Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Alright, so in your fight again Lovrina:

Her teenage spirit has infected you, to the point where it has affected your behavior. In order to "fit in" with her, you have to complete this challenge (I know you are a boy, but basically she has made your character think that he is a teenage girl/act like one for the fight):

a) You must go on a "shopping spree" beforehand. Then, to show off what you've bought, use an item every other move, the entire fight.

b) You don't want any of your pokemon to fall in with a rival girl: therefore you can only use female pokemon in that fight, so that none of the boys fall in love with her. If you have no females, one pokemon of your choice can be used instead.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Thanks houndoomsday! Even though it is technically 2 challenges, one is kinda redundant since I only have two pokemon by that point (ledyba and spinark (I know right)) anyway and having one pokemon in the fight is kinda difficult, especially given how I would have to do several battles with just that pokemon, and wasting all of those items sounds hard enough to me thank you very much lol.
So half of the challenge is excpeted - unless you give me a pokemon to use that is available in the lab in which case both parts are.

Anyway, thank you very much! Anyone else is free to give challenges as well by the way... anyone...? Oh...

Just kidding, but get me challenges!

Alright... I'll take a challenge.

I got Gen 3/4 and 5 for myself. I can get gen 1 and 2 but it will take some time.
I cannot trade but I can hack them in (Yes I know it's stupid, I won't do it unless it's needed).

But for now, I'll take a challenge in Fire Red.
Any difficulty is fine as long it isn't too idiotic (Like something in the trend of beating the game with level 5's or something like that >_>)
Updates will (try) to be given when I defeat a gym/end a challenge.

I got Gen 3/4 and 5 for myself. I can get gen 1 and 2 but it will take some time.
I cannot trade but I can hack them in (Yes I know it's stupid, I won't do it unless it's needed).

Any difficulty is fine as long it isn't too idiotic (Like something in the trend of beating the game with level 5's or something like that >_>)
You can't use your starter pokemon against gyms it hits super-effectivley OR not very effectivley, which means you can only use it against gyms it hits neautrally. Have fun.

Celever

i am town
Really... someone else asks for a challenge and gets a challenge like immediately...

Oh well, you can only catch the first pokemon you see on any route.

Edit: That challenge was boring, so what about this:
You must have a team made of two tri-typed trios. So like mantine, remoraid and qwilfish as three members and bayleef, skiploom and virizion as three more.
However you can have trios joined together, and any that are joined only require two pokemon.
For instance your team could be a noctowl, skiploom, mantine, bayleef and remoaraid. So you have a tri-flying, and then for your other tri pair you have two pokemon that are joined off of a member of the tri in type.
You understand it, ok?

Also thanks jimera! My colosseum version came early, so I'll just play on that until my challenges get filled up. It's not as urgent now, but I'd still love to start it!

You may not evolve a Pokémon until they solo an important battle (Gym Leader, Rival, Evil Team, Elite Four, etc.). For Pokémon with multiple evolutions, you have to solo multiple people.

PEOPLE CELEVERR STILL NEEDS CHALLENGES! It's literally just one page ago!

Anyway, RyujinSama we need to have an idea of how many challenges you're taking so we know when to stop.

Anyway you are challenged to use berries as your only means of healing status outside of Pokemon Centers (this means no full resotres, full heals, antidotes, paralyze heals, etc). Berries in Fire Red are primarily found in short (no wild Pokemon) grass on routes. Tiles with Berries hidden in them have a distinct, dark tuft of grass in the middle of them (you'll come to recognize it pretty quick when you get the itemfinder). There are a very limited number of these berries, so use them wisely! Good luck!

@Blob: So every gym leader, boss fights and what more, rivals? Mmm... So, if I have a pokemon, let's say Charmander, and I defeat 2 bosses, I may evolve Charmander 2x or once...

Celever

i am town
Organization member, accepted, I suppose. Clashes with Houndoomsday, sorry.,

Blob, it's a gauntlet of XD, a.k.a no gym leaders.

want to do a XD: gale of darkness gauntlet.

