the cheese taste better in the basement

how good is the team?

• Total voters

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if your looking for originality the get out since you wont see any of that here, sorry for bad english

Team Preview

The Team

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
bring sand to help against other weather, i like this guy because he's really strong and people expect weak sassy tyran so it attack can really hurt. I always bring this against drizzle (or anyother weather really) because it left me know what kind of politoed it is, is it slow or fast, and use that knowledge afterwards... regardless if i have sand or not i switch in celebi or rotom (whichever is more "useless") afterward to counter politoed/drizzle. i never like exposing this guy until the time is right so sometimes even with his power I just send him out and rght back in to bring weather... spd ev allows to outrun wobb in a dire need

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
i like celebi because it brings nice resistance to my team which otherwise might stuggle against, along with rotom i use these two to combat drizzle teams which otherwise might put the smackdown to my team, i like the coverage this mon brings to table to dent dumb steels looking to ruin exca's fun, wish I could run recover over nasty plot since i kind don't use it that much and don't like running two moves for attack since celebi is easy to wall. spd ev iirc to outrun adament haxorus

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Fire]
my other defense for drizzle teams, I like how (with celebi) it can take down excas counters, i dont have much too say since it has the same role as celebi with some minor differences here and there, also with heatran and celebi it completes the fwg core that people seem to love. though I'm thinking of a more bulkier set and ideas smogon guys?

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
many very improtant member, seems weird to run ballon and sr on the same set but its needed, i look at team preview to determine if ballon is really needed, this is one of my checks to excadriswhich you cannot have enough off, also helps against those dragonites everywhere and such. evs pretty standard

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
this guy mostly soften exca's counters like skarmory/gliscor/bronzong and checks like rotom/ballon heatran and random fighting types thatgive excadrill fits. they get lured in and beaten up so excadrill can work his magic... i like this guy because it "sort of" acts like a mini excadrill just trying to overpower their checks/counters to make each other's like easier.. once again evs pretty standard

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
excadrill, best late game sweeper ever.... outspeeding everything and killing almost everything in his path... once i eliminate the "almost" its pretty much gg, moveset carefully choicen to at least hit bronzong for neutral and skarmory and other flyers and such, really no need to expain what he does do I?

For ttar i recommend repacing a move other than stone edge with superpower, it is great for stuff like ferrothorn
Celebii seems like a good choice
The better spread for that rotom is 252 hp/ 128 def or spdef/ the rest in spatk and speed, or something like that. Sorry i cant be more specifi
Heatran prefers timid nature, not modest
Lando and exca seem good

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello.

Pretty cool team, I only have a couple of small suggestions. First off I disagree with Ben. Timid Heatran outspeeds nothing of importance. Keep Modest for that extra. power.

Your team heavily relies on Rotom-Ws resistances so I suggest I bit of a bulkier set like you said.
Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
evs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest nature
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder Wave
-Pain Split

It's pretty similar to the set your using right now. You say you use Rotom is to combat rain teams, but your using HP fire? Thunder Wave might be a suitable replacement as you can catch the common Lati@s switch-in, leaving them slow enough for the rest of your team to deal with.

I also recommend using Rapid Spin on Excadrill over X-Scissor. Your porbably using X-Scissor to hit Latias/Latios, but you already have Tyranitar to eliminate the Lati's prior to atempting an Exca sweep. Rapid Spin gives you ensurance against standard stall. None of your guys are hazard weak, but with such an offensive team you'll often have to swich around your guys to get a favourable matchup. To many hazards on your side of the feild can really put a damper on this.

Also consider Rock Polish on Landorus over Swords Dance. Heatran and Celebi are pretty shaky counters to opposing Excadrill. After 1 RP, Lando out-speeds the mole along with the other genies. You won't be missing out on too much power since LO Sandforce boosted Edge-Quake is pretty overkill even without an SD boost.

You don't really have a solid switch in to strong dragon type moves and you'll have a hard time against opposing sand teams so I recommend Bronzong over Heatran. You get to keep your rocks and you now have a sturdy mixed wall that can fend off the likes of Latios, Excadrill or Landorus. Also, his Ice resistance could be useful to your team. I think the standard tank spread it 252 HP / 92 Atk / 104 SDef / 60 Def with a moveset of | Earthquake | Stealth Rock | Protect | HP Ice |. You could use Gyroball over Protect, but I like Protect to mess with Outrage spammers and that extra recovery is nice.

I might be back with more later, I'm a bit tierd -_-

good luck!

