Not open for further replies.

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Art by MiniArchitect
Welcome to the Balanced Hackmons Open!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations.
  • OM Grand Slam VII information.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Balanced Hackmons ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found on Smogon's strategy dex.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Sw/Sh cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are recommended to prevent disputes.
Round 3

Redflix  vs  Beka
ItsChew.  vs  Fardin
quojova  vs  anaconja
a loser  vs  TTTech
Ballfire  vs  XxSevagxX
Chazm  vs  TheS3afarer
cityscapes  vs  Onyx Onix 7
crying  vs  TectonicDestroyer
Ren  vs  idea
DuGuo  vs  adem
Ivar57  vs  MAMP
damflame 3  vs  UT

Deadline is Sunday, February 13th, at 11:59 PM EST (UTC -5).

Last edited:

Ren

karma's a relaxing thought
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was told by XxSevagxX to do washed predicts for the four indisputable highlight games of this round 8) I'll also be ranking the series based on how badly I wanna watch them, 1 being the highest.

(1) Ivar57  vs  MAMP - if i was allowed to bold the vs sign here, i would. unfortunately that goes against my life rule of being a coward, so i'm going with my gut on mamp. i don't think that either of these players are so much better than the other, but it's a bo3 and i feel like ivar's strengths come from whenever he opts to use stuff that's more unconventional, which is arguably less reliable in a bo3 setting. mamp specializes in making stuff that's standard with a twist work more consistently, and i trust them with longer series, which i think this'll turn into.

(2) quojova  vs  anaconja - quojova's probably my favorite to win the tour, but it's close with erin. i think both could very reasonably win this series, conja's a lot more creative of a player i feel while quojova's fundamentals are impeccable. the reason i'm bolding quojova was on top of his playing impressing me every single time i've seen it, i also feel that anaconja'll be less likely to catch quojova w/ surprise because quojova has experience in this tier. can go either way, but i think the more likely scenario is quojova taking this.

(3) cityscapes  vs  Onyx Onix 7 - she's the bh queen for a reason. onix is incredible at using unconventional stall, but erin was doing that before onix even knew ps was a website and she's only gotten better at it. onix as a player also relies on their unconventional things working, but erin's just really good at what she does and i think that onix's best bet here is to try and surprise erin by... not surprising erin? idrk how that works. i also feel like a lot of onix's teams rely on winning at team preview. i don't really wanna call them bad, because they're definitely a solid player, but erin's one of the best bh players at the moment and i also think that the angle onix typically goes for won't work against her specifically. it can still swing in onix's favor, but this is an unfortunate matchup for them and i think them as a player would probably match up better against literally anyone else in the round.

(4) a loser  vs  TTTech - i think loser's the better player. tttech's also infamous for using passive structures which don't really do an incredible job of capitalizing on loser's teams i feel. i think that loser can definitely lose this, though - he has a habit of getting in his own head and sometimes playing suboptimally in long games, and you already know that tttech'll be making these games long (which also happens to be why this happens to be the series i'm least excited for among these hls). loser's gonna have to make sure he stays level when he's playing this series. i think loser's playstyle probably has the better matchup here, but tttech probably has a better matchup as a player? not rly sure if that makes sense

TTTech

My fate is a haunted curse!
is a Pre-Contributor
(4) a loser  vs  TTTech - i think loser's the better player. tttech's also infamous for using passive structures which don't really do an incredible job of capitalizing on loser's teams i feel. i think that loser can definitely lose this, though - he has a habit of getting in his own head and sometimes playing suboptimally in long games, and you already know that tttech'll be making these games long (which also happens to be why this happens to be the series i'm least excited for among these hls). loser's gonna have to make sure he stays level when he's playing this series. i think loser's playstyle probably has the better matchup here, but tttech probably has a better matchup as a player? not rly sure if that makes sense
One day, someone will bold me... One day

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)