Battle Spot The All Tier Challenge

So I've had the urge to want to play mons on my 3ds instead of just on showdown all the time. I decided to start up a battle spot singles team, originally I was gonna try to make it similar to other teams with mons that are powerful, (Talonflame, Landorus, etc.) but I got bored, and started watching youtube. I was watching shadypenguinn's road to ranked series and his team caught my eye. He was using a Glaceon. Then I took a close look at his team and he had a mon from almost every tier, with the exception of NU I think. That gave me the idea of how to make this team interesting, so I decided to make a Battle Spot Singles team using a mon from every smogon tier.

Although I do want to make the best competitive battle spot team possible while using a pokemon from every tier, I want to have fun as well. Pokemon is more fun for me when I use pokemon I like. My favorite mon is Ampharos so naturally I included it on this team, and I would like it to stay. I know this is already limiting helpful options y'all can give me, but if it stops becoming as fun then what's the point? I'd be greateful if you took a look at my team, so please, bear with me. :)

UBER

Ra (Blaziken) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 52 Atk / 244 SpA / 212 Spe
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

I originally chose Aegislash. However I wanted a mon with Speed Boost on this team, so with me wanting to use Ampharos, and Aegislash being chosen, that locked me into Sharpedo. So picking anything other than Blaziken locked me into Sharpedo due to other useful pokemon lacking Speed Boost. Blaziken is a good glass cannon, that can outspeed most with it's ability. I ran mixed because I saw how useful HP Ice was when shadypenguinn was using it, so I ran the mixed set I saw on the Strategy Dex.

OVERUSED

Azula (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Azumarill was chosen because I wanted a water type, and something to stop dragons. Belly Drum can be set up with support of Wobbuffet's Encore. Knock Off over Superpower because I don't want any stat drops on this thing, and I like the dark coverage here more than the fighting coverage. I'm running Aqua Jet over Waterfall because Azula is slow af, and after Belly Drum can do a sizeable amount to most things. Play Rough is here because she doesn't play nice.

UNDERUSED

Blitz (Ampharos-Mega) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Ampharos is the mon I wanted on this team above all else, so I built the team around him. His movepool isn't the best so I made due. Thunderbolt, cuz any other electric move with less power just wasn't cutting it. Dragon Pulse is his main stab damaging move. I finally gave in, and Focus Blast is it's third move, great for coverage, bad for accuracy. Thunder Wave to slow things down. 52 into speed so I'm basically guaranteed to outspeed low speed investment Azumarill. The rest is invested into HP so I can eat things better.

RARELY USED

Spiritomb (Nirvana) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Calm Nature
- Icy Wind
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento/Calm Mind

I gave up on the ground and fairy resistances, and went with something that counters something I have a hard time dealing with, Mega Gengar. Spiritomb also walls Mega Kangaskhan. I wasn't sure what to do with Spiritomb, so I looked at it's moveset and did my best. The Ev spread allowes it to be 3HKO'd after leftovers by a Timid 252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball. The rest is dumped into Def so Spiritomb can try to eat up the physical attacks that it is affected by. I will lead with Spiritomb if I see Kangaskhan or Gengar, and then Will-O/Icy Wind depending on what I'm anticipating. I'm running Memento over Calm Mind right now so I can cripple something for further Belly Drum/team synergy. Icy Wind is for Ice coverage, almost as strong as HP Ice, and can be used as a tool to lower speed. I have a fairy weakness now, but oh well it's not as big of a deal as I thought it was.

NEVERUSED

Vivillon (Victoria) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Endeavor
- Sleep Powder

I really wanted something immune to Earthquake. In NU there aren't many options. I eventually took aniravjain's advice and went with Vivillon. I also tried a sub/lefties variant, however I could not find an appropriate time to use it, due to Vivillon's defenses. Focus Sash to make sure I at least do something, Quiver Dance to boost my stats while my opponent is asleep due to the now highly accurate Sleep Powder courtesy of Compound Eyes. It also makes Hurricane very reliable. Endeavor takes advantage of the sash.

