The Choice is Yours! (OU RMT)

So, I was fooling around with my friend, cazthedogwatcher, about some crazy themed teams. We started with all CBed dragons (OUTRAGE SPAM... skarm has to die eventually?), and then broadened to an all choice team. There were many things going for the team.

In my view, pokemon is like a tough rock paper scissors game. Offense beats Gimmicks, Gimmicks beat Stall, and Stall beat Offense. Well, an all choice team (TRICK) is both Offense and Gimmick at the same time, and hence should perform quite well.

And I wasn't wrong. Here is a surprisingly effective team (at least in the 1300s).

TEAM The Choice Is Yours!

At A Glance:

IN DEPTH:

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 16 HP/240 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
---

Starting off with blazing speed is Azelf. The #1 lead, he is unquestionably capable of doing its job.

With huge attack (240 EVs) and blazing speed (scarf on 115 base), azelf is a perfect U-Turn scouter. In addition, U-Turn + Bullet Punch beats fragile leads, such as Aerodactyl and Opposing Azelf. Explosion is a no brainer: its on 80% of all azelfs! A 250 base power move coming off 346 attack (at 541 speed) is nothing to laugh at. SR is mandatory: best move in the game. Trick is to set me immediately ahead in stall (especially against hippowdon leads). Later in the game, if scarf is still intact, azelf is my best revenge killer (with explosion).

Max speed is to be VERY fast. Should I change that? since 541 speed might be a bit overkill. 240 Atk EVs let it OHKO Swampert with Explosion always, and 16 HP EVs let it survive Metagross' meteor mash.

Role for team: SR, Cripple Wall, Revenge Kill

Flygon (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
---

Flygon brings with itself a twave absorber, ground immunity, and enormous power. Banded STAB Outrage is extremely powerful, even if only coming off of 100 base power. Fire Blast is very useful in catching Skarmory (2HKO), and Scizor and Forretress (1HKO), who are common switchins. EQ and Outrage are for STAB, and U-Turn is... U-Turn.

Role for team: Useful immunities, Outrage spamming, beating Skarm and Forry.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- U-turn
---

The #1 Pokemon makes an appearance on this team. With nothing on the team strong enough to revengekill a +2 Spe poke (scarfers revenge +1 Spe), I needed priority. And I needed STRONG priority. The answer lay in scizor's 90 BP bullet punch (Lol BP = Bullet Punch GET IT). This is the standard CB Scizor set. 248 HP let it take less damage from SR. In addition to revenge killing, Scizor is extremely bulky physically, allowing it to take outrages (STEEL TYPING FTW), and can absorb twave to a certain extent (and toxic!)

Role for team: Revenge Kill, Tank dragon hits

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Ice Punch
---

Ahhhh... Haxachi. Jirachi brings a second dragon resist (darn magnezone), as well as a second tricker to beat stall, as well as having a "check" for tricky things, if I'm lucky with Iron Head. U-Turn, again, is for scouting and changing moves. Ice Punch allows me to kill Salamence and Gliscor. My team is fine in handling scizor, with Infernape (and Flygon (Fire Blast) and Starmie (Hydro Pump), to a certain extent), although i might switch it out to thunderpunch for Gyarados. Ice punch might be more fitting, since he resists dragon.

Roles for team: Flinchhax, Revenge, Tank Dragon Hits, Cripple Wall

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
---

This is my main revenge killer. Close Combat and Flare Blitz make a duo of 120 STABs. Stone Edge is for coverage (Flying types that CC doesn't hit), and U-Turn is again for scouting and not being stuck on a move in switch in. He outspeeds Salamence, Gyara, and TTar after a DD, and they usually stay in thinking they'll outspeed a base 108.

Roles for team: Revenge, Sweeping (CC), beat scizor

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
---

The final member of my team is the infamous star. My third tricker lets me disable another wall, and other moves are just for coverage. Hydro Pump's accuracy is lackluster, but it does let me KO DDtar after SR. Should I switch it for Surf? In addition, I'm thinking about adding Choice Scarf, since Gyarados is somewhat a problem, and it makes starmie a solid revenge killer.

Roles for team: ONLY SPECIAL ATTACKER (Fix This?), Cripple Wall.

My team has problems with Skarm/Forry after Flygon and Starmie are gone. In addition, Jolteon can do some good damage. Magnezone is a huge problem: I lose two pokes to it (UNLESS JIRACHI CAN FLINCHHAX IT!).

