The Flood

The Flood

This is The Song For This Team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfO0TjJrTEU

Hello Everyone, Well I'm GC7 or as few maybe hardly anyone here would know me as CC, Well I have been around Forums for a real long time but I hardly ever posted due to the fact that I always thought my teams weren't good enough, well today, having nothing to do and not having school I thought to my self, "Well why not" Well anyways guys and gals, I came up with this team like a few days ago, and up to now it has done some real good stuff on PO, I feel like this is perhaps the best team I build,well like I said before usually all my other teams suck, but I feel like this will be the start of perhaps some great new teams coming in the Future, well here is the team and I hope you like it......​

Team at a glance

Team In Depth

PoliFrog(Politoed) @Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle Nature: Bold Evs: 252 hp/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
Moveset
Scald
Toxic
Perish Song
Encore

This is the Standard defensive Politoed, It's major objective is to stay alive and keep the rain up to help Keldeo hit like a truck with surf, Scald is there to be able to hit and to prevent to have to be switched if taunted, Encore lock opposite walls into a single move forcing them to switch out, same would work with set up sweepers getting locked into a stat boosting move with option of staying in and getting killed by any of my other Pokes or sacrifice what boost it had already gained, Toxic is there to cripple opponents who would be hard for Politoed to take out such as Jellicent and last but not least Perish song is to force any Pokemon who might seem like a threat to die or get out and give me a chance to have a free switch in.The Evs are simple give Keldeo as much bulk with Bold nature to be able to take hits and stay alive

End Of Days(Dragonite) @Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale Nature: Jolly EVs: 252 Att/252 Speed/4
Moveset
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Super Power
Extreme Speed

Dragon Dance Dragonite has always been my favorite dragon Pokemon, not only does it gain a free DD set up because of multiscale but also is a dangerous pokemon who in my opinion or perhaps in my experience can take out at least 3 of the opponents pokemons if played correctly, DD is obvious to set up with speed and attack increase, Dragon claw although much weaker than outrage allows me to be able to switch to other moves and won't lock me in to leave me in danger of getting revenged killed, Super Power is there to hit anything that resists dragon attacks hard most notably steel types like scizor,ferrothorn etc, I went with super power over fire punch for obvious reason, fire punch in the rain looses a good amount of power, the last move is extreme speed a great move like just about any other priority attack, it let's it revenge kill weakened opponents or with a few dd set ups outspeed other priority moves like bullet punch in case Dragonite is giving it's last breaths of air,

Dante(Scizor) @Choice Band
Ability: Technician Nature: Adamant EVs: 252 Att/252 Hp/ 4 Sp.Def
Moveset
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Super Power

Standard Choice Banded Scizor is Plain Bad Ass, U-Turn gives you momentum, scouts and Leaves a good dent on anything that doesn't resist it, Bullet Punch is priority which is always awesome for Revenge Killing, Technician Bullet punch power goes to 90 base power with stab which most teams will fear, Pursuit is there to kill lati@s, gengar, Alakazam,,.. basically anything that tries to flee from this beast, Last in but not least is Superpower which will Hit Heatran for a Huge amount of Power, I actually believe it will 1hit K.O. if I'm right well at least the attacking set will get KO... Scizor's main job in this team is to kill psychics who would do a lot of damage to keldeo as well as Terrakion and Mamoswines who would be a huge problem to my team, Ev's are simple max Hp and Attack with a choice band to be able to hit hard and take hits as well,

Silver And Cold(Mamoswine) @Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat Nature:Adamant EVs: 252 Att/252 Speed/4 HP
Moveset
Icicle Crash
Earthquake
Super Power
Ice Shard

Mamoswine is Cute..... Well anyways, The point of mamoswine in this team is to help scizor with revenge killing some pokemon who would be threats to this team Like Lati@s and other dragons, Icicle crash is there to be able to hit hard with stab, Earthquake is it's other stab which can take care of opposing heatrans switching in, Super Power kills incoming Terrakions who think they can come in to scare Mamoswine, and Ice shard is there for always important Priority, It helps finish off weak opponents especially choice scarfers who would be a huge threat to opposing members, Mamo can also help with Killing ferrothorns who would usually think they can come in to set up there stealth rocks and what not, Evs are simple, max attack and speed to hit hard and as fast as possible, I preferred Life orb over choice band because I feel Mamoswine does and helps in a better way with him being allowed to switch moves as it is needed,

Armageddon(Keldeo) @Choice Specs
Ability: Justified Nature: Timid EVs: 252 Sp.Att/252 Speed/4 Sp.Def
Moveset
Surf
Secret Sword
Hidden Power Ghost
Icy Wind