Terrakion / Excadrill holding an Air Balloon can 6-0 this team very easily [especially if they carry X-Scissor for Celebi) once they grab a Swords Dance versus Tyranitar locked into Crunch or Pursuit, since your only method of outspeeding them, Excadrill, can't use Earthquake thanks to the temporary ground immunity. Heatran seems like the most replaceable member; he's setting up Stealth Rock when you've already got an extremely solid SR setter in Tyranitar, so my suggestion is to use a Gliscor over Tran to fix the aforementioned weaknesses. Since that means you'll lose SR, I'd change Tyranitar's set to compensate for this; since you will be running alot more bulk on it now, this'll give you a much more secure Latios counter.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Impish | Poison Heal | EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spe
Swords Dance | Protect | Earthquake | Ice Fang

244 HP gives a max Poison Heal number, which is very useful when abusing its recovery with Protect; 176 Def hits a bonus point; and 88 Spe will outrun most other Gliscor.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry | Sassy | EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD
Stealth Rock | Crunch | Flamethrower | Pursuit / Superpower

The last move is really up to you, although I definitely recommend Pursuit because otherwise Latios can repeatedly come in versus Celebi to nab a Draco Meteor KO; Superpower may be helpful for other Tyranitar, though.

Good luck with your team!

Hi

This looks like a standard but solid sandstorm team. I got a few little suggestions though.

First off you are going to have a tough time against strong physical attacks like Terrakion, Excadrill and Terrakion. The Gliscor suggestion made by BKC is a good one although I think that Skarmory can fit as well. This will also give you a more solid resist against Outrage spammers and Dragon Dance Scrafty as well. It also provides you with a Spike user and a Phazer. I suggest a moveset of Spikes / Whirlwind / Brave Bird / Roost with an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef and Shed Shell as the held item (so you won't be trapped by Mag + Drag teams). Sturdy is the preferred ability and can come in handy on occasions. Also make Skarmory female so Rivalry Haxorus can't do to much damage with Outrage.

Rain teams are also going to give you problems as 4 of your guys are weak to Water type attacks. You have 2 resists but without much investment in bulk and the lack of a (reliable) recovery move doesn't help you very much. To help you fix this problem I'm gonna suggest a bulkier EV spread for Rotom first. Try a spread of 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe with a Modest nature. Since Rotom-W is your main guy to combat Rain pokes Will-o-wisp is preferred over Hidden Power [Fire], because Rain will seriously weakened it's power. I also suggest Recover on Celebi for the aforementioned reason. If you take my Skarmory suggestion you have no SR user so to fix both these problem I suggest a slightly different Celebi set. A moveset of Stealth Rock / Recover / Psychic / Leaf Storm coupled with an EV spread of 220 HP / 248 SAtk / 40 Spe will suffice. This variant of IB's Celebi will give you a more reliable check to Rain team and pokes like Conkeldurr. It can also set up Stealth Rock. You can tweak the moves if you want though.

I also suggest the Air Balloon on Excadrill and Rapid Spin instead of Sword Dance. There are no spin blocker that can safely switch into Excadrill and with Landorus weakening or taking out Excadrill's counters the boost from Sword Dance isn't really needed. Spinning away entry hazards will help you against stall based team. Air Balloon can help you against opposing Excadrill who can be a problem too. Since most run an Adamant nature you can outspeed and take them out. Air Balloon also makes it easier for Excadrill to switch-in since it gives him a Ground immunity and makes makes him take no Spikes damage.

Also try Aqua Tail over Ice Punch on Tyranitar. You can still hit Gliscor hard, but you will also be able to hit Air Balloon users and the likes opposing Tyranitar, Terrakion, Excadrill, etc. Tyranitar also doesn't need Max attack on a Choice Band set, as you will get the same amount of kills with less Atk EV's anyway. A more bulkier spread like 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SDef will make it easier for Tyranitar to switch in. And if you want Landorus to take on all of Excadrill's counter you could try Smack Down instead of Stone Edge. This allows you to hit Skarmory, Bronzong, Rotom, etc with Earthquake. To make it easier to predict you could also try Substitute instead of Sword Dance and Leftovers as the item to provide more survivability (you won't need Sword Dance anymore since you now can can hit Skarmory and the likes with a SE Earthquake).

Hope these suggestions helped and good luck with the team.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
Thanks for the suggestion guys! Terrakion is still a bitch.

I wonder where all the raters are at... or was this a bad time for a bump? :(

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
Also, made the change to Heatran to Skarmory, made both Celebi and Rotom bulkier, made Celebi the SR user and I alternate Rapid Spin/Sword Dance with Exca... I don't like the power loss from Air Balloon... oh and that Smack Down set is working wonders.

But I really wish Poison Heal Gliscor learned Stealth Rocks... lolThanks for the advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)