The K1NG - Peaked #1

The K1NG

I decided to retire this team a few days ago. This has been my favorite DPP OU team so far, combing offense and defense in one team. It also has been my most succesful team so far, peaking #1 on the Smogon server of Pokemon Online. This obviously doesn't mean that much anymore as not much players actively play DPP OU, but I'm still proud of it.

I made the early versions of the team with SOMALIA, who used to be my tutor. This is also why this team is named The K1NG, as a tribute to K1NG SOMALIA!

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Jirachi leads off the team, and sets up the always-important Stealth Rock. Usually though, I don't Stealth Rock first turn as, while it does give me the advantage of getting rocks up turn one, I lose a lot of momentum by being forced to switch out. Instead, I use the fact that Jirachi can threaten common leads such as Azelf and Aerodactyl, or U-Turn against leads that threaten me such as Heatran, and switch in Starmie to have the advantage, even though I don't have rocks up. Most of the leads that threaten Jirachi are usually beaten by Starmie, so I can spin those hazards away early. Heatran usually Explodes turn 2 when Starmie is in, so my opponent won't be able to get rocks up while I do.

Trick also is a move I like to use Turn 1, locking my opponent in a move, meaning I can either switch to a Pokemon on my team who can take advantage of that move in case it's an attacking move, or Stealth Rock or U-turn on the switch when it's a supporting move like Stealth Rock. Iron Head is my STAB move, and is also useful for revenge killing stuff like Tyranitar or Dragonite in case I mess up. Iron Head can also be used in case I'm in a losing position, and hope to get a couple of flinches.

Basically, I just try to use Jirachi in a way that gives me momentum from the start. If I can set up Stealth Rock along the way, that's just a bonus. It's usually not that hard to get Stealth Rock up some turns later in the game, and I like to have the game's momentum right from the start. I usually only use Stealth Rock when I can still get the momentum while using it, or if I expect my opponent to use U-turn as well.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory sets up Spikes, adding more to the residual damages. This is useful as my team forces a lot of switches with Infernape, Starmie and Shaymin and making the opponent take Spikes damage every time they switch wears them down pretty quickly. Skarmory gets ton of opportunities to set them up, as he has great physical bulk, even with no Defense EVs, and great typing to wall most physical attackers. The only physical attackers this thing can't beat are Infernape, and Swords Dance users such as Lucario. The first is walled by Starmie, while the second is walled by Rotom-W. He also has decent special bulk when invested, and cool typing too to set up on the majority of special attackers, such as Gengar and Celebi. Of course, strong special attackers still force him out, such as Jolteon or Starmie, but they are handled by the rest of the team.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Every team with Spikes needs a spinblocker. Rotom-W was really the only one I considered for this slot, as I wanted one that's bulky, and has a way of recovering when it's low on health to avoid being easily taken down, and getting my precious entry hazards spinned away after. RestTalk is obviously the set I chose to have that recovery, as well as great bulk. With his great physical bulk, as well as Will-O-Wisp, there's no way Tyranitar is trapping this guy. He can also handle the physical threats Skarmory can't, burning them with Will-O-Wisp. Will-O-Wisp is really useful here as it effectively neuters most physical attackers, and also adds to the residual damage. I chose Thunderbolt over Shadow Ball as my STAB move, because it's more powerful, and also hits important threats like Scizor and Tyranitar harder.

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This guy is easily my MVP. He forces a lot of switches, and abuses that with U-turn to rack up entry hazard damage and switch to an appriopate for the mon they switched in. He forms a great core with Jirachi doing that, as they rack up hazard damage quite quickly. Infernape can also revenge kill a lot of dangerous threats, as with his great STAB moves, U-turn and Hidden Power Ice, there's really only one thing that can't be revenge killed by this guy, and that is Gyarados, who is easily handled by the rest of my team.

