SV OU The 50 shades of mudkipnerd™ the Tera Bug Roaring Moon balance (Collab with Fancy1)

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Blue: Fancy1
Red: 1LDK

Ah yes… the famed mudkipnerd vs Finchinator match truly, one for the ages. as someone who got to witness this artwork live I can tell you how the people laughed when mudkipnerd pulled out bug roaring moon, “bug moon is unviable” they said. But I can tell you first hand how wrong they were.

so 1LDK and I (or if written from your pov, Fancy1 and I) decided to tackle that question, is bug moon viable? and so we worked for hours on end to bring you.

The 50 shades of mudkipnerd™ the Tera Bug Roaring Moon balance

:Roaring Moon:
Roaring Moon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch

- Earthquake

roaring moon has proven quite the tera abuser in the meta, with tera steel and tera flying acrobatics. However why would you use that baby garbage when we have bug moon

pros

- buggin out
- stab u-turn
- no longer weak to fighting

cons

- you are now one of the worst typings in the game

anyhow, moon has seen two main sets this gen being band and dragon dance. This sets deviates from that and aims to use moon as more of a revenge killer. The other benefit of scarf is catching your opponent by surprise, since you now outspeed stuff like dragapult which would normally click draco for free. bug u-turn can pretty decently dent holes early / midgame and pivot into other teammates or with a little prediction hit u-turn resistances with an earthquake. EVs are maxed into speed and attack to out-speed the entire unboosted metagame (with scarf) and deal as much damage when revenge killing weakened foes.

:Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

- Psychic

As the wallbreaker of the team, we have Iron Valiant with choice specs, Specs are not a common item on valiant because most people are too busy with Booster Energy shit, us? nah man, we calling little ceasars, $5 dollar hot and ready to destroy everything, Aura Sphere over Focus Blast for the PP and the miss chance, making it more consistent overall, Moonblast for the insane stab alongside tera, who transforms Moonblast into VSHorrorMoon, Psychic for some fighting types and poison types and Shadow Ball for overall coverage, you could potentially run Thunderbolt, but that is more matchup specific, while shadow ball is more general, and as for damage potential? oh man, I just need ONE calc to convince you

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ting-Lu: 410-486 (79.7 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (this is with NO tera btw)

The items of Ruin abilitys are not fully implemented on Showdown, but even if i made the incorrect calc, is ALWAYS a 2HKO, look at that, now just imagine the rest of the meta

:Breloom:
Breloom @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

breloom can serve as a revenge killer as well as a late game sweeper. Mach punch can pickup ko’s on chien-pao and chi-yu. With the aid of loaded dice brelooms bullet seed becomes a terrifying stab move that can be further boosted by swords dance. Spore, in conjunction with s can allow free setup turns on anything slower than breloom. Tera Steel allows for another opportunity to set up spore against foes trying to hit you with a super effective move. EVs max out damage potential and spore potential.

:Corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Trip
- Defog

- Roost

Do you know what happens when you run into so many Gholdengos who just abused you and you want to pull your hair out of pure frustration? somebody eventually somebody realize that they had ENOUGH, and so here we are, with Tera Dark BU Power Trip Corv, now, in case you dont know, Power trip is like stored power but dark type and contact, thats the reason why we have tera dark, because it adds stab, power trip hits overall a wider variety of the meta thanks to the added physical defense once you get 2 BU, you have a shot at OHKO Gholdengo, i have decided to mirrow the Gen 8 OU defog set, because we have a dedicated phisical wall and now corvs are running spedef these days, the 4 speed are for almost always winning the corviknight speed creep war, unless they decided to also invest in speed, but thats resourcefull, and after everyone died, its time to finally defog all those piles of hazards, pure relief

:Clodsire:
Clodsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover

Clodsire serves as another unaware wall for the team walling most special attackers as well as the rocks setter for this team. Toxic can cripple offensive mons without means of healing, and earth quake provides chip damage on opposing mons. Tera dark fully beats chi-yu into the ground. EVs are to be as tanky as possible on the special side

:Dondozo:
Dondozo @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wave Crash
- Curse
- Rest

- Sleep Talk

Last but certaintly not least, we have the father of all phisical walls, dondozo, who has the ability of trivializing Chien Pao and Roaring Moon, that enough makes it worth it, but wait, with Curse, and Rest/Sleep Talk, you can accidentally become a dangerous sweeper, not to mention you become outright unkillable with it on the phisical side, taking minimal damage from recoil wave crash while just slowly killing everything, Tera Fairy makes it so that Breloom cant just wipe the floor with Donzo

Dangers to the team: While we couldnt encounter many counters due to this team being the best of all time, there is some things that you need to expertly plan for

1) :hatterene: is coverage dependant, but who can just clown the entire team if careless, its beatable, you need to be agresive with Breloom and you can also bait her with Moon, thanks to U-Turn and Crunch, its beatable, but you need to use your brain