Possible Ideas:
Jirachi for Scarf Roserade
Scarf Starmie
Latias over Flygon

Version 2.0 (currently in testing)

At A Glance:

IN DEPTH:

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 16 HP/240 Atk/252 Spd
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
---

Starting off with blazing speed is Azelf. The #1 lead, he is unquestionably capable of doing its job.

With huge attack (240 EVs) and blazing speed (scarf on 115 base), azelf is a perfect U-Turn scouter. In addition, U-Turn + Bullet Punch beats fragile leads, such as Aerodactyl and Opposing Azelf. Explosion is a no brainer: its on 80% of all azelfs! A 250 base power move coming off 346 attack (at 541 speed) is nothing to laugh at. SR is mandatory: best move in the game. Trick is to set me immediately ahead in stall (especially against hippowdon leads). Later in the game, if scarf is still intact, azelf is my best revenge killer (with explosion).

Max speed is to be VERY fast. Should I change that? since 541 speed might be a bit overkill. 240 Atk EVs let it OHKO Swampert with Explosion always, and 16 HP EVs let it survive Metagross' meteor mash.

Role for team: SR, Cripple Wall, Revenge Kill

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

---

Latias is a new addition, replacing Flygon. The specs set keeps the enormous power of banded outrage, and makes it even stronger with Specs Draco Meteor. Surf/Tbolt/DM yields perfect coverage. In addition, Latias brings another tricker to destroy stall.

Role for team: Tank Special Hits, Dragon STAB, Cripple Wall

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- U-turn
---

The #1 Pokemon makes an appearance on this team. With nothing on the team strong enough to revengekill a +2 Spe poke (scarfers revenge +1 Spe), I needed priority. And I needed STRONG priority. The answer lay in scizor's 90 BP bullet punch (Lol BP = Bullet Punch GET IT). This is the standard CB Scizor set. 248 HP let it take less damage from SR. In addition to revenge killing, Scizor is extremely bulky physically, allowing it to take outrages (STEEL TYPING FTW), and can absorb twave to a certain extent (and toxic!)

Role for team: Revenge Kill, Tank dragon hits

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Ice Punch
---

Ahhhh... Haxachi. Jirachi brings a second dragon resist (darn magnezone), as well as a second tricker to beat stall, as well as having a "check" for tricky things, if I'm lucky with Iron Head. U-Turn, again, is for scouting and changing moves. Ice Punch allows me to kill Salamence and Gliscor. My team is fine in handling scizor, with Infernape (and Flygon (Fire Blast) and Starmie (Hydro Pump), to a certain extent), although i might switch it out to thunderpunch for Gyarados. Ice punch might be more fitting, since he resists dragon.

Roles for team: Flinchhax, Revenge, Tank Dragon Hits, Cripple Wall

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
---

This is my main revenge killer. Close Combat and Flare Blitz make a duo of 120 STABs. Stone Edge is for coverage (Flying types that CC doesn't hit), and U-Turn is again for scouting and not being stuck on a move in switch in. He outspeeds Salamence, Gyara, and TTar after a DD, and they usually stay in thinking they'll outspeed a base 108.

Roles for team: Revenge, Sweeping (CC), beat scizor

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
---

The final member of my team is the infamous star. With the addition of choice scarf, it now is an effective revenge killer. As well, I added rapid spin, as Latias has Trick, in order to minimize switch damage.

Roles for team: Special Attacker, Revenge Killer for Gyarados and Salamence. Ahhhh 4 move syndrome.

This new team is still in testing, but an apparent weakness is CB Pursuit Tyranitar, beating Azelf, Latias, and Starmie. Starmie's surf only does 45.7% - 54.1% (hydro pump does 57.2% - 68.2%, but i've had enough of that missing), whereas Pursuit easily OHKOs, even if i choose not to switch. Latias' draco meteor gets 53.5% - 63%, clearly not enough, whereas Pursuit does min 79%. Explosion does 63.8% - 75.3%, and U-Turn 36.2% - 43%. Also, darn swampert.

Ideas: DUGTRIO. :D.​

Thank you for reading my RMT!

Well you really should have rapid spin because you will be switching alot. You could make Infernape mixed to add more special attacks.

