ORAS OU The Lemon Lovers

(A kick ass portuguese band called The Lemon Lovers, make sure to check 'em out :])

Teambuilding Process
Hello everyone, I'm TheKingHax, you might have never heard of me since this is my first RMT but I've been very big on the competitive side of pokémon since early XY. I wanted to participate on the forums and also felt like this team really deserved a showing, even though it's quite standart it features a few cool elements that I shall go more in-depth about:

Creative Process

I wanted to try out Bulk Up Talonflame + Low Kick Weavile, as a way to lure in and get rid of Talonflame's check's and counter's like Tyranitar and Heatran, seeing as Weavile alredy does a very good job dispatching the likes of Landorus and Tank Chomp.

Mega Diancie has outstanding synergy with Talonflame, as well as appreciating Weavile's help on getting rid of Heatran.

When looking for something to handle grass types, as well as the combination of Edge-Quake I stumbled uppon Chesnaught and instantly saw the potential on this fit.

Starmie is the obvious spinner of the team, helps me get rid of opposing hazards who sevearly damage the team as well as allowing me to keep my own.

Heatran has been a staple on a lot of my teams, and this one is no different, provides me with a clean FWG core, as well as 2/3 of a DSF core, while also cheking all variants of Scizor and Talonflame (except Natural Gift) making previous threats a lot more manageable.

An In-Depth look:

Jimmy Strawberry (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Weavile is an excellent mon to deal with offense, you just need to get a free switch into it and your opponent's rocks setter/hazard remover is in for a treat. Even without Pursuit the amount of mindagmes I've played with this thing is crazy as the opponent often stays in in fear and just dies to Knock Off. Ice shard for priority, Icicle Crash as main STAB. Knock Off is the other main STAB and most spammable move, and as mentioned before Low Kick to lure in and dispatch several otherwise threats to the team's main sweeper's.

Ginger (Talonflame) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 236 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Talonflame is often mentioned as one of the best mons in OU and it's easy to see why, despite it's 4x Rocks weakness it easily handles the majority of Fairy and Steel types with it's realiable bulk, acess to set up, priority, and priority recover. Shutting down Clefable was the biggest reason why I decided to run it so Taunt Bulk Up seemed like the obvious choice as you avoid walls from setting up and statusing you, I tried Swords Dance for the quicker set up and it definetely is viable, but I went with BU as a way to better deal with opposing steel types such as Bisharp and Scizor and have a "easier" set up. Will-O-Wisp can also work very well on this set as a way to burn annoying ground types, but I ended up deciding agaisnt it, as I tried to favour my sweeper status as much as possible. Being able to revenge kill threats like M-Lopunny and Keldeo is also a big plus, making it a fundamental team member whose preservation is key.

With Love, From Mars (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Diancie as amazing synergy with Talonflame, as well as being able to bounce back Hazards and status for both Talonflame and Weavile. Diancie offers much needed resistance to flying, as well as posing an offensive threat, base 110 speed is rather decent although HP Fire makes it slower than the other base 110 threats, hitting M-Scizor is really important since Talonflame lacks the Flare Blitz, making M-Scizor an intimidating lategame opponent. Thanks to Hidden Power [Fire] Diancie can almost OHKO both M-Scizor and Ferrothorn after hazard damage as well as dealing heavy damage to Physically Defensive Skarmory. Diamond Storm is there for STAB, and to help with birds, Moonblast is there as the main STAB and an almost always reliable nuke, and Protect to Mega evolve safely, although Earth Power could also be an option for the last slot.

Liver and Soul (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer

Chesnaught obliterates Azumarill, as well as switching in very realiably to powerfull attackers such as Breloom and Bisharp, as the team's go to switch in into the before mentioned threats as well as the Edge-Quake combo and some eletric type attacks, Chesnaught faces constant pressure, sometimes being hard to preserve it's HP. The EV spread is meant to outspeed (hopefully) all variants of Azumarill while still keeping a lot of defensive presence, however, it could be tailored to whatever you prefer.
Drain Punch helps letting Chesnaught recover health and beat Ferrothorn 1v1.
Wood Hammer is mostly here for Azumarill, but it also deals a ton of damage to Keldeo (wich Chesnaught can beat depending on circumstances), Clefable (99.1% chance to 3HKO) and defensive water types such as Slowbro and Suicune. Leech Seed lets me recover even more health, and helps force switches as well as potentially getting it off on a Lati or Zard switch, making it more confortable to switch in Heatran or Diancie to take the hit (or even weavile on a predicted psyshock halving the damage from rocks XD). Spikes help me hazard stack my opponent and pick off a couple of kills with Diancie and Weavile that otherwise wound't be possible.