2) :Torkoal: + :Chi Yu: a good sun team will probably have Specs Chi yu, who has NO counters, you need to play even more agresively so that he doenst have chances to enter safely, Moon is an emergency check, and Loom can revenge kill, but be carefull

Conclussion, shoutouts and pokepast:

https://pokepast.es/9b56737da6ec8996
:Roaring Moon: :Iron Valiant: :Breloom: :Corviknight: :Clodsire: :Dondozo:

This has been a wild experience, filled with suspense, action, masterfully planed production and memes, this is why I need to take the time and do some shoutouts for the people who helped in the project

:Mudkip: MudkipNerd for inspiring this team, this meme, and honeslty the community feels more alive and happy thanks to the battle of the century, this team literally wouldnt exist if it wasnt for you

:Volcarona: AndViet for beliving in me, for adopting me, teaching me how to play, showing me the super pro calculator, being there when i wasnt mentally okay and needed somebody to listen to my incoherent ramblings, and most importantly of all, doing everything so that BU Power Trip Corviknight could succeed

:Slowking: Fancy1 for being the partner in crime, for also being friendly with me, for understanding when i couldnt do stuff out of sheer frustration, and also being a great overall person, its been a pleasure to work with you man, thank you for everything

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1755131913
(dondozo the father truly clutching out here)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1754760612-l70uw59lqldvfb9yi9y21tpjz2hgniupw
(Choice Scarf Meowscarada getting the jump on me)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1754787198
(me being scared of rain but doing just fine, focusing on the water absorb clod and the kilowatrel so that Iron Valiant could sweep)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1754773364 (BU Power Trip Corviknight just being the biggest of giga chads)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1755114536
(Corv sets up on ape 100% free)

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for the shoutout 1LDK and very dope team:

I know this team pretty well and I've seen it action so I'll break down some of the threats I see and suggestions to improve it:

Threats: Sun teams could be a threat like you stated but thankfully you have Roaring Moon with a Choice Scarf so it will outspeed almost everything under the sun (no pun intended). I think regardless of sun Choice Specs Chi-Yu could be annoying and smashes through most this team (Keeping Breloom, Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon alive is important). Espartha could also be problematic if it's behind a substitute which is a popular combo currently with or without Cyclizar, so switching into Breloom and keeping Tera Type Steel intact is your best bet.

Suggestions:

Roaring Moon (Scarf) is honestly an excellent speed check. The only thing that I've suggested (I understand it's for the meme culture) is switching Tera Type into something else like Fairy (Great defensive coverage).

Iron Valiant (Specs), looks good and it's honestly becoming one of my favorite sets for Iron Valiant. It truly hits like a brick, the one suggestion I would say is to go for Psyshock over Psychic so you can hit Clodsire way harder and easily go for the 2HKO.

Breloom is perfect, no changes (especially since I suggested this set lol)

Corviknight's set might be memeable but it works really well and I've seen it sweep in game, I think it's baits Gholdengo so hard and I'm a fan of the set, no suggestions here. Would I recommend it over the standard set, no but I think this set works perfectly in the current metagame, Gholdengo always without a doubt switches in on Coviknight (75% of the time, when opp has Dengo).

Clodsire and Dondozo combo is perfect and I've seen it work magically. I would say maybe go for Heavy-Duty Boots for Dondozo instead of Rocky Helmet because of the constant entry hazard stacking and the issues with clearing it if Gholdengo is blocking you from doing so.

Great job on this team, thank you 1LDK and Fancy1 for posting it!

daily reminder that this team is cracked out of its mind: you can set up corv in grimmsnarls face after teraing, because you are immune to prankster taunt. You can now defog away screens and hazards and set up bulk up for free

(andviet the actual goat for this set)

I am a shit builder so take my suggestions w/ a Grain of salt, but I like Mirror Armor over Pressure in this meta on Corv. Sometimes, Corv will get hit w/ random stat drops from Chien Pao and what not which will really screw it over, so denying those effects w/ Mirror Armor is really handy vs some big threats like Chien-Pao and Gholdengo. Also helps against random chilling water mons like Alolamola and Pex, as well as stat drops from stuff like Tauros, Grimmsnarl, etc. Synergizes well with Power Trip since it'll be much harder to lower the BP of the move. Def a preference thing tho and not a necessary change.

Generally speaking, I don't like running Dodonzo over Pex in this meta since its weakness to hazards is kinda annoying, but I do think it fits this team better. Prob should give it boots as an earlier poster mentioned.

Psyshock > Psychic on valiant, Psyshock is doing like, 80% to clodsire which is the main mon you wanna target w/ that move.

Apart from that, pretty interesting team. Power Trip Corv is certainly something I wanted to try and I have been running your set (with Brave Bird over Defog) and its pretty fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)