PU

Karma (Wobbuffet) (M) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Now I get Wobbuffet is only PU because of the ban on Shadow Tag. Technically...it still lists PU as it's tier. Wobbuffet has been, by far, the best member of this team. I often lead with Wobbuffet about 7/10 times. He can literally turn a team that's very good, very bad real quick with the unique way he deals with them. You can't set up to try to one shot Wobbuffet because I'll Encore, switch, set up Belly Drum/Quiver Dance, and make your world hell. I'm physcially defensive, I've lived several hard hitting Crunch's and KO'd them the next turn thanks to that investment. Then you can send out your next mon to finish me off and I'll get my priority destiny bond activated and you'll be down in the battle 2-1 just like that. This thing is in a tier of it's own.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to your suggestions. :)

And this is where I've peaked so far on the ladder. LOL at my win %.​

Last edited:
Alright this team is pretty interesting but I have a few suggestions.
Mega gengar is a perfect fit for this team especially the perish trapper variant and should replace blaziken. It has great synergy with wobbuffet and azumarill. Wobbuffet and mega gengar absolutely destroy defensive and stall teams when used correctly. Also, azumarill and gengar form one of the best cores in battle spot. Gengar traps and destroys anything that gives problem to azumarill. The set for this should be
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Substitute
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
Also, another great thing about this set is that it removes your breloom and hippowdon weakness! A spore from breloom and a yawn from hippo won't affect gengar at all once it is behind the substitute.Then, you can easily dispatch both of them with a shadow ball since the former is frail and the latter has poor special bulk. Lead with gengar when you see a hippo and breloom since they're almost always the leads.

Another thing, I think you'd be better off using vivillon with this set instead of the braviary
Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
Vivillon actually has some niche in battle spot and a few top teams have used it. Compound eyes allows sleep powder and hurricane to almost never miss. Also, after a quiver dance it outspeeds almost the entire meta. Focus sash is probably the best item for it since it has terrible bulk. You could also go for energy ball instead of bug buzz.

Now since your NU spot is taken, you should replace cradily with a pokemon from RU. A pokemon that looks like it would fit is AV rhyperior because your team has a weakness to talonflame and AV rhyperior is a great counter. Rhyperior also has great physical bulk which means a lot in a meta filled with dominant physical attackers. Also, the set you should probably use is the one given in the strategy dex - http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/rhyperior/battle_spot_singles/

Well, the rest of your team looks pretty good and I think it is really interesting you are trying to use a pokemon from every tier! Its always better when someone uses pokemon they like and wins.

EDIT : A timid nature is better than modest for Ampharos in your case since after agility you out speed even mega lopunny and mega manectric.

Last edited:
Alright this team is pretty interesting but I have a few suggestions.
Mega gengar is a perfect fit for this team especially the perish trapper variant and should replace blaziken. It has great synergy with wobbuffet and azumarill. Wobbuffet and mega gengar absolutely destroy defensive and stall teams when used correctly. Also, azumarill and gengar form one of the best cores in battle spot. Gengar traps and destroys anything that gives problem to azumarill. The set for this should be
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Substitute
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
Also, another great thing about this set is that it removes your breloom and hippowdon weakness! A spore from breloom and a yawn from hippo won't affect gengar at all once it is behind the substitute.Then, you can easily dispatch both of them with a shadow ball since the former is frail and the latter has poor special bulk. Lead with gengar when you see a hippo and breloom since they're almost always the leads.

Another thing, I think you'd be better off using vivillon with this set instead of the braviary
Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
Vivillon actually has some niche in battle spot and a few top teams have used it. Compound eyes allows sleep powder and hurricane to almost never miss. Also, after a quiver dance it outspeeds almost the entire meta. Focus sash is probably the best item for it since it has terrible bulk. You could also go for energy ball instead of bug buzz.

Now since your NU spot is taken, you should replace cradily with a pokemon from RU. A pokemon that looks like it would fit is AV rhyperior because your team has a weakness to talonflame and AV rhyperior is a great counter. Rhyperior also has great physical bulk which means a lot in a meta filled with dominant physical attackers. Also, the set you should probably use is the one given in the strategy dex - http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/rhyperior/battle_spot_singles/

Well, the rest of your team looks pretty good and I think it is really interesting you are trying to use a pokemon from every tier! Its always better when someone uses pokemon they like and wins.

