absorb / Strong Jaw / Sand Rush
New / Changed Moves: Fishious Rend (No longer a biting move), Ice Beam, Tera Blast
Justification: Fairly simple, Vish now has Arctovish's much slower stat spread and Strong Jaw doesn't boost Fishious Rend anymore, making Vish much easier to handle both offensively since it's not as good as a Scarfer and defensively since Fishious isn't nearly as strong. Maybe leans into Sand Rush more now.

:ss/darmanitan-galar:
Type:
(Zen:
)
Stats: 105 / 140 / 55 / 20 / 55 / 105 (Base), 105 / 160 / 60 / 20 / 60 / 135 (Zen)
Abilities: Gorilla Tactics / Zen Mode
New / Changed Moves: Gorilla Tactics (This Pokemon's moves no longer make contact or cause recoil damage (except for Struggle)), Ice Spinner, Icicle Spear, Ice Hammer, Double-Edge, Tera Blast
Removed Moves: Icicle Crash
Justification: Tried to lean more into G-Darm being an offensive pivot with some power to make it stand out from the nuke Unovan Darm is. Gorilla Tactics helps with in this role greatly, preventing recoil from Flare Blitz and protecting GDarm from stuff like Static, Rocky Helmet, and Flame Body, giving it a lot more longeivty. +10 Speed helps a lot with being a pivot, now outspeed stuff like Garchomp, Gapdos, and Sandy Shocks. Removed Icicle Crash to encourage it to use GTactics' benefits more and also not having to deal with flinches is nice.

:ss/iron bundle:
Type:

Stats: 56 / 92 / 114 / 116 / 64 / 128
New / Changed Moves: Surf, Defog, Haze, Destiny Bond, Fake Out
Removed Moves: Freeze-Dry, Hydro Pump
Justification: Without Freeze-Dry, Bundle can't hit Waters at all, without Hydro Pump it doesn't have a ludicrously powerful STAB move, and with slightly less Special Attack it won't hit as hard with the moves it does have. Also is very slightly slower, still being super fast, the 3rd fastest relevant mon behind Dragapult and Barraskewda, but now it's outsped by 70 Speed Scarfers. Defog gives it a nice bit of utility to go along with stuff like Encore and Taunt. Destiny Bond and Fake Out are just a couple interesting moves with very limited niches that Delibird learns that Bundle currently doesn't.

Last edited:
:sv/dracovish:
Type: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Water Absorb / Regenerator (H: Sand Rush)
Stats: 90 / 90 / 100 / 70 / 80 / 75 (Unchanged)
New Moves: Ice Spinner, Tera Blast
Justification: Looses the biggest problem in Strong Jaw for a slightly weak power output. Gets Regen so it can remain healthy while blasting off huge attacks.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Type:

Stats: 115 / 115 / 80 / 50 / 90 / 95
Abilities: Inner Focus / Cursed Body | HA: Anger Point
New / Changed Moves: Knock Off, Shadow Sneak, Will-O-Wisp, Rage Fist*
*Rage Fist - Resets to one count (100 BP) if it switches out after gaining BP boosts.
Removed Moves: Bulk Up
Justification: Annihilape is now less focused on slow but unpunishable set up, and is now focused on being a strong offensive utility mon with alot of bulk and alot of menace. It still has the ridiculous snowballing potential of Rage Fist, but if you force it out, you get a chance to be relieved of its overwhelming power. No STAB on Drain Punch and no Bulk Up also heavily impacts its longevity as you need boosts in both Attack and Bulk AND the STAB bonus to sustain itself to rack up Rage Fist boosts.

:ss/darmanitan-galar::ss/darmanitan-galar-zen:
Type:
|

Stats: 105 / 140 / 55 / 30 / 55 / 95 (Base) | 105 / 55 / 65 / 120 / 65 / 130 (Zen)
Abilities: Gorilla Tactics* | HA: Zen Mode*
Gorilla Tactics - Same effects as in standard, but disables your item slot.
Zen Mode - Transforms at the start of the turn if it selects a special move.
New / Changed Moves: Tera Blast, Ice Spinner, Ice Shard, Lava Plume
Justification: Gorilla Tactics gets a massive caveat to it's usage, essentially forgetting an item slot, which makes the idea that it can either stack Band boosts or run Scarf into a liability, and it will be perma weak to hazards too, keeping it in check. On the flip side, Zen Mode gives teams a past paced offensive breaker with a different alignment being faster and specially biased. 130 Speed is high but isn't something too much to handle, and 120 unboosted can revenge kill many threats but may feel left out as a strict wallbreaker, especially with slim picking coverage wise.

:ss/iron-bundle:
Type:

Stats: 56 / 92 / 118 / 120 / 64 / 120
New / Changed Moves: Spikes, Hurricane, Air Slash, Surf, Defog, Discharge, Roost
Removed Moves: Hydro Pump, Flip Turn, Encore, Freeze Dry
Justification: Ice Flying is a sketchy typing, but Iron Bundle pulls it off splendidly. Hurricane + Ice Beam + Discharge is powerful stuff, with Surf being in the background. Ice Flying makes it hard to run Booster Energy to be even more potentially problematic.

:ss/Flutter-Mane:
Type:

Stats: 65 / 95 / 55 / 115 / 135 / 105
New / Changed Moves: Bug Buzz, U-turn, Skitter Smack, Quiver Dance, First Impression, Rage Powder, Giga Drain, Leech Life, Bug Bite, Struggle Bug, Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun
Removed Moves: Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Charm, Misty Terrain
Justification: I did it. I made a bug. Flutter Mane being a Bug type makes so much sense I had to implement it into the mon itself, and what's the best way to guarantee you're Bug type is viable? Grant it Quiver Dance! Now Flutter can be a cool set up sweeper held in check by it not really having that spectacular of a movepool. It can basically set up on any special attacker thiugh, which will prove quite useful of a trait to have. Its stat spread can also lead to some....colorful interactions with Booster Energy in Sun.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Type:

Stats: 130 / 115 / 70 / 75 / 50 / 95 | 535
Abilities: Vital Spirit / Cursed Body / Iron Fist
New Moves: Knock Off, Strength Sap
Rage Fist - +25 power for each time the user was hit, max 350 BP. Damages itself for HP equal to the BP of this move.
Removed Moves: Bulk Up
Justification: weird offensive pivot or wallbreaker

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)