Another thing I love about this Infernape is that he often do a lategame sweep for me. With Spikes and Stealth Rock up, Infernape in Blaze range, and the opponent's team weakened, there's not much that is able to take a Fire Blast. I can usually scout the opponent's team fairly early in the battle, and see if Infernape can get a lategame sweep like that, whether it is with Fire Blast, Hidden Power Ice or Close Combat. After that, I try to weaken the members that are able to take that attack while setting up entry hazards, and Infernape can usually finish the opposing team in the lategame.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Starmie basically has two roles on this team: countering Fire-types and spinning. If my opponent uses a Stealth Rock Heatran as a lead, I have no problem sacrificing Starmie when Heatran has already fainted to spin away the hazars, as their entry hazard setter is gone, as well as Heatran, so the need for Starmie is minimal then.

While Starmie is mainly used for spinning, he can also force quite some switches with his Life Orb-boosted Surf and Thunderbolt, as well as deal out good damage to anything that's not a Grass-type, who are usually setup fodder for Skarmory.

Surf is chosen as my STAB move over Hydro Pump as missing against Heatran or Infernape could be crucial and could cost me the match. Thunderbolt is my coverage move, as hitting Water-types is more important to me, as Grass and Dragon-types are usually setup fodder for Skarmory.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Shaymin helps me beat Water-types, and heals my team members up with Leech Seed. I was doubting between Wish and Leech Seed, but in the end, I decided that Leech Seed was the better choice as it adds to the residual damage and also helps forcing switches. Shaymin was chosen over any other Grass-type because of Seed Flare. Seed Flare has that nifty SpD drop, and it forces a lot of switches.

I can sometimes also sweep with Shaymin against slower, bulkier teams. Not much can take an attack from this at -2 besides Dragonite, who is setup fodder for Skarmory. After Shaymin has swept, Infernape can usually finish off the team if there is anything left, as Shaymin can take out the Water-types Infernape has trouble with.

Earth Power is my main coverage move, hitting Heatran and hitting most Steel-types in general for hard damage. Hidden Power Fire hits Skarmory and Scizor, and is chosen over Hidden Power Ice because Dragonite is usually setup fodder for Skarmory, or can easily be revenge killed by Infernape.

Threats

Zapdos: An offensive Zapdos is troublesome because of its great coverage and bulk. My offensive Pokemon can outspeed but they can only do around half and take a big blow from Zapdos themselves.

Lucario: Swords Dance Lucario with Crunch can set up on Jirachi or Infernape locked in HP Ice and KO all my team members at +2. Fortunately it doesn't get the chance to set up often and it often carries Stone Edge, but it's still a threat.

Rotom-H: Offensive Rotom-H hits every member of my team for super effective damage. Shaymin usually deals with Rotom-A pretty effectively but Rotom-H can Overheat which can do a lot of damage. Fortunately most people carry Rotom-W nowadays. Infernape can also Fire Blast if Rotom-H is low on health, most sets also lack one of Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Overheat which means that I have to scout its set so I figure out a safe switchin.

Gengar: Substitute Gengar can be annoying as Jirachi will have to take a Shadow Ball, and Skarmory has to take a Focus Blast. Infernape and Starmie can also revenge kill in case it's needed though.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Awesome team. I'll just nitpick since you've obviously had great success here.

I would change Skarmory's item to Shed Shell just because Magnezone can cause some serious problems. It traps Jirachi if it isn't using U-Turn, removes your physical wall, and Scarf variants may Explode on Shaymin, essentially taking out three team members by itself. With a Shed Shell on Skarm, he still gets Jirachi but is handled better by the rest of your team.

Last, is there a reason you aren't using the standard RestTalk Rotom EVs? I'm just curious, since most use Bold/252HP/120Def/136SpD.

Awesome team. Good luck holding #1!

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey Toma!

This is a really nice team that I've struggled with when playing you, and is a very nice team that utilizes Scarf Infernape very well. However, there are some problems with Electrics, e.g. CM Raikou that can be addressed. Raikou specifically is able to come in on a choice locked Jirachi or Skarmory and set up a CM, and proceed to sweep your team, since Shaymin’s Earth Power and Infernape’s CC are not able to KO, the latter of which only able to do 66% to a Raikou with no defensive investment, which Raikou can KO back with a STAB Thunderbolt. What I can suggest is to use a Tentacreul, which is a sturdier counter to strong Fire attacks than Starmie, and offers great support for your Infernape in Toxic Spikes by crippling strong bulky waters like Suicune, taking pressure off Shaymin to do so. With Toxic Spikes in play, Raikou will be hard pressed to damage your team, and with smart switching, will fail to do severe damage to your team. Additionally, because Tentacreul is part Poison-type, it can absorb Toxic Spikes that may harm Infernape, Shaymin or Starmie in the late game. A moveset of Surf | Toxic Spikes | HP Electric | Rapid Spin will give you the same offensive coverage that Starmie did and a Calm nature and EVs of 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD will suffice.

