The Highlander Tournament | Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Introduction:

During All-Star week for Smogon Premier League 4, macle and I had an interesting battle. We decided to do a one on one battle between our team mascots: Scrafty vs. Toxicroak. What started as a joke battle turned into massive theorymon sessions that went on for hours. Dekzeh and the Smog Frogs spent a lot of time working out optimal spreads, and the environment was similar in the Team Raiders channel. The battle ended up being a lot of fun with a surprising amount of depth (http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou8892250). It was easily one of the most fun matches either of us had played, so I'm building a tournament around the same concept.

Concept:

The tournament is set up that you pick and post three Pokemon when you sign up for the tournament. You can only pick one of each individual Pokemon, but a different player can have the same Pokemon as you (e.g. you can't have two Alakazam, but someone else can pick Alakazam if you pick it too; also, you can only pick one forme for Pokemon like Rotom). Chosen Pokemon have to be Overused and under; no Ubers are allowed. Each round, every player picks one of their opponent's three Pokemon to battle that round. They PM that choice to me. Once both players have relayed the opposing Pokemon to face in PM, I will declare it in the thread. At that point, both players can start preparing for their match. Picking like this occurs through every round.

Also, it'd be awesome if each player kept their designed sets for when they are eliminated. They shouldn't reveal anything about the nature of the battle, but moreso why they prepared that Pokemon in the manner they did for that specific threat. It's cool for onlookers to see the mental process behind this stuff. If you can reveal it in these threads without giving away any of the opponent's strategy, I'm sure our viewers would love to see the sets utilized.

General Tournament Rules:

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found stickied at the top of this forum.
  • Standard OU - 1 vs. 1
  • Generation V
  • Single Elimination
  • The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Online. You are absolutely not allowed to use any Pokemon in the Uber metagame.
  • Matches may either be conducted on Pokemon Showdown or Pokemon Online.
  • Post three Pokemon in this thread when you sign up for the tournament. They will remain as your only Pokemon throughout the entirety of the tournament.
  • Private Message user Birkal at the beginning of each round which of your opponent's Pokemon you'd like to battle.
  • Do not battle until both you and your opponent have their selection revealed in this thread.
Battle Rules:

• Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • 1 vs. 1
  • No moves that evoke the Self KO Clause. Destiny Bond, Explosion, Final Gambit, Perish Song, Selfdestruct, and other such moves are banned.
  • No Johning whatsoever. I expect all matches to be done within the span of a week or less.
  • All matches will be best of one.
All participants must Private Message me which of their opponent's Pokemon they choose to face. Your battle cannot start until I receive PMs from both participants. I will be updating this post with the selected Pokemon when I receive PMs from both battlers.

Round 2 Time Table:

All selections should be made within 96 hours (four days) of this post.
All battles should be completed within 10 days of this post.
Participants that go over these limits risk being substituted out.

Round 2 Pairings:

DTC vs complete legitimacy
Gardevoir Charizard Samurott | Dragonite Garchomp Terrakion

Boudouche vs IronStorm
Jellicent Machamp Dragonite | Latios Magnezone Metagross

Jorgen vs Mylo Xyloto
Snorlax Zapdos Suicune | Dragonite Jirachi Latios

NidokingKing vs giara
Nidoking Cloyster Mew | Abomasnow Zapdos Salamence

Fusxfaranto vs Sayonara
Garchomp Mew Jirachi | Jirachi Dragonite Breloom

Steven Snype vs Vinc2612
Alakazam Heatran Sableye | Garchomp Magnezone Mew

Myzozoa vs CBTerrakion
Mew Latias Dragonite | Garchomp Keldeo Scizor

Euler vs Morpheus
Alakazam Weavile Sceptile | Hydeigon Mew Garchomp

Hantsuki vs BlankZero
Jirachi Mamoswine Arcanine | Tyranitar Breloom Heatran

Eo Ut Mortus vs Brammi
Mamoswine Cloyster Jirachi | Blissey Zapdos Machamp

The DragonKnight vs Kelsey
Dragonite Azelf Togekiss | Jirachi Infernape Dragonite

The Kyle vs AnemosSpei
Breloom Chandelure Tyranitar | Keldeo Volcarona Garchomp

rairyan vs fitzy72
Dragonite Landorus Jirachi | Mamoswine Mew Metagross

Lasagne21 vs Nova
Hariyama Lucario Dragonite | Mew Ditto Jirachi

Instynct vs The Unlucky one
Azelf Latios Dragonite | Keldeo Landorus Tyranitar

Treecko vs Raseri
Whimsicott Liepard Sableye | Celebi Jirachi Victini

Rockhp31 vs Velits
Lucario Landorus-i Dragonite | Meloetta Honchkrow Jirachi

Anno nyme vs DarkLoïc
Terrakion Reuniclus Aerodactyl | Jirachi Landorus-i Terrakion

Frizy vs Maxou
Jirachi Landorus-i Tyranitar | Dragonite Moltres Jirachi

reachzero vs Dcae
Jirachi Mew Dragonite | Mamoswine Jirachi Mew

ModestGarchomp vs FireMage
Tyranitar Jirachi Liepard | Volcarona Jirachi Chansey

TheFourthChaser vs Mew
Mew Jirachi Kyurem-B | Latias Zapdos Swampert

SoulWind vs sandshrewz
Mew Jirachi Zapdos | Arcanine Zapdos Metagross

Lunatic Lies vs B-Lulz
Volcarona Mew Dragonite | Keldeo Gengar Latios

Dice vs Pwnemon
Keldeo Jirachi Landorus | Conkeldurr Scrafty Machamp

SubwayJ vs Fantasy
Nidoking Lucario Mew | Dragonite Mamoswine Conkeldurr

Chieliee vs Metal Sonic
Dragonite Breloom Alakazam | Mienshao Conkeldurr Infernape

Houndoomsday vs -Manu-
Mew Jirachi Dragonite | Salamence Victini Kingdra

Stone_Cold vs dragonuser
Gengar Garchomp Yanmega | Kyurem-B Dragonite Jirachi

McMeghan vs Feranfell
Tyranitar Mamoswine Mew | Wingull Slowpoke Maractus

Terraquaza vs Kirigakure
Garchomp Breloom Jirachi | Togekiss Kyurem-B Infernape

Zukai vs Double01
Terrakion Dragonite Salamence | Abomasnow Mew Garchomp

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
lost to bs dragonusers shakeitup luck haha.

I was...

Yanmega @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Modest, 252 speed, special atk
- Ancient Power
- Swagger
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power Rock

lost off 1 turn sleep :p, gg

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
even though you didnt post our selections yet, we played anyway. i defeated cbt: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oriserver-1v1-37870

i used
Dragonite @ Fire Gem
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- ExtremeSpeed
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I almost used inner focus to avoid scarf scizor flinching, but i decided it wasn't worth it

Last edited:

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
confirming, and i used

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics
- Iron Head

(lack of thought can really hurt...)

my username has been changed from Tagliatelle21 to Lasagne21. Just though you should know so that the OP can have the new correct name next round.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Updated. There's a bunch of new challenges, so go check 'em out! Still waiting on @Zaos and @FireMage. They will be coinflipped if I don't get an answer from either of them by tomorrow.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Sorry but I can't find Feranfell in the members list, could someone please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)