ORAS OU THE DOGE, HO team ft. some UU mons

This music has no rapport with the rmt but I wanted to put it, so I do it.

Hey smogoners o/ There is my new team, built around Entei. let's go o/

I) Teambuilding Process
So, I wanted to play one of my favourites mons, who is Entei. I took the Choice Bander set and not the Life orber one because Banded adamant E-Speed put an incredible pressure on most offenses teams, and Banded Sacred Fire had only a few secure switch-ins.

Well, this monster has only a few secure swtch-ins like I said earlier, who are bulky-water types, like Rotom-W and Slowbro. Also, it had a few trouble to pass bulky grounds types, so I add a mon who can take care of these mons, offensive M-Venusaur.

After that, the team was pretty weak to fast strong attackers like M-Lopunny so I added a TankChomp, who is also my rock setter o/

I wanted another thing to get rid of pesky grounds types, and also something for Life Orber Tornadus, which was a bit of a problem, so I added an Assault Vest Azumarill.

After that, I wanted something else for bulky water types, because I had nothing except M-Venusaur who can break something like Slowbro, so I added a Raikou.

So, I needed an Hazard remover because Entei don't like Rocks, and also a check to Lati@s and M-altaria, I choose to add a Scarfed Excadrill to the squad.

But ScarfExca wasn't really concluding, so I chose to put a bulky defogger Scizor instead.

So I needed something to deal with mons with 135+ BS Speed, and I wasn't really convinced by M-Venusaur, so I chose to put a M-Sceptile instead

But even with TankChomp, Sand Rush Excadrill was a bit of an issue, so I put a Choice Band on Excadrill. (omfg 2 choice bands :o)
And finally I put an Assault Vest on raikou to allows him to check some mons like m-Manectric or Tornadus-T.

II) The Sets
Hentei

Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

There is the god Himself. Choice Bander Entei is really good in OU, because it has rrally strong priority, and also an incredible stab with only a few switch-ins (this thing can 2HKO an Hippowdon :o). The EV spread is standard, and for the moves, Sacred Fire because it's even better than Scald, Bulldoze to hit Heatran specificaly, Extreme Spee to revence kill/Clean, and Stone Edge to Hit fire-types/flying types.

Lacerta

Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake

- Focus Blast
There is another very good surprise, I really thought that M-Sceptile in OU was pretty bad, but in fact he is really cool o/ It is the best counter to Rotom-Wash which one of the biggest issues of Entei. For the set, I put Earthquke to "lure" (not really lure because a lot of people know that M-Sceptile is played with it sometimes but well) Heatran, Giga Drain because it provides recovery and hits pretty hard, Dragon Pulse for stab, and Focus Blast to hit Ferrothorn/M-Lopunny (because without Leaf Storm it's the only way to OHKO it).
Roi Ghidora

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

- Toxic

The most standard set of this thing. The spread outspeeds adamant Bisharp and tanks Jolly Bisharp after a SD, the Ev in SpDef allows some special bulk. Earthquake is a stab, Dragon Tail to put some pressure on the opponent, Stealth Rock because 2nd best move in the game, and Toxic because Fire Blast is unnecessary and it can cripple some mons.

Lapin-Lazuli

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

- Superpower / Knock Off
Well, this is a standard Choice Banded Azumarill ._. Enough speed to outspeed uninvested bases 60 like Clefable, max attack to hit as hard as my d**k something very hard, and the rest in HP to increase his pretty good bulk. Play Rough/Waterfall are powerful stabs, Aqua Jet to cripple fatser threats (it OHKO Sand Rush Excadrill o/), and Superpower for coverage (I also consider to put Knock Off).

Raigeki

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Thunderbolt
Also a standard set, AV Raikou is really good in offenses team, because it checks things like M-Manectric or Tornadus that cripple these teams. Well, Max SpA/Spe to hit hard and fast, the 4 remaining EV in SpDef. For the Move, Volt Switch for momentum, Hidden Power Ice for Bolt-Beam, Thunderbolt because stab, and Signal Beam to hit Hoopa ans Lati@s.