EDIT : A timid nature is better than modest for Ampharos in your case since after agility you out speed even mega lopunny and mega manectric.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm gonna start play testing with this and post my results.

Wanted to point out high speed Ampharos(I.e. Yours,) reaches 182 Spe at +2. That means it's outspeed by Max Spe base 115s and above. Im skeptical about HP Fighting. I can see why you wouldn't want Focus Blast w/ it's miserable accuracy, but HP is super weak, not that much better than STABs in most any situation. Power Gem got a boost in power this gen, but 80 still isn't that good and rock coverage is partially redundant w/ electric, so I see why you don't want that. Bug coverage is just crap in this meta, and Signal Beam is weak w/ a low chance to confuse, so I agree w/ not using that too(PG is way better.)

What I'd do is run a slower spread(Modest, but no speed EVs,) T-Wave>Agility and then maybe...Substitute or something over HP Fighting. After You maybe, since you got T-Wave to make the foe slow? Alternatively you could put Light Screen in that last slot, or use Rain Dance and Thunder over Volt Switch(your team kinda likes rain.) w/ rain support you could feasibly run Shield Dust on Vivillon(thought it got Tinted Lense, but oh well,) which can save you from a potentially crippling poison from Gengar's Sludge Bomb or paralysis from Porygon2's Discharge, among other things.

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Wobbuffet: 210-248 (70.7 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's just ridiculous. I though for sure it'd be an OHKO, and was thinking I was dumb for even checking, and here it's not even that close, so I'm dumb for an entirely different reason. So that set, despite being really simple, seems fine. And I agree w/ Cutsap ad the item. Idk why most Wobb run Sitrus Berry. And then only .1% run Lefties...what's going on here?

You're probably gonna replace it anyways, but what's the minimum speed for Cradily for? Is it just cause you're slow anyways, so you figured you'd just run min Spe to reduce damage you take from Gyro Ball. I always breed for flawless if I want a speed lowering nature, just to outspeed or speed tie w/ Pokes of the same speed tier running -Spe as well.

Blaziken is kinda boring, so I just glossed over it earlier, but looking closer I started wondering why you chose Superpower over HJK. Again, probably gonna replace it too, but just curious.

I'd like to know how your team does, both w/ the changes aniravjain suggested and w/o.

Wanted to point out high speed Ampharos(I.e. Yours,) reaches 182 Spe at +2. That means it's outspeed by Max Spe base 115s and above. Im skeptical about HP Fighting. I can see why you wouldn't want Focus Blast w/ it's miserable accuracy, but HP is super weak, not that much better than STABs in most any situation. Power Gem got a boost in power this gen, but 80 still isn't that good and rock coverage is partially redundant w/ electric, so I see why you don't want that. Bug coverage is just crap in this meta, and Signal Beam is weak w/ a low chance to confuse, so I agree w/ not using that too(PG is way better.)

What I'd do is run a slower spread(Modest, but no speed EVs,) T-Wave>Agility and then maybe...Substitute or something over HP Fighting. After You maybe, since you got T-Wave to make the foe slow? Alternatively you could put Light Screen in that last slot, or use Rain Dance and Thunder over Volt Switch(your team kinda likes rain.) w/ rain support you could feasibly run Shield Dust on Vivillon(thought it got Tinted Lense, but oh well,) which can save you from a potentially crippling poison from Gengar's Sludge Bomb or paralysis from Porygon2's Discharge, among other things.

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Wobbuffet: 210-248 (70.7 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's just ridiculous. I though for sure it'd be an OHKO, and was thinking I was dumb for even checking, and here it's not even that close, so I'm dumb for an entirely different reason. So that set, despite being really simple, seems fine. And I agree w/ Cutsap ad the item. Idk why most Wobb run Sitrus Berry. And then only .1% run Lefties...what's going on here?

You're probably gonna replace it anyways, but what's the minimum speed for Cradily for? Is it just cause you're slow anyways, so you figured you'd just run min Spe to reduce damage you take from Gyro Ball. I always breed for flawless if I want a speed lowering nature, just to outspeed or speed tie w/ Pokes of the same speed tier running -Spe as well.

