The hard-to-see Game Freak posters in SM

The other day I was thinking about the possible Alola reference in ORAS (the Exeggcutor poster in the Lilycove City hotel). After all, if GF is willing to put in an explicit call forward via the Strange Souvenir in XY, why not a more hidden one?

This in turn got me thinking about SM's GF headquarters in HeaHea City where there's five posters on the walls. They all seem to be formatted like Japanese movie posters with a small English translation bellow colorful Katakana and white text on the bottom where the credits might be (at least on a Western movie poster). The images on the posters are too small and pixelated for me to really make out, though.

My best guesses (few of which if true would have any Easter Egg value, so I hope I'm wrong):

The orangish one on the left wall (behind Morimoto)- A different version of the promo image from Heartgold of Ho-oh flying towards the Bell Tower.

The bluish one next to it- A city at night (maybe Pokestar Studio or the World Tournament dome from B2W2).

Alternatively- For some reason, I also can't help but associate it with the "waterfall that flows backwards" mentioned by an NPC in Couriway Hotel in XY. That might just be wishful thinking, though!

A guy on 4chan claims that it's a Schooled Wishiwashi, which is a possibility but I'm not sure.

The one in the bottom right hand corner (right behind a display of pamphlets/books)- One or two Geninja being menaced from above by giant monsters (Guzzlord and two Xurkitree?)

The pastel looking one next on the wall- A bunch of Sewaddle and/or evolutions against an abstract background.

The one in the upper right hand corner behind the bookshelf- Ryuki playing guitar on a stage. Would make even more sense if it turns out that Ryuki himself is a call forward.

What do you think the posters are? Is there any way to get a higher res/better viewpoint of them for closer examination (I'm no good with that kind of image manipulation, sadly).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)