That HO team

So I made this team out of the thought of being the very best (lol) and I've laddered a lot with it and it doesn't disappoint me half the time, I made it around Magmortar.

Wingman (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Wingman is the dedicated lead responsible for setting Stealth Rock and using its 130 base Speed for a fast Taunt to prevent the opponent from doing the same, as well as preventing other lead strategies such as Dual Screens. Fire Fang is used instead of the predictable Earthquake to punish Durant, as it seems to be a common switch-in. It also hits Escavalier for respectable damage. Stone Edge is the preferred STAB attack instead of Rock Slide for the boost in power. 252EVs are put into Attack instead of HP so that Aerodactyl can be of further use as a hard-hitting attacker after it has done its job as a hazard layer/anti-lead.

Aerodactyl Fire Fang vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 236-280 (68.8 - 81.63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Aerodactyl Fire Fang vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Durant: 224-264 (86.82 - 102.32%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mt. Mortar (Magmortar) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 5 HP
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mt. Mortar is the special powerhouse of the team, and he doesn't mess around. STAB Fire Blast puts a nice dent in anything that doesn't resist it, and Thunderbolt is for Water types that do.
Substitute is used for extra security as a vulnerable foe is fleeing, and works wonders in aiding offense. It has Hidden Power Grass to nail Quagsire and Omastar hard on the switch-in, and also is a 2HKO on Lanturn, which is a big bonus. Vital Spirit is the preferred ability to stop Lilligant from using Sleep Powder and setting up with Quiver Dance, and also makes Amoonguss quite worthless if it decides to stay in. Expert Belt gives an added boost in power and can initially be used to bluff a Choice item

Knight (Gallade) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spe / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Night Slash

Knight is the physical muscle machine of the team, and after one Swords Dance, it wreaks havoc on pretty much the entire tier. Close Combat and Night Slash have unresisted coverage in RU, and Shadow Sneak picks off whatever survives a +2 hit. Lum Berry is the preferred item to prevent nasty status, such as Burn or Paralysis, that could ruin a sweep.

Lan-Turn (Lanturn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe / 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Here's our defensive pivot. 0 Attack IVs are used to lower the damage outputs of both Foul Play and confusion damage. 0 Speed IVs are used to ensure that Lanturn takes damage instead of the counter that it Volt Switches into. Thunderbolt is there to have a strong STAB Electric attack for when you want to stay in, and also provides the incredible BoltBeam coverage in tandem with Ice Beam. Scald is the preferred STAB Water attack to aid in walling physical attackers with Burn status.

IDareYou (Absol) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Superpower

Next we have IDareYou, and it certainly lives up to its name, by punishing switches with a painful STAB Pursuit and striking hard with STAB Sucker Punch. Psycho Cut is there for the obvious coverage against opposing Fighting types who would otherwise have little to fear, and its high critical hit rate is complimented by the Super Luck ability. Superpower provides unresisted coverage once more, and finalizes the set. With Choice Band and Super Luck, it is guaranteed that this thing will be causing extreme pain to opposing teams

Mowtom (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

The anchor of the team, and also the offensive/disruptive pivot, is the amazing Mowtom. Choice Scarf provides the Speed needed to scout and bring in the appropriate counter to the foe with Volt Switch. Leaf Storm and Thunderbolt provide powerful STAB to devastate the enemy when the time is right, and also creates a trap for Water type foes, due to them having to predict which super effective STAB you will be using, and they will be hard pressed to choose an appropriate switch. Finally, Trick is here to disrupt a troublesome foe so that they are locked into one attack, which can help many members of the team find opportunities to do serious damage.

I hope you like my hyper offense team and my rundown of its workings. Please feel free to give me a rate. All input is welcome here!

~Raichoice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)