The Dragon Cave Thread

Have you heard of Dragon Cave?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

So some of you may of already heard of Dragon Cave. If you haven't, here's a brief summary. Dragon Cave is an adoptables site where you collect dragon eggs. You put them in your signature and then the eggs will hatch into hatchlings, and eventually become adults. Eggs and Hatchlings collect views, unique views, and clicks. Those help them to hatch and grow up faster, but too many in a short amount of time can get the Egg or Hatchling sick. Once an adult they don't collect clicks, views, and unique views, and they cannot die. I've gotten very addicted to it, and I've noticed some other people here on Smogon have started too.

I wanted to make this thread after seeing a couple other users with some Dragon Cave eggs in their signature. The purpose here is really just a sharing place. Show off some favorite dragons you have, ask for help with hatching, etc. Feel free to add your scroll for others to see.

Dragon Cave is here.
The wiki is here.

If this thread doesn't belong in The Great Library, it's totally fine to delete or move it.

In some seriousness though I used to play a game like this called Egg Cave but it became severely pay to do anything by having monthly clickable that you have to pay to get and "never come back" after they're retired.

I kind of dislike clickable games because they tend to have a habit of overstating their quality and demanding a fair amount of money for what probably took an hour to make and only serves to be a daily 15 minute pastime.

In some seriousness though I used to play a game like this called Egg Cave but it became severely pay to do anything by having monthly clickable that you have to pay to get and "never come back" after they're retired.

I kind of dislike clickable games because they tend to have a habit of overstating their quality and demanding a fair amount of money for what probably took an hour to make and only serves to be a daily 15 minute pastime.
I've never had to deal with a clickable game costing money, but I do know that Dragon Cave doesn't do that. It has an art section where you can buy some artwork for the dragons, but that's all.

Tell me, HelenTheHero, what are your tips as to getting your dragons fully grown in little time? I see man y of your eggs hatching in a matter of hours and then mine takes days to hatch and almost a week to become the next stage up after.

Tell me, HelenTheHero, what are your tips as to getting your dragons fully grown in little time? I see man y of your eggs hatching in a matter of hours and then mine takes days to hatch and almost a week to become the next stage up after.
Uh, I really don't know? I check frequently to see if any eggs have hatched, and if they have I immediately go get another egg. It might have to do with how I got the Bronze trophy recently, which allows me to have 5 eggs at once instead of 4. Went to the wiki though and found this page which might help.

I need to know, are there specifically rarer types of dragon? What are the rarest dragons you can find?
There are dragons that are rarer than others. For example, according to the wiki these two Nhiostrife Wyverns I have are common.

But meanwhile this Dorsal Dragon I have is rare because it has a red crest rather than the common purple.

Hybrid dragons can be considered rare because you need to breed for them. I got my Two-Finned Bluna by breeding a Water dragon and a Skywing.
> <

List of Uncommon dragons here. Rare is here.

To my knowledge the four rarest dragons are the Guardian of Nature, the Avatar of Change, Avatar of Destruction, and Avatar of Creation. You need the Guardian of Nature to get the Avatars, and to get the Guardian of Nature you need so summon it when you own a Magma, Ice, and Thunder dragon.

It's the Valentines day event! For 7 days all past Valentines day dragons will be breedable, so for those of you who missed past events (Like me...) can grab them. At midnight on Valentines day, a new dragon will be released and can be found in the cave for 3 days before they disappear for the year.

Source

Forgot to mention in the main post that you can trade dragon eggs and hatchlings using the special ability of the Magi Dragon, Teleport.

Very interesting two or one way trading concept that has a two day cool-down after being used.
I'm aware of this.

One question i have: When you describe a dragon, how long will it be until the moderator approves of it and you can see it on your dragon's discription?

Also-Is it always the male's species that the hatchling will grow up to become? (excluding fusion species like the two-finned dragon you have)

Last edited:
I'm aware of this.

One question i have: When you describe a dragon, how long will it be until the moderator approves of it and you can see it on your dragon's discription?

Also-Is it always the male's species that the hatchling will grow up to become? (excluding fusion species like the two-finned dragon you have)
I honestly have no idea with the descriptions. I've read it can take from a few days to a month or more depending on how active the mods are. I have a few descriptions waiting for a couple of my favorite dragons.

I can also confirm it's not always the male species, because I have many times tried to breed my Magi dragons with my Water ones, usually a female magi and a male water, and I keep getting magi eggs. I think it has to do with the rarity of each species. Shallow Water dragons are apparently uncommon, which might explain why I still haven't gotten one after at least 5 attempts.

I honestly have no idea with the descriptions. I've read it can take from a few days to a month or more depending on how active the mods are. I have a few descriptions waiting for a couple of my favorite dragons.

I can also confirm it's not always the male species, because I have many times tried to breed my Magi dragons with my Water ones, usually a female magi and a male water, and I keep getting magi eggs. I think it has to do with the rarity of each species. Shallow Water dragons are apparently uncommon, which might explain why I still haven't gotten one after at least 5 attempts.
Lol-Every time I breed a dragon, it always turns out to be a male species. I don't think once I've had something different.

I finally managed to breed a Shallow Water dragon! I have two now. This guy was the product of weeks of breeding attempts, and on his mother's side he goes back all the way to my original breeding pair. I bred him with another Water dragon and got a second male Shallow Water. They have an easter egg where if you do their BSA enough (It's Splash) you get a Magikarp trophy. I've been working on it.

I finally managed to breed a Shallow Water dragon! I have two now. This guy was the product of weeks of breeding attempts, and on his mother's side he goes back all the way to my original breeding pair. I bred him with another Water dragon and got a second male Shallow Water. They have an easter egg where if you do their BSA enough (It's Splash) you get a Magikarp trophy. I've been working on it.
What do you breed to get a shallow water dragon if you don't aready have one?

Do you know what the exact probability is?
Nope! But after 9 attempts that got a Magi dragon, 1 that resulted in a Shallow Water after breeding a Water and Magi, one from Shallow Water and a Water, and none that resulted in a Water when it was Magi x Water, it's probably very low. They are supposed to be an uncommon dragon so that can explain it. I'm going to just assume it's about a 1/6 chance to get a Shallow Water dragon when breeding.

Two new dragons released! I managed to get two eggs of one species, and am searching for the other. Source They seem like cool dragons, and can't wait to have the two eggs hatch.

The egg description of this one is; "This egg is surrounded by mysterious, reflective dust."

Two new dragons released! I managed to get two eggs of one species, and am searching for the other. Source They seem like cool dragons, and can't wait to have the two eggs hatch.

The egg description of this one is; "This egg is surrounded by mysterious, reflective dust."
After doing a little bit of searching in the desert, I found one. Is the dragon suppossed to be common or rare?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)