Game long challenges:
1) No switching (Courtesy - I mean annoyingly - of Jimera!
2) Only STAB moves, including non-damaging moves (Courtesy of Houndoomsday)
3) Only battling in colosseums to get the heart gauge of your pokemon down (Courtesy of blob)
4) No vowel-beginning moves are usable (Courtesy of Joyceymaster)
5) No calling out of reverse mode. (courtesy of j hunter)
6)

Admin challenges:
Like so Lovrina: Her teenage spirit has infected you, to the point where it has affected your behavior. In order to "fit in" with her, you have to complete this challenge (I know you are a boy, but basically she has made your character think that he is a teenage girl/act like one for the fight):
You must go on a "shopping spree" beforehand. Then, to show off what you've bought, use an item every other move, the entire fight. (Thank you very much houndoomsday, giving out two challenges is really helping me out here, and they are both good! :))
to
Political master Snattle:

to
Ooh Ooh Gorigan:

to
Lovrina battle 2:

to
Snattle battle 2

to
Ardos:
and
Eldes:
and
Gorigan battle 2:

to/and
The final countdown showdown!! (yet I don't know his name right now...):

My team (I'm picking 4 of them, but it could be nice to know for your challenge.):
Ledyba!
Spinarak!
Vulpix!
Snorunt!
Beedril! (Thanks to jimera, I am happy with it since I was going to use it one game but I went with butterfree instead for a reason I can't remember)
(I need one more)

You decide the last two! (I have used many and this is a run where I don't use any I have used before, so I will be able to turn down some pokemon you submit. I also don't want any challenges or anything for the pokemon, just a note saying which I should I use at the bottom of your gauntlet.)

Thank you, and I am making jimera happy since I am bumping his thread!

@Blob: So every gym leader, boss fights and what more, rivals? Mmm... So, if I have a pokemon, let's say Charmander, and I defeat 2 bosses, I may evolve Charmander 2x or once...
I guess the solos can stack. :3

Game long challenges:
3)
4)
Will take after I start:
5)
6)

Admin challenges:
Like so Lovrina: Her teenage spirit has infected you, to the point where it has affected your behavior. In order to "fit in" with her, you have to complete this challenge (I know you are a boy, but basically she has made your character think that he is a teenage girl/act like one for the fight):
You must go on a "shopping spree" beforehand. Then, to show off what you've bought, use an item every other move, the entire fight. (Thank you very much houndoomsday, giving out two challenges is really helping me out here, and they are both good! :))
to
to
Ooh Ooh Gorigan:
to
Ardos:
and
Eldes:
to

My team (I'm picking 4 of them, but it could be nice to know for your challenge.):
Ledyba!
Spinarak!
Vulpix!
Snorunt!
Beedril! (Thanks to jimera, I am happy with it since I was going to use it one game but I went with butterfree instead for a reason I can't remember)
(I need one more)

You decide the last two! (I have used many and this is a run where I don't use any I have used before, so I will be able to turn down some pokemon you submit. I also don't want any challenges or anything for the pokemon, just a note saying which I should I use at the bottom of your gauntlet.)

Alright, instead you can only purify shadow Pokémon using the Colosseum method of battling with them and bringing them to Celebi's shrine.

Celever

i am town
I guess the solos can stack. :3

Alright, instead you can only purify shadow Pokémon using the Colosseum method of battling with them and bringing them to Celebi's shrine.
Ledyba, spinarak and possibly my last pokemon would have to betray this rule, but otherwie accepted.

Game long challenges:
3)
4)
Will take after I start:
5)
6)

Admin challenges:
to
to
Ooh Ooh Gorigan:
to
Ardos:
and
Eldes:
to

Ledyba!
Spinarak!
Vulpix!
Snorunt!
(I need one more)

Another challenge...you're not allowed to use any moves that begin with a vowel :D

celever, i'd like to give you a new challenge. If a pokemon gets status it has to stay in until it dies, regardless of whether it KO's the Pokemon that statused it.
He already can't switch anyway because of my challenge. Sorry man, one more try maybe?

Also I'd like to clarify something about my challenge. You can switch Pokemon around outside of battle, just not when you're in a match. While this should be pretty obvious I thought I should say so just to be on the safe side.

Celever

i am town
Another challenge...you're not allowed to use any moves that begin with a vowel :D
Accepted! Like no moves in my pokemon's move-sets begin with vowels anyway, so it's not big deal!

