Battle Stadium THE BEAST I WORSHIP - BSS Regulation E

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
TRIPLE SIX, FIVE, FORKED TONGUE

Regulation E is upon us, and I’ve been having a blast so far. I’d like to share my first serious endeavor into building, as I think it’s quite good. I managed to top the PS ladder with it around a week ago, and console has been going decently well, as of writing this I’m yet to see where I peak or finish, so we’ll see how all of that turns out. Given the theme of this Team Report, I’m trying to get it out by Halloween, so with the introduction out of the way, onto the team.

:Ogerpon-hearthflame: :Gliscor: :Dragonite: :Urshifu-rapid-strike: :Cresselia: :Ursaluna-bloodmoon:

A pretty balanced build all things considered. Ogerpon and Bloodmoon are high risk, high reward offensive mons, Urshifu R can revenge kill a lot of the metagame with scarf, and Dnite can act as both a defensive presence and a late game cleaner with Extreme Speed. Gliscor shores up the stall matchup while Cresselia gives opposing Bloodmoon a really hard time.

Again before I get into the sets I want to put a disclaimer here, some of the songs I will be linking to in this team report will be very dark in tone and lyrics. If you are not comfortable with references to satan, lyrics about addiction, self harm, sadism, etc, I would advise you to check out some of the songs I link to with caution.

Artists I will link to music of will include
Six Impala
Blue Stahli
Grandson
XXXTentacion
Machine Gun Kelly
The Rolling Stones

———

IMG_0564.png

ALL STAR (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Trailblaze

I’ll whet your dream of their ruin, my sweet little libertine. We’ll fix it all with gasoline

Ogerpon Hearthflame is an incredible offensive presence. Ivy Cudgel is almost the single safest move to just throw out you can have, especially with Mold Breaker nullifying abilities like Flash Fire that would otherwise thwart it. This set is very simple, designed to be an endgame sweeper. Swords Dance capitalizes on the many switches Ogerpon forces with her high threat level, and Knock Off is my preferred coverage option, being able to hit stuff like Dragonite decently hard while also getting around the odd Ability Shield that pokes like Heatran might run in order to beat Ogerpon. Trailblaze is my Grass STAB of choice because the Speed boost can make Ogerpon nearly unstoppable, as things such as Scarf Urshifu are used to check her. The EV spread is a very simple max attack and max speed. Ogerpon does have good defensive options, however with a team like this, the all out offensive variant makes the most sense, and has been by far the most consistent way to go. Overall I think Ogerpon is a great addition to SV BSS, all of her forms are both very unique and quite good in their own way.

———
IMG_0560.png

ROBESPIERRE (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect

you poisoned me just for another dollar in your pocket

Gliscor is very polarizing in my experience. The loss of Roost and Guillotine definitely limit its reach, as it relies solely on Protect and Poison Heal for recovery. Even so, Gliscor’s defensive prowess is incredible, and its ability to shut down the majority of stall teams is invaluable. This is just the box standard Gliscor set. Substitute and Protect to stall for Poison Heal and allow Toxic to wear the opponent down, and Earthquake to finish off weakened targets or smack Steel/Poison types trying to block a Toxic. Tera Water is great for Chien-Pao, Urshifu-R and Chi-Yu, allowing Gliscor to get an emergency Toxic off and put these massive threats on a timer. The EV spread is relatively simple. It outruns adamant Breloom while maximizing physical buIk. It’s hard for me to accurately describe my feelings about Gliscor. It has extreme highs and devastating lows, overall I find it to be worth dealing with the lows though, because in certain scenarios Gliscor can be near unbreakable.

———

IMG_0561.png
THICC BOYS (Dragonite) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

grab that bat, Babe Ruth, swing that bitch might lose a tooth

It’s Dnite, basically mandatory on BSS teams. Rocky Helmet punishes stuff like scarf Urshifu and other Dnite, if you bait Ogerpon into using Horn Leech Dnite can chip that as well. Espeed, Dragon Dance and Earthquake are pretty self explanatory. Roost pairs well with bulkier Dnite spreads, allowing it to regain Multiscale and continually wear down physical attackers with Helmet chip. EV spread is specced to outspeed Urshifu after a Dragon Dance and then Attack and bulk are maximized as usual. Again, not much to say, it’s Dragonite, it’s the best mon in SV BSS, always has been.

