The Everything NHL Thread

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Montreal 3-0-1

bring on the Rangers now so we kick their asses too.

When Higgins return, we'll have 3 awesome lines, I don't remember the Canadiens being that good on paper ever. This is a much better team that the team that won the cup in 93.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Man Theodore looks TERRIBLE so far. Terrible positioning (note the power play goal by Gologowski tonight), terrible ice awareness (note the near goal on the giveway on that supposed icing)

Looks like they are missing Huet :P

out of everything for me i'm probably going to try and trade toskola soon but imean how he's been playing is dreadful. I think it was the second goal in the montreal game where he couldn't cover up his five hole with a 20 mph shot coming lol.

out of everything for me i'm probably going to try and trade toskola soon but imean how he's been playing is dreadful. I think it was the second goal in the montreal game where he couldn't cover up his five hole with a 20 mph shot coming lol.
I would wait he should get 60-70 starts for the Leafs this year.

lol ya, I should stop posting when I'm tired. Not to mention he does have 1/10 of a brain. =P

Edit: I have 3 goalies starting today, not sure who to start:

Pekka Rinne (Nashville) vs. Leclaire (Columbus) - Columbus isn't doing that well, plus Rinne is suppose to be quite talented.
Cam Ward (Carolina) vs. LaBarbera (L.A) - Kind of scared of L.A's offence, and Carolina's lack of thus far.
Ryan Miller (Buffalo) vs. Sanford (Vancouver) - I'm probably going to start Miller, as Buffalo has the hot hand.

Just popped in to say that the Flames always have late starts. However, going 1-2-1 in your first four against division rivals is very very bad indeed, with kiprusoff letting in like 19 or so goals in his first four. The highest paid goalie in the league is really shitting the bed, no thanks to his all star defensive core that can't pass to save their lives. Not to mention that most of those games were actually in their reach. It's sloppy play all around, Mike Keenan needs to stop blaming the refs and start making his squad play better so they don't have to cause penalties to prevent goals.

Honestly the Flames have the talent to be competative but always just mill about like idiots for most of the season.

Also I'm glad to see the wings being less than perfect. Hell, they've been a serious cup competator for every single year I've watched hockey (started about 96 I think, when I was old enough for REAL rational thought...10)

edit: Looks like 2 all stars and a former vezina calibre goalie can't stop a puck on defense. At least Bertuzzi has 5 in 5 games and Cammalleri is a badass. Prust fights goons who are 75 lbs heavier than him without delay and...well fuck, I can't think of any other positives. Regehr + Phaneuf + Vandermeer should equate to at least a reasonable defense. Guess again. Fuck am I sick of this team being loaded with talent and looking like a breeze to everyone they play. They are the KINGS of giving up good leads.

I'm still a fan though.

The Wings are actually, player for player, better than last year and will still be a serious cup competitor again this year

Woooot Oil Pride!!
This definately looks like the season for us ^__^.

This kind of start has not happened for us since the glory days, and does not look to be coincidental at all.

Montreal and Detroit are the teams to beat at the moment, maybe we can bring the cup back to Canada from the way Edmonton and Montreal are playing (and hopefully when Calgary picks up the pace).

The Oil's start doesn't really surprise me but it does make me wonder why I didn't pick up Garon after predicting them to win the division ~_~

In other news Nabokov fucked up what otherwise would have been a spectacular week for me, which is a bummer since I really needed said spectacularness since Souray and Rolston are both hurt. Doesn't look to serious for the former and the later is anywhere from "day to day" to "month to month" which is pretty obnoxiously ambiguous ~_~

Also as a nice surprise, how about the Blues on top of the Central? They were amazing in the pretseason so I'm not _that_ surprised but I still doubt this lasts... still, it's nice to see one of the older teams with one of the league's stronger fan bases doing so well in spite of not really having many good players ?_?

The Oil's start doesn't really surprise me but it does make me wonder why I didn't pick up Garon after predicting them to win the division ~_~

In other news Nabokov fucked up what otherwise would have been a spectacular week for me, which is a bummer since I really needed said spectacularness since Souray and Rolston are both hurt. Doesn't look to serious for the former and the later is anywhere from "day to day" to "month to month" which is pretty obnoxiously ambiguous ~_~

Also as a nice surprise, how about the Blues on top of the Central? They were amazing in the pretseason so I'm not _that_ surprised but I still doubt this lasts... still, it's nice to see one of the older teams with one of the league's stronger fan bases doing so well in spite of not really having many good players ?_?
Didn't the Blue have a good start last year as well, only to start declining? I think it was because of injury, but it'll be interesting to see how far they get without Erik Johnson.

In my league, my team exploded with 19 goals, 15 assists, +2, 34 PIM, 11 PPP, and 110 SOG (My goalie stats suck, look away :3).

Edmonton won't win the cup. They are just as streaky as Calgary. Their lack of experience will start to show in the long stretch, maybe around march especially (or christmas too). They still need to develop alot of those young guys for a year or two.

The way vancouver keeps beating the shit out of the divisional rivals the last few years (and this year too, from the looks of things) they will have a good shot at the division. Meanwhile Calgary will once again putter into a playoff spot, Edmonton will make playoffs and Colorado will probably as well. Minnesota...not so much. Either way, all 5 teams in the division will likely threaten for a spot and probably fight each other for 6, 7 and 8th spots.

Edmonton might not be like, the red wings, as far as experience, but they certainly arent inexperienced as well. Also just noticed but the game turner for the 3-2 win over Calgary was sparked by a fight, won by the oilers, obviously, and I used to play with th guy who won the fight way back when he played juniors in my city. :D

Yeah, good on Prust for the flames for taking on a guy 75lbs larger and doing not that bad in his loss. Fuck that guy who beat him up is a monster. I miss Goddard :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)