The French Project

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone.

As some of you may know, I'm currently trying to create a french subpart of Smogon. I've been redirected from The Smog section thanks to RD and Setsuna, and here's the copypasta of my thread, as a reminder :

Agammemnon said:
Hello everyone.
I've been talking with both chaos and Articuno64, and it's been decided that I should make a thread to submit my idea.
Without further ado, here it is : a french section in Smogon. It might seem big, but I'd like to precise that we'll begin slowly. In fact, I feel the urge to gather both communities (The Big Apple aka Smogon,and the french electron) so we can work together and enhance the quality of everyone's game.
Currently, the french community lacks some quality work despite some good authors (I'm not denying it, fellows, don't worry) and I think it would be great if we had a translation of The Smog, as a beginning.
So here is my proposal : I'd like to gather a team and translate The Smog in french, so we can publicate it. It might open the way for the other countries whose players don't speak english fluently (Brazil, for instance). It would beneficiate everyone, as those players, if included in the community, WILL bring a fresh look on the game we all play.
If this translation works, I have further plans to make everyone happy.

Agammemnon
While it's not 100% accurate, it helps remembering why I'm here.
It's been more than a week since I posted this, and I've now gathered my team. Articuno64 just told me to post here, so here I am.
My main issue is :
=> Where shall we begin ?

Doing the same things Spanish people did might be a nice beginning but it won't take much time. So here's my question :

What is to be traduced first ? I mean, we can traduce the whole Smogon website, but would it be useful? Is there something really important to traduce ?

Agammemnon.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would start translating stuff that people like to go for information / resource. I think translating the Smog is a great start, and probably the easiest to do. I wouldn't translate all of them, though. Maybe the issues that were released after BW came out.

After you're done with the Smog, you may possibly want to translate Smogon's BW Dex, at least the OU portion, and maybe some of the online Articles that are up on our site.

Not too sure what else you could translate other than old gen stuff after those.

Basically translate these resources:
The Smog - start with the newest and work down up to Issue #13, imo.
Pokemon Black/White - especially the Smogon Pokedex
Smogon Philosphy
Smogon Background

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just so people stay aware of the project :
We're currently doing the first translation wave. I'd say it'll be finished next week.
Keep an eye on us ! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)