the CHOICE SPECS G-WEEZING renaissance (ladder peak #1 2040+)

HYpertonix

OUPL Champion
Here is the team for you (i made it a clickable link yw):
:Walking Wake::Maushold-Four::Dragonite::Weezing-Galar::Great Tusk::Muk-Alola:

proof of peak:

you can enjoy pokemon and still preserve the high calibur competitive aspect of the game without using the monotonous standard crap. there I said it. theres so much creative freedom in this game with billions of possibilities so why do i only see rillaboom sneasler.

this team is about having fun while also inciting domination upon ur opponent. Never let anyone tell u what is and isn't possible . everything is about hard work and learning from mistakes. i show mike my ideas and he says they r not feasible. yet here we are at number one no BS winner winner chicken dinner. shoutout the deodorant lord, this 1 goes out to u brother

here before u is a team i created and topped the SVOU ladder with using CHOICE SPECS WEEZING-GALAR , maushold and muk-alola among other interesting fellas. they r like 1 big family

ok so

Walking Wake @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flip Turn
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Steam
- Flamethrower
Firstly is mr walking wake. a really solid lead for the team because of this underrated set i have here for u, choice scarf 3 atk + flip turn. its a really fun pivot option and proves quite useful vs fire types such as cind and heatran whomst are pretty annoying to deal with vs this team. u can catch cind off guard and ohko it on T1 if ur feeling saucy but its a good idea to save HP. great for catching dragapults lackin on the ladder too. this guy is tera steel to resist dragon and fairy and its also for grassy glide and espeeds, since wake's speed is so good they often opt to try killing it with prio moves. good tran switchin and relatively strong guy in general super fun

Maushold-Four @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Encore
Next is maushold-four. THIS GUY IS INSANE! they try to tell me maushold is a bad pokemon and i simply cannot empathize with such a mental affliction, because i find great success with this gentleman and believe anyone who thinks its objectively a bad pokemon should be sent to some kind of hospital for their head/brains. encore is a really important aspect of this team for breaking bulky stuff, pop bomb is SO STRONG AND FOR WHAT, and tidy up is extra hazard control cuz we dont have any boots on this team + band dnite. with knock synergy from muk this thing always puts in work. or u sac it to some strong ass mon, i do that sometimes. tera steel for the same reasons as wake. priority is obnoxious and u can encore the sucker punches

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Ice Spinner
- Earthquake
dnite is here next and he is choice banded because immediate power is great. tera normal Espeed is incredible for late game for picking off lil pokemon and whatever. Outrage is crazy strong. spinner/quake coverage has been doing just fine for me i wouldn't change em. gotta be careful with this guy cuz he isn't boots, so make sure ur really intelligent when u send him in. this guy usually only comes out in the latter half of the game

Weezing-Galar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strange Steam
- Sludge Bomb
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
NEXT IS THE MAN HIMSELF MR GWEEZING @ CHOICE SPECS . they called me crazy. they called me horrible words. but i stood true to my convictions and deployed this absolute menace of a pokemon onto the SVOU ladder and oh boy did no one have jack shit for it. this is a BAIT MON. false sense of security for ur opponent and then oh whats that? ohko everything. it hits 219 SPEED STAT which is such a weird speed tier for it and no one sees it comin sof ast. it switches into no-knock-off-gliscor, chomp, ting lu, tusk without worry and gets off insanely strong hits, OHKOS all gholds and gambits with overheat, 2hkos gkings ceruledges skeledirge with shadow ball, and is an unreliable switchin to things like zamazenta and iron val. tera fire lets u get off even stronger overheats if ur clickin it more than once, while letting u resist steel which is the most common SE type move clicked on this guy. it is really incredible stuff

Great Tusk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
Next is tusk. this guy is the phys wall of the team + hazards and spin. rocky helmet proves extremely useful for chipping u-turners, opposing maus, gambit, and in general forcing a bit of progress while scaring things out in order to get a rapid spin off per se. spinner is necessary for gliscors and dnites and hitting ogerpon when u tera dragon. there isn't much to say about tusk as its the most standard thing i have on this team. u know the drill

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Protect
Finally muk. This thing is hella underrated! i was very pleasantly surprised to pilot this mon and find that it sits on a ton of teams spreading knocks and poisons. i elected to use black sludge for things like trick gholdengo. Muk can check heatran with drain punch, ohko gambit and weavs with it too. jab and knock are staples and protect comes in clutch not only for lefties recovery but also to stall weather and trick room which is crucial for this team's success in general. i use tera fairy because i found after ~100 games with it that the type i'd like to resist the most is fighting(zama) and dragon(pult) on this team. thats just what i found but i dont rlly tera too much with this guy due to sludge. he's a ton of fun and a great sdef wall that tanks volt switches like its nothing. almost

MISC REPLAYS IF U WANNA SEE
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1987001912-l51u3plvrmceyeve0mv78auls49omizpw?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1986680264-ompwhoftlho0sajmgmgxaaquwvigmw6pw?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1986399876-g8jnt1n6qb9t1jxkrnzly4zix0pp690pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1986368183-l9ewp61rhn7zbe107eg2y7123ki49t5pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1986361526-95eghu10uatxxrag8e7fom5m8wij5f4pw

i made this team and spent a few hours going from 1000elo ->#1 because i enjoy the game but more importantly to prove to some of my friends that u dont have to be a stuck up square in order to be great at this game. lets all reach new heights with cool fun pokemon together. forever ! i love this game bye

-HYper

Last edited:
I come from the Lokix Organization Labor Unit (LOL U) to tell you to cease and desist immediately or we will use force.
Impressive team + peak tho.

Last edited:
This is by far the coolest team Ive seen in OU this gen, truly a work of art. Congrats on getting #1! Well deserved!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)