Blaziken is kinda boring, so I just glossed over it earlier, but looking closer I started wondering why you chose Superpower over HJK. Again, probably gonna replace it too, but just curious.

I'd like to know how your team does, both w/ the changes aniravjain suggested and w/o.
Actually Ampharos reaches 192 at +2. It's speed is 96, and on turn 1 mega evolution it's even higher than that.

I decided to keep Blaziken. Taking advantage of the speed boost is really easy to do and it's effective. Also the coverage it provides is important to this team. I did really like the suggestion of Mega Gengar, I did use it for a while, but I was missing the coverage of Blaziken as I frequently ran into things that Blaziken would have been nice against. I'm running Superpower over HJK because the miss of HJK can ruin the match for me, and the attack/defense drop isn't as bad because it's frail and mixed.

I did end up replacing Cradily with Amoonguss/Archeops.

And Yep Wobbuffet is bulky af.

Thanks for looking at my team, and it's updated in the post now. :)

Actually Ampharos reaches 192 at +2. It's speed is 96, and on turn 1 mega evolution it's even higher than that.

I decided to keep Blaziken. Taking advantage of the speed boost is really easy to do and it's effective. Also the coverage it provides is important to this team. I did really like the suggestion of Mega Gengar, I did use it for a while, but I was missing the coverage of Blaziken as I frequently ran into things that Blaziken would have been nice against. I'm running Superpower over HJK because the miss of HJK can ruin the match for me, and the attack/defense drop isn't as bad because it's frail and mixed.

I did end up replacing Cradily with Amoonguss/Archeops.

And Yep Wobbuffet is bulky af.

Thanks for looking at my team, and it's updated in the post now. :)
Actually we both did it wrong. I didn't change the speed IV in Amph to 31, and you didn't change the nature from Quiet. The actual speed at level 50 is 107, so I'm convinced Agility is actually a good option-214 speed outspeeds most everything.

Still think HP Fighting is iffy. Focus Blast accuracy sucks, but in order for it to be truly worse than HP Fighting it's accuracy would have to be less than 50, as then the double power would be offset by the more than double miss chance. Since it's 70 accuracy, I think it overall outclasses HP Fighting, even if it lets you down a lot. JP is just too weak to be of much use on most stuff.

That actually makes sense on Superpower. It's not much weaker and the drops don't always matter. I guess as long as you don't miss out on too many OHKOs or good chances for IHKOs I say go for it.

Amoonguss is a good choice, though I don't really get going specially defensive in this meta. It can't do crap to Gengar, Cress and Thundy hit you SE w/ an Ice type HP(possibly STAB Psychic for Cress, which is even worse,) Rotom forms often have HP Ice as well, while Heat obviously roasts you. Among us also doesn't really threaten any of the aforementioned, so even if you could wall them it's kinda pointless. I'd go physically defensive unless there's some reason against it.

For Archeops I'd move the 4 Def EVs to SpD for the odd Download Pokemon. They don't benefit you either way, so why not? Also, what IVs does Amph have to get HP Fighting. You want to be aware of that, since EVs work different depending on if you have an even or odd IV.

Actually we both did it wrong. I didn't change the speed IV in Amph to 31, and you didn't change the nature from Quiet. The actual speed at level 50 is 107, so I'm convinced Agility is actually a good option-214 speed outspeeds most everything.

Still think HP Fighting is iffy. Focus Blast accuracy sucks, but in order for it to be truly worse than HP Fighting it's accuracy would have to be less than 50, as then the double power would be offset by the more than double miss chance. Since it's 70 accuracy, I think it overall outclasses HP Fighting, even if it lets you down a lot. JP is just too weak to be of much use on most stuff.

That actually makes sense on Superpower. It's not much weaker and the drops don't always matter. I guess as long as you don't miss out on too many OHKOs or good chances for IHKOs I say go for it.

Amoonguss is a good choice, though I don't really get going specially defensive in this meta. It can't do crap to Gengar, Cress and Thundy hit you SE w/ an Ice type HP(possibly STAB Psychic for Cress, which is even worse,) Rotom forms often have HP Ice as well, while Heat obviously roasts you. Among us also doesn't really threaten any of the aforementioned, so even if you could wall them it's kinda pointless. I'd go physically defensive unless there's some reason against it.

