Terrador14 vs Flora ref: gk

Status
Not open for further replies.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi

Terrador14 said:
1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ, 2 days for ref
2 recovers/5 chills/1 sleep move

Arena: the Colosseum. Yes, the one in Rome. If the emperor (ref) deems the battle too uneventful, wild pokemon may be released from their cages in order to add some oomph to the fight.

Also, it would be preferred if whoever accepts be someone who hangs out on #capasb; it just makes life so much easier.

no switch
no items
all abilities
terrador is using his Dratini

Dratini [Opus] [Male]
Nature: Hasty (+ Spd - SDef)

Type: Dragon
Summary: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: ***
Def: *(-)
SAtk: **
SDef: **
Spd: 58 (+)

EC: 0/4/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Ability 1: Shed Skin
Type: Innate: This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Ability 2: Marvel Scale (DW)
Type: Innate: This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Attacks:
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility

Dragon Rush
Dragon Pulse
Extremespeed

Fire Blast
Blizzard
Thunder

so flora can just post her pokemon with actions

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay GK, I'll try to be a bit more creative unless I'm losing or my Pokemon can't be creative.

Go Lily!

Lileep (Lily) (F)
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe).

Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 20 (-)

EC: 5/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Suction Cup: (Innate) This Pokemon has sticky suction cups that anchor down to prevent it from being moved or scared away by Roar or Whirlwind. It will hold its ground against Dragon Tail and Overhead Throw and will not be forced out in a switch battle.
Storm Drain (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
Astonish
Constrict
Acid
Ingrain
Confuse Ray

Rock Slide
Sludge Bomb
Sandstorm
Giga Drain

Recover
Mirror Coat
Wring Out

Okay, you're slow as hell, but don't let that thought get into you, because you're awesome as hell as well! I want you to summon a Sandstorm into the arena right away, because I think it'll be pretty useful. Then, put up an Ingrain to absorb some nutrients. End with a Confuse Ray to get some hax in! For your alternative, Lily, I want you to swap Action 3 for Mirror Coat if Opus uses Blizzard.

Sandstorm - Ingrain - Confuse Ray, sub Mirror Coat for Action 3 if Blizzard

Terrador certainly liked the look of this battle - although Flora's Lileep had the statistical advantage, he was confident that he could gain the upper hand this round.

"All right, Opus! First, I want you to use Blizzard to deal some icy justice to this plant thing! Next, I want you to use Dragon Rush - Blizzard may hit a little harder, but I don't want you wasting all of your energy just yet! Finally, I want you to use Extremespeed to get around to the back of the Lileep; given that it's Ingrained, you should be able to dodge the Confuse Ray!"

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sorry, i'm usually good with my updates :(

Lileep (Lily) (F)
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Boosts/Other: Nope

Dratini [Opus] [Male]
HP: 90
Energy: 100
Boosts/Other: Nope

Opus Blizzard 15 HP 8 Energy, Lily Sandstorm 9 Energy
Opus Dragon Rush 13 HP 6 Energy, Lily Ingrain 8 Energy
Opus Extremespeed 5 HP 6 Energy, Lily Confuse Ray 5 Energy

All special attacks on Lily do 2 less damage

Ingrain: 6 HP
Sandstorm: 6 HP

The crowd roars as two new gladiators enter the arena, Lily the Lileep and Opus the Dratini, this fight to the death is sure to see some blood! Making things interesting from the start, Opus rushes Lily before firing an icy cold Blizzard at the prehistoric tree thingy! She doesn't seem to mind the cold too much as she makes the arena more homely, creating a Sandstorm that rages across the Colosseum... this will surely make the emperor quite angry, since he cannot see the action. Nonetheless, the crowd loves the violent atmosphere the sand gives, they scream as Opus rushes towards Lily with a Dragon Rush that knocks her back a few paces! The tree has other plans as she takes root with an Ingrain that will be sure to prolong the battle and give her some momentum. Sensing immediate danger, Opus closes in on Lily again with Extremespeed, but the effort is for nothing as she bends around and uses Confuse Ray on her poor, misguided opponent. The crowd loves the action, but the emperor is quickly becoming bored, he might need to wet things down soon...

Lileep (Lily) (F)
HP: 73
Energy: 78
Boosts/Other: Ingrained

Dratini [Opus] [Male]
HP: 84
Energy: 80
Boosts/Other: Confused 3 more actions

the confuse ray hit because lileep's neck thing looks like it can bend any which way :S

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Awesome job Lily (and GK)! <3 Let's keep up the pace... slowly.

Reading Sandstorm's description, there are apparently flying gavels and rocks around here, and many of them will definitely settle down onto the floor. You know where I'm getting at, right Lily? You can use Rock Slide! However, let's do something before sliding those rocks down. Begin by throwing a Sludge Bomb at that dragon to hopefully get some poison in, then crumble down the Rock Slide! Afterward, regain some health with 1 of your 2 Recovers. Let's also see some calcs...

rock slide: 8 + 3 + (3-1 x 1.5) = 14 damage
giga drain: 8 + 3 + (3-2 x 1.5) x .67 = 8 damage/4 hp healed
sludge bomb: 9 + (3-2 x 1.5) = 10.5 damage
wring out: 84/10 = 8.4 + 4 = 12.4 + (3-2 x 1.5) = 13.9

meh, wring out seems cool but it costs 9 energy...