Other troublesome pokemon to your team are Rotom-a and Gengar, the former of which takes little damage from Jirachi’s Iron Head, and is really only checked by your Infernape, which will have a hard time coming into it. Although annoying, they can be dealt with currently, and any more heavy modification will change the premise of your team. Shed Shell is something to consider on Skarmory so Magnezone doesn't hamper your main wall. Hopefully I helped and good luck with this team!

PS: This RMT means you’ll need a new team to play Smogon Tour!!

Yep, excellent team, congrats on the #1 peak. I remember playing this twice; there are three major weaknesses I noticed. The first is Zapdos, who was the game-winner for me the first time we battled. You have no way to really stop the former's Life Orb set from tearing you apart with its fantastic coverage, since your team is really frail on the special side and even resisted attacks will hurt. You have three Pokemon that outspeed it, but none of them can really deal with it unless it's at around half. The second weakness is SD Lucario. It gets a free set-up against Infernape locked into HP Ice; Jirachi is your best "check" but you probably won't have the scarf late-game (if Rachi is even alive then) and you can't Iron Head flinch Luke thanks to Inner Focus. Everything else on your team will die to ExtremeSpeed, Close Combat or Crunch. Lastly, a well-played stall team will really give you hell, as your spinner - Starmie - isn't packing too much power (it can't afford to drop bulk though) and is easily walled by ResTalk Rotom / trapped by Scarf Tyranitar.

I think Shaymin is the weak link because all it's really doing is beating up bulky waters, but you've got Skarm and Starmie for that. I have three suggestions that fix both these problems. First, run specially defensive Heatran over Shaymin. Next, move Skarmory to the lead position, and finally, change Jirachi to an Expert Belt set. Lets address how my suggestions fix your problems.

First off, specially defensive Heatran is one of the best Zapdos counters in the game. He takes Zap's hits with ease, sets up SR that you lose by changing Rachi's set, and phazes to cripple the bird each time it switches in. Once it's low enough, Lava Plume will finish it off (it doesn't even need to be at low health if you can pick up a Flash Fire boost from Heat Wave, or you could go for the 30% burn and stall it out with Protect+repeated hits). This set works extremely well on a spiking team like this with Roar to abuse hazards and your other team members covering Tran's weaknesses.

If you take my suggestions, your original lead, Rachi, is going to be running a mid-game wallbreaking set, which isn't the kind of Pokemon you want to be starting the game with. SpD Heatran doesn't work either, since it needs Shuca Berry / Choice Specs / Life Orb to do its job well in the lead department, and that would mean you'd have to sacrifice the bulk you need to beat Zapdos (and other electric types like Jolteon / Raikou). Since you've used lead Skarmory in the past on your Chasing Cars team, you know just how effective it is at doing what it does, and the early-game prevention of hazards takes alot of pressure off Starmie.

Finally, Expert Belt Jirachi provides a solid Lucario check - it's going to be sticking around alot longer now that it's not in the lead position and can actually do solid damage with a boosted Fire Punch. This set also dismantles stall quite nicely with its surprise value and superb coverage - a moveset of Iron Head / Thunderbolt / Fire Punch / Grass Knot is ideal. Run 176 speed EVs with a Hasty/Naive nature (enough to outrun Jolly Lucario), 40 SpA EVs to 2HKO specially defensive Hippowdon after SR+one layer of Spikes, then max attack and throw the remaining EVs into HP for a bit of overall bulk.

Good luck with the team!