Rouge XIII

Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog

- Roost

The defogger of the squad. I wasn't conviced by the set, btu it is pretty cool. The EV spread allows to 2HKO an offensive M-Altaria after rocks, and also to not be OHKOed by Latios' Draco Meteor+HP Fire after rocks. For the set, U-turn because it provides a cool VoltTurn with Raikou, Bullet Punch because stab+priority, Defog to remove Hazards, and Roost to heals this guy because it is my only switch-in to Lati@s and M-Altaria.

III) The export

Hentei (Entei) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Lacerta (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Focus Blast

Roi Ghidora (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Raigeki (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Lapin-Lazuli (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Rouge XIII (Scizor) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost

I guess i must put some replays of the squad in action, but I don't really had time to lad a lot with it, so I juste put some replays of not really cools matchs :/

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-287055978

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-286663462

Last edited:
Hello there Soleil Noir such a cool team you have there, however I have some few suggestions that will hopefully help make it even better:

First of all I can notice that your team can have a very hard time against offense (other than MSceptile), to fix this I'll be suggesting Belly Drum Azumarill over Choice Band, this set allows you to set up easily against some HO mons such as Weavile, Keldeo, and Zard X, here is the set:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

The EV spread The given EV spread lets you outspeed uninvested base 70 Speed Pokemon such as Skarmory, Tyranitar, and Clefable.

Another thing that can be noticed about the team is that it has a hard time vs Mega Venusaur and especially offensive variants, to fix that I suggest using Latios over Mega Sceptile, and it can also deal with Rotom-Wash (or you can use Latias with Healing Wish if you want):

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

Next now that you have a free mega spot and a reliable defogger I'll suggest using Bulky SD MScizor over your current set, it gives you a good defensive pivot as well as a decent late game cleaner:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Anyways that's all I have to say, I hope I helped and good luck! :)

hey this is a pretty cool team, i think the above user covered up the team really well, i'll just like to chime in on some things

firstly, i feel that entei is best used with volt-turn support as their wallbreaker, spreading burns and putting more chip damage and pressure is crucial to a volt-turn team's success, and having priority in espeed to boot is excellent too and your team takes advantage of entei's strengths really well. however i feel that your team is weak against mdiancie, kyurem-b and bisharp, which are large threats to common volt-turn teams in the meta and your team is no exception. i'm talking about hp fire mdiancie and kyurem-b especially, since your team struggles to function once mscizor is lured out and you put way too much pressure on mscizor to glue the team together. to cover the former 2 pokemon, i would recommend running iron tail life orb tornadus-t over msceptile (or latios which yagura mentioned). iron tail av tornadus-t is mainly for mdiancie which is a neat lure while still being able to hold the team together defensively. i would also run focus blast just to nail kyurem-b as well since iron tail doesn't do as much to kyurem-b. i feel that tornadus-t functions better on this team because it also patches up other holes such as serperior (which can break entei easily, even more so if you are unable to defog away sr) and more.

secondly, i would suggest running specs keldeo over bdrum/cb azu. unfortunately changing msceptile/latios makes you more vulnerable to rotom-w. specs keldeo is while by no means a solid counter to rotom-w, between cb entei's sacred fire (and potential burn), tornadus-t's and mscizor's u turns, rotom-w seems to be worn down very easily when against this team. azu is unable to outrun rotom-w and hence this gives rotom-w breathing space to pain split and heal off the damage or volt switch off and lose momentum, hence the addition of keldeo would give rotom-w even less breathing space to heal off the damage as it is able to do around 50% to phydef varients with secret sword. the addition of keldeo to the team would also make your team significantly less vulnerable to bisharp, most notably sd varients. while you do have garchomp which is a decent check of its own, bisharp is usually paired up with strong physical attackers such as lopunny and hoopa-u which can wear down garchomp to the extent where it is no longer able to function as your bisharp check. hence, keldeo gives your team a second bisharp (and general answer to the rising darkspam teams) and i find it more suitable for your team over azumarill. keldeo still gives your team the much needed fire-power and acts as a one-two punch with entei, hence also fulfilling the role which you put azu on the team for.

finally, to patch up the slight excadrill weakness, i would run physcially defensive mscizor over your current one, as well as to maintain the role of a hazard control for your team.

sets:
Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Iron Tail
- Focus Blast

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

hope i helped, good luck with the team! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)