Organization member, you are so good at giving out challenges that don't clash! ;)
I also need the last team member guys, not a whole challenge, just a note.
Don't forget on my admin challenges either, please.

Platinum Gauntlet!

*Quick Announcement!!*
I won't be working on this challenge for a short time while I get ready to compete in my first ever VGC! If you'd like to help me with my team, or have general advice, please click the link in my signature.
*Edit* Returned from my regional VGC. Went 4-4, 3 wins, 4 losses, and 1 bye. I don't personally like to count the bye, but whatever. Regardless, I am satisfied with the results of my first ever competitive experience. Now I'm ready to make my first update!

Hey guys! I’d like to request a Pokemon Platinum Gauntlet! I recently pretty much cleared the file of all useful Pokemon, and I’ve already Nuzlocked (by myself… foreveralone…) once, so I’d like to try something new!

I can trade with Soulsilver and I have access to Migrate almost any Pokemon from Emerald into it, so I’ve got Hoenn to work with.

Difficulty: Medium-Hard. I’d like this to be fairly challenging, but nothing too insane. I have school, too!

Restrictions: Like I said, nothing insane. I’m fine with stuff that might take some effort, but nothing that requires crazy amounts of luck like finding shinies, Pokerus, etc. If there is something that I really don’t want to do, I’ll work it out with the challenge-giver.

Amount: Let’s go with a 3 minimum. If there are more given after I start, I’ll implement the extras after the current gym I’m working on.

I’ll do my best to post updates after every gym or every major plot-point (ex: Galactic Boss Battle, random Rival battle, etc.)

Alright. Challenge me!

Current Challenges:

1) I must solo each Gym Leader with a Pokemon captured from an adjacent route/cave/forest/body of water/etc. In addition, that Pokemon must not have a type advantage on the Gym Leader in question.
Example: I could use a Zubat from Oreburgh Gate to solo Rourke. I could also use a Ponyta from Route 207. But, I can not use Geodude.
Challenge made by Espeon65, and adjusted by myself to make it slightly more difficult.

2) My Pokemon can only use attacks that receive the Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB) with the exception of Normal-types which can use any move.
Challenge made by Inanimate Blob.

3) Revival items are forbidden (ex: Revive, Max Revive, Revival Herb, Sacred Ash, etc.) and I am limited to the use of 2 items per battle.
Challenge made by Jimera0.

Alright, the Challenge minimum has been met, so I will probably start later tonight, as soon as my homework has been finished.

Update 1: Coal Badge
My team at this point are as follows:

Miestro (Kricketune) (M)
Lv. 19
Modest nature
Moves:
- Growl
- Bide
- Bug Bite
- Sing

Pyrris (Monferno) (M)
Lv. 16
Relaxed Nature
Moves:
- Scratch
- Fury Swipes
- Ember
- Mach Punch

Doof (Bidoof) (M)
Lv. 3
Modest Nature
Moves:
- Tackle

So, for the first leg, I had my first few battles with my rival, whom I named Gaunt (Gauntlet didn't fit.....). Both times were easy sweeps with Chimchar.

Now for the Gym Battle. I went for a Kricketot from Route 207 because it was the only thing in the adjacent routes that hit Rocks with Neutral damage.... It's sad... but it worked out fairly well. I ground it up to 16 before I let it evolve so it at least had Bug Bite for a decent move, and then another level before I actually went into the gym. He leveled up during the battle and got Sing, which I thought was pretty cool, but I didn't end up using it at all.

Turn 1, I used an X Attack while Roark used Stealth Rocks (I'm supposed to sweep anyway, so I didn't care). And I proceeded to 2HKO his entire team (except for Craniados, that was an OHKO). I was actually really surprised when he used Rock Throw and it barely scratched me, probably got a ton of Defense EVs from all of the Geodude I was murdering during the grinding phase....
So yeah. Onward to Eterna!
P.S. I'll figure out how to put the updates into a spoiler tag sort of thing and put in the Pokemon images in about 20 minutes. It's Lunch Time!
Alright, got the spoiler tags, now for the Pokemon images.