Ok, so I played a few matches with this team vs sp, (my first dppt matches ever xD), and the main threat I found was SubGengar. It can set up a sub quite easily and then deal quite a lot of damage to most pokes. Anyway, this looks like a really good team, and why am I even typing this. I have no experience in dppt at all =/

Hey man, congrats on the ladder peak. I agree that SD Lucario looks like a big problem late-game, so I would actually think about going for Scarf Rotom-W. You'll lose a status absorber, but Scarf Rotom fits the pace much better and checks SD Lucario decently. The moveset should be Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Hydro Pump / Trick. I like a spread of 108 HP / 148 SAtk / 252 Spd for some extra bulk. I don't know if you need dual TrickScarfers (although it might help against stall), so maybe you could also give Jirachi Fire Punch for some extra coverage and more insurance against Lucario. Ice Punch is also an option for Dragonite.

I'm pretty reluctant to replace Scarf Infernape, but you might be better off running some priority if you end up using Scarf Rotom instead. You could just go with the physical set, especially if you have Ice Punch on Jirachi for Dragonite (it also helps that it resists Extremespeed). Last of all, I'd think about using Rest on Shaymin. I didn't find Leech Seed reliable enough over long matches when I used that set, unless I paired it with Protect. I usually like to keep Leftovers, though; it gives you extra recovery and can confuse opponents who associate the offensive set with LO. Good luck!

I will rate this team for two reasons- you asked me to and I miss the MIGHTY KING OF THE JUNGLE. FREE SOMALIA

But in any case, it's a pretty cool team! I for one have always like scarf Infernape. BKC actually has made some pretty good suggestions that, in addition to helping you with threats, allow you to abuse spikes much more effectively. For that reason I have very little to add- but I think you maybe could change Rotom's set. He doesn't really fit with the offensive theme of this team- if you want something else that can help against Lucario and stall, while still keeping Tyranitar from trapping you, you can use an offensive variant. Try something like this!

Rotom-w @ Life Orb
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef, Timid
Substitute | Pain Split | Thunderbolt | Hydro Pump

Rotom hits surprisingly hard this way, which is great when combined with Spikes. With the added speed, Rotom gets the jump on Lucario (and many other troublesome physical attackers, like Mamoswine) and knocks huge dents in them. With Pain Split, he can afford to run Life Orb, and really gives Stall a headache since neither blissey nor special defensive tran can stop him. Hydro Pump has the same power as STAB Shadow Ball but better coverage- if knocks huge dents in Tran and Tar while being resisted only by grass types, all of which are hit by spikes and cannot use Leech Seed to replenish themselves since you're behind a substitute. One of my favorite 4th gen sets. I hope this helps!

VIVA EL REY

EDIT: DAMN IT FALADRAN STOP NINJAING ME ITS JUST LIKE OLD TIMES

Thanks for the comments everyone!

2sly4u: Shed Shell on Skarmory is definitely something to consider, thanks!

San_Pellegrino: Tentacruel is interesting, it won't force as many switches Starmie used to, but Toxic Spikes is cool. I'll test it, thanks!

BKC: Thanks for the suggestions man, I'll definitely try them. Zapdos is annoying indeed, and so is SD Luke (though Stone Edge has been more common than Crunch lately, but Crunch is definitely dangerous). Thanks!

Chieliee: yh, subgar is pretty annoying as Jirachi has to take a Shadow Ball, but Skarmory and Jirachi check it and Infernape and Starmie can revenge kill it so I usually am able to play around it. And DPP OU is fun, you should try it more often!

Faladran: Thanks for the suggestions! Scarf Rotom is definitely interesting and so is Rest on Shaymin, but I'm not sure if I want to change Infernape, but three Scarfers is a but redundant. I'll try it with physical Infernape as you said though, thanks!

Smith: That Rotom is a very cool set, I'll definitely try it, thanks!

Hey there Tomahawk, really solid DPP OU team you got here. I've only analyzed a few problems this team may have. First, I would suggest running Rest over Leech Seed on Shaymin. As it stands out, Shaymin is your check to many Water-type threats, such as offensive Special Attacker Starmie, Suicune, and Empoleon. Shaymin with Leech Seed as its only means of recovery makes your team vulnerable to these threats late game, and can often get you swept. As Shaymin would be wearing off from entry hazard damages of taking residual/multiple hits from the aforementioned threats early game. So going with Rest to recover back to full health and switching out with Natural Cure makes it a pretty valuable move to have.

