XY Ubers The Final Chapters of PISTOLERO, Part II

Spaghetti

• Total voters

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The Final Chapters of PISTOLERO, Part II

Hello, this is another team that I made for dabroyo and James Jimmy a couple of weeks ago for them to get to 2400 on the suspect ladder with. Dabroyo told me he wanted me to build a team around offensive Dialga, but that was it, so I had a large amount of freedom when building for them. I decided midway through the team to use Calm Mind Arceus, as it ripped large parts of the ladder to shreds. The order that the teammembers are listed in are the order in which they were added.

This team doesn't have 100% answers to opposing offensive Pokemon such as Xerneas and Extremekiller, but way I teambuild tends to end up in having several failsafes so that nothing can sweep the team. This team has not lost to either Extremekiller or Geomancy Xerneas in around 300 matches played, which was quite nice. I actually pretty much ended up with a team after putting in Arceus-Water, so the last two slots were very customisable, which was nice too.

JJ is bad, but Dabroyo is worse

(Disclaimer: I know how to speedcreep, all of these spreads are just as simple as possible.)

Shake That (Dialga) @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

(Disclaimer: I KNOW that Defensive Dialga is an option, and works just as well, if not slightly better, but this team was built around offensive Dialga so that's how it will stay for the time being. Defensive Dialga does mean that this team isn't slightly weak to Arceus-Electric, and switches into Bolt Strike more easily, I know that too zzzz.)

Originally Dabroyo wanted to me to use Modest Life Orb, but I changed to Timid Adamant Orb almost immediately. I personally think that the Life Orb recoil is not worth the 10% extra damage on Dialga's STAB moves, as Life Orb doesn't help against Defog Arceus, and the things you tend to Fire Blast will die to it anyway. Timid is also nice as it lets you outrun everything in the base 90 range, and also set up Stealth Rock before Yveltal can Taunt you, which works out nicely sometimes as you can set up Stealth Rock then Draco Meteor it. This is failsafe no. 1 vs Geomancy Xerneas as it outspeeds any variant and deal 90% with Flash Cannon, often OHKOing it with Stealth Rock up. Dialga can also take a hit from Palkia and Kyogre, and checks various miscellaneous things too. Being able to almost OHKO Ground-Types with Draco Meteor works very nicely for Ho-Oh too. It's nice to see Dialga rising in usage, the Sinnoh Dragons have always been fantastic and always will be.

Complete Freedom (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Atk / 52 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Roost

I wanted to use Ho-Oh because I like it, and I was determined that I would build this team with Ho-Oh. I like to make my teams as Xerneas-proof as possible, and Ho-Oh also provided a physical attacker, as well as a check to opposing Calm Mind Arceus. Dialga being able to Draco Meteor Ground-types worked nicely too, and Ho-Oh is just a great bulky Pokemon in general. This used to be Choice Banded, which worked nicely as it provided a Sleep Talk slot to absorb Darkrai's Dark Void.

Ho-Oh also worked fantatically as a burn absorber, and can cripple Support Arceus with Sacred Fire burns, or Thunder Wave, or Toxic. Thunder Wave was a general cripple move, but Toxic or Substitute could also work well.

Death Proof (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

Defog Arceus has fallen from grace due to Shadow Tag, and in general is difficult to use nowadays, in my opinion, unless you use Arceus-Ghost. The rise of Giratina-Origin alongside Dialga is nice to see, and the only thing that can really stop this from Defogging is Taunt Darkrai, which Giratina wouldn't stay on anyway. This checks all three Mewtwo formes very nicely, antileads Deoxys-Speed, tramples Scolipede and Greninja Spikes Offense, and can snipe Life Orb Deoxys-Attack. It also checks Blaziken, Extremekiller, and offensive Ground-Types, all of which could be found in abundance on the suspect ladder (especially Extremekiller OML). The priority Shadow Sneak also came in very useful, as it's solidly powerful.

Stallion~ (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover

After looking at the team thus far, Arceus-Water stood out as a fairly good check to Kyogre and Palkia, and fitted perfectly as a Calm Mind Arceus. Refresh Arceus is fantastic, especially as it can be type tailored to suit whatever team you want to use it on.