Oh my Choice Specs Keldeo.....This thing's main objective is to switch into something that can't damage it example heatran,ninetales or something of that sort, predict who's switching in and hit it damn hard with either of it's stab attacks, Surf under the rain with choice specs hits damn hard that is going to murder anything or at least leave a good dent in anything that doesnt't resist it besides those pesky pink blobs who would have to get deal with secret sword for a clean k.o. Hidden power ghost is there for jellicent, and the lati twins, if you are able to predict them coming in will hit them both pretty hard and last but not least icy wind for me is well sort of a filler move, but i guess it can always help with garchomp or any other fast pokemon who would be easier to k.o. with some of it's speed decreased, the EV's are simple max sp,attack and speed to be able to hit fast and hard and 4 evs into sp,def to have genesects download raise it's attack rather than it's sp,att

Days Of The Phoenix(Thundurus-T) @Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb Nature: Timid EVs: 252 Sp.Att/252 Speed/4 Hp
Moveset
Thunder/Thunderbolt
Focust Blast/Grass Knot
Hidden Power Ice
Volt Switch

The last member of this team is Thundurus-T, well many people would argue perhaps that Tornadus-T would be a better choice since it can spam Hurrican with Perfect Accuracy in the rain, Well I decided to go for Thundurus Because I felt Volt Absorb helps more in this team than Hurrican Spam would, Thundurus is a good counter for any Rotoms who would want to volt turn on any of my pokes when Mamo is down, it not only negates volt absorb but can volt switch back doing a good amount of damage, In the first move set we have Thunderbolt and Thunder, both are good moves but it's up to your personal prefference, Thunder is perfect accuracy in the rain, OU now is a weather war so keeping rain up all the time might be hard if facing against another weather Team, Thunderbolt on the other hand has perfect accuracy but much weaker, Then we have focus blast and grass knot, focus blast can kill opposing tyrannitars who would be a huge problem when dealing with who keeps the weather up, as for grass knot it can deal with gastrodon and Quagsires who would wall Thundurus, Hidden Power Ice is great to be able to hit dragons and other grass and grounds most notably gliscor and Hippowdon real hard, hippowdon who would also be a huge problem due to the weather war, Last but not least Volt Switch, momentum, like what scizor does it keeps this team attacking, which is always good, The EVs are simple max speed and special attack with the remaining 4 into hp,

A Few Threats
Gastrodon can be a pain in the butt to deal with, If Thundurus isn't running grass knot the only pokemon who would be capable to deal good with it would be Keldeo, choice specs keldeo can 2 hit KO with secret sword, it's not really a threat but more of a wall who can really mess this team up

swift swim Kingdras in anti weather teams can really be a huge pain, it not only gains speed boost because of the rain but can also pretty much take hits from almost any of my pokes, the best hope here would be to hit it hard with thundurus and then use scizor to bullet punch him

Like Kingdra, Ludicolo in anti weather teams with swift swim is a huge problem, Pretty much i can say that if this team comes across one its gg, The only chances you would have to counter it would be to predict him coming in when scizor is out and u-turn on him or politoed can poison him if he is choice locked into a water or ice attack then switch into keldeo who would do a good amount of damage with secret sword

Virizion is Problem to this team, with the calm mind set it has the power and capability to kill every single one of my pokes, although it can be worked around thanks to priority from scizor and mamo along with choice scarf thundurus with hp ice, but if mispredicted a move against him it can cause you big problems

Genesect is not really a threat, he is dangerous due to how good he is but good predictions from mamo, scizor and dragonite with super power as well as keldeo with secret sword can make quick work of him, but like I said don't under estimate him, he really is a good pokemon

Last Words
Well I feel Like this team has done a real good job on PO, I havent lost many battles with it, Im not so familiar with PO so I don't know if there is some form of ladder there to show this teams rating, I have used this team for many battles mostly on BW2 Wi-Fi and it's just amazing, Well this is pretty much it, I hope you guys like this team, I don't know how to do the importable/exportable kind of things so sorry about it incase any of you guys would want to use it, If I learn how to do those I'll be sure to put it up here in case anyone wants to try the team out, Well this is all guys, Thanks for reading and see ya next time​

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey man,

This is a pretty cool Rain offense team. Looking at your threatlist Gastrodon seems to be threatening, and I would agree. The best way to beat Gastrodon seems to be switching the roles of your Thundurus-T and your Keldeo. By running a Expert Belt set on Thundurus-T you can effectively lure Gastrodons and swiftly ko with Grass Knot. The prefered moveset on Thundurus would be Volt Switch / Thunder / Grass Knot / Focus Blast. By spamming Volt Switch, you can feign a Scarf and surprise kill Gastrodon. The lack of HP Ice shouldn't be an issue either, if you decide to take my other suggestion of a Choice Scarf on Keldeo. Choice Scarf Keldeo is a fantastic scarfer in this metagame and can provide a lot of utility for your team. It also speed ties other Scarf Keldeos who look like they have the potential to cause serious damage. While HP ghost does work on Keldeo, Choice Scarf Keldeo would really appreciate Hydro Pump / Surf / Hidden Power Ice / Secret Sword as its moveset. Both Surf and Hydro Pump may seem superfluous, but they serve different purposes. Surf is great for spamming, and is the go to move, while Hydro Pump provides power when it is needed for breaking through walls. These changes should also help a bit with your Virizion weakness. Between Bullet Punch, Ice Shard, and an always faster Secret Sword Virizion should have a difficult time sweeping through you.

