AG The Anything Goes Open - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna call act on my opponent, Jytcampbell he has not responded to my post on his profile yet, and I posted it on Sunday or iirc, hopefully this will hurry him up or somethin

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
Yea so I contacted Pycryoz the day the thread went up which can be seen on their wall, the reply i got was that they would let me know, yesterday at 3 am my time a coversation was started and he gave me a time that was impossible for me, so i asked if they could extend it by an hour, but no responses and considering the response gaps might need an extension that is of course if i get a reply

https://gyazo.com/30013ea65a5d2184bebc5744d383bace

Edit- I'll claim act at this point, my

Last edited:
So raj.shoot has the exact same problem as i do, my opp doesn´t answer my post on his wall anymore after trying to schedule a time that I couldn´t play smh. Told him I can´t really play on Saturday and Sunday but no response, so time´s getting close ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Game Moderator

Banned deucer.
It was 3 AM when my games finished and I was too tired to post, but here we go.

Also, protip:

[23:16:11] Game Moderator: I would like to keep this private bar a few close friends if that's alright?
[23:16:32] Aaronboyer: no its not
[23:16:45] Game Moderator: why?
[23:16:50] Aaronboyer: I'm okay if you keep replays private
[23:16:54] Aaronboyer: but lets make the game public
[23:16:57] Game Moderator: :/
[23:17:15] Game Moderator: this would minimize ghosting possiblity
[23:17:59] Aaronboyer: do you find that a concern?
[23:18:02] Game Moderator: yes.
[23:18:58] Aaronboyer: how does it minimize ghosting if you have a few close friends?
[23:19:13] Game Moderator: for one thing they're locked
[23:21:17] Aaronboyer: Well just because they are locked doesnt mean ghosting couldnt still happen
[23:21:29] Aaronboyer: I would just like to keep the games public
[23:21:59] Game Moderator: i play bad under pressure
[23:22:05] Game Moderator: especially if they are spectators
[23:22:40] Game Moderator: that isnt too much to ask right?
[23:24:08] Aaronboyer: hold on just a second, make a couple last minute tweaks to my g1 team
[23:26:11] Aaronboyer: How about we play the games privately but you dont invite anyone

You don't succeed in teambuilding by quickly go through the opponent's replays and build counter-teams specifically for one opponent in the last minute. It's by taking part in countless battles with one team, adjusting it as weaknesses are discovered, and achieving consistent success against as many different trainers and teams as possible in order to prove that team's strength, before entering an important battle with it. That is where you have failed today, and why I have defeated you 2-1. GG.

With that said, I also hope to remind everyone that this is merely a game, so please remember to have fun.

Skarpherim

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
It was 3 AM when my games finished and I was too tired to post, but here we go.

Also, protip:

[23:16:11] Game Moderator: I would like to keep this private bar a few close friends if that's alright?
[23:16:32] Aaronboyer: no its not
[23:16:45] Game Moderator: why?
[23:16:50] Aaronboyer: I'm okay if you keep replays private
[23:16:54] Aaronboyer: but lets make the game public
[23:16:57] Game Moderator: :/
[23:17:15] Game Moderator: this would minimize ghosting possiblity
[23:17:59] Aaronboyer: do you find that a concern?
[23:18:02] Game Moderator: yes.
[23:18:58] Aaronboyer: how does it minimize ghosting if you have a few close friends?
[23:19:13] Game Moderator: for one thing they're locked
[23:21:17] Aaronboyer: Well just because they are locked doesnt mean ghosting couldnt still happen
[23:21:29] Aaronboyer: I would just like to keep the games public
[23:21:59] Game Moderator: i play bad under pressure
[23:22:05] Game Moderator: especially if they are spectators
[23:22:40] Game Moderator: that isnt too much to ask right?
[23:24:08] Aaronboyer: hold on just a second, make a couple last minute tweaks to my g1 team
[23:26:11] Aaronboyer: How about we play the games privately but you dont invite anyone

You don't succeed in teambuilding by quickly go through the opponent's replays and build counter-teams specifically for one opponent in the last minute. It's by taking part in countless battles with one team, adjusting it as weaknesses are discovered, and achieving consistent success against as many different trainers and teams as possible in order to prove that team's strength, before entering an important battle with it. That is where you have failed today, and why I have defeated you 2-1. GG.

With that said, I also hope to remind everyone that this is merely a game, so please remember to have fun.
what a dick thing to say. as if you know anything about achieving consistent success. i think it's appropriate for someone to respond to this because what you did was completely unnecessary and you need to be called out. nobody that read this should be thinking highly of you because this was a 0 sportsmanship move. with that said i hope to remind everyone that this is merely a game so please remember to have fun. nice cover for yourself at the end there, idk what you want out of this besides to stir shit up. but yh to anyone that has to read this, sorry but im sure many people feel how i do right now. what you said is completely asinine and i hope you can see why this is unfair to your opponent and for everyone reading this. sry for causing any ruckus TI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)