For Archeops I'd move the 4 Def EVs to SpD for the odd Download Pokemon. They don't benefit you either way, so why not? Also, what IVs does Amph have to get HP Fighting. You want to be aware of that, since EVs work different depending on if you have an even or odd IV.
In the showdown team builder, a modest, 252 Spe, 30 IV, mega ampharos, at level 50, has 96 speed. With Timid and the 31 IV it is 106. I still have to play around more on if I'm comfortable running Focus Blast, or a timid nature over modest.

I'm running max SpDef not to wall things but to simply take special hits as Wobbuffet takes the physical hits. I never bring Wobbuffet and Amoonguss to the same battle so I evalutate the team and decide which I would rather have.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-325258880

Here's a sample battle of me using Amoonguss. Again thanks for the rate. :)

Yup, it's sorta fun which is why I like to rate teams. That was some maneuver w/ Azu BDing on Slowbro when it's already taken some prior damage. I probably would've been too scared to try it, and it would've cost you if it was a Mega Slowbro.

I wasn't using mega, which explains why I was getting more speed then you.

I'm not really sure how these things work out, but some people max out defenses on Pokes like Wobb since they have such high HP stats. Is it better to go max HP and a defensive stat then to max both defenses? This is an RMT, so I probably shouldn't be asking the questions lol.

I vote HP Fire over Foul Play on Amoonguss since you already have dark coverage on two mons, and fire coverage is better overall. Scizor and Ferro are both moderately threatening to you, and it helps a ton w/ them.

I don't know if Wobb really creates enough set up opportunities that you need a set up move on Archeops, but if you really do why not Rock Polish instead of Tailwind? That boost will stay w/ you(A lot of your team doesn't really benefit that much from Tailwind. Amoonguss isn't meant to be dpfast at all, Blaziken boosts its speed, Azu still isn't that fast, and neither is Wobb,) and you can possibly run an Adamant nature w/ it. Another interesting set up option is Iron Defense. You could run it w/ a Sitrus Berry and Acrobatics over Sky Attack, though that's probably more one of my musings then a good idea.

How's this team doing? I like the idea, and using a mon from each tier really doesn't gimp you much at all-plenty of lower tier stuff like Avalugg is viable in BSS.

Yup, it's sorta fun which is why I like to rate teams. That was some maneuver w/ Azu BDing on Slowbro when it's already taken some prior damage. I probably would've been too scared to try it, and it would've cost you if it was a Mega Slowbro.

I wasn't using mega, which explains why I was getting more speed then you.

I'm not really sure how these things work out, but some people max out defenses on Pokes like Wobb since they have such high HP stats. Is it better to go max HP and a defensive stat then to max both defenses? This is an RMT, so I probably shouldn't be asking the questions lol.

I vote HP Fire over Foul Play on Amoonguss since you already have dark coverage on two mons, and fire coverage is better overall. Scizor and Ferro are both moderately threatening to you, and it helps a ton w/ them.

I don't know if Wobb really creates enough set up opportunities that you need a set up move on Archeops, but if you really do why not Rock Polish instead of Tailwind? That boost will stay w/ you(A lot of your team doesn't really benefit that much from Tailwind. Amoonguss isn't meant to be dpfast at all, Blaziken boosts its speed, Azu still isn't that fast, and neither is Wobb,) and you can possibly run an Adamant nature w/ it. Another interesting set up option is Iron Defense. You could run it w/ a Sitrus Berry and Acrobatics over Sky Attack, though that's probably more one of my musings then a good idea.

How's this team doing? I like the idea, and using a mon from each tier really doesn't gimp you much at all-plenty of lower tier stuff like Avalugg is viable in BSS.
Due to the unfortunate Scald burn, (Which I had to risk because Amoonguss is weak to Psyshock, especially since it has no physical investment.) my only option to do something useful with Azumarill was to Belly Drum so I can at least be at +2 rather than -2. Luckily it worked and I came through.