———

IMG_0562.png
DRIP FU (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- U-turn

I PRAYED TO GOD AND THEN I WENT TO SLEEP WITH BLOODY HANDS

Urshifu is one of the most consistent damage dealers in Pokémon. Last regulation set I used a Swords Dance variant, and while still viable, I think the best Urshifu this time around is scarf. It gets the jump on so many threats, Ogerpon, Chien-Pao, Chi-Yu, Flutter Mane, Iron Bundle, and Scale Shot users like Baxcalibur are all outsped by scarfed Urshifu. Surging Strikes remains as powerful as ever, with two new Ogerpon forms not really wanting to take it. Ice Spinner is very important coverage against Dragonite in particular, and Close Combat provides great secondary STAB. U-turn is a natural pick on a choiced set, allowing Urshifu to scout switches and maintain momentum. This pairs very well with Ogerpon-H, as they can both take advantage of each others common checks. While it might not quite be in contention for number 1 anymore imo, Urshifu Rapid Strike is still absolutely incredible, and enables maneuvers otherwise impossible on this team.

———

IMG_0563.png
SAILOR MOON (Cresselia) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

I wanna see the sun, blotted out from the sky

Cresselia is a fantastic Pokémon in the current metagame for mostly one reason, it is the single best check to Ursaluna Bloodmoon. Tera Steel and Levitate allow it to wall out both of Ursaluna’s STABs relatively safely, and Calm Mind + Moonlight keep her safe from boosting variants. A simple max Defense max HP spread is used here just to maximize its defensive reach. With this investment Cresselia can cover a few physical threats in addition to checking Bloodmoon, with Tera, she can annoy Chien-Pao that are locked into Icicle Crash, and Dragonite that only use Normal or Dragon and Ground Coverage, which is a lot of them. Calm Mind and Moonlight are essential for this Cresselia’s strategy, and Stored Power is a great x-factor, allowing Cresselia to be more of a threat should whatever it’s attempting to wall stays in to crit fish. Moonblast allows us to both hit the Dark-types that would otherwise thwart Stored Power spam, as well as giving a more consistent move to throw out in the event Cresselia is unable to set up. Cresselia’s item is quite flexible, Leftovers is a fantastic option to preserve moonlight PP, however I went with Covert Cloak to tackle another threat, Garganacl. Cloak also benefits Cress by blocking flinches from the likes of Icicle Crash and Dark Pulse, making her a more sturdy check to pokes that might try to flinch their way past her. Overall I think Cresselia is an incredible pick in Regulation E, easily able to take over games if the opponent over relies on specific mons to do the heavy lifting.

———

901-1.png
ASCENSION (Ursaluna-Bloodmoon) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mind's Eye
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Blood Moon
- Hyper Voice
- Vacuum Wave

there’s an iron smell of blood in the air and now I see it everywhere

Ursaluna Bloodmoon is a monster, nearly unparalleled power and immense bulk. Mind’s Eye allowing it to hit ghosts with Normal STAB makes it near impossible to switch into safely. Because of this, I found it reasonable to double up on Normal STAB with Hyper Voice in addition to Blood Moon. This allows Ursaluna to use Normal STAB on consecutive turns despite Blood Moon’s restriction. Vacuum Wave is useful in a variety of scenarios, since most mons that can live Blood Moon will just barely do so, allowing Ursaluna to pick them off with Vacuum Wave. The EV spread is fairly simple, I moved a few EVs into speed for the mirror but that’s all. Tera Fairy is chosen for a couple reasons, resisting Fighting is a big one, allowing Ursaluna to go head to head with the Urshifu forms, in addition to this, the Dragon immunity is huge to thwart the Scale Shot sweepers such as Garchomp and Baxcalibur, allowing scarfed Urshifu to pick them off should Ursaluna not finish the job itself. I find Bloodmoon to be a bit hard to use sometimes, but its potential rewards make it more than worth the risk. It is simply incredible.