*Final Edit for now* Alright, got the Images in. And yeah, I didn't know how to spell maestro off-hand when I caught the Kricketot, so I'll fix it when I get to Eterna. Oh! Just remembered, the next update will probably be after the Galactic battles at the Valley Windworks. See ya all then!

Update 2: Forest Badge, and a few Galactic takeovers!
Alright, so I was out a lot yesterday and I played a ton on the road, and I got up to Hearthome City. So, my team as of right now:

Pyrris (Monferno) (M)
Lv. 26
Relaxed Nature
Moves:
- Flame Wheel
- Mach Punch
- Ember
- Fury Swipes

Tense (Meditite) (F)
Lv. 27
Lonely Nature
Moves:
- Rock Smash
- Calm Mind
- Confusion
- Detect

Flubber (Shellos) (F)
Lv. 22
Gentle Nature
Moves:
- Hidden Power
- Harden
- Water Pulse
- Mud Bomb

Floppy (Buneary) (F)
Lv. 18
Gentle Nature
Moves:
- Quick Attack
- Rock Smash
- Foresight
- Endure

Maestro (Kricketune) (M)
Lv. 21
Modest Nature
Moves:
- Bug Bite
- Sing
- Growl
- Bide

Dandy (Roselia) (M)
Lv. 19
Lonely Nature
Moves:
- Stun Spore
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed
- Magical Leaf

So, the Valley Windworks was pretty easy. Rolled in and swept through with Monferno (Challenge was to sweep Gym Leaders, as I recall). After murdering them, I went over to Route 205 and grabbed a Pachirisu (Squiggles) and Flubber because I wasn't quite sure what I was going to use against Gardenia.....

I then went into Eterna Forest and wandered around with Cheryl while I used this opportunity to catch Floppy and ground both Floppy and Flubber up a bit. After getting to Eterna, I did end up deciding to go to Route 211 and catch a Meditite which I then proceeded and ground up to Lv. 25. Went up to Gardenia and used Calm Mind up to +5 and sweep. I had to use 2 Super Potions because her Turtwig got a Critical Hit with Razor Leaf at one point and I did most of the boosting against Cherrim who used Leech Seed and had to use another Super Potion when I went down pretty low because of that.
After Gardenia was done, I gave my Bidoof Cut, and went into the Galactic Hideout and swept through with Pyrris, once again (at least he's useful for something).

That basically covers it up 'till now. Right now, I'm still deciding what to use against Fantina. It is slightly annoying because I only have 1 route to work with... And I'll probably go with Roselia. Well, once I choose, I'll go hit up Wayward Cave and find Mira and use that whole area as grinding time to Evolve Tense, Flubber, possibly Floppy, and at least grind up Roselia.
And that is it for now. See you all later!

Update 3: Relic Badge
Team status:

Dandy (Roselia) (M)
Lv. 32
Lonely Nature
Moves:
- GrassWhistle
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Magical Leaf

Floppy (Buneary) (F)
Lv. 26
Gentle Nature
Moves:
- Quick Attack
- Rock Smash
- Foresight
- Jump Kick

Tense (Meditite) (F)
Lv. 30
Lonely Nature
Moves:
- Rock Smash
- Calm Mind
- Confusion
- Force Palm

Flubber (Gastrodon) (F)
Lv. 30
Gentle Nature
Moves:
- Hidden Power
- Harden
- Water Pulse
- Mud Bomb

Maestro (Kricketune) (M)
Lv. 21
Modest Nature
Moves:
- Cut
- Flash
- Bug Bite
- Sing

Pyrris (Monfero) (M)
Lv. 27
Relaxed Nature
Moves:
- Flame Wheel
- Mach Punch
- Ember
- Fury Swipes

Fantina. She was annoying. I went and soloed her with Roselia like I said I would but, in hindsight, I probably should have gone with Golbat. At least then I would have been able to hit all of her Pokemon for neutral damage... I forgot that she had Haunter, and I was afraid that I would have had to shut off and grind up some more. But, it wasn't too bad. Just like her Duskull and Mismagius; Leech Seeded it, put it to sleep with GrassWhistle, and took it down with a few Magical Leaves and Giga Drain. I had to use a Burn Heal a few turns after Duskull hit me with Will-o-Wisp. I also needed a Super Potion after Mismagius's Psybeam. But, other than that, nothing too terrible.

