The Bomberplane! Togekiss Discussion

Well, I looked and we haven't had one of these...
So heres a discussion for my favorite 4th gen!
And he looks like a bomber plane or something.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/468.shtml

He lacks a big picture that i can easily find...

Stats: 85 HP/ 50 Att / 95 Def / 120 SpecAtt / 115 SpecDef / 80 Speed

Ability: Hustle (Attack damage x1.5, but averages 80% accuracy)
Serene Grace (Doubles the chance of extra effects)

Normal/Flying Type
Weaknesses: Electric, Ice, Rock
Resistances: Grass, Bug
Immunities: Ghost, Ground

Some nice immunities can help him get in. Resistances aren't that great, and the weaks are kinda common, but with his pretty nice defenses he can take a hit. He also has great healing.

Physical Movepool
With 50 attack? Are you kidding?

Special Movepool (this is where he comes though) (* for STAB)
Aura Sphere
*Air slash
Magical Leaf
Ancient Power
Water Pulse
Hidden Power
*Hyper Beam
Solar beam
Psychic
Shadowball
Shockwave
Flamethrower
Fireblast
Silver Wind
Grass Knot
Future Sight

Support Movepool (Wow.)
Wish
Charm
Sweet Kiss
Yawn
Encore
Safeguard
Baton Pass
Toxic
Lightscreen
Protect
Reflect
Rest
Roost
Attract
Endure
Thunder Wave
Psych Up
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Substitute (Egg move as well)
Lucky Chant
Psycho Shift
Nasty Plot@@@ (Scheme)

Wow. Huge move pool. The special moves offer great coverage and have pretty nice power.

Togekiss @ Leftovers/CG
Modest Nature
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Spec Attack / 4 Hp
-Nasty Plot/Attack if CG
-Air Slash
-Grass Knot
-Whatever your team needs most
Special Sweeper or CG set

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Bolt Nature
EVs for Hp/Defenses
-Baton Pass
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash/Grass Rope
-Wish/Grass Rope

Scheme Passer

And Last but not least, The star of Flinchhax.
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Modest/Bold/Timid Nature
EVs: Hp for Leftovers, Some Spec attack, Speed. (Serebii is slow now, sorry, can't get exact ones)
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-
Thunder Wave/Scheme/Roost/Reflect/Lightscrene/Grass Rope
-Thunder Wave/S
cheme/Roost/Reflect/Lightscrene/Grass Rope

This guy has so many possibilities, its crazy. He has great stats to back up the moves as well.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Actually, Togekiss can Body Slam with Serene Grace to paralyze Ground types, so its physical movepool isn't entirely worthless. It also gets Softboiled from ADV if you don't want Roost; Roost is probably better, though, because Flying's resistances aren't too great other than Ground, and neutral BoltBeam doesn't do much to 115 base SpD.

Sorry, but we have. You see the sticky about Discussion threads? There must be like four Togekiss threads in there.

Okay, to not be totally off-topic, Togekiss pretty much has three movesets:

Togekiss
-Air Slash
-TWave
-Roost
-Aura Sphere
Flinchaxer.

Togekiss:
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere/Grass Rope
-Nasty Plot
-Roost/Baton Pass
Stat-upper.

Togekiss:
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere/Grass Rope
-Wish/Roost
-Light Screen
Tank/Special Wall.

Flying+Fighting is resisted only by Zapdos and Rotomu. Flying+Grass is resisted by more but covers more threats. Yah, Togekiss has been discussed to death. Surgo even made a team around it.

Aha! Thats how he got softboiled, people mentioned it, but I never saw it on Serebii. I'll edit it in.

Ah yeah, Body Slam is an option (the only physical one =p) so i'll put that in.

Thanks

Oh, I suppose he has been talked about, but they're kinda old :\
I missed the sticky when i searched for the discussion, oops.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hustle gives this thing 327 Atk btw. With STAB on Extremespeed it could actually hurt stuff if it doesn't miss

Physical Togekiss = the GOD of surprise kills.

gotta use Hustle and most people would do a choice item, i'd love to get my team swept by a PhysKiss ;)

Togepi gets Tri-Attack from XD, so Togekiss does have access to special Normal STAB other than Hyper Beam, but it loses the ability to use Nasty Plot if you go with Tri-Attack. Thus:

Togekiss @ Choice Glasses
Serene Grace
Modest/Timid nature
- Tri-Attack
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Grass Knot

Yes? No?