———

And that concludes this team report, October was, simply put a hellish month for me. I won’t go into what all happened because it’s quite frankly stuff I don’t want to relive, but my motivation to play was almost completely gone for most of the month. I flopped the BSS Masters tournament as well partly due to my mental state being not all there. My friends are quite literally the only reason I kept going and was able to put this team together. Thank you all so much.

https://pokepast.es/b0069bbd816b6dcb

REPLAYS
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1977890713-v5ytcqtrz0aziqpnemofaum8exi8z1apw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1976349290-4o4k7ut82ypr7il9bcncijvdcdim4xppw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1975397464-8l7rk190u8yn0e7ks95yh4rfdmbwiyvpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1975028195-mc5xmh03xcohjr4jb3azcknx9653uqkpw

———

hand on my heart I swear I made peace with the rain, now I slow dance with the pain

Last edited:
TRIPLE SIX, FIVE, FORKED TONGUE

Regulation E is upon us, and I’ve been having a blast so far. I’d like to share my first serious endeavor into building, as I think it’s quite good. I managed to top the PS ladder with it around a week ago, and console has been going decently well, as of writing this I’m yet to see where I peak or finish, so we’ll see how all of that turns out. Given the theme of this Team Report, I’m trying to get it out by Halloween, so with the introduction out of the way, onto the team.

:Ogerpon-hearthflame: :Gliscor: :Dragonite: :Urshifu-rapid-strike: :Cresselia: :Ursaluna-bloodmoon:

A pretty balanced build all things considered. Ogerpon and Bloodmoon are high risk, high reward offensive mons, Urshifu R can revenge kill a lot of the metagame with scarf, and Dnite can act as both a defensive presence and a late game cleaner with Extreme Speed. Gliscor shores up the stall matchup while Cresselia gives opposing Bloodmoon a really hard time.

Again before I get into the sets I want to put a disclaimer here, some of the songs I will be linking to in this team report will be very dark in tone and lyrics. If you are not comfortable with references to satan, lyrics about addiction, self harm, sadism, etc, I would advise you to check out some of the songs I link to with caution.

Artists I will link to music of will include
Six Impala
Blue Stahli
Grandson
XXXTentacion
Machine Gun Kelly
The Rolling Stones

———

View attachment 566268

ALL STAR (Ogerpon-Hearthflame) (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Trailblaze

I’ll whet your dream of their ruin, my sweet little libertine. We’ll fix it all with gasoline

Ogerpon Hearthflame is an incredible offensive presence. Ivy Cudgel is almost the single safest move to just throw out you can have, especially with Mold Breaker nullifying abilities like Flash Fire that would otherwise thwart it. This set is very simple, designed to be an endgame sweeper. Swords Dance capitalizes on the many switches Ogerpon forces with her high threat level, and Knock Off is my preferred coverage option, being able to hit stuff like Dragonite decently hard while also getting around the odd Ability Shield that pokes like Heatran might run in order to beat Ogerpon. Trailblaze is my Grass STAB of choice because the Speed boost can make Ogerpon nearly unstoppable, as things such as Scarf Urshifu are used to check her. The EV spread is a very simple max attack and max speed. Ogerpon does have good defensive options, however with a team like this, the all out offensive variant makes the most sense, and has been by far the most consistent way to go. Overall I think Ogerpon is a great addition to SV BSS, all of her forms are both very unique and quite good in their own way.

———
View attachment 566262
ROBESPIERRE (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect

you poisoned me just for another dollar in your pocket

Gliscor is very polarizing in my experience. The loss of Roost and Guillotine definitely limit its reach, as it relies solely on Protect and Poison Heal for recovery. Even so, Gliscor’s defensive prowess is incredible, and its ability to shut down the majority of stall teams is invaluable. This is just the box standard Gliscor set. Substitute and Protect to stall for Poison Heal and allow Toxic to wear the opponent down, and Earthquake to finish off weakened targets or smack Steel/Poison types trying to block a Toxic. Tera Water is great for Chien-Pao, Urshifu-R and Chi-Yu, allowing Gliscor to get an emergency Toxic off and put these massive threats on a timer. The EV spread is relatively simple. It outruns adamant Breloom while maximizing physical buIk. It’s hard for me to accurately describe my feelings about Gliscor. It has extreme highs and devastating lows, overall I find it to be worth dealing with the lows though, because in certain scenarios Gliscor can be near unbreakable.