Also one more thing to note is this teams lack of entry hazards. Stealth Rocks are really important in this metagame and can help wear down dangerous threats (not to mention it discourages switching). I would recommend using Stealth Rock over Superpower on Mamoswine. Mamoswine forces a lot of switches and Superpower shouldn't be missed too much. Another tiny move nitpick would be to use Outrage over Dragon Claw on Dragonite. The power does make a difference and you do have a Lum Berry to break the confusion. While switching moves can be helpful, the extra power is usually more beneficial. Anyways, nice team and gl.

tldr:
Scarf Thundurus -----> EB Thundurus
Specs Keldeo -----> Scarf Keldeo
Superpower -----> Stealth Rock on Mamoswine
Dragon Claw -----> Outrage on Dragonite

Edit: Earthquake will always be better vs Heatran/Terrakion, the one exception is balloon Tran but that set really isn't threatening your team.

Hey man,

This is a pretty cool Rain offense team. Looking at your threatlist Gastrodon seems to be threatening, and I would agree. The best way to beat Gastrodon seems to be switching the roles of your Thundurus-T and your Keldeo. By running a Expert Belt set on Thundurus-T you can effectively lure Gastrodons and swiftly ko with Grass Knot. The prefered moveset on Thundurus would be Volt Switch / Thunder / Grass Knot / Focus Blast. By spamming Volt Switch, you can feign a Scarf and surprise kill Gastrodon. The lack of HP Ice shouldn't be an issue either, if you decide to take my other suggestion of a Choice Scarf on Keldeo. Choice Scarf Keldeo is a fantastic scarfer in this metagame and can provide a lot of utility for your team. It also speed ties other Scarf Keldeos who look like they have the potential to cause serious damage. While HP ghost does work on Keldeo, Choice Scarf Keldeo would really appreciate Hydro Pump / Surf / Hidden Power Ice / Secret Sword as its moveset. Both Surf and Hydro Pump may seem superfluous, but they serve different purposes. Surf is great for spamming, and is the go to move, while Hydro Pump provides power when it is needed for breaking through walls. These changes should also help a bit with your Virizion weakness. Between Bullet Punch, Ice Shard, and an always faster Secret Sword Virizion should have a difficult time sweeping through you.

Also one more thing to note is this teams lack of entry hazards. Stealth Rocks are really important in this metagame and can help wear down dangerous threats (not to mention it discourages switching). I would recommend using Stealth Rock over Superpower on Mamoswine. Mamoswine forces a lot of switches and Superpower shouldn't be missed too much. Another tiny move nitpick would be to use Outrage over Dragon Claw on Dragonite. The power does make a difference and you do have a Lum Berry to break the confusion. While switching moves can be helpful, the extra power is usually more beneficial. Anyways, nice team and gl.

tldr:
Scarf Thundurus -----> EB Thundurus
Specs Keldeo -----> Scarf Keldeo
Superpower -----> Stealth Rock on Mamoswine
Dragon Claw -----> Outrage on Dragonite
Thanks Dragonuser, I will try out what you recommend, The reason why i have superpower on mamo over stealth rock is to surprise incoming heatrans or terrakions, plus with mamos high attack and life orb boost it can also help deal with the steel types which i have no clear counter for, Like i said thanks for the comment and I'll give out these changes a try :)

Hi.

From what I see, your team looks pretty good, However it has a considerable weakness to entry hazards, notably Stealth Rocks. Dragonite won't be able to set up efficiently and Scizor and Thundurus won't be able to VoltTurn much with a 1/4 or 1/8 of their health taken down every time they switch in, so, I recommend using Life Orb Starmie over Keldeo. With Starmie, you can spin as well as hitting hard with Hydro Pumps. Psyshock also gives you a clean OHKO on Virizion.

Here is the set:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
252SpA/ 252Spe/ 4HP
Hydro Pump
Thunder
Psyshock/ Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

I also agree with the changes from dragonuser but Superpower may be needed to KO Ferrothorn after an Earthquake though... Its really up to you. I also recommend putting Jolly over Adamant on your Mamoswine to outspeed Adamant Lucarios, which would be a threat to your team.

Anyways, most of the threats you listed are walled by Ferrothorn. It also takes random Dragon attacks better than Scizor can and can support your team with entry hazards, leech seeds or Thunder Waves, (though not in one set) so I suggest that you should use it over Scizor.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
252HP/ 88Def/ 168SpD (0 Spe IVs)
Stealth Rock/ Spikes
Thunder Wave/ Leech Seed
Power Whip
Gyro Ball/ Protect

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)