Arceus-Water trampled the ladder easily, and annihilated any stall team without Ferrothorn or specially defensive Palkia. It was quite funny to see opponents throw in their Aegislashes / Landorus / etc for desperate Toxics, then cry as they saw Refresh. Arceus-Water also beats Ho-Oh fairly easily, unlike the majority of Calm Mind Arceus. Its ability to soak up Palkia's assaults, as well as Toxic and Thunder Wave, both of which are not uncommon on Palkia, is very nice. On one occasion, a match was taking too long so i told JJ to throw away the other five members of the team and win with Arceus, and he did it @_@. The EVs were originally 184 to outspeed Thundurus but 192 outspeeds Mega Lucario, which works very nicely as +1 Arceus OHKOs it:

+1 0 SpA Splash Plate Arceus-Water Judgment vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 301-355 (107.1 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Excalibus~ (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 140 Def / 184 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Xerneas was added pretty much as filler and because a cleric is always nice. I also wanted a Scarf user as extra insurance, and decided on Xeneas for several reasons. Scarf Xerneas worked very nicely against Hyper Offense, and outsped Darkrai and OHKOed it. It also deals nicely with Scarf Kyogre, breaking its Water Spout by hitting it with Thunder. Focus Blast alongside the 140 Defense EVs means that Xerneas can take a +2 Life Orb Extremespeed from Arceus after Steath Rock and deal ~65% back, and there were plenty of occasions where this happened. OHKOing Scarf Zekrom, Palkia and Darkrai that stayed in fearing Geomancy worked very nicely too. Xerneas also functioned as yet another check to Mega Mewtwo X, and provided a method of removing burns should Kangaskhan get burned by support Arceus.

->

Till I Collapse (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Return
- Sucker Punch

This last slot took me a whle to fill but once I thought of Kangaskhan it hasn't changed. Kangaskhan has to be the joint-most important teammember. I wanted a catch-all failsafe to prevent the team from getting swept, and Mega Kangaskhan provided this. The list of things Kangaskhan can check and kill: Xerneas, Extremekiller, Arceus-Electric (which is quite threatening to this team unless I nail it with Toxic or a Sacred Fire burn), Klefki, Palkia, Kyogre, Zekrom etc. Fake Out + Sucker Punch deals around 50-60% to Scarf Kyogre, breaking its Water Spout. Crunch would be nice but Earthquake is just too valuable, and Ho-Oh can switch into Giratina-Origin indefinitely if Stealth Rock is not up.

Shoutouts to: Alfalfa, Dallaren, Aidin, Joryn, PoweredByRevenge, Hack, Tom Bus, ApplepieFTW, soo Average and boltsandbombers, K Legacy

and also to dabroyo and James Jimmy for sucking at teambuilding and forcing me back into it again!

Shake That (Dialga) @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Complete Freedom (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Atk / 52 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Death Proof (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 Atk / 248 Def / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

Stallion (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover

Temple Of Isis (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 140 Def / 184 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Till I Collapse (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Return
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:
Another really cool team friend and thanks for the shoutout :]

As for the team it is quite good and i really like it so not much to add since you said that you wanted to use no speed creep and you also know that Spdef Dialga would be better which i agree with.

Looking forward for more of your rmts in the future good luck!

PISTOLERO fren :]

cool team I really like this one giro+ho-oh is neat and pretty effective. I wouldn't use aroma scarfxern here because you already have waterceus as a status absorber, and ho-oh/dialga can sponge too. I would megahorn to help with a slight darkceus weakness (non-roar dialga+giro), but you handle different mewtwo sets nicely so its optional. rock slide would improve your matchup vs ho-oh too, which is otherwise threatening. I would also use sub on ho-oh, because it means you do a bit better versus stall (eq works too) which would be greatly appreciated as waterceus isn't really a stallbreaker. Other than that I recommend you use modest life orb dialga, or at least modest. The only thing timid really does is help vs kyogre, but with waterceus you handle it well enough anyway. Timid is actually not that strong, and adamant orb doesn't really help with that either. Modest life orb instead of current set is actually 21% more powerful (10% nature, then another 10%=11%) which is quite a bit and needed for dialga's wallbreaking capabilities. This also makes it so supportceus forms take more damage which is nice because it once again makes you matchup against stall better. The lack of insurance against kyogre is mitigated by the fact that you can run more hp now, creep up to a point you feel comfortable with (88 speed lant for example). Overall this team is very solid though :D

u suck imo y/n bby scrub

Pistolero,my fren good job on this team.Since,You and I made this team im obviously gonna compliment it so there is no point in me talking about this team.Well,defensive dialga fits much better but its not op enough to outspeed xern and yveltal and fuck them up so yeah. (edited the post ApplepieFTW).

Last edited:
Pistolero,my fren good job on this team.Since,You and I made this team im obviously gonna compliment it so there is no point in me talking about this team.Well,defensive dialga fits much better but its not mexican enough to outspeed xern and yveltal and fuck them up so yeah.
What do you mean with mexican? It doesnt have twave :[

Ah, thanks for the shoutout, fren :]. It's a shame that XY ubers is nearly over; it would have been great to learn from you. I would like to offer my support for Xerneas' nickname - very well optimised. Nice looking team :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)