Project The Age of Offense: A Teambuilding Workshop [UPDATE PENDING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey can you make a team around Gengar + Porygon-Z? Its a core I've tried to build around for a long time but have not been successful.

gengar.gif
porygon-z.gif

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Agility
- Nasty Plot

Basically Gengar is really good against a variety of playstyles and can use taunt to prevent set-up or recovery while Porygon-Z is a really good wallbreaker which is guaranteed to weaken/kill at least 1 key mon on a slower/bulkier team. I've noticed that this core is really good at beating down steels because even Ferrothorn and Heatran can't take boosted attacks from Porygon-Z:

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 180-212 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 171-202 (44.4 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+4 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 362-426 (56.3 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Feel free to change the sets, and I do not mind how the team turns out as long as it works.

Hey can you make a team around Gengar + Porygon-Z? Its a core I've tried to build around for a long time but have not been successful.

View attachment 43846 View attachment 43847

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Agility
- Nasty Plot

Basically Gengar is really good against a variety of playstyles and can use taunt to prevent set-up or recovery while Porygon-Z is a really good wallbreaker which is guaranteed to weaken/kill at least 1 key mon on a slower/bulkier team. I've noticed that this core is really good at beating down steels because even Ferrothorn and Heatran can't take boosted attacks from Porygon-Z:

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 180-212 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 171-202 (44.4 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+4 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 362-426 (56.3 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Feel free to change the sets, and I do not mind how the team turns out as long as it works.
Honestly, those calls show nothing. At +4 it can 2hko chansey. You know what's gonna happen as you attempt to use nasty plot again? Chansey is going to thunder wave you, then you're really useless, as any weak fighting type move can pick you off. And that's honestly pretty much the best possible situation. Or Chansey can heal off most of the damage while whittling you down slowly w/ seismic toss as paralysis haxes you to death.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Honestly, those calls show nothing. At +4 it can 2hko chansey. You know what's gonna happen as you attempt to use nasty plot again? Chansey is going to thunder wave you, then you're really useless, as any weak fighting type move can pick you off. And that's honestly pretty much the best possible situation. Or Chansey can heal off most of the damage while whittling you down slowly w/ seismic toss as paralysis haxes you to death.
Why would he stay in on Chansey? Chansey does check Porygon-Z, so it's something to account for when building the team. I will agree that it would've been better to provide calcs of Porygon-Z being able to 1-2HKO other bulky things like Hippowdon. I'd probably just use Gengar against steels as it does have Focus Blast, but I guess Porygon-Z does lure steel types out, so the calcs aren't completely useless.

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 225-265 (58.2 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 225-265 (58.2 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 315-371 (94.3 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 317-373 (116.9 - 137.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 214-254 (54.3 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 172-204 (51.8 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Why would he stay in on Chansey? Chansey does check Porygon-Z, so it's something to account for when building the team. I will agree that it would've been better to provide calcs of Porygon-Z being able to 1-2HKO other bulky things like Hippowdon. I'd probably just use Gengar against steels as it does have Focus Blast, but I guess Porygon-Z does lure steel types out, so the calcs aren't completely useless.

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 315-371 (94.3 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 317-373 (116.9 - 137.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 214-254 (54.3 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Silk Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 172-204 (51.8 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's my point exactly- in what situation are you going to be at +4 against a Chansey? And, if you did manage to do so, why would you stay in for the 2hko?

Also I noticed a lot of your squads r the same or similar in team design
To expand on this, I've noticed that most of your offense is the same. You generally have a variant of hazard stack, 1-2 setup sweepers, a wallbreaker, and then the rest is generally either speed control or just more wallbreakers. This is not to say that this is a bad offense design by any means, I'm rather pointing out you generally use either scolipede or klefki for spikes and azelf for stealth rocks
This is a standard basis for a good offense

Setter
Wallbreaker a
Wallbreaker b
Scarfer
Sweeper
Glue

In which tini follows

Setter
Wallbreaker a
Wallbreaker b
Scarfer
Sweeper
Glue

In which tini follows

Setter
Wallbreaker a
Wallbreaker b
Scarfer
Sweeper
Glue

In which tini follows
LOL UR STILL ALIVE
anyway, while that is a good way to build Hyper offense, all I pointed out was the similarity in spike users, not denying that. this is also probably b/c of the lack of good offense spikers tho
EDIT: woops, I really hadn't read that comment in a while. While I did point out his offense being rly similar, its also in part that offense has become rather strict/limited in what u can use

Awesome thread. I noticed that you used Infernape in a lot of your teams. How do you feel about it in OU and which sets do you think are most effective and why?

Me and tini shud be building some teams soon..... Expect fire!!!

Setter
Wallbreaker a
Wallbreaker b
Scarfer
Sweeper
Glue

In which tini follows
I actually don't build with any formula in mind, I just put on mons that I feel will work as I account for all threats, which is why I end up building with regular mawille in ou o_O
Also yeah I have built a lot of squads with Flamz recently, I will add the ones we feel we should share ^_^
Awesome thread. I noticed that you used Infernape in a lot of your teams. How do you feel about it in OU and which sets do you think are most effective and why?
I use it more than others, and there were some periods in time when I used it a lot. I think its a good and very viable mon in ou.
If you don't mind me asking what does 208 speed evs (neutral nature) on your Charizard X outspeed?
Jolly Gyara

Guys, I have a lot of teams to add and a bunch to edit and reformat, I will work on this ASAP. Please give suggestions and leave a like (every one makes me happy! :])

on the skarm question: ite, firstly it is slow and only reliably gets up 1 set of hazards, secondly it is spun on by everything which is not nice as starmies usage has risen a ton, and in all its usless outside of setting hazzard which it doesent do great to begin with.

Guys, i have a lot of teams to add but i need to take some time to organize them. You may see incomplete changes in this thread over some periods of time since i don't have a lot of concentrated time atm, but im working on fixing up this thread really well. Shoutouts to FullLifeGames for making http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php
Thanks for the shoutout! :)

One minor thing, you don't have to reference to the "format.php" explicitly anymore. You can now just use: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/
I know very minor but still hopefully helpful :D

I've said this before but I generally pick out a mon/core I want to build with and go from there to cover any offensive or defensive threats etc.
Also ik this thread is basically dead guys, but i plan to bring it back in full swing after OLT so stay tuned! :]

I've said this before but I generally pick out a mon/core I want to build with and go from there to cover any offensive or defensive threats etc.
Also ik this thread is basically dead guys, but i plan to bring it back in full swing after OLT so stay tuned! :]
What is this OLT tornament, can you link me it or something like that, im quite unfamiliar with that. Sorry for the off-topic question :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)