Now, I'm off to Veilstone. I haven't done any forward looking at the surrounding Routes. I'll figure that part out, eventually.

So, 'till then!

Oh, the next time I update will be after I beat the Galactic Headquarters in Veilstone. For convenience sake. I mean, if I'm beating a Gym and heading through the HQ in the same city, what's the point of 1 big update, and a second smaller update? Just seems kind of..... silly.

*Edit* Oops, forgot the sprites!

Hey, side question for a moderator, or other qualified person who may know the answer: am I allowed to post this again farther along in the thread? I'd just like to make sure that it's still out there and relevant and easily seen for newcomers to the thread that only check the newest page of posts.

@Flamelizard Okay. I'll give you a fun one! On the route before every gym town, catch any 1 pokemon you like and solo the gym with it. Do with that pokemon as you like; keep it or don't. I could care less.

@Espeon
Thanks for the challenge! I just want to make like, 2 adjustments, just to make it interesting.
1) The Pokemon can be caught in any route surrounding the town/City
2) The Pokemon may not have a type advantage on the gym, but may have super-effective moves (ex: no Machops for Oreburg, but Ponyta can use Double Kick (Hypothetically, of course.))

And in response, I'll give you a challenge for your Ruby Gauntlet.
Solo the Fortree City Gym with Anorith/Armaldo! This of course also means that you must select the Claw Fossil in order to obtain the Pokemon. Level/moves don't matter.

@Espeon
Thanks for the challenge! I just want to make like, 2 adjustments, just to make it interesting.
1) The Pokemon can be caught in any route surrounding the town/City
2) The Pokemon may not have a type advantage on the gym, but may have super-effective moves (ex: no Machops for Oreburg, but Ponyta can use Double Kick (Hypothetically, of course.))

And in response, I'll give you a challenge for your Ruby Gauntlet.
Solo the Fortree City Gym with Anorith/Armaldo! This of course also means that you must select the Claw Fossil in order to obtain the Pokemon. Level/moves don't matter.
Those extra rules are fine with me. And thanks for the challenge but I kind of abandoned that because I didn't have enough challenges and i didn't care enough. I should really take it out of my signature.

Hey guys! I’d like to request a Pokemon Platinum Gauntlet! I recently pretty much cleared the file of all useful Pokemon, and I’ve already Nuzlocked (by myself… foreveralone…) once, so I’d like to try something new!

I can trade with Soulsilver and I have access to Migrate almost any Pokemon from Emerald into it, so I’ve got Hoenn to work with.

Difficulty: Medium-Hard. I’d like this to be fairly challenging, but nothing too insane. I have school, too!

Restrictions: Like I said, nothing insane. I’m fine with stuff that might take some effort, but nothing that requires crazy amounts of luck like finding shinies, Pokerus, etc. If there is something that I really don’t want to do, I’ll work it out with the challenge-giver.

Amount: Let’s go with a 3 minimum. If there are more given after I start, I’ll implement the extras after the current gym I’m working on.

I’ll do my best to post updates after every gym or every major plot-point (ex: Galactic Boss Battle, random Rival battle, etc.)

Alright. Challenge me!
You may only use STAB moves, save for pure Normal-types who can use everything.

@inanimate blob
Interesting... That pretty much nullifies one of my previous rules, but that's fine with me!
Accepted!

Flamelizard83, you are challenged to play the entire game without ever using an item to revive a Pokemon, and you're challenged to never use more than 2 items (excluding held items) in any one battle. Essentially, the idea is to eliminate the item advantage you have as a player character :P

Remember people Celever needs more challenges! It only takes a second to give out a challenge, so why don't you give one out even if you don't intend to play a gauntlet yourself?

@jimera0
Accepted! I don't tend to use items anyway, but this will probably get annoying once someone comes along and decides to status everything...

And I would give a challenge to celever, but I've never played XD, so I wouldn't know what a good challenge would be and most of the basic challenges have already been taken.

Edit: @jimera, just a clarification sort of question on your challenge. Is out-of-battle item use allowed, or is there a limit on that, too? Revives are already out of question, just HP restorers/status healers after trainers and stuff like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)