I max'd out Wobb's defenses because I was very afraid of Knock Off and Crunch. I can't Mirror Coat a dark type pokemon going for a STAB move so I had to rely on physical investment to counter. Most of the time I survive below 25%, so I can easily take out the next pokemon. Most of the time they won't set up fearing Encore, and Destiny Bond will deal with them.

I was thinking HP Fire was better to, I think I'm gonna go with that.

The Tailwind on Archeops really isn't meant to take advantage of Wobbuffet. It's because of Defeatist. It's so I can at least do something with it even though it becomes significantly nerfed. If it gets another set up move that benefits the team I might replace Tailwind.

This team is generally floating around mid 1300's to low 1400's. That's how it's doing in terms of the ladder. It could be my play holding it back to so idk. X)

Making a team with pokemon that I like, and some that are underpowered compared to the rest has been a very fun and challenging experience. I'm definitely happy I decided to do it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega Gengar would be such a good fit for this team, working alongside both Azumarill and Wobbuffet. Seriously consider it over Blaziken.

Archeops is something of an oddity in Battle Spot, not something I've tried myself but I've talked about it a fair bit because it looks interesting. It could make a fairly decent Sash + Rocks lead, and use Endeavor for good damage that gets around Defeatist. Head Smash should be used on all sets though, as Archeops isn't going to last long anyway so it may as well just nuke something and die, it also does respectable damage when in Defeatist range which is handy. Choice Band with Earthquake / U-turn / Knock Off could pack a whallop too. Itemless Acrobatics is also semi-viable, I think it would be better than Power Herb Sky Attack to be honest...

Agility + Volt Switch on Mega Amph seems silly to me. Thunderbolt is an obvious replacement, and Thunder Wave is really good over Agility. Hidden Power Fighting is 100% outclassed by Focus Blast, the accuracy may suck but it's twice as powerful, so if you miss, you just need to hit the next turn to break even, so the odds are in your favour!

apart from that, this looks pretty good considering the restrictions you've placed on yourself!

First, I think I might have an interesting set for your ampharos

Ampharos
Item: Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Evs: 252 Hp/252 SpDef/4 SpAtk
Nature: Calm
-Cotton Guard
-Discharge
-Dragon Pulse/Confuse Ray
-Focus Blast

The point of this is to completely wall any physical sweepers. I chose Discharge for Paralysis, which can actually free up a move slot instead of using Thunder Wave. Cotton Guard is for any predicted switches i.e. Landorus. You have the choice of Confuse Ray for a 50% chance of confusion damage or Dragon Pulse for some stab. Ampharos does have an extremely limited move pool, but I think this could work. Focus Blast because Heatran doesn't care about being slow, but he cares about super effective moves. I also have an Archeops set for you too

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Item: Sitrus Berry/Choice Band
Evs: 252 Spe/252 Atk/4 Def
Nature: Jolly
-Head Smash
-Roost/U-Turn
-Acrobatics/Knock Off
-Earthquake

I know this set looks weird. However, if you want something to die, this would be the set to kill it. The sitrus berry allows you to get back up some health and in effect, would double acrobatics power. Roost is for recovery so you don't feel defeated and EQ for coverage. Head Smash over Stone Edge because of that awesome power and STAB. Alternatively, you could also use a lum berry to get rid of those status ailments like T-Wave, but it's conditional. I use Choice Band because I don't think anything survives Head Smash when used. It also alleviates some of the defeatist drop. Hopefully I helped in some way shape or form.

Looks good, though Archeops is much too frail to benefit from Roost unless you're either Baton Passing it defensive boosts or using Iron Defense on it. You'd also probably have to cut away some EVs from Atk and put them in bulk. Better to just attack with it/not use it.

Ok thanks for the suggestions everyone! I have experimented with Mega Gengar on this team before when aniravjain suggested it, and I took a second look when cant say suggested it. It does work very well on this team, I just don't have much fun using a perish trapper set, no matter how effective, however I would like it to be on my team. I actually came up with a few drafts of this team, one with Gengar and one without. The one with Gengar is at the very bottom of the RMT.

In terms of the main team, like I said, I don’t have fun using Mega Gengar so Blaziken is still there. I updated Archeops’ movest courtesy of cant say, and that’s about it. Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I’ve been busy with school lately.

