SS OU The Almighty BONK - Dracovish Webs Offence

Don't get bonked... (Art by Inesanemona)

Introduction:
When gen 8 OU was first added to showdown, there was a lot of talk in chat about a pokémon that had a 300 base power move if it's faster. That pokémon is Dracovish. I thought it sounded fun so I threw a team together, and eventually got to this one. I used webs as opposed to scarf 'vish to get as much damage out of it as possible.
The Team:
ᴮᴼᴺᴷ (Dracovish) @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 160
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Outrage

This is what many players believe to be the best wallbreaker in the game (myself included), with fishious rend OHKOing everything that isn't ferrothorn or toxapex. I went for choice band as fishous rend can 2HKO ferrothorn and pex after rocks, which a scarf set would miss out on, and is more likely to end stall and trick room teams existing. Psychic fangs is a coverage move to discourage pex from coming in, Crunch is for water absorb mons such as jellicent and seismitoad and Outrage so I can Max Wyrmwind opposing 'vish and dittos that would otherwise end it's reign of terror.

speccy6eyes (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Energy Ball

This galvantula set is mainly a lead, used to set up webs and thunder wave anything too fast that's immune to them. I have thunder as a strong STAB move to open the game with some chip damage. I added energy ball over bug buzz to kill water absorb seismitoad and heavily damage rotom-wash, as it's will-o-wisp is a problem for dracovish. I've also found that with compound eyes, thunder wave will never miss, so I can always para a setup sweeper like gyarados or togekiss (and clear body dragapult).

no rocks (Excadrill) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

My main form of hazard control and a rock setter, I went with HDB over sash so it isn't slowed down by other teams webs or damaged by their hazards when it goes for rapid spin, then it can set up it's own rocks. I usually bring this in when I don't lead galvantula and my opponent gets their rocks up, so it's sash doesn't break. I also don't want my vish getting caught in webs, at that defeats the point of the team. I went with iron head over rock tomb as galvantula has t-wave for speed control. This also helps vs t-wave grimmsnarl.

??? (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

After adding my first three, I realised that this team needed more special attack power and a spin blocker. In this spot was originally a chandelure, for it's higher sp.att stat, but I changed it to a dragapult to have less of a ground/water weakness and gain access to u-turn as a pivot move. It's a pretty straightforward set that leaves a dent in physical walls and water absorbers, helping vish to clean up late game.

Mr. Pringle (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain

This is here to make sure I don't get reverse swept by a ditto that copies my vish. It also works as a wall physical attackers, most notably darm and opposing scarf vish. Another purpose it serves is to be a safe spin-blocker that survives a lead exca's eq, then heals with strength sap. Wisp and Drain are mainly just utility moves to cripple pyhsical attackers and surprise rain teams/ other water absorbers with a x2 or x4 effective move. Hex is to let it do more damage to corsola than surf and to a larger extent para'd sweepers from galvantula.

hairy fairy (Hatterene) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Nuzzle

Lastly, I felt like I needed a dragon immunity as well as something to pivot around special attackers, so I added an AV hatterene. It has the added benefit of magic bounce for an extra bit of hazard/taunt/status control. I didn't think that it would need dark pulse due to the dragapult on my team, so I added nuzzle to para anything that my galvantula can't get to in any specific game. She can function as a special wallbreaker to help out vish by removing pex and ferro from the game entirely.

ᴮᴼᴺᴷ (Dracovish) @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Outrage

speccy6eyes (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Energy Ball

no rocks (Excadrill) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

??? (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Mr. Pringle (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain

hairy fairy (Hatterene) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Nuzzle

Problems For The Team:
Cinderace:

This thing can be annoying when you set up your hazards and it just swaps them over. When I see that my opponent has one, I either try to paralyse it at the start of the game with galvantula, then bonk it with vish later on, or try to get my dragapult in on it and kill it with a specs draco. Another thing is that court change isn't affected by magic bounce, so that strat goes right out the window.

Taunt+T-Wave Grimmsnarl:
This combination of moves are specifically problematic when your team relies on one member getting a speed boost. Taunt stops webs from being able to be put up and t-wave can stop vish in it's tracks. The main strategy I have vs Grimmsnarl is to bounce it's taunt back with hatterene, then double into vish, which can get very complex if they have a water absorb 'mon paired with it.

So, what do you think of my team? How would you improve it if you could? All feedback is appreciated, and feel free to use the team for yourself. Happy battling!

Attachments

only one changes and u are done:
1. galvantula->araquanid or ribombee.
You might think I am crazy, but galvantula can be killed by dragapults dragon darts, which breaks through sash. Because of that, I highly suggest you to change galvantula to ribombee. plus, ribombee can use stun spore, an aternative to Twave.
Nice team though! May I use this team to rate on showdown? Pls reply!

only one changes and u are done:
1. galvantula->araquanid or ribombee.
You might think I am crazy, but galvantula can be killed by dragapults dragon darts, which breaks through sash. Because of that, I highly suggest you to change galvantula to ribombee. plus, ribombee can use stun spore, an aternative to Twave.
Nice team though! May I use this team to rate on showdown? Pls reply!
Go ahead! I didn't think of multi hits tbh, so thanks for the rate

thanks! i'm gonna use the team in my next livestream (check my bio for the link)
No problem! The only thing about the team I struggled with is that I didn't have a real answer to Dragapult. I think putting sucker punch on Dragapult might help! I also didn't find much use for Hatterene in the video I did, but that may also be because I didn't use it properly, I'll admit I am not a pro lol. Also here is the link to the video:

Hat is more of a defensive pivot, meaning that you switch it in to threaten your opponent. Also, the best way for the team to deal with pult is to para it. I'll make sure to shout you out when I stream! Also the team was rated, reccomending ribombee with stun spore, over galvantula.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)