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raikou: 246-290 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 307-361 (79.5 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

8 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 136 Def Amoonguss: 184-217 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Black Sludge recovery
8 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 136-162 (37.8 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

248 SpA Mega Diancie Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 252-300 (73.4 - 87.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes ( :'( i cry evr time)

Tender Fog (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Starmie's purpose is to spin. It also deals massive amounts of damage to anything switching in due to Analytic. Hydro Pump is the main STAB move, getting solid neutral coverage on the meta, doing copious amounts of damage to anything that doesn't resist it (especially coupled with spikes). Ice Beam is a solid coverage move that hits Dragon & Grass types for super effective damage. I chose Thunderbolt over Psyquich to better hit annoying waters and have a solid BoltBeam combo. It's speed stat is great and in general it's just a very good spinner.

252 SpA Life Orb Analytic Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Raikou: 253-300 (78.8 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 234-276 (64.2 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

Don't Tell My Mamma (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 20 SpA / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Heatran finds his way into the vast majority as it is a pretty customizable mon, fitting on almost every team and playstyle effectively. The EV spread might be uncommon, so please allow me to explain. Max speed is for M-Sciz and speed tie with opposing heatran's as funny enough, max HP heatran has a better chance to beat it's stallbreaker counterpart than stallbreaker heatran of beating max hp (although with this spread it's about the same) I need the HP investment to be able to switch in to stuff, as my team is very weak to electric types and special attackers in general, the 24 SpD EV's allow you to live a Gengar's Focus Blast from full and the 20 SpA allow you to 2HKO Volcanion (wish I had that replay man XD) There's not a whole lot to stay abouthe moveset, overcentralizing SR, Lava Plume and Toxic allow you to status things (wich is really cool if you predict a Water or Ground type to switch in) and EP hits the before mentioned things

Biggest Threats

A threat to all my teams, Mega Lopunny doesn't really have a switch in, although Chesnaught can deal with it as well as Diancie (kind of) and talonflame revenge kills.
Fast Electric types are a huge threat seeing as I have no ground type, Mega Manetric can perform exceptionally well agaisn't this team as it OHKO's my only electric resist with it's fire coverage.

Both Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss can be hard to deal with but are manageable.

Hax.

Conclusion:

I've enjoyed using this team very much and hope you do too, in a meta where perfection isn't possible I'd say it's a pretty solid squad and it's very fun to play, any tips on how to make the team better would be appreciatted :]

Shoutouts:
Most of my shoutouts go out to the RU room, all of the authorities there and of course my Fam from the SQUAAAD, thank you for making me more active in the forums (ocasionally) and not being mean to me for being bad. :D

Big shoutout to Clone. Art of War is definetely my favourite RMT at the moment, and I kinda, might have taken just a little bit of inspiration from it c:

TLL - Awesome band, don't forget to check them out.

Darknight_360 - <3

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Talonflame (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 20 SpA / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Hey man, nice team, but I have a couple of suggestions. Mega Manectric is a huge conundrum to the team due to the lack of switch-ins to its STABs and coverage moves, as well as the lack of bulk on your Heatran. Scarf Keldeo can be a nuisance too as is not only checks half of your team, but your switch in, Chesnaught, doesn't appreciate a Scald burn; offensive Starmie is 2HKOed by HP Electric and lacks recovery.

First I'd go Defensive Starmie>Offensive Starmie. Defensive Starmie can switch into Scarf Keldeo comfortably and has reliable recovery. Furthermore, unlike Chesnaught, Starmie doesn't mind a burn too much due to Natural Cure. You say Analytic Ice Beam Starmie is for Dragon and Grass types but you Diancie, Weavile, and Talonflame for those specific types of Pokemon.

Defensive Starmie may give you some positives, but there's also drawbacks, one of them being that you become a lot more susceptible to Azumarill, as the only Super effective you have against it is Chesnaught's Wood Hammer. Poison Jab>Low Kick on Weavile is recommended to be able to check Azumarill better. I feel like Low Kick isn't exactly necessary since Chesnaught as well as Mega Diancie both check Bisharp for you.

Lastly, I suggest Hippowdon>Heatran. Hippowdon, similar to Heatran, acts as a bulky Stealth Rocker, but can also switch into Mega Manectric's HP Ice. With 112 SpDef EVs, you are never 2HKOed by Manectric's HP Ice. You do lose something for Mega Scizor, but Taunt Talonflame, and Reflect Type Starmie are already. great Scizor checks.

Also, Chesnaught only really needs 56 Speed EVs to outspeed Belly Drum Azumarill(they run enough speed evs to outspeed Skarmory), so you can take some speed EVs out and invest it in Physical Defense.

Good luck :]

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Hey man, nice team, but I have a couple of suggestions. Mega Manectric is a huge conundrum to the team due to the lack of switch-ins to its STABs and coverage moves, as well as the lack of bulk on your Heatran. Scarf Keldeo can be a nuisance too as is not only checks half of your team, but your switch in, Chesnaught, doesn't appreciate a Scald burn; offensive Starmie is 2HKOed by HP Electric and lacks recovery.