Also please don’t let my stubbornness of adding Gengar deter you from rating my team! I listen to all suggestions and do test them throughly on showdown.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If PerishTrap isn't appealing to you because it isn't fun (I can understand that), you can just use a regular offensive Mega Gengar with three attacks + Destiny Bond. It still pairs with Wob pretty well as he can Encore something into a dumb move and then Gengar can come in and kill it, as the Encored target can't switch out.

I think your main team is looking pretty decent, even with Blaziken. If I were to take a stab at the second team, I'd change Bronzong up so that you can free the Leftovers for Vivillon, and make Viv the Sleep Powder / Substitute / Quiver Dance / Hurricane set. But I won't coz we should focus on the main team...

If PerishTrap isn't appealing to you because it isn't fun (I can understand that), you can just use a regular offensive Mega Gengar with three attacks + Destiny Bond. It still pairs with Wob pretty well as he can Encore something into a dumb move and then Gengar can come in and kill it, as the Encored target can't switch out.

I think your main team is looking pretty decent, even with Blaziken. If I were to take a stab at the second team, I'd change Bronzong up so that you can free the Leftovers for Vivillon, and make Viv the Sleep Powder / Substitute / Quiver Dance / Hurricane set. But I won't coz we should focus on the main team...
I got rid of the Mega Gengar team because I probably was not going to use it, so what's the point of having it there. Bronzong and Vivillon are now on the team, with Bronzong rocking a TR/Boom set, and Vivillon using the Focus Sash set. I experimeted with the Leftovers set but I couldn't find a safe situation to use Vivillon without a sash.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Oh hmmm ok. I kinda preffered the old team, I'm not sure how Bronzong helps this team at all, considering how you have quite a fast set up with Blaziken and Vivillon. Azumarill doesn't really need Trick Room and you'll be wasting a turn of it setting up Belly Drum anyway, and Amph has Thunder Wave... Just doesn't seem like a good fit at all. I think Amoongus + Archeops was fine as is...

If you do wanna keep Bronzong, Normal Gem is useless on him, even if you do just want to be using him as a suicide TR lead. A Mental Herb would be preferred so you don't have to worry about Taunt messing you up.

Energy Ball on Vivillon is useless, it only hits Rock-types that resist Hurricane. Why not Hidden Power Ground? Even Endeavour would be cool with the Sash.

Oh hmmm ok. I kinda preffered the old team, I'm not sure how Bronzong helps this team at all, considering how you have quite a fast set up with Blaziken and Vivillon. Azumarill doesn't really need Trick Room and you'll be wasting a turn of it setting up Belly Drum anyway, and Amph has Thunder Wave... Just doesn't seem like a good fit at all. I think Amoongus + Archeops was fine as is...

If you do wanna keep Bronzong, Normal Gem is useless on him, even if you do just want to be using him as a suicide TR lead. A Mental Herb would be preferred so you don't have to worry about Taunt messing you up.

Energy Ball on Vivillon is useless, it only hits Rock-types that resist Hurricane. Why not Hidden Power Ground? Even Endeavour would be cool with the Sash.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-327952755

There's a sample of Bronzong and TR usage, not the best example considering I had ideal conditions in my favor for that battle. I can't really describe it but somehow it works. Blaziken and Vivillon really are not meant for TR, but if they are brought it's to clean up after TR is over. I really like the Endeavor idea with the sash, I'm gonna try it out.

Also what did you like about the old team?

TR on Zong definitely seems odd-it's a good set up Poke, but your team would benefit more from other field conditions like Rain, dual screens, or even Gravity. The offensive focus doesn't seem like it's doing you any favors-Zong would rather survive to set up more than do a little more damage, since it's still not very strong. Plus steel/normal coverage is pretty awful. I think an Impish Nature with 31 Spe IVs is worth considering(even if you choose to keep TR, Zong will still be very slow, while now outspeeding some more stuff like base 30s.) Though it'd severely weaken Gyro Ball so perhaps not. Idk how useful Stealth Rock is, maybe replace it with a Screen, EQ, or Toxic?

