AG The Anything Goes Open - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 3 AM when my games finished and I was too tired to post, but here we go.

Also, protip:

[23:16:11] Game Moderator: I would like to keep this private bar a few close friends if that's alright?
[23:16:32] Aaronboyer: no its not
[23:16:45] Game Moderator: why?
[23:16:50] Aaronboyer: I'm okay if you keep replays private
[23:16:54] Aaronboyer: but lets make the game public
[23:16:57] Game Moderator: :/
[23:17:15] Game Moderator: this would minimize ghosting possiblity
[23:17:59] Aaronboyer: do you find that a concern?
[23:18:02] Game Moderator: yes.
[23:18:58] Aaronboyer: how does it minimize ghosting if you have a few close friends?
[23:19:13] Game Moderator: for one thing they're locked
[23:21:17] Aaronboyer: Well just because they are locked doesnt mean ghosting couldnt still happen
[23:21:29] Aaronboyer: I would just like to keep the games public
[23:21:59] Game Moderator: i play bad under pressure
[23:22:05] Game Moderator: especially if they are spectators
[23:22:40] Game Moderator: that isnt too much to ask right?
[23:24:08] Aaronboyer: hold on just a second, make a couple last minute tweaks to my g1 team
[23:26:11] Aaronboyer: How about we play the games privately but you dont invite anyone

You don't succeed in teambuilding by quickly go through the opponent's replays and build counter-teams specifically for one opponent in the last minute. It's by taking part in countless battles with one team, adjusting it as weaknesses are discovered, and achieving consistent success against as many different trainers and teams as possible in order to prove that team's strength, before entering an important battle with it. That is where you have failed today, and why I have defeated you 2-1. GG.

With that said, I also hope to remind everyone that this is merely a game, so please remember to have fun.
Skarph said very well what we were all thinking but I'd like to throw my own 2 cents in here. Your way of giving "advice" is a really shitty one; you're like some arrogant guest speaker preaching to a choir of schoolchildren. That doesn't help anyone get any better. Also as far as your "advice" goes, you aren't entirely wrong, but if you get into a battle with a wrong matchup or your opponent has a surprise element in their team, you're fucked. There's no true way to create an "ultimate" team, especially when, in tournaments, you need that element of surprise on your side. Also, your "advice" loses a lot of credence when you use teams that aren't even your own. Have a blessed day, all.

I contacted my opponent on Saturday and have not yet gotten a response. I don't have any more time to play until the deadline. What do I do?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
[23:16:11] Game Moderator: I would like to keep this private bar a few close friends if that's alright?
[23:18:58] Aaronboyer:
how does it minimize ghosting if you have a few close friends?

so many red flags here lmao

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
It was 3 AM when my games finished and I was too tired to post, but here we go.

Also, protip:

[23:16:32] Aaronboyer: no its not
[23:16:45] Game Moderator: why?
[23:16:50] Aaronboyer: I'm okay if you keep replays private
[23:16:54] Aaronboyer: but lets make the game public
[23:16:57] Game Moderator: :/
[23:17:59] Aaronboyer: do you find that a concern?
[23:18:02] Game Moderator: yes.
[23:18:58] Aaronboyer: how does it minimize ghosting if you have a few close friends?
[23:21:17] Aaronboyer: Well just because they are locked doesnt mean ghosting couldnt still happen
[23:21:29] Aaronboyer: I would just like to keep the games public
[23:21:59] Game Moderator: i play bad under pressure
[23:22:05] Game Moderator: especially if they are spectators
[23:22:40] Game Moderator: that isnt too much to ask right?
[23:24:08] Aaronboyer: hold on just a second, make a couple last minute tweaks to my g1 team
[23:26:11] Aaronboyer: How about we play the games privately but you dont invite anyone

You don't succeed in teambuilding by quickly go through the opponent's replays and build counter-teams specifically for one opponent in the last minute. It's by taking part in countless battles with one team, adjusting it as weaknesses are discovered, and achieving consistent success against as many different trainers and teams as possible in order to prove that team's strength, before entering an important battle with it. That is where you have failed today, and why I have defeated you 2-1. GG.

With that said, I also hope to remind everyone that this is merely a game, so please remember to have fun.
man shut the hell up

P4ndaK1ng11

Banned deucer.
what a dick thing to say. as if you know anything about achieving consistent success. i think it's appropriate for someone to respond to this because what you did was completely unnecessary and you need to be called out. nobody that read this should be thinking highly of you because this was a 0 sportsmanship move. with that said i hope to remind everyone that this is merely a game so please remember to have fun. nice cover for yourself at the end there, idk what you want out of this besides to stir shit up. but yh to anyone that has to read this, sorry but im sure many people feel how i do right now. what you said is completely asinine and i hope you can see why this is unfair to your opponent and for everyone reading this. sry for causing any ruckus TI
"it's just a game" when he's out here raging, but I do kinda agree with ya it was a dick move by robyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)