———

View attachment 566265
THICC BOYS (Dragonite) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

grab that bat, Babe Ruth, swing that bitch might lose a tooth

It’s Dnite, basically mandatory on BSS teams. Rocky Helmet punishes stuff like scarf Urshifu and other Dnite, if you bait Ogerpon into using Horn Leech Dnite can chip that as well. Espeed, Dragon Dance and Earthquake are pretty self explanatory. Roost pairs well with bulkier Dnite spreads, allowing it to regain Multiscale and continually wear down physical attackers with Helmet chip. EV spread is specced to outspeed Urshifu after a Dragon Dance and then Attack and bulk are maximized as usual. Again, not much to say, it’s Dragonite, it’s the best mon in SV BSS, always has been.

———

View attachment 566264
DRIP FU (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- U-turn

I PRAYED TO GOD AND THEN I WENT TO SLEEP WITH BLOODY HANDS

Urshifu is one of the most consistent damage dealers in Pokémon. Last regulation set I used a Swords Dance variant, and while still viable, I think the best Urshifu this time around is scarf. It gets the jump on so many threats, Ogerpon, Chien-Pao, Chi-Yu, Flutter Mane, Iron Bundle, and Scale Shot users like Baxcalibur are all outsped by scarfed Urshifu. Surging Strikes remains as powerful as ever, with two new Ogerpon forms not really wanting to take it. Ice Spinner is very important coverage against Dragonite in particular, and Close Combat provides great secondary STAB. U-turn is a natural pick on a choiced set, allowing Urshifu to scout switches and maintain momentum. This pairs very well with Ogerpon-H, as they can both take advantage of each others common checks. While it might not quite be in contention for number 1 anymore imo, Urshifu Rapid Strike is still absolutely incredible, and enables maneuvers otherwise impossible on this team.

———

View attachment 566266
SAILOR MOON (Cresselia) @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

I wanna see the sun, blotted out from the sky

Cresselia is a fantastic Pokémon in the current metagame for mostly one reason, it is the single best check to Ursaluna Bloodmoon. Tera Steel and Levitate allow it to wall out both of Ursaluna’s STABs relatively safely, and Calm Mind + Moonlight keep her safe from boosting variants. A simple max Defense max HP spread is used here just to maximize its defensive reach. With this investment Cresselia can cover a few physical threats in addition to checking Bloodmoon, with Tera, she can annoy Chien-Pao that are locked into Icicle Crash, and Dragonite that only use Normal or Dragon and Ground Coverage, which is a lot of them. Calm Mind and Moonlight are essential for this Cresselia’s strategy, and Stored Power is a great x-factor, allowing Cresselia to be more of a threat should whatever it’s attempting to wall stays in to crit fish. Moonblast allows us to both hit the Dark-types that would otherwise thwart Stored Power spam, as well as giving a more consistent move to throw out in the event Cresselia is unable to set up. Cresselia’s item is quite flexible, Leftovers is a fantastic option to preserve moonlight PP, however I went with Covert Cloak to tackle another threat, Garganacl. Cloak also benefits Cress by blocking flinches from the likes of Icicle Crash and Dark Pulse, making her a more sturdy check to pokes that might try to flinch their way past her. Overall I think Cresselia is an incredible pick in Regulation E, easily able to take over games if the opponent over relies on specific mons to do the heavy lifting.

———

View attachment 566263
ASCENSION (Ursaluna-Bloodmoon) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mind's Eye
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Blood Moon
- Hyper Voice
- Vacuum Wave

there’s an iron smell of blood in the air and now I see it everywhere

Ursaluna Bloodmoon is a monster, nearly unparalleled power and immense bulk. Mind’s Eye allowing it to hit ghosts with Normal STAB makes it near impossible to switch into safely. Because of this, I found it reasonable to double up on Normal STAB with Hyper Voice in addition to Blood Moon. This allows Ursaluna to use Normal STAB on consecutive turns despite Blood Moon’s restriction. Vacuum Wave is useful in a variety of scenarios, since most mons that can live Blood Moon will just barely do so, allowing Ursaluna to pick them off with Vacuum Wave. The EV spread is fairly simple, I moved a few EVs into speed for the mirror but that’s all. Tera Fairy is chosen for a couple reasons, resisting Fighting is a big one, allowing Ursaluna to go head to head with the Urshifu forms, in addition to this, the Dragon immunity is huge to thwart the Scale Shot sweepers such as Garchomp and Baxcalibur, allowing scarfed Urshifu to pick them off should Ursaluna not finish the job itself. I find Bloodmoon to be a bit hard to use sometimes, but its potential rewards make it more than worth the risk. It is simply incredible.