Bronsong is definitely the weakest link, I don't see another problem atm.

I'm not sure what to replace Zong with. I have a fairy weakness, and mega khan weakness, and a ground weakness, might as well throw in dragon since only azumarill stands a chance. I have it because TR gives me another lead option aside from Vivillon and Wobbuffet. Stealth Rock is relatively useful but can definitely be replaced. The RU slot is giving me so much trouble right now, because I can't find that perfect fit that seals the team together. Oh well, this is the all tier challenge, still fun as ever bulding this team with unique mons. :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
ok, if you want Bronzong to beat M-Khan, Dragons (and maybe Grounds, not the part-Water ones though), and Sylveon (but not Azumarill or M-Mawile), then you could try making Bronzong mixed with Rocky Helmet and Hidden Power Ice. This set is pure theorymon on my behalf but yeah I'm not sure what else you can do (Aggron dies to Earthquake and Hidden Power Ground from the things you wanna kill).

Bronzong @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Trick Room
- Explosion
So he still keeps the TR+BOOM combo for getting stuff like Ampharos in quickly. Then I have him 44 SpA to 2HKO Garchomp, Mega Salamence and Lando-T. Max phys bulk for walking Khan while it takes chip damage from you and you kill it with Gyro Ball. Will also beat Sylveon that aren't already locked into Shadow Ball.

This is the best I could do with the restrictions, lol.

ok, if you want Bronzong to beat M-Khan, Dragons (and maybe Grounds, not the part-Water ones though), and Sylveon (but not Azumarill or M-Mawile), then you could try making Bronzong mixed with Rocky Helmet and Hidden Power Ice. This set is pure theorymon on my behalf but yeah I'm not sure what else you can do (Aggron dies to Earthquake and Hidden Power Ground from the things you wanna kill).

So he still keeps the TR+BOOM combo for getting stuff like Ampharos in quickly. Then I have him 44 SpA to 2HKO Garchomp, Mega Salamence and Lando-T. Max phys bulk for walking Khan while it takes chip damage from you and you kill it with Gyro Ball. Will also beat Sylveon that aren't already locked into Shadow Ball.

This is the best I could do with the restrictions, lol.
Thanks, I like the set a lot and have updated Bronzong. :)

bump, included spiritomb to replace Bronzong who didn't take care of a particular threat.
I like Spiritomb over Bronzong, and your fairy weakness still isn't that bad since both Pokes weak to it are bulky. I would recommend Memento on Spiritomb since you have two set up sweepers. You'd probably have to change the set if you decided to run it though. I'm also thinking you can switch it's Lefties with Wobb's Cutsap Berry. Spiritomb can do the same trick with Cutsap Destiny Bond(and also be less predictable doing so,) while it also helps with Memto(you'd never be running them together though.) Just a thought, I'm not a 100% sure it's a good idea.

I like Spiritomb over Bronzong, and your fairy weakness still isn't that bad since both Pokes weak to it are bulky. I would recommend Memento on Spiritomb since you have two set up sweepers. You'd probably have to change the set if you decided to run it though. I'm also thinking you can switch it's Lefties with Wobb's Cutsap Berry. Spiritomb can do the same trick with Cutsap Destiny Bond(and also be less predictable doing so,) while it also helps with Memto(you'd never be running them together though.) Just a thought, I'm not a 100% sure it's a good idea.
I agree that I should add Memento however I just need to decide what it will replace, it will be a tough decision since all moves are very useful. I'm deff keeping the Custap on Wobb. It works too well not to, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

I agree that I should add Memento however I just need to decide what it will replace, it will be a tough decision since all moves are very useful. I'm deff keeping the Custap on Wobb. It works too well not to, but thanks for the suggestion. :)
WoW/ Memento/ Infestation/ Protect is really close to what I ran in Pokemon X a long time ago(I had Curse over Memento.) Ofc if you do that SpA EVs are a waste, Infestation is only 20 BP. Other than that you could just use your set putting Memento over Nasty Plot. NP is hard to set, and Spiritomb is slow. If you're gonna use Icy Wind make sure your stuff is EVd to outspeed certain stuff at -1, since you shouldn't be planning on getting more than one IW off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)