Sludge Bomb - Rock Slide - Recover!

little gk

competitive oosos player
we're passed midnight and I have a promise to keep, so this might be a bit small..

Lileep (Lily) (F)
HP: 73
Energy: 78

Dratini [Opus] [Male]
HP: 84
Energy: 80
Boosts/Other: Confused 3 more actions

Opus Dragon Rush 13 HP 6 Energy, Lily Sludge Bomb 11 HP 7 Energy
Opus hit self 7 HP, Lily Rock Slide 14 HP 5 Energy
Opus Dragon Rush 13 HP 6 Energy, Lily Recover +20 HP 12 Energy

Sandstorm: 6 HP
Ingrain: 9 HP

As a benevolent emperor, this round will not include the appearance of wild Pokemon because he is both lazy and tired. Nonetheless, the crowd enjoys the sandstorm raging in the great stadium, relishing the destruction of what is around them. Opus, having an entirely different opinion Dragon Rushes at the ingrained Lily while she spews a Sludge Bomb at the thoroughly confused dragon. As he turns around to face his opponent, he hurls himself at a rather large rock, hitting himself in confusion. Adding to the fun, Lily throws more rocks at him, using Rock Slide. Regaining some sense, Opus is able to focus enough to Dragon Rush Lily again. He is distraught, however, as it appears as though Lily is in a better state than she started the round in by using Recover.

Lileep (Lily) (F)
HP: 76
Energy: 54

Dratini [Opus] [Male]
HP: 46
Energy: 68
Boosts/Other:

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
This looks awesome. :D

Lily, let's attempt to end this!

Rock Slide - Sludge Bomb - Rock Slide

so that would actually leave Dratini with 1 hp

little gk

competitive oosos player

Lileep (Lily) (F)
HP: 76
Energy: 54

Dratini [Opus] [Male]
HP: 46
Energy: 68
Boosts/Other:

Opus Thunder Wave 6 Energy, Lily Rock Slide 14 HP 5 Energy
Opus Dragon Rush 13 HP 6 Energy, Lily Sludge Bomb 11 HP 7 Energy
Opus Dragon Rush 13 HP 10 Energy, Lily Rock Slide 14 HP 5 Energy

Sandstorm: 6 HP [Opus]

Lily, expecting to continue her onslaught of attacks, finds some rocks just beyond her reach. So, absentmindedly, she uproots herself and uses said rocks to use Rock Slide at Opus the struggling dragon as he sends a faint Thunder Wave towards her. As neither Pokemon experiences fear or a seizure of muscle, they continue their battle as the crowd yells for blood. Opus, hearing these chants Dragon Rushes her suddenly slower opponent. Thankfully for Lily, her low center of gravity allows her to slowly respond with a Sludge Bomb that not only leaves Opus coughing, but the first row of spectators in front of them! As the angry row throws trash in the stadium, Opus, consumed by a blood-lust, Dragon Rushes the prehistoric plant once again. Seeing her arena covered in trash, Lily begins to hate those around her for the pollution they bring. In an attempt to crush the trash, the spectators, and Opus, Lily fires one more Rock Slide at her opponent, crushing him under one rather large boulder, struggling to free himself.

Lileep (Lily) (F)
HP: 50
Energy: 37
Boosts/Other: No Roots, paralyzed 20%

Dratini [Opus] [Male]
HP: 1
Energy: 46
Boosts/Other: finding god

really weird to see such a little amount of hax in this battle lol

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
I'll admit it, I posted thinking it was my actions. C/Ping...

So next round is round 4. Sandstorm should still be up. Lily, you've done excellent. Now the hard part is finding the best move to finish Opus with. Oh, I got it. Use Constrict! Strangle that little worm-like creature within the tentacles!

Constrict - chill - chill

little gk

competitive oosos player

Lileep (Lily) (F)
HP: 50

Dratini [Opus] [Male]
HP: 1

As Opus lay lying in the swirling sand around him, he hatches a desperate plan to save himself while Lily sways triumphantly, expecting an easy round, giving the crowd exactly what they wanted. She slowly creeps towards her prey when she is hit with something reminiscent of an Ice Age Blizzard, sending chills down her spine and forcing her to remember the near extinction of her kind, paralyzing her in fear. As Opus grins with the possibility of redemption, a grain of sand lodges itself in his eye, knocking him out and ending the battle.

Lileep (Lily) (F)
HP: 30something

Dratini [Opus] [Male]
HP: 0

So, constrict did hit, this was just less boring

both trainers get 2 tc etc
Opus gets 1 EC/DC and 2 MC
Lily gets 1 EC/DC/KO Counter and 2 MC

sorry about my sporadic activity :x

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Thanks GK for the reffing and Terrador for evolving leepleep! <3

Also, I love the flavor here. =D

And np about the activity.

Yeah, GK, it was no problem at all. Thanks for bothering to ref.

Also, Flora, thanks for playing. 'twas fun; pity that there really wasn't much of a creative way around thsoe amazing defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)