Next I see a big weakness to Swords Dance Lucario, and previous raters have also asserted this problem. There are a couple of options you can take for this. Giving Jirachi Fire Punch like Faladran mentioned is a good idea, removing U-turn. Giving Rotom-W enough Speed EVs to outspeed Adamant Lucario is a good idea too. Or you can also go with Choice Scarf Rotom-W as Faladran suggest, with Trick, to cripple opposing stall teams. However, If you do take this route, I would suggest taking off the Choice Scarf from your Infernape and making it a standard Mixape with Life Orb. The reason for this is that having too many Choice users will really limit what you can do, as well as Choice Scarf Infernape being easily stomped by many bulky Water-types.

Zapdos is also a big problem as BKC mentioned. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do without drastically changing the team. Going with Choice Specs Rotom-W with enough Speed to outspeed Adamant Lucario, can pose a big threat to Zapdos. It OHKOs standard Zapdos's with Thunderbolt after Stealth Rock damage. Another option is going with Hydro Pump over Surf on your Life Orb Starmie so you can also OHKO standard Zapdos after Stealth Rock damage.

The final problem, and possibly the biggest problem I see is your weakness to lead Mix Dragonite. Mix Dragonite are pretty popular as leads and can actually give your whole team a run for their money. Your lead Jirachi fails to OHKO it with Iron Head due to it having the Inner Focus ability, and gets OHKOed by Fire Blast in return. Nothing in your team safely switches in on Fire Blast other than Starmie (as Infernape would then get OHKOed by ExtremeSpeed), and Starmie fails to do anything in return due to it lacking Ice Beam (Starmie also gets KO'd by ExtremeSpeed when a little weakened). What you can do to prevent a Mix Dragonite from ripping apart your whole team is giving Jirachi Ice Punch over U-turn instead. Thus, you can take the route of giving your Rotom-W enough Speed to outrun Lucario with Choice Specs, or running Choice Scarf. Another solution is to give Shaymin Hidden Power Ice instead of Hidden Power Fire. Shaymin with Earth Power and Seed Flare would only need Hidden Power Fire for the following OU Pokemon: Scizor, Celebi, Skarmory, and Bronzong. But if you look at your team, you already have most of these threats nicely covered. So it is a good option to go with Hidden Power Ice, not only for Mix Dragonite, but also for other threats such as MixMence, Flygon, Zapdos, Togekiss, etc.

Hope this helped. Good luck!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

All of the previous rates have covered the two biggest threats to this team: LO Zapdos and SD Lucario. Scarfing Rotom-W is an option your team can easily accommodate, and if you do go with that, I would like to second BKC's suggestion of a specially defensive Heatran. This guy hard counters every single Rotom and Zapdos set out there, barring a Specs Rotom-W Hydro Pump. Heatran compensates for your lack of a reliable Fire resist, and also gives you a very effective shuffler considering all the switches Heatran forces. Instead of replacing Shaymin, however, I would consider replacing Jirachi. Shaymin is currently your only reliable Water resist, and removing it would make it a headache to take powerful STAB moves from the likes of Starmie and Suicune. You don't currently need Jirachi's speed with two Scarfers, and Scarf Infernape actually makes an excellent lead. It matches up very well against the likes of Azelf, Starmie, Heatran and Metagross, being able to U-turn to instantly gain momentum. Heatran can also fit Stealth Rock on its moveset without any fuss. The set I'd recommend is Lava Plume | Stealth Rock | Roar | Protect, with EVs of 252 HP | 252 SDef | 4 Spe with a Calm nature. Protect is very useful to scout Scarf Flygon, and the extra Lefties recovery can prove to be very crucial. There are also other options you can consider: Toxic helps to beat up bulky Waters such as Vaporeon and Suicune, Earth Power hits opposing Heatran, and Substitute gives Heatran a safety net which will really frustrate the opponent.

For other options, Hydro Pump should really be considered for Starmie, since the power difference against the likes of Scizor, Tyranitar and Rotom-A is very noticeable. Unless you're absolutely paranoid about accuracy, make the switch. Rest on Shaymin is also viable, but I actually prefer Leech Seed since it allows you to walk all over Blissey.

Good luck!