You could always go for Life Orb Rapid Spinning Starmie. I know it would ruin your team's "theme", but it's pretty popular now. But then you might want to look into a Wisher for your team or give Starmie Recover. But again, that would mess up your team. ..............Hope I'm making sense here. ^^;

Ok, after using your team for quite awhile on Shoddy I noticed a few things.
1 is that Starmie and Flygon just don't do enough damage with their band/specs.
2 is that having all scarfed pokemon against a torment Heatran is an instant loss. It can just wait until Infernape is in FlareBlitz, sub up and destroy your entire team. It is definitely the biggest threat, as torment Heatran is fairly popular on Bulky offensive and Stall teams. However a good tran counter would break the Choice set up :(.
3 is that Scizor and Jirachi are your only defensive pokemon. Starmie can switch in to some things, but repeated switches into moves wear it down very quickly. You have nothing to take repeated neutral Special hits.

On the positive side, this team is remarkably good at breaking stall. Blissey gets demolished switching into tricks. Not to mention your team is so physical the pink fat mess doesn't do much to it. Stallers not crippled by trick include: . Props to your Azelf lead. I use one that's similar myself, and believe it is the best lead I've ever used. U-turn breaks sashes and you have the fastest SR out of any lead. Have to be wary of tricking slower leads, as some people like to switch in a scarfed Ttar. U turn does a nice number on it though.

To improve your team but lose the theme I'd suggest Suicune to set up on Heatrans. Suicune also single handedly counters all DD'ers at +1 tanking even Salamence Outrages. It laughs at the bulky ones even more.

Now to improve your team while keeping it's awesome theme, I would replace two of Flygon, Starmie or Jirachi. As I said Flygon and Starmie do not do enough damage which is critical to beating bulky offense teams (Which the current metagame loves). Haxachi is a good revenge killer, however you could change Flygon to a scarf or even better, Starmie to scarf. Starmie hits from the special side, so DDmence and DD Gyarados usually by one hit since usually the bulky ones do Def/HP not S. Def.

Also you need a sponge. Your team does not like Special attacks in the slightest. I think that your mention of (Specs) Latias would be the best overall. Specs Draco Meteor is devastating, even 2HKOing some Ttar switch ins.
The only other sponge that might work is Choice Banded Giga impact Blissey......

A real idea is Banded Salamence. It's almost never used so people expect a DDer and imediately freak out and switch to a counter. You already have a +1 atk and enough offensive options to make Rambo jealous. And of course eliminate Switch ins.

Overall:
Great team :). Managed to pass 1000 CRE easily in about 10 games. Also it was one of the funnest teams I've used in a loooong time.

Thanks for the lengthy, extensive rate demonzero! Yes, I've actually met a tormenttran once and got COMPLETELY destroyed by it. I was thinking of maybe having a scarf/specs zapdos, to take some hits as well as having access to roar (to own tran). Specs Latias also sounds very good, as Specs Stab Draco Meteor is just devastating (even to some steels, such as forry and skarm).

Lol blissey.

I agree, Stall is easily destroyed by Trick. Suicune doesn't exactly work out with choice items, but i might make another team based on this one that, instead of having a fun theme (rain dance, sunny day, choice, gravity, explosion/self-destruct), is an offensive laddering team.

Again, thanks for the rate!

I like the theme of your team, and being able to shut down up to 3 opposing threats with Trick is attractive to the point that it makes me drool, but there are certain things than can ruin this. To begin with, all of your pokés will be choiced into a move to start with, unless you Trick right off the bat. I can see Sub Breloom having fun coming in on something he resists, and setting up a sub. You'll have to take a turn breaking the sub (being unable to Trick due to sub), which essentially gives Breloom a free turn to do whatever he wants. DDmence can be a potential rape factor if he can come in on something he resists and sets up in the meantime (The only real option would be to go to Azelf if they didn't already Trick away their Scarf). I'd hate to break the overall theme, but you're going to need a phazer or something or else you could get destroyed by a set-up sweeper coming in on something it resists (SD Lucario's Extremespeed - assuming one SD - would absolutely decimate your team too if ScarfRachi was down). Sorry if I come across noobish, I don't battle too often, but this is just my personal opinion.

4/6 pokemon on my team have u-turn, which I spam a lot. Breloom does not like taking a u-turn from anyone, and chances are if it switches in, it gets hurt. In addition, if i'm not locked in, i have some fun tricking him when he subs :D.

I've had some trouble with SD Luke. Usually, I sack jirachi to get it at -1 or -2 Def, and beat it wit BP. I was thinking of maybe having a specs zapdos with roar, heat wave, tbolt, and hp grass.

I was also going to make a standard offensive team off this. Scarf azelf is surprisingly good, and it survives 80% of the time to be a late game exploder. Maybe having a CM/Recover/Refresh/Dpulse latias would be good (to abuse free turns), and expert belt starmie, as well as SD Luke to abuse physically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)