Actually, Togekiss can Body Slam with Serene Grace to paralyze Ground types, so its physical movepool isn't entirely worthless. It also gets Softboiled from ADV if you don't want Roost; Roost is probably better, though, because Flying's resistances aren't too great other than Ground, and neutral BoltBeam doesn't do much to 115 base SpD.
With 95 Base Def, an Earthquake from a CBTar would wreck it if I'm not mistaken. Roost isn't that great, especially here. Softboiled is the better option.

With 95 Base Def, an Earthquake from a CBTar would wreck it if I'm not mistaken. Roost isn't that great, especially here. Softboiled is the better option.
I don't know why CBTar would come in and EQ... Even if its on the roost turn, if its just one turn, it should be gone by the time Ttar attacks. An Aura Sphere can probably OHKO him though, but maybe not in a sandstorm.

Uh, STAB SE Stone Edge is much better than Togekiss than EQ, even if it Roosts. Togekiss' only option against TTar is to Aura Sphere or switch. Not that anyone should bring TTar in on a poke known to carry Grass Rope and Aura Sphere.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Encore on a base 80 speeder is nothing to be sniffed at, especially one with an easily-exploitable immunity. My set would look something like this:
- Encore
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Air Slash

come in on the EQ, encore, nasty plot as they switch, baton pass out (or slash them if you think you can handle it)

Togekiss can also use Focus Punch the same way Alakazam occasionally did in RSE, so there's another physical option.

=P

Uh, STAB SE Stone Edge is much better than Togekiss than EQ, even if it Roosts. Togekiss' only option against TTar is to Aura Sphere or switch. Not that anyone should bring TTar in on a poke known to carry Grass Rope and Aura Sphere.
Also to add to that, Tyrannitar shouldn't even be able to get an attack off to begin with before Togekiss Aura Spheres it to hell due to the large difference in speed.

I predict a lot of really frustrating flinch hax fun. For instance, against a slower poke that doesn't get OHKO'd by Aura Sphere, you can use Air Slash first to soften them up and rely on the 60% flinch.

Togekiss vs Regirock:

Togekiss used Air Slash!
Regirock took a random fraction!
Regirock flinched!

Togekiss used Aura Sphere!
Regirock fainted!

~ Light Screen
~ Counter
~ Tri Attack
~ Shadow Ball
@ Leftovers

Man, that sounds like so much fun. Counter comes from FRLG Move Tutor, Tri Attack from XD, and both others from TM. Shame Nasty Plot + Tri Attack is illegal.

This guy is one of the support pokemon of d/p imo.
I just love that movepool.
He can double screen. He can use Counter and Light Screen. He has 3 statusing moves; toxic, thunder wave and yawn, the first of which is good on it because nothing with guts is dying to swap into kiss, thunder wave of course if you want to be gay and flinchhax, and yawn if you want to use it in tandem with Wish/Baton Pass on a Stealth Rock and Spike team.
He can sweep decently, with CS or otherwise.
Gets Wish and Softboiled, as well as Roost.

I really love Togekiss. Especially the way that if you're looking for a supportive Pokemon, Togekiss has a high chance of having what you're looking for.
He also works great with Rhyperior.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
CBSet
@ Choice Band
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Extremespeed
- Focus Punch
- Flamethrower
- Aerial Ace/Air Slash/Thunder Wave/Return
Yeah this thing learns Focus Punch iirc. Return can dent bulky waters hard. Hurts almost as much as a Jolly Staraptor. Focus Punch completely owns Blissey on the switch

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Modest/Serene Grace
252 SpA/252 Speed

-Air Slash
-Grass Knot
-Shadow Ball
-Aura Spehere

bumping because togekiss is kickass and it needs more attention

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 152 HP / 200 Spd / 158 SAtk
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Thunder Wave + Air Slash = win.

If Flinch Hax Togekiss gets popular, maybe Humble Heart Lucario has sort of a use.

sigh, for pokes with bad abilities.

Lucario's weak to Aura Sphere, Gallade's weak to Air Slash. I don't see pokemon with Steadfast as good counters to a Flinch Hax Togekiss, unless someone else gets Steadfast that I'm not aware of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)