Eternal: Thanks for the rate, Ice Punch on Jirachi + Specs Rotom-W seems interesting, I'll definitely give it a try, thanks.

IronBullet93: Thanks for the rate, I'll give it a try! I'm not sure about revealing Infernape's Scarf turn 1, but he has a lot of good matchups so I'll just give it a shot.

Hello Tomahawk9,

Solid team! I have to admit it at first sight it looks like your bog standard FWG team, but after noticing the sets I see it can get tricky. I know a few other players that have had good results with that FWG core, and there teams were much more predictable. You can keep the pace against offensive teams by not letting them setup, but you still have some nuisances you might face. On the defensive spectrum, I feel stall teams that include Blissey and Forretress can be hell for you, considering they both can stay in on 3-4 pokemon. The interesting part of your team is that you can take multiple routes with your current FWG core, I'll mention one of my favorites.

I'll start off with your offensive weaknesses, while trying to add more twists to the team. The offensive threats I found were the following: CM Wish Jirachi, SD Lucario, Substitute Gengar, Heatran, Choice Scarf Rotom, Shaymin, LO Starmie, and Substitute Zapdos. The following suggestion I'll make should be part of most variations you plan to take for the team. To help against Substitute Gengar and Shaymin, I am going to suggest another spread for Skarmory. It is Skarmory | Impish Nature | 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe (you can add more Spe if you feel like it). This spread will laugh at most Hidden Power Fires from Shaymin, while not getting 2HKOed by Gengar and killing it. EDIT: Nevermind, I apologize I read your current EV spread wrong; you have exactly what you need. I do have a real Skarmory suggestion down the road though.

Now I'm gonna suggest what I find as one of the most interesting variations this team can take because of the twists it adds to your team. I suggest using Choice Specs Zapdos + CM Wish Jirachi over your current Jirachi + Rotom(W) combo. The sets are: Zapdos @ Choice Specs | Timid Nature | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | Thunderbolt / Heat Wave / Hidden Power Flying | U-turn and Jirachi @ Leftovers | Timid Nature | 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 Spe | Calm Mind / Wish / Psychic / Thunderbolt. I would use Choice Specs Zapdos as your lead because it starts you off arguably with more momentum then Choice Scarf Jirachi, and works in tandem with the goals of CM Wish Jirachi. If you have noticed, Zapdos is a dominant threat in DPP OU and has a few counters to it. If you take those few counters and compare them with CM Wish Jirachi's counters you'll see a pattern i.e. Heatran. This Zapdos will wreck those counters, meaning Jirachi will be able to decimate the opposition. Also, notice that Jirachi hits 281 Spe, which is enough for Adamant SD Lucario! I wouldn't suggest boosting Spe EVs for Jolly SD Lucario because even after setup Shaymin can take care of it. This also indirectly takes cares of your Rotom(except Trick), Zapdos, and Blissey troubles. CM Wish Jirachi easily sets up on most Rotom, Zapdos, and ultimately beats Blissey. Zapdos, on the other hand, gives you one more weapon against Forretress because it gets 2HKOed by Thunderbolt unlike your current Rotom's Thunderbolt. Unfortunately, this still isn't enough to fully take care of Blissey because you still only have two pokemon that legitly take care of it. As a result, I suggest trying out Taunt Skarmory with some speed on this particular variation of your team. Brave Bird is nice, but I feel Taunt on a team with numerous special attackers would be most beneficial for the team. The suggestion above is more of a preference I guess. Also, please keep a watch for CM Wish Jirachi and don't let it setup more then one Calm Mind and play LO Starmie carefully, you have the resistances to get rid of it. Nonetheless, Choice Specs Zapdos should also catch CM Jirachi off guard.

For the nitpicks, I suggest you use Hydro Pump over Surf on Starmie and Rest over Leech Seed on Shaymin (as a couple of other raters have also suggested). Hydro Pump will prove useful for obtaining needed OHKOs and 2HKOs, while Rest will give you the longetivity one of your most important cushions need and makes up for the RestTalk void I left after my Zapdos + Jirachi suggestion. On a much smaller note, you might want to try Ice Beam over Recover on Starmie to avoid further setup and hit key grass pokemon, but be aware it's a trade-off.

Hope this helps; good luck!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)