———

And that concludes this team report, October was, simply put a hellish month for me. I won’t go into what all happened because it’s quite frankly stuff I don’t want to relive, but my motivation to play was almost completely gone for most of the month. I flopped the BSS Masters tournament as well partly due to my mental state being not all there. My friends are quite literally the only reason I kept going and was able to put this team together. Thank you all so much.

https://pokepast.es/b0069bbd816b6dcb

REPLAYS
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1977890713-v5ytcqtrz0aziqpnemofaum8exi8z1apw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1976349290-4o4k7ut82ypr7il9bcncijvdcdim4xppw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1975397464-8l7rk190u8yn0e7ks95yh4rfdmbwiyvpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1975028195-mc5xmh03xcohjr4jb3azcknx9653uqkpw

———

hand on my heart I swear I made peace with the rain, now I slow dance with the pain
Love this team, minor recommendations would be to add 52 speed EV's to Cresselia and changing Tera type to Poison. The Ev's let you outspeed the maniacs who run jolly 252 Spe Kingambit or BD Azu. Changing Tera type to poison allows Cress be immune to poison as well, but keep it's fighting resist if end up paired with Ursaluna. Only weakness would be Psychic, but those moves are way, way, less common than Fire/Fighting atks.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

I could see scenarios where adding the same exact Evs to Gliscor but to Spdef would be beneficial but that is on a battle to battle basis. Trying this team out on WiFi as we speak

DerpySuX

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Love this team, minor recommendations would be to add 52 speed EV's to Cresselia and changing Tera type to Poison. The Ev's let you outspeed the maniacs who run jolly 252 Spe Kingambit or BD Azu. Changing Tera type to poison allows Cress be immune to poison as well, but keep it's fighting resist if end up paired with Ursaluna. Only weakness would be Psychic, but those moves are way, way, less common than Fire/Fighting atks.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

I could see scenarios where adding the same exact Evs to Gliscor but to Spdef would be beneficial but that is on a battle to battle basis. Trying this team out on WiFi as we speak
The reason for tera steel is specifically to allow Cresselia to check bloodmoon. Tera Poison leaves cress vulnerable to blood moon even once she Teras, and that’s pretty much the main point of cress on this team. Even with calm mind, any tera other than steel has to constantly spam moonlight against bloodmoon, especially if tera normal, and is just one crit away from losing the game entirely. Kingambit isn’t that common in BSS, and neither is azumarill, though I see the idea with the speed, I think that is a change worth messing with, the tera type, however is non negotiable in my opinion. The normal resistance is too important.

Hi, thanks for this rmt! I've been taking this team for a spin on ladder and having a blast being an annoyance with Gliscor, but I can't seem to be able to handle Sneasler and Roaring Moon. How would you do this?

DerpySuX

Hi, thanks for this rmt! I've been taking this team for a spin on ladder and having a blast being an annoyance with Gliscor, but I can't seem to be able to handle Sneasler and Roaring Moon. How would you do this?
Sneasler can usually be walled out with cress, if not just outright KO’d by Urshifu. These are mons that are rather difficult to check once they get going though, so your best bet is to pressure them and try to prevent them from coming in safely to begin with. If Gliscor manages to get a substitute up against either of them it also becomes significantly easier to handle, roaring moon can be toxic stalled and Sneasler is vulnerable to EQ. Scarf Urshifu is definitely your friend here though.

Theres also fairy Tera on bloodmoon. Resisting close combat from Sneasler and both of Rmoons STABs, you can tank even a boosted hit from either of them and fire back really hard. Its pretty case dependent which of these is your best course of action, but regardless the best method is to limit the number of turns they get to begin with

Bloodmoon certainly doesn't run Moonblast all that much. I'm not saying you should at all, but few if any other special attackers get moonblast w/o it being a big deal. What is the issue w/ Moonblast on BM? Certainly it doesn't fix anything vs Corv, actually making it worse if they switch in on it and drop your SpA lol. But is what it hits less valuable than bypassing sub, priority, a typed tera blast, or ground STAB? It sure is a powerhouse to not immediately grab for moonblast since it has it, even w/ the fairy tera it isn't a great option...seemingly. Or is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)