First I'd go Defensive Starmie>Offensive Starmie. Defensive Starmie can switch into Scarf Keldeo comfortably and has reliable recovery. Furthermore, unlike Chesnaught, Starmie doesn't mind a burn too much due to Natural Cure. You say Analytic Ice Beam Starmie is for Dragon and Grass types but you Diancie, Weavile, and Talonflame for those specific types of Pokemon.

Defensive Starmie may give you some positives, but there's also drawbacks, one of them being that you become a lot more susceptible to Azumarill, as the only Super effective you have against it is Chesnaught's Wood Hammer. Poison Jab>Low Kick on Weavile is recommended to be able to check Azumarill better. I feel like Low Kick isn't exactly necessary since Chesnaught as well as Mega Diancie both check Bisharp for you.

Lastly, I suggest Hippowdon>Heatran. Hippowdon, similar to Heatran, acts as a bulky Stealth Rocker, but can also switch into Mega Manectric's HP Ice. With 112 SpDef EVs, you are never 2HKOed by Manectric's HP Ice. You do lose something for Mega Scizor, but Taunt Talonflame, and Reflect Type Starmie are already. great Scizor checks.

Also, Chesnaught only really needs 56 Speed EVs to outspeed Belly Drum Azumarill(they run enough speed evs to outspeed Skarmory), so you can take some speed EVs out and invest it in Physical Defense.

Good luck :]

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Thanks, I appreciate the input, and Hippo is something that I had been considering for a while, but didn't wanna ruin the FWG/SDF synergy on the team, although I'm not to keen on defensive starmie, wouldn't that make me a bit vulnerable to bulky waters?

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
What you can do is make Chesnaught a more offensive set/spread. I don't think Belly Drum+Salac is right for this playstyle, but I also don't think spikes are really necessary when you pair it up with Taunt Talonflame. Wood Hammer, Drain Punch, Synthesis, Leech Seed/Taunt with max attack and max speed allows you to deal with Suicune and Rotom-W. I apologize for not adding that to my rate.

Hi, I figured I'd give a rate. Pardon me if I'm bad, I'm kind of new to this rating thing :V. Decent team, Chesnaught is unique, I'll give you that.

Ok, so your team is kind of lacking a bit on the wallbreaking side, though TFlame covers stallbreaking pretty well. I'd recommend running Latios > Starmie. Latios can also get rid of hazards, though Defog may be less desirable due to Chesnaught being a spikes stacker, but if you have a stallbreaker like TFlame, you won't need it to pressure stall as much, so it might be an idea to change it for something else. However, the biggest boon to Latios it is it's ability to take on Mega Manectric, Mega Venusaur and Amoongus far better than you currently can (though MLop is still a threat and Amoong has spore so that complicates things, not to mention Latios can be 2hkod by a predicted HP Ice from MMane, but Hippowdon't not exactly switching in multiple times either vs a good player, ie. not 1200 trash). Latios also takes on Volcanion somewhat consistently if running Roost, and smacks most targets Starmie would with BoltBeam thanks to how absurdly powerful Draco Meteor is, so you can run Roost to better take on Volc, meaning you don't have to run 20 SpA on Tran and stick those points somewhere else. Latios is also typically ideal over Bulky Starmie on more offensive builds like yours as it doesn't sacrifice the ability to do damage in return for being able to switch in on Scarf Keld, with Icy Wind having an INSANELY low chance to 2hko coming from a Scarf Keldeo after rocks, but hax is more OP than MKanga IMO because there's no such thing as a hax check.

Set:
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost/Thunderbolt
- Defog

Thunderbolt can be run to take Azu on a tad better, but Roost is usually preferable to take Volcanion and Keldeo on more reliably. It struggles a bit vs Icy Wind Specs Keldeo but you have like 2 other checks to that thing so you'll be more than fine. Furthermore, it goes with the generally fast and offensive nature of your team outside of Chesnaught, unlike the momentum sink that is Bulky Starmie, who can't even 2hko freaking Alakazam. If you really want to run give up momentum that badly you can run Bulky Starmie, I guess, but it really doesn't fit on your kind of team and Roost Latios is a more consistent Keldeo switch in anyways in terms of it not being 2hkod by Hydro Pump and only being 2hkod by Icy Wind. That and it takes on Scarf Keldeo adequately enough.

tl;dr
Offensive Starmie
<
Defog Latios

tfw when lucy forgets to bring sub+bd chasnaught

dissappointed

but otherwise, this team is kinda weak to bulky waters, but you could run offensive chesnaught with taunt to help this. Run max speed, 176, whatever, but taunt chesnaught prevents stuff like cm cune from 6-0ing you, especially if naught is severely weakened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)